Vegetarian Discussion: Livestock Are Raised For Multiple Purposes

Livestock Are Raised For Multiple Purposes

George Plimpton
2011-03-05 02:01:53 EST
Including use as pet food. Yep - pet food processors buy whole animal
carcasses to turn into pet food.

Mr.Smartypants

From: GooMessage-ID: <cJ9Kf.
1332$5M6....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>

Ron asked: >So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred
into existance and fed and watered for 12 years only to be sold at
the
lowest price in the beef industry......and all that done with the
singular purpose of supplying the pet food industry?

Goo: Yes.

George Plimpton
2011-03-05 02:32:07 EST
On 3/4/2011 11:18 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On Mar 5, 12:01 am, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not> wrote:
>> Including use as pet food. Yep - pet food processors buy whole animal
>> carcasses to turn into pet food.

> Ron asked:>So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred
> into existance and fed and watered for 12 years

Your fabrication.

Settled.

Mr.Smartypants
2011-03-05 03:36:30 EST
On Mar 5, 12:32 am, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> On 3/4/2011 11:18 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>
> > On Mar 5, 12:01 am, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not>  wrote:
> >> Including use as pet food.  Yep - pet food processors buy whole animal
> >> carcasses to turn into pet food.
>
> > Ron asked:>So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred
> > into existance and fed and watered for 12 years
>
> Your fabrication.
>
> Settled.

Read this part, Goo; "So you are telling us....."

Then read this part; " Yes."

It's all YOU, Goo.

George Plimpton
2011-03-05 08:47:17 EST
On 3/5/2011 12:36 AM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On Mar 5, 12:32 am, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not> wrote:

>>> Ron asked:>So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred
>>> into existance and fed and watered for 12 years
>>
>> Your fabrication.
>>
>> Settled.
>
> Read this part,; "So you are telling us....."

But I wasn't. YOU said that cattle are raised for 12 years; *I* said
that some whole cattle carcasses are used for pet food, which they are.

Settled: this bullshit about 12 year old cows is your fabrication.

Rupert
2011-03-05 09:04:15 EST
On Mar 6, 12:47 am, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
> On 3/5/2011 12:36 AM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:

> >> Your fabrication.
>
> >> Settled.
>
> > Read this part,; "So you are telling us....."
>
> But I wasn't.  YOU said that cattle are raised for 12 years; *I* said
> that some whole cattle carcasses are used for pet food, which they are.
>
> Settled:  this bullshit about 12 year old cows is your fabrication.

Why do you supposed the matter is settled by your endlessly making an
assertion?

Derek
2011-03-05 10:36:47 EST
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:04:15 -0800 (PST), Rupert <rupertmccallum@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 6, 12:47 am, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:

>> > Read this part,; "So you are telling us....."
>>
>> But I wasn't.  YOU said that cattle are raised for 12 years; *I* said
>> that some whole cattle carcasses are used for pet food, which they are.
>>
>> Settled:  this bullshit about 12 year old cows is your fabrication.
>
>Why do you supposed the matter is settled by your endlessly making an
>assertion?

Like I wrote in another thread to this on this argument,

It doesn't take much imagination to see there's a big
profit to be made by keeping old cows on instead of
replacing them, and then selling them on to make pet
food. I doubt the farmers farming such old cows
would be able to sell them off as top-grade beef, so
selling them to be used for pet food is probably the
farmer's intention.

“When I put the pencil to it, I found the extra cost of
feeding those older cows was much less than
bringing in a replacement,” he reports. “I averaged
at least two more productive years from each cow
from this program.”

“We keep our older cows on better pastures in
summer, and in the winter we feed them the same
as we do our first-calf heifers,” Anderson says.
“We’ve got cows that are 14 years old and older
that are still producing a calf every year.”
http://feedsandfeeding.com/Oldcowsproductive.pdf

If our friend said or implied, as Runny claims, that
cattle are raised, fed and watered for 12 years, for
pet food, they probably are.

Derek
2011-03-05 10:39:59 EST
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 23:18:28 -0800 (PST), "Mr.Smartypants"
<bunghole-jonnie@lycos.com> wrote:

>On Mar 5, 12:01 am, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
>> Including use as pet food.  Yep - pet food processors buy whole animal
>> carcasses to turn into pet food.
>
>From: GooMessage-ID: <cJ9Kf.
>1332$5M6....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>
>

>Ron asked: >So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred
>into existance and fed and watered for 12 years only to be sold at
>the
>lowest price in the beef industry......and all that done with the
>singular purpose of supplying the pet food industry?
>

>Goo: Yes.

