Vegetarian Discussion: WHY VEGANISM?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2011-11-22 17:00:28 EST
Denton Vegan Cooperative

Why Veganism?

For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace.

- Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
(Nobel 1952)

A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.

- Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (1828-1910)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

- Margaret Mead, American cultural anthropologist (1901-1978)

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for
survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian
diet.

- Albert Einstein

For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.
Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and
love.

- Pythagoras, mathematician

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of
animals as they now look on the murder of men.

- Leonardo da Vinci, artist and scientist

Sentient Beings Rights and Happiness:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/animals/a-right-to-life-and-freedom.aspx

The Bettering of Our Tarnished Environment and the for the Hungry
People of Our World:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/environment.aspx

Food Security:

http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/food-security/International-Development.aspx

Food for Your Heart and Your Health:

http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/19/57-health-benefits-of-going-vegan/

Source -
http://www.dentonvegancoop.com/why-veganism.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2011-11-23 14:35:11 EST
[...]

Dutch
2011-11-23 14:49:49 EST

<*h@.> wrote in message news:5lmqc79uj9pa4bb60kpd7l1geb9a6u43ho@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:00:28 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or
> www.mantra.com/jai
> (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>
>>Denton Vegan Cooperative
>>
>>Why Veganism?
>>
>>For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
>>
>>Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
>>man will not himself find peace.
>>
>>- Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
>>(Nobel 1952)
>
> · Vegans contribute

Lazy boilerplate pasting fuck.

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2011-11-23 15:21:41 EST
soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:35:11 GMT

[...]

2011-11-23 15:23:41 EST
[...]

2011-11-23 15:42:19 EST
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Denton Vegan Cooperative
>
>Why Veganism?
>
>For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
>
>Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
>man will not himself find peace.
>
>- Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
>(Nobel 1952)

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

tires, paper, upholstery, floor waxes, glass, water
filters, rubber, fertilizer, antifreeze, ceramics, insecticides,
insulation, linoleum, plastic, textiles, blood factors, collagen,
heparin, insulin, solvents, biodegradable detergents, herbicides,
gelatin capsules, adhesive tape, laminated wood products,
plywood, paneling, wallpaper and wallpaper paste, cellophane
wrap and tape, abrasives, steel ball bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

Max Boot
2011-11-23 15:44:59 EST
not a doctor, not a Hindoo, not Indian Jyotishithead Jay Stevens blabbered:

> Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can
> change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
>
> - Margaret Mead, American cultural anthropologist (1901-1978)

Ha ha ha ha ha! I always love it when people try to appeal to the
authority of Margaret Mead. In the early 1970s, some long-haired dirty
Birkenstock-wearing counterculture fruitcake once asked her in an
interview what she thought of "macrobiotic" diets; clearly the smelly
hippy was anticipating a glowing endorsement. Imagine his chagrin when
she replied, "When you eat macrobiotic food, you aren't eating food -
you're eating an ideology. I prefer to eat food."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! If she were alive, she would say something
similar to the jyotishithead, Jay Stevens; probably say something
similar to that crazed crack-smoking lunatic Larry Forti, too.

Lucid Lunatic
2011-11-23 22:39:20 EST
On 23/11/2011 1:44 PM, Max Boot wrote:
> not a doctor, not a Hindoo, not Indian Jyotishithead Jay Stevens blabbered:
>
>> Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can
>> change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
>>
>> - Margaret Mead, American cultural anthropologist (1901-1978)
>
> Ha ha ha ha ha! I always love it when people try to appeal to the
> authority of Margaret Mead. In the early 1970s, some long-haired dirty
> Birkenstock-wearing counterculture fruitcake once asked her in an
> interview what she thought of "macrobiotic" diets; clearly the smelly
> hippy was anticipating a glowing endorsement. Imagine his chagrin when
> she replied, "When you eat macrobiotic food, you aren't eating food -
> you're eating an ideology. I prefer to eat food."

It sounds just like her.

> HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! If she were alive, she would say something
> similar to the jyotishithead, Jay Stevens; probably say something
> similar to that crazed crack-smoking lunatic Larry Forti, too.

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2011-11-24 15:02:11 EST
[...]

2011-11-24 17:18:41 EST

<*h@.> wrote
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:49:49 -0800, "Dutch" <no@email.com> wrote: