Vegetarian Discussion: Time Is A Dimension. We Don't "detect" It - We Measure It.

Time Is A Dimension. We Don't "detect" It - We Measure It.

Max Boot
2012-06-20 12:26:28 EST
Time exists as a dimension.

Mike Lovell
2012-06-20 12:29:12 EST
On 2012-06-20, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
> Time exists as a dimension.

I'd give it up, the guy is an idiot with not even a high-school
understanding of physics.

It's like trying to teach a donkey to play chess.

The ship has sailed, he's too old and too close-minded to learn anything
now, let him continue dribbling quietly in a corner.

--
Jews, Christians & Muslims
The content of your posts will show how much you

George Plimpton
2012-06-20 15:09:12 EST
On 6/20/2012 9:29 AM, Mike Lovell wrote:
> On 2012-06-20, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
>> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> I'd give it up, the guy is an idiot with not even a high-school
> understanding of physics.

Exactly. However, I enjoy whacking on him. That may not speak well of
me, but I don't think it speaks all that badly, either.

> It's like trying to teach a donkey to play chess.

Ha ha ha ha! I'm reminded of a bumper sticker a friend gave me 30 years
ago that I still have held onto the refrigerator with a magnet:

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time, and annoys
the pig

Except I'm actually *hoping* to annoy the pig!

> The ship has sailed, he's too old and too close-minded to learn anything
> now, let him continue dribbling quietly in a corner.

Fuckwit David Harrison is over 50 years old. He lives in or near
Buford, GA (that name alone speaks volumes.) It's a shitty town
north-east of Atlanta, close to Lake Lanier. Fuckwit has virtually no
education. I imagine he might have graduated high school, some time
back in the 1970s, but I'm not even certain of that, and a high school
education in a place like that back in the 1970s clearly wasn't much of
an education at all. He is not a college graduate, although he has
claimed in the past to have sat in some college classes.

In the 13 years I've been kicking his ass, he has made two references to
any sort of occupation. He said he was a roadie for some bands, and he
also said he did some unspecified work in a bar. It is brutally obvious
we are not talking about an educated, skilled knowledge worker when
discussing Fuckwit David Harrison. Based on all the other bizarre,
irrational crap Fuckwit writes, we're not talking about someone who has
engaged in serious and fruitful self education, either. He's a crank -
a redneck, a cracker, a crank and a crackpot.

I am quite certain this obituary is for Fuckwit's father-in-law:
http://www.accessnorthga.com/access/obituaries.php?m=detail&id=28195.
Earlier, when Google still found personal data for people much more
easily than it does now, I confirmed that Fuckwit had the phone number
678.714.5764; he once gave it out in a post in Usenet
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.boats/msg/f70fb4f5f50ebb0f), and
Google showed it belonging to David Harrison at Holiday Marina on Lake
Lanier. Actually, Google and some now-defunct white pages web sites
initially showed it belonging to Willie Denson, who seems to have been a
songwriter of a little fame; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Denson

Mr.Smartypants
2012-06-21 01:29:31 EST
On Jun 20, 1:09 pm, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> On 6/20/2012 9:29 AM, Mike Lovell wrote:
>
> > On 2012-06-20, Max Boot <max.b...@lathymes.com> wrote:
> >> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> > I'd give it up, the guy is an idiot with not even a high-school
> > understanding of physics.
>
> Exactly.  However, I enjoy whacking on him.  That may not speak well of
> me, but I don't think it speaks all that badly, either.
>
> > It's like trying to teach a donkey to play chess.
>
> Ha ha ha ha!  I'm reminded of a bumper sticker a friend gave me 30 years
> ago that I still have held onto the refrigerator with a magnet:
>
>     Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time, and annoys
> the pig

It was referencing YOU, Gooberdoodle. That's why he gave it to you.

D*@.
2012-06-21 17:39:22 EST
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:26:28 -0700, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:

>Time exists as a dimension.

You're referring to duration. Duration is the dimension you are referring to
like depth, length and height. Time as a force or anything physical does not
exist. Do you think it's possible to "travel back in" time?

D*@.
2012-06-21 17:40:48 EST
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:09:12 -0700, Goo amusingly wrote:

>In the 13 years I've been kicking his ass

LOL!!! Kick it now Goober. Here are some challenges for you to try kicking
it with, unless of course the challenges kick YOUR ass instead:

Explain how you want people to think that refusing to consider the lives of
livestock animals when they appear to be of positive value to the animals, is
somehow superior to taking them into consideration along with everything else.

