Vegetarian Discussion: Dietary Ethics

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

D*@nbc.nýt?
2012-07-01 21:31:49 EST
There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.

D*@nbc.nýt?
2012-07-02 11:36:27 EST
On 7/1/2012 6:31 PM, Delvin Benet wrote:
> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.

Nor is there anything inherently unethical about raising animals in
order to eat them.

Rupert
2012-07-02 15:50:12 EST
On Jul 2, 9:31 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.

Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals. It
is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
enjoy the taste of their flesh.

D*@nbc.nýt?
2012-07-02 18:06:06 EST
On 7/2/2012 12:50 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Jul 2, 9:31 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>
> Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals. It
> is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
> enjoy the taste of their flesh.

There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.

Rupert
2012-07-02 23:30:28 EST
On Jul 3, 6:06 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
> On 7/2/2012 12:50 PM, Rupert wrote:
>
> > On Jul 2, 9:31 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
> >> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>
> > Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals. It
> > is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
> > enjoy the taste of their flesh.
>
> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.

It is unclear whether you disagree with my statement.

D*@nbc.nýt?
2012-07-02 23:53:05 EST
On 7/2/2012 8:30 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On Jul 3, 6:06 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:

>>> Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals. It
>>> is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
>>> enjoy the taste of their flesh.
>>
>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>
> It is unclear whether you disagree with my statement.

Your statement has no bearing on my point.

Dutch
2012-07-03 02:44:09 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Jul 3, 6:06 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:

>>> Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals. It
>>> is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
>>> enjoy the taste of their flesh.
>>
>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>
> It is unclear whether you disagree with my statement.

It is unclear whether you disagree with his.

D*@.
2012-07-03 12:42:05 EST
On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:50:12 -0700 (PDT), Rupert <rupertmccallum@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Jul 2, 9:31 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>
>Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals.

What sort of suffering do you think it inflicts to the point that you feel
the animals' lives are not worth living to the animals? Explain in detail which
livestock lives you feel are not worth living for the animals and why. Don't
just say "suffering" but explain what the suffering is from.

>It
>is not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
>enjoy the taste of their flesh.

As yet you have no argument whatsoever. On top of having no argument until
you produce examples of the types of suffering you're referring to, you also
have yet to appreciate when life is good for any animals other than grass raised
beef, and you can't decide whether you should be opposed to it or not. Also
grass raised dairy certainly seems like it should provide lives of positive
value not only for the cattle themselves, but also all the wildlife that
benefits from the environment. I believe it's safe to say that wildlife benefit
more from grass raised cattle farming than they do from soybean farming and rice
farming.

D*@.
2012-07-03 12:42:22 EST
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 23:44:09 -0700, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:

>Rupert wrote:

>>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>>
>> It is unclear whether you disagree with my statement.
>>

>It is unclear whether you disagree with his.

Rupert doesn't know what to think. He wants to be an eliminationist and an
AW supporter both at the same time, but since it doesn't work that way he can't
figure out what he thinks he thinks. He doesn't want to "give up" either
completely different position. As do you, he also still takes refuge in the
misnomer and is afraid to give it up.

George Plimpton
2012-07-03 12:51:50 EST
Fuckwit David Harrison, convicted felon aka Bumbledork the Clown,
attempted to bullshit:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:50:12 -0700 (PDT), Rupert <rupertmccallum@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 2, 9:31 am, Delvin Benet <D...@nbc.nýt> wrote:
>>> There is nothing inherently unethical about eating meat.
>>
>> Modern meat production inflicts considerable suffering on animals.
>
> What sort of suffering do you think it inflicts to the point that you feel
> the animals' lives are not worth living to the animals?

The animals lives have no moral meaning. If the animals never exist and
therefore never "get to experience life", that has no meaning.

>> Itis not justifiable to inflict so much suffering just so that we can
>> enjoy the taste of their flesh.
>
> As yet you have no argument whatsoever.

He has no less argument than you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)