Vegetarian Discussion: Something For Gooberdoodle To Blubber About

Something For Gooberdoodle To Blubber About

Mr.Smartypants
2013-11-14 14:54:59 EST
http://tinyurl.com/n7pl4pr

Rupert
2013-11-14 17:44:21 EST
On Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:54:59 PM UTC+1, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/n7pl4pr

The fact that nonhuman animals have conscious awareness is surely old news. It's part of common sense; we don't need scientists to tell us that.

Mr.Smartypants
2013-11-15 02:05:16 EST
On Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:44:21 PM UTC-7, Rupert wrote:
> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:54:59 PM UTC+1, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/n7pl4pr
>

> The fact that nonhuman animals have conscious awareness is surely old news. It's part of common sense; we don't need scientists to tell us that.

We don't but that idiot Goo does.

Rupert
2013-11-15 02:36:58 EST
On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:05:16 AM UTC+1, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:44:21 PM UTC-7, Rupert wrote:
> > The fact that nonhuman animals have conscious awareness is surely old news. It's part of common sense; we don't need scientists to tell us that.
>
> We don't but that idiot Goo does.

His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.

Rudy Canoza
2013-11-15 10:40:18 EST
On 11/14/2013 11:36 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:05:16 AM UTC+1, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:44:21 PM UTC-7, Rupert wrote:
>>> The fact that nonhuman animals have conscious awareness is surely old news. It's part of common sense; we don't need scientists to tell us that.
>>
>> We don't but that idiot Goo does.
>
> His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.

And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment. As I showed, they
cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.
Fuckwit and his waterboy Douchebag Hamilton have to equivocate on the
meaning of anticipate, reducing it to mere expectation in the immediate
future, in order to try to claim, fatuously, that animals "anticipate".
Mere expectation, as I have shown, is not the *emotion* of
anticipation. Animals do not experience that emotion.

Mr.Smartypants
2013-11-15 10:47:29 EST
On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:40:18 AM UTC-7, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 11:36 PM, Rupert wrote:

> >> We don't but that idiot Goo does.
>

> > His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.
>

> And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
>
> few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment. As I showed, they
>
> cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
>
> usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.
>
> Fuckwit and his waterboy Douchebag Hamilton have to equivocate on the
>
> meaning of anticipate, reducing it to mere expectation in the immediate
>
> future, in order to try to claim, fatuously, that animals "anticipate".
>
> Mere expectation, as I have shown, is not the *emotion* of
>
> anticipation. Animals do not experience that emotion.

You haven't shown anything of the sort, Gooberdoodle.

Rupert
2013-11-16 08:17:13 EST
On Friday, November 15, 2013 4:40:18 PM UTC+1, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 11:36 PM, Rupert wrote:
>
> >> We don't but that idiot Goo does.
>
> > His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.
>
> And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
> few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment. As I showed, they
> cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
> usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.

Do you happen to have the title of a thread where you showed this?

D*@.
2013-11-17 16:48:41 EST
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:40:18 -0800, Goo wrote:
.
>On 11/14/2013 11:36 PM, Rupert wrote:
>>>
>>> We don't but that idiot Goo does.
>>
>> His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.
>
>And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
>few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment.

Anticipation and pride are no more dificult to experience than the few
things you can comprehend that they experience Goob. It's no harder to
experience anticipation than fear, than it is to experience being hungry than
being cold Goober. In fact fear REQUIRES a being to experience anticipation,
Goo.

>As I showed, they
>cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
>usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.

You haven't shown that and in fact by saying they experience fear you have
said they experience dread, Goo.

> Fuckwit and his waterboy Douchebag Hamilton have to equivocate on the
>meaning of anticipate, reducing it to mere expectation in the immediate
>future, in order to try to claim, fatuously, that animals "anticipate".
> Mere expectation, as I have shown, is not the *emotion* of
>anticipation.

Anticipation isn't an emotion Goob. It's a mental condition that CAUSES
emotions, Goo.

D*@.
2013-11-17 16:48:53 EST
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:47:29 -0800 (PST), "Mr.Smartypants"
<bunghole-jonnie@lycos.com> wrote:
.
>On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:40:18 AM UTC-7, Goo wrote:

>> > His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.
>>

>> And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
>>
>> few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment. As I showed, they
>>
>> cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
>>
>> usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.
>>
>> Fuckwit and his waterboy Douchebag Hamilton have to equivocate on the
>>
>> meaning of anticipate, reducing it to mere expectation in the immediate
>>
>> future, in order to try to claim, fatuously, that animals "anticipate".
>>
>> Mere expectation, as I have shown, is not the *emotion* of
>>
>> anticipation. Animals do not experience that emotion.
>

>You haven't shown anything of the sort, Gooberdoodle.

The stupid Goober sure hasn't, and he can't even try to pretend that he has.
I wonder why Goo went back to lying about being Rudy Canoza...

Rudy Canoza
2013-11-17 16:56:36 EST
On 11/17/2013 1:48 PM, Fuckwit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:40:18 -0800, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> .

>>> His claim is more that they lack sophisticated mental states such as anticipation, pride, and so forth.
>>
>> And that is correct - they do lack those. They can experience at most a
>> few basic emotions: fear, aggression, contentment.
>
> Anticipation and pride are no more dificult to experience than

Animals can't experience them. They don't have the capacity.

>> As I showed, they
>> cannot experience the emotion of anticipation, either positively -
>> usually just called anticipation - or negatively, usually called dread.
>
> You haven't shown that and

Shown - multiple times. The emotion of anticipation requires an
awareness of time that animals lack.

>> Fuckwit and his waterboy Douchebag Hamilton have to equivocate on the
>> meaning of anticipate, reducing it to mere expectation in the immediate
>> future, in order to try to claim, fatuously, that animals "anticipate".
>> Mere expectation, as I have shown, is not the *emotion* of
>> anticipation.
>
> Anticipation isn't an emotion

It is, of course.