Vegetarian Discussion: If You Believe In The Abattoir Then You Would Support Auschwitz - Morrisy

If You Believe In The Abattoir Then You Would Support Auschwitz - Morrisy

Scot Free
2014-01-04 16:55:17 EST
Smiths singer Morrissey has said he sees 'no difference' between
eating animals and paedophilia.

The incredible suggestion was shared in a Q&A session on his fan site
- True To You.

The site allows fans to submit questions to the singer and Morrissey
is said to answer each one personally.

On the site, Matthew from Preston asked, "Knowing that you are a loyal
and proud vegetarian, I would like to ask you what is it that
motivated you to stop eating meat for good?"

The answer read: "If you have access to You Tube, you should click on
to what is called The video the meat industry doesn't want you to see.
If this doesn't affect you in a moral sense then you're probably
granite. I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia.
They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who
eats beings, I walk away."

"Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to
you "Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of
life," well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers."

Later, Paddy from Stockport asked: "What achievement are you most
proud of in your life?" He replied: "Many people have told me that
they stopped eating flesh because of something I said. I can't ask
higher than that, and I wouldn't aim for higher than that.

If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz.
There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement
have probably never been inside an abattoir. If you believe in the
abattoir then you would support Auschwitz"

In another bizarre post, he wrote: "If Jamie 'Orrible is so certain
that flesh-food is tasty then why doesn't he stick one of his children
in a microwave?"

And then, on the topic of Cilla Black preparing a leg of lamb on
television, he added: "Since a lamb is a baby, I wondered what kind of
mind Cilla Black could possibly have that would convince her that
eating a baby is OK?"

Morrissey also threatened to 'slip into permanent unconsciousness' if
any journalist ever asked him again about the Smiths.

The controversial singer has long been known as an animal rights
activist. In November, he said he disapproved of the country's
Thanksgiving holiday - renaming it Thankskilling.

The outspoken star recently published his autobiography - which he
insisted on being published in the Penguin Classics series.
http://tinyurl.com/po486uj

Rudy Canoza
2014-01-04 17:33:44 EST
On 1/4/2014 1:55 PM, Scot Free wrote:
> Smiths singer Morrissey

a fuckwitted bullshitting goddamned ignorant Marxist stooge.

Mr.Smartypants
2014-01-04 20:04:02 EST
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:33:44 PM UTC-7, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 1/4/2014 1:55 PM, Scot Free wrote:
>
> > Smiths singer Morrissey
>

> I'm a fuckwitted bullshitting goddamned ignorant Marxist stooge.

fixed.

Scot Free
2014-01-05 04:29:09 EST
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:33:44 -0800, Rudy Canoza
<*a@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>On 1/4/2014 1:55 PM, Scot Free wrote:
>> Smiths singer Morrissey
>
>a fuckwitted bullshitting goddamned ignorant Marxist stooge.

You're obviously not capable of attacking his arguments so you attack
him himself. Read Eternal Treblinka to understand his argument better.

"If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz.
There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement
have probably never been inside an abattoir. If you believe in the
abattoir then you would support Auschwitz"
Morrissey

Here are a few quotes from it.

Part I

A FUNDAMENTAL DEBACLE

True human goodness, in all its purity and freedom, can come to
the fore only when its recipient has no power. Mankind's true moral
test, its fundamental test (which lies deeply from view), consists of
its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals. And in this
respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so
fundamental that all others stem from it.
Milan Kundera

We have been at war with the other creatures of this earth ever
since the first human hunter set forth with spear into the primeval
forest. Human imperialism has everywhere enslaved, oppressed,
murdered, and mutilated the animal peoples. All around us lie the
slave camps we have built for our fellow creatures, factory farms and
vivisection laboratories, Dachaus and Buchenwalds for the conquered
species. We slaughter animals for our food, force them to perform
silly tricks for our delectation, gun them down and stick hooks in
them in the name of sport. We have torn up the wild places where once
they made their homes. Speciesism is more deeply entrenched within us
even than sexism, and that is deep enough.
Ron Lee

Part II

MASTER SPECIES, MASTER RACE

Let me say it openly: we are surrounded by an enterprise of
degradation, cruelty, and killing which rivals anything the Third
Reich was capable of, indeed dwarfs it, in that ours is an enterprise
without end, self-regenerating, bringing rabbits, rats, poultry,
livestock ceaselessly into the world for the purpose of killing them.
J. M. Coetzee

Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and
thinks: they're only animals.
Theodor Adorno

Part III

HOLOCAUST ECHOES

Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel

Our grandchildren will ask us one day: Where were you during the
Holocaust of the animals? What did you do against these horrifying
crimes? We won't be able to offer the same excuse for the second time,
that we didn't know.
Dr. Helmut Kaplan

D*@.
2014-01-05 12:15:59 EST
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 21:55:17 +0000, Scot Free <free@last.> wrote:

>Smiths singer Morrissey has said he sees 'no difference' between
>eating animals and paedophilia.

