Vegetarian Discussion: Liquid Nitrogen Source?

Liquid Nitrogen Source?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

The Undead Edward M. Kennedy
2012-10-09 15:19:11 EST
On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
of them. I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
liquid nitrogen.

I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall. Where do
you get this stuff? Any recipes?

--Tedward

Eric Ramon
2012-10-09 15:20:39 EST
On Oct 9, 12:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> --Tedward

NASA has some. Maybe you could see if they're selling.

Mr.Smartypants
2012-10-09 15:20:43 EST
On Oct 9, 1:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> --Tedward

ask the bartender.

2012-10-09 15:36:14 EST
On Oct 9, 3:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> you get this stuff?  Any recipes?

You're gonna need a new stomach.

CheeseHusker Dos
2012-10-09 15:39:12 EST
On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> --Tedward

AirGas, Praxair, Air Products, etc

CheeseHusker Dos
2012-10-09 15:40:13 EST
On Oct 9, 2:39 pm, CheeseHusker dos <jonrus...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
>
> > On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> > to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> > of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> > liquid nitrogen.
>
> > I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> > Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> > you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> > --Tedward
>
> AirGas, Praxair, Air Products, etc

btw - liquid nitrogen is quite often used in molecular gastronomy -
think Alinea, for example.

Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger
2012-10-09 16:42:55 EST
On Oct 9, 2:40 pm, CheeseHusker dos <jonrus...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2:39 pm, CheeseHusker dos <jonrus...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
>
> > > On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> > > to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> > > of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> > > liquid nitrogen.
>
> > > I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> > > Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> > > you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> > > --Tedward
>
> > AirGas, Praxair, Air Products, etc
>
> btw - liquid nitrogen is quite often used in molecular gastronomy -
> think Alinea, for example.

Yeah, Mianderson can hook ya up. Nonsequential 20s, etc.

Jim Brown
2012-10-09 17:24:16 EST
On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them.  I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall.  Where do
> you get this stuff?  Any recipes?
>
> --Tedward

Your local ag coop...its called Anhydrous Ammonia....I can't see where
it'd be very palateable though....besides growing corn with it its
used to make meth much faster than without....the numbers I heard,
without NH3 = 12 hours for a batch...with NH3 = 15 minutes for a
batch.

Now where was I? ...

Graham
2012-10-09 17:42:46 EST

"Jim Brown" <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
> of them. I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
> liquid nitrogen.
>
> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall. Where do
> you get this stuff? Any recipes?
>
> --Tedward

Your local ag coop...its called Anhydrous Ammonia....I can't see where
it'd be very palateable though....besides growing corn with it its
used to make meth much faster than without....the numbers I heard,
without NH3 = 12 hours for a batch...with NH3 = 15 minutes for a
batch.

Now where was I? ...
---------------------------------
Still learning chemistry!

James Silverton
2012-10-09 17:47:05 EST
On 10/9/2012 5:24 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2:19 pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" <e...@o.com> wrote:
>> On a more seriuos not, when I went to NYC last week I went
>> to this really cool bar with drinks that had this fog pouring out
>> of them. I asked the bartender about it and he said it was
>> liquid nitrogen.
>>
>> I went to Lowes and Home Depot but neither of them had it.
>> Neither did the kitchen accessory store at the mall. Where do
>> you get this stuff? Any recipes?
>>
>> --Tedward
>

> Your local ag coop...its called Anhydrous Ammonia....I can't see where
> it'd be very palateable though....besides growing corn with it its
> used to make meth much faster than without....the numbers I heard,
> without NH3 = 12 hours for a batch...with NH3 = 15 minutes for a
> batch.
>

> Now where was I? ...

Ammonia is NH3 and nitrogen N2.

--