Vegetarian Discussion: Humans Have Been Eating Meat Much Longer Than Previously Thought

Humans Have Been Eating Meat Much Longer Than Previously Thought

Jgkeegan=40gma=EEl=2Ecom?=
2014-11-01 16:32:51 EST
ADDIS ABABA (August 11, 2010) — The evolutionary stories of the Swiss
Army Knife and the Big Mac just got a lot longer. An international team
of scientists led by Dr. Zeresenay Alemseged from the California Academy
of Sciences has discovered evidence that human ancestors were using
stone tools and consuming meat from large mammals nearly a million years
earlier than previously documented. While working in the Afar Region of
Ethiopia, Alemseged’s “Dikika Research Project” team found fossilized
bones bearing unambiguous evidence of stone tool use—cut marks inflicted
while carving meat off the bone and percussion marks created while
breaking the bones open to extract marrow. The bones date to roughly 3.4
million years ago and provide the first evidence that Lucy’s species,
Australopithecus afarensis, used stone tools and consumed meat. The
research is reported in the August 12 [2010] issue of the journal Nature.

http://www.calacademy.org/press/releases/scientists-discover-oldest-evidence-of-stone-tool-use-and-meat-eating-among-human

M*@.not.
2014-11-08 18:23:19 EST
On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:32:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
>ADDIS ABABA (August 11, 2010) — The evolutionary stories of the Swiss
>Army Knife and the Big Mac just got a lot longer. An international team
>of scientists led by Dr. Zeresenay Alemseged from the California Academy
>of Sciences has discovered evidence that human ancestors were using
>stone tools and consuming meat from large mammals nearly a million years
>earlier than previously documented. While working in the Afar Region of
>Ethiopia, Alemseged’s “Dikika Research Project” team found fossilized
>bones bearing unambiguous evidence of stone tool use—cut marks inflicted
>while carving meat off the bone and percussion marks created while
>breaking the bones open to extract marrow. The bones date to roughly 3.4
>million years ago and provide the first evidence that Lucy’s species,
>Australopithecus afarensis, used stone tools and consumed meat.

"Intent doesn't matter" - Goo

"It is morally wrong, in an absolute sense - unjust, in other
words - if humans kill animals they don't need to kill, i.e. not
in self defense. There's your answer. " - Goo

J*@gmaîl.com?
2014-11-08 21:47:52 EST
On 11/8/2014 3:23 PM, mur.@.not. wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:32:51 -0700, james g. keegan jr. wrote:
> .
>> ADDIS ABABA (August 11, 2010) — The evolutionary stories of the Swiss
>> Army Knife and the Big Mac just got a lot longer. An international team
>> of scientists led by Dr. Zeresenay Alemseged from the California Academy
>> of Sciences has discovered evidence that human ancestors were using
>> stone tools and consuming meat from large mammals nearly a million years
>> earlier than previously documented. While working in the Afar Region of
>> Ethiopia, Alemseged’s “Dikika Research Project” team found fossilized
>> bones bearing unambiguous evidence of stone tool use—cut marks inflicted
>> while carving meat off the bone and percussion marks created while
>> breaking the bones open to extract marrow. The bones date to roughly 3.4
>> million years ago and provide the first evidence that Lucy’s species,
>> Australopithecus afarensis, used stone tools and consumed meat.
>
> Yes, it is the unborn animals that will be
> born if nothing prevents that from happening,
> that would experience the loss if their lives
> are prevented.

There - you said it again.