It doesn't take much imagination to see there's a big
profit to be made by keeping old cows on instead of
replacing them, and then selling them on to make pet
food. I doubt the farmers farming such old cows
would be able to sell them off as top-grade beef, so
selling them to be used for pet food is probably the
farmer's intention.

“When I put the pencil to it, I found the extra cost of
feeding those older cows was much less than
bringing in a replacement,” he reports. “I averaged
at least two more productive years from each cow
from this program.”

“We keep our older cows on better pastures in
summer, and in the winter we feed them the same
as we do our first-calf heifers,” Anderson says.
“We’ve got cows that are 14 years old and older
that are still producing a calf every year.”
http://feedsandfeeding.com/Oldcowsproductive.pdf

Mr.Smartypants
2011-03-05 11:49:40 EST
On Mar 5, 8:36 am, Derek <usenet.em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:04:15 -0800 (PST), Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> But I wasn't. YOU said that cattle are raised for 12 years; *I* said
> >> that some whole cattle carcasses are used for pet food, which they are.
>
> >> Settled: this bullshit about 12 year old cows is your fabrication.
>
> >Why do you supposed the matter is settled by your endlessly making an
> >assertion?
>
> Like I wrote in another thread to this on this argument,
>
> It doesn't take much imagination to see there's a big
> profit to be made by keeping old cows on instead of
> replacing them, and then selling them on to make pet
> food. I doubt the farmers farming such old cows
> would be able to sell them off as top-grade beef, so
> selling them to be used for pet food is probably the
> farmer's intention.
>
>   When I put the pencil to it, I found the extra cost of
>    feeding those older cows was much less than
>    bringing in a replacement, he reports. I averaged
>    at least two more productive years from each cow
>    from this program.
>
>   We keep our older cows on better pastures in
>    summer, and in the winter we feed them the same
>    as we do our first-calf heifers, Anderson says.
>   We ve got cows that are 14 years old and older
>    that are still producing a calf every year.http://feedsandfeeding.com/Oldcowsproductive.pdf
>
> If our friend said or implied, as Runny claims, that
> cattle are raised, fed and watered for 12 years, for
> pet food, they probably are.-

You just wrote that the farmers are keeping BREEDER cattle that
produce calves. Goo stated that some cows are raised for 12 years FOR
NO OTHER PURPOSE than to be made into pet food.

Stop trying to save his lying ass.

George Plimpton
2011-03-05 13:01:15 EST
On Mar 5, 8:49 am, "Mr.Smartypants" <bunghole-jon...@lycos.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 8:36 am, Derek <usenet.em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:04:15 -0800 (PST), Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Why do you supposed the matter is settled by your endlessly making an
> > >assertion?
>
> > Like I wrote in another thread to this on this argument,
>
> > It doesn't take much imagination to see there's a big
> > profit to be made by keeping old cows on instead of
> > replacing them, and then selling them on to make pet
> > food. I doubt the farmers farming such old cows
> > would be able to sell them off as top-grade beef, so
> > selling them to be used for pet food is probably the
> > farmer's intention.
>
> >   When I put the pencil to it, I found the extra cost of
> >    feeding those older cows was much less than
> >    bringing in a replacement, he reports. I averaged
> >    at least two more productive years from each cow
> >    from this program.
>
> >   We keep our older cows on better pastures in
> >    summer, and in the winter we feed them the same
> >    as we do our first-calf heifers, Anderson says.
> >   We ve got cows that are 14 years old and older
> >    that are still producing a calf every year.http://feedsandfeeding.com/Oldcowsproductive.pdf
>
> > If our friend said or implied, as Runny claims, that
> > cattle are raised, fed and watered for 12 years, for
> > pet food, they probably are.-
>
> You just wrote that the farmers are keeping BREEDER cattle that
> produce calves. Prof. Plimpton stated that some cows are raised for 12 years FOR
> NO OTHER PURPOSE than to be made into pet food.

No, I didn't say that. I never talked about purpose. I said that
whole cattle are bought by pet food processors, and that is correct.
I never said that any rancher sets out to raise cattle for any
particular purpose.

Stop lying, shitbag.