Vegetarian Discussion: Are Some Livestock Raised Only For Pet Food?

Are Some Livestock Raised Only For Pet Food?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

George Plimpton
2011-04-11 17:20:22 EST
[Fuckwit's newsgroup spamming fixed]

On 4/11/2011 4:29 PM, dh@. wrote:
>[cracker bullshit]

Yes. The information I posted from the USDA proves it. In every case,
the demand for pet food causes more livestock animals to be bred and
exist than would otherwise be the case.

Fly-By
2011-04-11 18:56:12 EST
dh@. wrote:
> Not likely:
> . . .
> The primary ingredients in pet food are byproducts of meat, poultry, and
> seafood, feed grains, and soybean meal. Among the animals used in rendering are
> livestock, horses, and house pets which have been put to sleep. The National
> Animal Control Association estimated that each year about 5 million pets were
> shipped to rendering plants and recycled into pet food during the 1990s. They
> are generally listed as meat or bone meal in the ingredient lists.
> . . .
> http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/pet-food
> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
If the gov. won't let you put it in a hot dog....
Wonder if we'll be seeing "mad cat disease"?

--
"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

D*@.
2011-04-11 19:29:53 EST
Not likely:
. . .
The primary ingredients in pet food are byproducts of meat, poultry, and
seafood, feed grains, and soybean meal. Among the animals used in rendering are
livestock, horses, and house pets which have been put to sleep. The National
Animal Control Association estimated that each year about 5 million pets were
shipped to rendering plants and recycled into pet food during the 1990s. They
are generally listed as meat or bone meal in the ingredient lists.
. . .
http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/pet-food

D*@.
2011-04-12 19:40:01 EST
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:20:22 -0700, Goo wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:29:53 -0700, dh@. wrote:
>
>> Not likely:
>>_________________________________________________________
>>. . .
>>The primary ingredients in pet food are byproducts of meat, poultry, and
>>seafood, feed grains, and soybean meal. Among the animals used in rendering are
>>livestock, horses, and house pets which have been put to sleep. The National
>>Animal Control Association estimated that each year about 5 million pets were
>>shipped to rendering plants and recycled into pet food during the 1990s. They
>>are generally listed as meat or bone meal in the ingredient lists.
>>. . .
>>http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/pet-food
>>¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>
>Yes. The information I posted from the USDA proves it.

AFAWK you've posted nothing to even suggests it Goo, but if you want us to
think you're aware of something that does then you need to present it.

>In every case,
>the demand for pet food causes more livestock animals to be bred and
>exist than would otherwise be the case.

Apparently people already get enough food for pets from by-products that
they don't have to raise more animals just to become by-product value food Goo,
which would explain why you've been unable to find evidence of livestock raised
only to become pet food.

D*@.
2011-04-12 19:40:32 EST
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:56:12 -0400, Fly-By <Controll@trolls-r-us.info> wrote:

>*h@. wrote:
>> Not likely:
>> . . .
>> The primary ingredients in pet food are byproducts of meat, poultry, and
>> seafood, feed grains, and soybean meal. Among the animals used in rendering are
>> livestock, horses, and house pets which have been put to sleep. The National
>> Animal Control Association estimated that each year about 5 million pets were
>> shipped to rendering plants and recycled into pet food during the 1990s. They
>> are generally listed as meat or bone meal in the ingredient lists.
>> . . .
>> http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/pet-food
>> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>If the gov. won't let you put it in a hot dog....

....Then feed it to the dogs (and cats :-).

>Wonder if we'll be seeing "mad cat disease"?

LOL. Probably not that, but there may be unforeseen problems of some types
down the road. Cats and dogs do seem like they'd have digestive systems that are
better able to deal with different kinds of flesh and bone than cattle have
though, and no doubt it has been researched and tested.

George Plimpton
2011-04-12 23:59:38 EST
On 4/12/2011 4:40 PM, dh@. wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:20:22 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:

>> Yes. The information I posted from the USDA proves it.
>
> AFAWK you've posted nothing to

I have posted material from the USDA that proves more livestock animals
are produced due to the demand for pet food.

>> In every case,
>> the demand for pet food causes more livestock animals to be bred and
>> exist than would otherwise be the case.
>
> Apparently people already get enough food for pets from by-products that

More livestock animals are produced due to the demand for pet food.

George Plimpton
2011-04-13 00:00:36 EST
On 4/12/2011 4:40 PM, dh@. wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:56:12 -0400, Fly-By<Controll@trolls-r-us.info> wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:
>>> Not likely:

Yet they are.

Mr.Smartypants
2011-04-13 13:42:40 EST
On Apr 12, 10:00 pm, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> On 4/12/2011 4:40 PM, dh@. wrote:

> Yet they are.

What happens to the choice cuts, Goo?

Diogenes
2011-04-13 13:58:24 EST
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:42:40 -0700 (PDT), "Mr.Smartypants"
<bunghole-jonnie@lycos.com> wrote:

>On Apr 12, 10:00 pm, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:

>> Yet they are.
>

>What happens to the choice cuts, Goo?

More likely the carcasses which do not pass federal inspection for
human consumption (required for all meat which moves in interstate
commerce) are relegated to pet food. Federal law allows that animals
which arrive at a slaughterhouse in '4D' condition (Dead, Dying,
Disabled or Diseased) can be processed into pet food.

Incidentally, the USDA does not require inspection of pet food
ingredients.
----
Diogenes

The wars are long, the peace is frail
The madmen come again . . . .

George Plimpton
2011-04-13 15:14:01 EST
On 4/13/2011 10:42 AM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On Apr 12, 10:00 pm, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not> wrote:

>> Yet they are.
>

> [snarky worthless juvenile shitbaggery snipped]

In 16 years of fucking around in Usenet, you have never made a
substantial comment.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)