J*@gmaîl.com?
2014-11-09 12:13:01 EST
On 11/8/2014 3:23 PM, mur.@.not. wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:32:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
> .
>> ADDIS ABABA (August 11, 2010) — The evolutionary stories of the Swiss
>> Army Knife and the Big Mac just got a lot longer. An international team
>> of scientists led by Dr. Zeresenay Alemseged from the California Academy
>> of Sciences has discovered evidence that human ancestors were using
>> stone tools and consuming meat from large mammals nearly a million years
>> earlier than previously documented. While working in the Afar Region of
>> Ethiopia, Alemseged’s “Dikika Research Project” team found fossilized
>> bones bearing unambiguous evidence of stone tool use—cut marks inflicted
>> while carving meat off the bone and percussion marks created while
>> breaking the bones open to extract marrow. The bones date to roughly 3.4
>> million years ago and provide the first evidence that Lucy’s species,
>> Australopithecus afarensis, used stone tools and consumed meat.
>
> I am not an extremist about it, and if I thought
> that all of the animals I eat had terrible
> lives, I would still eat meat. That is not
> because I don't care about them at all, but I
> would just ignore their suffering.
>
> I don't try to eat ethically, because I don't really care
> enough to make the effort.
>
> I would eat animals even if I thought that it was
> cruel to them, and even if they gained nothing from
> the deal. Is that what you want me to say? It is true.
> But that doesn't mean that I can't still like the animals
> also....

We're not used to you speaking so candidly in such long bursts, Fuckwit.
Are you feeling ill? Maybe you should increase the amount of water
you drink, relative to the amount of beer.

M*@.not.
2014-11-13 19:53:09 EST
On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:47:52 -0800, Goo agreed with himself:
.
>On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:23:19 -0500, mur.@.not. quoted Goo:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:32:51 -0700, Goo criticised human ancestors:
>>.
>>>ADDIS ABABA (August 11, 2010) — The evolutionary stories of the Swiss
>>>Army Knife and the Big Mac just got a lot longer. An international team
>>>of scientists led by Dr. Zeresenay Alemseged from the California Academy
>>>of Sciences has discovered evidence that human ancestors were using
>>>stone tools and consuming meat from large mammals nearly a million years
>>>earlier than previously documented. While working in the Afar Region of
>>>Ethiopia, Alemseged’s “Dikika Research Project” team found fossilized
>>>bones bearing unambiguous evidence of stone tool use—cut marks inflicted
>>>while carving meat off the bone and percussion marks created while
>>>breaking the bones open to extract marrow. The bones date to roughly 3.4
>>>million years ago and provide the first evidence that Lucy’s species,
>>>Australopithecus afarensis, used stone tools and consumed meat.
>>
>>"Intent doesn't matter" - Goo
>>
>>"It is morally wrong, in an absolute sense - unjust, in other
>>words - if humans kill animals they don't need to kill, i.e. not
>>in self defense. There's your answer. " - Goo
>
>There - you said it

I quoted you on how you feel about humans today, as well as how you feel
about what Australopithecus afarensis did over 3 million years ago, Goo.

J*@gmaîl.com?
2014-11-13 20:16:47 EST
On 11/13/2014 4:53 PM, mur.@.not. wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:47:52 -0800, james g. keegan jr. wrote:
>> On 11/8/2014 3:23 PM, mur.@.not. wrote:
>>> On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 13:32:51 -0700, james g. keegan jr. wrote:
>>> .
>>>
>>> Yes, it is the unborn animals that will be
>>> born if nothing prevents that from happening,
>>> that would experience the loss if their lives
>>> are prevented.
>>
>> There - you said it again.
>
> I quoted you on

No, I quoted *YOU*, Fuckwit, when you admitted to believing in pure
fuckwittery.

M*@.not.
2014-11-27 09:11:07 EST
On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:16:47 -0800, Goo lied blatantly:
.
>On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:53:09 -0500, mur.@.not. wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:47:52 -0800, Goo agreed with himself:
>>.
>>>On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:23:19 -0500, mur.@.not. quoted Goo:

>>>There - you said it
>>
>> I quoted you on how you feel about humans today, as well as how you feel
>>about what Australopithecus afarensis did over 3 million years ago, Goo.
>
>No

That's a blatant lie Goober. But if you now would like to try disagreeing
with yourself about any of it, try explaining how you want people to think you
possibly do, Goo.

J*@gmal.com
2014-11-27 13:01:11 EST
On 11/27/2014 6:11 AM, mur.@.not. wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:16:47 -0800, james g. keegan jr. wrote:

>>> I quoted you on
>>
>> No, I quoted *YOU*, Fuckwit, when you admitted to believing in pure
>> fuckwittery.
>
> That's a blatant lie

No. I quoted you. You admit it.