Then he's insane.
. . .

>vegetarian

. . .
>The controversial singer has long been known as an animal rights
>activist.

Which rights for which animals?

>In November, he said he disapproved of the country's
>Thanksgiving holiday - renaming it Thankskilling.

The animals killed for humans to eat would have no life at all if they
weren't raised for that reason, so a more appropriate term would be
Thanksliving. Duh.

Rudy Canoza
2014-01-05 12:39:26 EST
On 1/5/2014 1:29 AM, Scot Free wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:33:44 -0800, Rudy Canoza
> <LaLaLaLaLaLa@philhendrie.con> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2014 1:55 PM, Scot Free wrote:
>>> Smiths singer Morrissey
>>
>> a fuckwitted bullshitting goddamned ignorant Marxist stooge.
>
> You're obviously not capable of attacking his arguments so

He doesn't have any. He's an irrational hyperemotional "poet", not a
thinker.

Scot Free
2014-01-05 12:58:04 EST
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:15:59 -0500, dh@. wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 21:55:17 +0000, Scot Free <free@last.> wrote:
>
>>Smiths singer Morrissey has said he sees 'no difference' between
>>eating animals and paedophilia.
>
> Then he's insane.

Opinion.
>. . .
>
>>vegetarian
>
>. . .
>>The controversial singer has long been known as an animal rights
>>activist.
>
> Which rights for which animals?

If you believe an average-sized dog has the right not to be skinned
alive for the pleasure of a sadistic adult human being in full control
of his faculties, we could start right there. What say you? Does that
dog have that right against that person?

>>In November, he said he disapproved of the country's
>>Thanksgiving holiday - renaming it Thankskilling.
>
> The animals killed for humans to eat would have no life at all if they
>weren't raised for that reason,

That's the idea behind not breeding them in the first place.

so a more appropriate term would be
>Thanksliving. Duh.

Duh? You use words like duh?

Scot Free
2014-01-05 13:08:00 EST
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:39:26 -0800, Rudy Canoza
<*a@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>On 1/5/2014 1:29 AM, Scot Free wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:33:44 -0800, Rudy Canoza
>> <LaLaLaLaLaLa@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>>> a fuckwitted bullshitting goddamned ignorant Marxist stooge.
>>
>> You're obviously not capable of attacking his arguments so
>
>He doesn't have any. He's an irrational hyperemotional "poet", not a
>thinker.

Now you are just being silly. His arguments have been kicking around
for a long time. You can't dismiss them by dismissing him.

Rudy Canoza
2014-01-05 13:39:36 EST
On 1/5/2014 10:08 AM, Scot Free wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:39:26 -0800, Rudy Canoza
> <LaLaLaLaLaLa@philhendrie.con> wrote:
>
>> On 1/5/2014 1:29 AM, Scot Free wrote:

>>> You're obviously not capable of attacking his arguments so
>>
>> He doesn't have any. He's an irrational hyperemotional "poet", not a
>> thinker.
>
> Now you are just

"Morrissey" is a lunatic. He has no moral or intellectual standing to
say anything about animal slaughter.

Scot Free
2014-01-05 14:08:05 EST
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:39:36 -0800, Rudy Canoza
<*a@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>On 1/5/2014 10:08 AM, Scot Free wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:39:26 -0800, Rudy Canoza
>> <LaLaLaLaLaLa@philhendrie.con> wrote:

>>> He doesn't have any. He's an irrational hyperemotional "poet", not a
>>> thinker.
>>
>> Now you are just
>
>"Morrissey" is a lunatic. He has no moral or intellectual standing to
>say anything about animal slaughter.

ETERNAL TREBLINKA: Our Treatment of Animals and the Holocaust, by
Charles Patterson, Ph.D.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eternal-Treblinka-Treatment-Animals-Holocaust/dp/1930051999

The book I'm referring to was written by someone with intellectual
standing. If you can summon the nerve to read it you will come to
understand that the comparison being made is not limited to the
treatment of animals and holocaust victims, but by the supremacist
thinking behind it then and how it still prevails today to bring about
an eternal Treblinka.