Explain how you think anything to do with pre-existence supposedly prevents
beings from benefitting from their own existence.

Provide reason to believe that some cattle are raised for no other purpose than
to become pet food.

Explain how you want people to think that you're somehow superior for lying that
you have a PhD, lying that you have been a Marine, and lying that I'm in favor
of dog fighting when I've pointed out countless times that I'm opposed to it. In
fact Goober, explain how you want people to think it makes you superior for
telling ANY of the lies you tell.

GO!:

(prediction: the Goober can not answer the above challenges because he is too
inept)

Dutch
2012-06-22 00:35:46 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:26:28 -0700, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
>
>> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> You're referring to duration.

That's just a different grammatical form expressing the same idea. If
one exists they both exist.

What duration (of time) has elapsed since you shit your pants this morning?

What period of time has elapsed since..? etc..

> Duration is the dimension you are referring to
> like depth, length and height. Time as a force or anything physical does not
> exist. Do you think it's possible to "travel back in" time?

That question is meaningless.

Max Boot
2012-06-22 14:15:00 EST
On 6/21/2012 2:39 PM, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:26:28 -0700, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
>
>> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> You're referring to duration.

No.

> Duration is the dimension you are referring to
> like depth, length and height. Time as a force or anything physical does not
> exist.

No one said time exists as a force or anything physical. You're
imagining things.

George Plimpton
2012-06-22 14:15:25 EST
On 6/20/2012 9:29 AM, Mike Lovell wrote:
> On 2012-06-20, Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com> wrote:
>> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> I'd give it up, the guy is an idiot with not even a high-school
> understanding of physics.

Exactly. However, I enjoy whacking on him. That may not speak well of
me, but I don't think it speaks all that badly, either.

> It's like trying to teach a donkey to play chess.

Ha ha ha ha! I'm reminded of a bumper sticker a friend gave me 30 years
ago that I still have held onto the refrigerator with a magnet:

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time, and annoys
the pig

Except I'm actually *hoping* to annoy the pig!

> The ship has sailed, he's too old and too close-minded to learn anything
> now, let him continue dribbling quietly in a corner.

Fuckwit David Harrison is over 50 years old. He lives in or near
Buford, GA (that name alone speaks volumes.) It's a shitty town
north-east of Atlanta, close to Lake Lanier. Fuckwit has virtually no
education. I imagine he might have graduated high school, some time
back in the 1970s, but I'm not even certain of that, and a high school
education in a place like that back in the 1970s clearly wasn't much of
an education at all. He is not a college graduate, although he has
claimed in the past to have sat in some college classes.

In the 13 years I've been kicking his ass, he has made two references to
any sort of occupation. He said he was a roadie for some bands, and he
also said he did some unspecified work in a bar. It is brutally obvious
we are not talking about an educated, skilled knowledge worker when
discussing Fuckwit David Harrison. Based on all the other bizarre,
irrational crap Fuckwit writes, we're not talking about someone who has
engaged in serious and fruitful self education, either. He's a crank -
a redneck, a cracker, a crank and a crackpot.

I am quite certain this obituary is for Fuckwit's father-in-law:
http://www.accessnorthga.com/access/obituaries.php?m=detail&id=28195.
Earlier, when Google still found personal data for people much more
easily than it does now, I confirmed that Fuckwit had the phone number
678.714.5764; he once gave it out in a post in Usenet
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.boats/msg/f70fb4f5f50ebb0f), and
Google showed it belonging to David Harrison at Holiday Marina on Lake
Lanier. Actually, Google and some now-defunct white pages web sites
initially showed it belonging to Willie Denson, who seems to have been a
songwriter of a little fame; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Denson

Rupert
2012-06-22 14:16:34 EST
On 22 Jun., 20:15, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> On 6/20/2012 9:29 AM, Mike Lovell wrote:
>
> > On 2012-06-20, Max Boot <max.b...@lathymes.com> wrote:
> >> Time exists as a dimension.
>
> > I'd give it up, the guy is an idiot with not even a high-school
> > understanding of physics.
>
> Exactly.  However, I enjoy whacking on him.  That may not speak well of
> me, but I don't think it speaks all that badly, either.

It speaks volumes about you, and it is certainly nothing to be proud
of.