Vegetarian Discussion: Vegans And Vegetarians, Please Note - Foods Made Of Beetles Now Must Say So

Vegans And Vegetarians, Please Note - Foods Made Of Beetles Now Must Say So

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2011-01-12 12:09:28 EST
Foods Made of Beetles Now Must Say So

By Christopher Wanjek
LiveScience's Bad Medicine Columnist
LiveScience
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will have you seeing red this
year, but this time it's a good thing.

Since Jan. 5, the FDA has required food manufactures to disclose
whether red cochineal beetles are among their products' ingredients.
These beetles are farmed, harvested, dried and crushed to produce a
red dye called carmine that, until this year, had been disguised in
the ingredient list as "artificial color," "color added" or the all-
encompassing "natural and artificial coloring."

Carmine provides pink, red and purple coloring to foods such as ice
cream, yogurt, candy, and fruit drinks (should you permit that last
one to be categorized as a food). Because of lax labeling laws, the
extent of carmine in foods and drinks is not known.

Not that eating insects is necessarily gross. People around the world
enjoy snacking, quite knowingly, on crickets, grasshoppers and ants,
among many other bug-like creatures. And, really, God knows what
crawfish are.

At issue is ambiguity in product labeling. "Natural and artificial
coloring" means precious little. Why not just say that the food
product contains "stuff" and call it a day? For example: Cheez Whiz?
It contains a cheese-like substance and stuff. [Read: FDA Working to
Replace Misleading Food Labels]

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/livescience/sc_livescience/storytext/foodsmadeofbeetlesnowmustsayso/39621300/SIG=11rbhkhub/*http://www.livescience.com/health/food-labels-100314.html

Clarity in color

The problem, of course, is that many of us would like to know more
about what stuff is in the stuff. Some people are highly allergic to
cochineal extract and its primary chemical ingredient, carminic acid.
The coloring has been tied to dozens of cases of anaphylactic shock
and near-death, according to the Center for Science in the Public
Interest (CSPI), which petitioned the FDA way back in 1998 to require
clearer labeling for cochineal-infused foods.

Vegetarians, kosher-conscious Jews and halal-conscious Muslims also
stood to benefit from knowing about the deliberate presence of an
insect in their food.

So the lightning-fast FDA swooped into action. Nearly 13 years after
CSPI's petition, the FDA now requires manufacturers selling foods
"that contain cochineal extract or carmine specifically declare the
presence of the color additive by its respective common or usual
name, 'cochineal extract' or 'carmine,' in the ingredient statement
of the food label." A similar rule applies to cosmetics, such as
lipsticks, also effective Jan. 5.

Safer chemicals?

Carmine also is known commercially as Red 4. Unfortunately, many
consumers confuse this with the far more common Red 40, as evidenced
in the latter's nickname: "beetle juice." Red 40, called Allura Red
AC in the food industry, is in really, really red foods and drinks
such as Hawaiian Punch, and it is not an animal product.

Yes, vegetarians can breathe a sigh of relief that Red 40 comes from
yummy, all-natural, organic petroleum, not beetles.

This brings us to the bigger question: Which is worse, natural or
artificial food dyes? You may want to simply avoid food and drinks
that glow in the dark.

More at:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110112/sc_livescience/foodsmadeofbeetlesnowmustsayso;_ylt=Am9D_mwqYpVEkGuRZXbeJpOs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFlbWM3dGxtBHBvcwMxMTIEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9zY2llbmNlBHNsawNmb29kc21hZGVvZmI-

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

H*@indero.com
2011-01-12 13:28:10 EST

This reminds me of a series of events in america.

Some s. asians who came to america continued use of veggie alone diets.
Some however began to suffer with vitamin b12 deficiencies.

Upon a closer look it was discovered that food standards in s. asia
allowed much higher levels of animal parts, and droppings, in such foods
as grain and other dried food items. Because beetles is the largest
group of animals in the world no doubt many were included in those
levels.

Vitamin b12 is the only vitamin that is found associated with animal
products or their droppings alone.

American standards for animal parts, and droppings, were so low as to
remove too much vitamin b12 from the diet of those coming from s. asia.
Synthetic vitamin b12 solved the problem.

Butt'sRushBoy
2011-01-12 16:12:31 EST
So now we have FOOD and BEETLES that speak?

Buster Norris
2011-01-13 00:24:18 EST
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:12:31 -0800 (PST), "Butt'sRushBoy"

Frauds are Exposed:

From: "Cheney'sDick" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "J. Fartlington Poopnagel" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Palin'sAbortion" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Perino'sHeinie" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Rush'sButtBoy" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Scalia'sButtBoy" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: David Weinstein <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: DrippingTwat <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: John Fartlington Snodnagel <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Nancing Prancer <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Obwon-Gandalf-Hope IV <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Peeter <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: PungentPussy <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Slappy <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: Sigmond Fraud <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: Youwang Wang <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
Host: c-76-100-8-74.hsd1.va.comcast.net
14011-14099 Central Loop
Dale City, VA 22193

From: "Cheney'sDick" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Palin'sAbortion" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Palin'sBaby" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Perino'sHeinie" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Rush'sButtBoy" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "Smilin' Ed" <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: AbortedBaby <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: Ackneigh Wombustre <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: CrabsForSale <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: DampPanties <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: David Weinstein <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: HONEYpot <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: James Fenimore <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: jismquiff <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: John Fartlington Poopnagel <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: John Fartlington Pysnagel <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: John Fartlington Snodnagel <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Kyle Schwitters <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: LILhornie <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: littlebopper <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: OvarianTumor <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: Perry Neheum <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Quiffie <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: Slappy <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: slightly horny <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: spicpussy <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Unviable Tissue Mass <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
Host: c-69-255-48-21.hsd1.va.comcast.net
15053 Blackburn Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22191

From: "Cheney, Dick" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Cheney'sDick" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: "God'sLittleAnus" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Palin'sAnusRimmer" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Perino'sHeinie" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: "Smilin' Ed" <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: Al Sharpton <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: BIGtits <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Birther-Stopper <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: DampPanties <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: HONEYpot <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Ivan Hubichkakov <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: James Fenimore <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: John Fahrtlington Poopnagle <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: John Fartlington Poopnagel <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: John Fartlington Poopnagel <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Kyle Schwitters <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: littlebopper <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: MadProstate <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: Nancing Prancer <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: nubilenips <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Old Grand Bag <jismquiff@yahoo.com>
From: OvarianTumor <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: perriegh <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Slappy <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: slightly horny <lilhornie@yahoo.com>
From: spicpussy <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Unviable Tissue Mass <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: unviable tissue mass <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Youwang Wang <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
Host: c-76-114-200-136.hsd1.va.comcast.net
15053 Blackburn Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22191

From: "Scalia'sButtBoy" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Richie Nearsen <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: suckTHESE <clitteigh@yahoo.com>
From: Fenimore Cooper <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: "Contorted&Aborted" <kinkysr@yahoo.com>
From: Richie Nearsen <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: "Scalia'sButtBoy" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Richie Nearsen <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: Obwon-Gandalf-Hope IV <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
From: Fenimore Cooper <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: Kyle Schwitters <slipuvalad@yahoo.com>
From: "Palin'sButtBoy" <perryneheum@hotmail.com>
Host: c-69-140-253-235.hsd1.va.comcast.net
Woodbridge, VA
15053 Blackburn Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22191

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallofshame.com/

D*@.
2011-01-20 12:51:04 EST
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:09:28 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or
www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Foods Made of Beetles Now Must Say So
>
>By Christopher Wanjek
>LiveScience's Bad Medicine Columnist
>LiveScience
>Wednesday, January 12, 2011
. . .
>Yes, vegetarians can breathe a sigh of relief that Red 40 comes from
>yummy, all-natural, organic petroleum, not beetles.
>
>This brings us to the bigger question: Which is worse, natural or
>artificial food dyes?

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

tires, paper, upholstery, floor waxes, glass, water
filters, rubber, fertilizer, antifreeze, ceramics, insecticides,
insulation, linoleum, plastic, textiles, blood factors, collagen,
heparin, insulin, solvents, biodegradable detergents, herbicides,
gelatin capsules, adhesive tape, laminated wood products,
plywood, paneling, wallpaper and wallpaper paste, cellophane
wrap and tape, abrasives, steel ball bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

T. Howard Pines, Jr.
2011-01-20 15:14:06 EST
On 1/20/2011 9:51 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:09:28 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or
> www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>
>> Foods Made of Beetles Now Must Say So
>>
>> By Christopher Wanjek
>> LiveScience's Bad Medicine Columnist
>> LiveScience
>> Wednesday, January 12, 2011
> . . .
>> Yes, vegetarians can breathe a sigh of relief that Red 40 comes from
>> yummy, all-natural, organic petroleum, not beetles.
>>
>> This brings us to the bigger question: Which is worse, natural or
>> artificial food dyes?
>
> · Vegans contribute to[blah blah blah]

"Getting to experience life" is not a benefit to farm animals.

Tim923
2011-02-09 10:27:56 EST
I kill cockroaches and waterbugs in my house. I also slap mosquitos biting
me.