Vegetarian Discussion: "ar" Terrorists Up To No Good Again

"ar" Terrorists Up To No Good Again

George Plimpton
2013-05-02 15:57:44 EST
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-foie-gras-serving-chef-20130502,0,2842235.story

Rupert
2013-05-02 23:02:26 EST
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:57:44 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
> http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-foie-gras-serving-chef-20130502,0,2842235.story

So hacking counts as terrorism, does it?

George Plimpton
2013-05-02 23:47:57 EST
On 5/2/2013 8:02 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:57:44 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
>> http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-foie-gras-serving-chef-20130502,0,2842235.story
>
> So hacking counts as terrorism, does it?

Posting the chef's personal contact info so other terrorists can harass
him certainly counts as terrorism.

Rupert
2013-05-02 23:56:23 EST
On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:47:57 AM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
> On 5/2/2013 8:02 PM, Rupert wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:57:44 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
>
> >> http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-foie-gras-serving-chef-20130502,0,2842235.story
>

> > So hacking counts as terrorism, does it?
>

> Posting the chef's personal contact info so other terrorists can harass
>
> him certainly counts as terrorism.

Do you have some kind of definition of the term?

George Plimpton
2013-05-03 09:58:54 EST
On 5/2/2013 8:56 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:47:57 AM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:

>>> So hacking counts as terrorism, does it?
>>

>> Posting the chef's personal contact info so other terrorists can harass
>>
>> him certainly counts as terrorism.
>
> Do you have some kind of definition of the term?

Use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims;
especially intended to create an ongoing sense of fear and foreboding.

Rupert
2013-05-03 10:37:49 EST
On Friday, May 3, 2013 3:58:54 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
> On 5/2/2013 8:56 PM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Posting the chef's personal contact info so other terrorists can harass
>

> >> him certainly counts as terrorism.
>

> > Do you have some kind of definition of the term?
>

> Use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims;
>
> especially intended to create an ongoing sense of fear and foreboding.

Have we got any evidence of threats of violence against persons in this particular case?

George Plimpton
2013-05-03 11:03:53 EST
On 5/3/2013 7:37 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Friday, May 3, 2013 3:58:54 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:

>>> Do you have some kind of definition of the term?
>>

>> Use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims;
>>
>> especially intended to create an ongoing sense of fear and foreboding.
>
> Have we got any evidence of threats of violence against persons in this particular case?

Posting the chef's personal contact information publicly was terroristic
intimidation. There's an implied threat of violence in that act.

Rupert
2013-05-03 11:19:12 EST
On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:03:53 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
> On 5/3/2013 7:37 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims;
>

> >> especially intended to create an ongoing sense of fear and foreboding.
>

> > Have we got any evidence of threats of violence against persons in this particular case?
>

> Posting the chef's personal contact information publicly was terroristic
>
> intimidation. There's an implied threat of violence in that act.

What is the implied threat, precisely? What did they threaten to do?

George Plimpton
2013-05-03 11:58:51 EST
On 5/3/2013 8:19 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:03:53 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:

>>> Have we got any evidence of threats of violence against persons in this particular case?
>>

>> Posting the chef's personal contact information publicly was terroristic
>>
>> intimidation. There's an implied threat of violence in that act.
>
> What is the implied threat, precisely? What did they threaten to do?

The threat is nonspecific, but any time some anonymous political
opponent publicly posts information about someone, the message is that
the terrorists can strike at any time, and know where to find the victim.

Cut it out, rupee. You know all this. It's terrorism.

Rupert
2013-05-03 13:48:44 EST
On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:58:51 PM UTC+2, George Plimpton wrote:
> On 5/3/2013 8:19 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Posting the chef's personal contact information publicly was terroristic
>

> >> intimidation. There's an implied threat of violence in that act.
>

> > What is the implied threat, precisely? What did they threaten to do?
>

> The threat is nonspecific, but any time some anonymous political
>
> opponent publicly posts information about someone, the message is that
>
> the terrorists can strike at any time, and know where to find the victim.
>

> Cut it out, rupee. You know all this. It's terrorism.

Is there any evidence that the chef was actually at risk of violence?