Vegetarian Discussion: Proof Just How Nutty Some Animal Rights Activists Are

Proof Just How Nutty Some Animal Rights Activists Are

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Chom Noamksy
2010-10-26 19:24:18 EST
Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ‘Mumsy’, was
jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
‘intimidation, violence and terror’.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years

Roy
2010-10-26 20:33:04 EST
On Oct 26, 5:24 pm, Chom Noamksy <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote:
> Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ‘Mumsy’, was
> jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
> ‘intimidation, violence and terror’.
>
> http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-...

==
Insane bitch...how would you like to have her for a nurse? They should
have put her away for 20 years.
==

Butteye Jest
2010-10-27 01:41:06 EST
In article <y_SdnfkAzoav_lrRnZ2dnUVZ_hednZ2d@giganews.com>,
Chom Noamksy <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote:

> Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed \ufffdMumsy\ufffd, was
> jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
> \ufffdintimidation, violence and terror\ufffd.
>
> http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror
> -sees-her-jailed-for-six-years

You're a smart guy there Chom. Got any idea what would motivate someone
to get involved with the fight for animal rights?

--
Ole Butteye

Archie
2010-10-27 06:30:11 EST
On Oct 26, 8:24 pm, Chom Noamksy <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote:
> Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ‘Mumsy’, was
> jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
> ‘intimidation, violence and terror’.
>
> http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-...

Whenever you run across a principled person you must feel curious and
baffled.

Roy
2010-10-27 09:59:04 EST
On Oct 27, 4:30 am, Archie <akenn...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 8:24 pm, Chom Noamksy <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote:
>
> > Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ‘Mumsy’, was
> > jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
> > ‘intimidation, violence and terror’.
>
> >http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-...
>
> Whenever you run across a principled person you must feel curious and
> baffled.

==
Good thing that there was a "principled" judge around to put the
miserable wretch in prison. I have no patience with people who harm
others because they object to using animals for necessary research.
==

D*@.
2010-10-27 10:47:26 EST
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:24:18 -0700, Chom Noamksy
<*h@blahblah.blah> wrote:

>Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ‘Mumsy’, was
>jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
>‘intimidation, violence and terror’.
>
>http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years

. . .
Her group – protesting about an animal testing laboratory – also
spread false paedophilia smears against their victims and sent
them used tampons, claiming the blood was HIV-positive.

Their claims even led to entirely unconnected people being
attacked, such as the owners of a home which once belonged to one
of their targets.
. . .
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
There has to be something a bit "special" about people who
put their faith in the gross mi$nomer "animal rights", since for
one thing it wouldn't mean better lives, longer lives, rights, or
anything at all for domestic animals. Instead it would eliminate
them, so its followers are better known as misnomer advocates
(addicts, huggers...) or even more clearly as eliminationists.
Misnomer type terrorism is only carried out by misnomer
addicts afaik. For example I've never heard of animal welfare
terrorists, but only heard of it associated with eliminationists.
Their terrorist acts don't help anything, but instead they
cause MORE suffering in various ways like directly to their
victims, by causing huge increases in costs to both researchers
and consumers, by creating a need for experiments to be repeated
causing more suffering to humans and research animals, by causing
more suffering for both humans and other animals in the future
due to delays they cause in research today, etc. So it's not a
big surprise that people like that, taking the actions that they
do, attack unconnected people as well as their intended targets.
. . .
The youngest, Alfie Fitzpatrick, was just 17 when he was
recruited to the cause
. . .
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
They like to convert people while they are still young,
before they have a chance to think things all the way through. If
they can get people to believe in their cause while their minds
are still flexible, they know that a significant number of them
will grow comfortable with the choice and then cognitive
dissonance will shield them from being able to recognise negative
aspects of the misnomer when they're presented. That's why groups
like PeTA target small children...specifically to exploit their
naive position.
. . .
The group’s campaign led to damage and increased security costs
amounting to £12.6million.
. . .
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
Bad for humans. Bad for other animals. Good for nothing.
. . .
Judge Keith Cutler told the group: ‘You are not going to prison
for expressing your beliefs – you are going to prison because you
have committed a serious criminal offence.’

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror-sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
It seems they may have committed much much more than just 'a
serious criminal offence'.

D*@.
2010-10-27 10:49:31 EST
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:41:06 -0700, Butteye Jest
<*d@gotdaTshirt.com> wrote:

>In article <y_SdnfkAzoav_lrRnZ2dnUVZ_hednZ2d@giganews.com>,
> Chom Noamksy <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote:
>
>> Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed ŒMumsy¹, was
>> jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
>> Œintimidation, violence and terror¹.
>>
>> http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror
>> -sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
>

>You're a smart guy there Chom. Got any idea what would motivate someone
>to get involved with the fight for animal rights?

Which rights for which animals? Since they want the
*elimination* of all domestic animals we can safely conclude that
there would be no rights for them, since none would exist. The
term "animal rights" is a gross mi$nomer in regards to domestic
animals.

So what about wildlife? Would what misnomer advocates wish to
impose provide rights for all wild animals, even though not for
domestic animals?

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

tires, paper, upholstery, floor waxes, glass, water
filters, rubber, fertilizer, antifreeze, ceramics, insecticides,
insulation, linoleum, plastic, textiles, blood factors, collagen,
heparin, insulin, solvents, biodegradable detergents, herbicides,
gelatin capsules, adhesive tape, laminated wood products,
plywood, paneling, wallpaper and wallpaper paste, cellophane
wrap and tape, abrasives, steel ball bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

D*@.
2010-10-27 10:50:57 EST
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 03:30:11 -0700 (PDT), Archie
<*0@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Whenever you run across a principled person you must feel curious and
>baffled.

Not always as much with some as with others. These people are
principled too, and imo much more realistically:

http://www.amprogress.org/animal-research-benefits

Then in contrast there are these type people:
April 4, 2005 Burton, UK:
In letters to the media, a group calling itself the Animal Rights
Militia offered to return “one-sixth” of the remains of the 82
year old mother-in-law of a part-owner of Darley Oakes Farm,
which raises guinea pigs for biomedical research. The woman’s
body was stolen from her grave in October. . .

February 19, 2005 Chino Hills, CA:
Animal rights activists vandalized the home of the chief
veterinarian for the city of Los Angeles. They threw rocks
through windows, and left behind fliers with the veterinarian’s
photo, accusing her of animal cruelty. ALF is suspected in this
incident as well as prior threats against the veterinarian
and other employees of the LA City Animal Shelter.

January 12, 2005 Auburn, CA:
Five incendiary devices were found in an office building under
construction. Devices of the same type were discovered in an
upscale subdivision in near-by Lincoln on December 27. Official
stated the firebombs were capable of extensive damage. Graffiti
found on the Lincoln homes included “U will pay” and “Enjoy the
world as it is - as long as you can.” In a letter sent to the
Auburn Journal on January 18, ELF claimed responsibility, and
warned of more terrorist attempts to come - "We are setting a new
precedent, where there will be at least one or more actions every
few weeks," it read. The Joint Terrorism Task Force is
investigating.

September 5, 2004: East Peckham, England: Animal Rights activists
vowed to launch ten "terror attacks" a night across Britain. An
ALF spokesman at a "training camp" for AR activists to learn
"direct action" said "Ten attacks a night would be an absolute
minimum "Think of the number of butcher shops: at least a couple
of windows are already being broken every night and then you have
people spraying graffiti on cars to those targeting employees of
Huntingdon Life Sciences." There have been reports of at
least six serious incidents in the last ten days, including
attacks on cars and other property of people connection with
GlaxoSmithKline, HLS, and a farm raising guinea pigs for
research.

August 11, 2002:
Arson by the ELF caused $700,000 worth of damage at a Forest
Service lab in Irvine, PA, and destroyed 70 years of research
focused on maintaining a healthy forest ecosystem. An e-mail from
Elf's office said "While innocent life will never be harmed in
any action we undertake, where it is necessary, we will no longer
hesitate to pick up the gun to implement justice, and provide the
needed protection for our planet that decades of legal battles,
pleading protest, and economic sabotage have failed so
drastically to achieve." It further stated that all Forest
Service stations were targeted, and, if rebuilt, the Pennsylvania
station would be targeted for complete destruction.

September 21, 2001 UK:
Ashley Broadley Glynn Harding, the mail bomber
who sent 15 letter bombs to animal-related businesses and
individuals over a three-month period last winter, was sentenced
to indefinite detention in mental hospital. Additional court
ordered restrictions mean that Harding will not be released until
the Home Secretary is satisfied that he poses no risk to the
public. The bomber's mail terror campaign injured two adults and
one child, one woman lost her left eye, the child scarred for
life. At trial, evidence indicated that he had intended to mail
as many as 100 letter bombs.

August 16, 2001 UK:
One of the three men who assaulted Brian Cass, managing director
of Huntingdon Life Sciences, at his home, received a sentence of
three years in jail for his part in the attack. David Blenkinsop
and two others donned ski masks and ambushed Cass as he arrived
home, bludgeoning him with wooden staves and pickaxe handles. DNA
on the handles and Blenkinsop’s clothing helped convict him of
the offense.

June 12, 2001 MO:
A 30-year-old animal rights activist attacked a "Survivor" series
cast member at a workplace safety promotion, pepper
spraying him in the face and hitting several onlookers, including
children, aswell. Police arrested the attacker. Michael Skupin,
who lasted six weeks on"Survivor," attributed the attack to his
killing of a pig for food on the series.

May 31, 2001 Canada:
In a raid late this month, Toronto police arrested two men and
put out an appeal for apprehension of a third in connection
with animal cruelty charges stemming from the videotaped skinning
of live animals. The video showed a cat being tortured and killed
allegedly by a self-styled artist and vegan protesting animal
cruelty. Anthony Ryan Wenneker, 24, and Jessie Champlain Powers,
21 were arrested. The raid turned up a headless, skinned cat in
the refrigerator, along with other animal skeletons, including a
dog, some mice and rats, and the videos. Police are searching for
the third person seen in the videos.

May 23, 2001 UK:
Three men, ages 34, 31 and 34, were arrested for the
attack on Brian Cass, Director of Huntingdon Life Sciences. The
baseball bat brandishing attackers split Cass' scalp and bruised
him and sprayed a would-be rescuer with CS gas on February 22,
2001. One of the men was arrested at an animal sanctuary run by
TV script writer Carla Lane.

May 9, 2001 Israel:
Shraga Segal, an immunologist and former dean of the
Ben-Gurion University medical school, resigned his post as
chairman of the government body that supervises research
involving animals. Segal received a faxed death threat and
threats of violence against his family.

April 27, 2001 WA:
Governor Gary Locke signed into law this week a
measure that would make it a misdemeanor to knowingly interfere
with or recklessly injure a guide dog, or to allow one's dog to
obstruct or intimidate a guide dog. Repeat offenses could net up
to one year in jail and a $5,000 fine. The measure sailed through
the legislature in record time after reports of blind people
being harassed by animal rights fanatics, both verbally and
by looking for opportunities to separate the guide dogs from
their owners.

April 19, 2001 UK:
In the US District Court for the District of New Jersey,
the US subsidiary of Huntingdon Life Sciences joined in the
filing of an amended complaint against SHAC, Voices for Animals,
Animal Defense League, In Defense of Animals, and certain
individuals. The amended filing asserts claims under the Civil
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Statute (RICO) and
cited physical attacks on individual employees, death threats,
bomb threats, destruction of property, burglary, harassment and
intimidation; and also asserts claims for interference with
contractual relations and economic advantage. The original
plaintiffs in the action were the Stephens Group and its wholly
owned investment-banking subsidiary, Stephens, Inc.

February 23, 2001 UK:
In a major public escalation of animal rights terrorist violence,
the managing director of Huntingdon Life Sciences was attacked as
he arrived home by three masked goons wielding baseball bats or
ax handles. Brian Cass, 53, bludgeoned with head and body wounds
and bruises, including a 3-inch scalp gash, was saved from
further injury by his girl friend's screams and the aid of two
passersby. One of the Good Samaritans chased the attackers, but
was debilitated by CS gas from one of the attackers. Cass,
stitched up and back at work the next day, vowed to continue the
work of HLS, which includes government mandated tests seeking
cures for dementia, diabetes, AIDS, asthma and other diseases. In
reaction to the attack, Ronnie Lee, ALF founder who is no longer
with the group, condoned the attack and expressed surprise that
it didn't happen more often, declaring that Cass got off
"lightly." Other animal rights groups publicly backed off
condoning the act, but expressed "understanding" of how it could
occur. In calendar year 2000, 11 Huntingdon employees' cars were
firebombed.

February 21, 2001 UK:
Two men ages 26 and 36, and one 31 year-old woman were arrested
in connection with letter bombing attacks against at least eleven
agricultural businesses. Since December 10, 2000, three bombs
were intercepted, but 5 of 10 others exploded, causing serious
eye and facial injury to two adults, and leg wounds to a 6-year
old daughter of one of the intended victims. Authorities
considered all of the bombs potentially lethal. The businesses
included pet supply, pest control, farming, agricultural supply,
and a livestock auction agency.

February 13, 2001 Scotland:
A letter bomb was sent to an agricultural entity in the Borders.
Army experts were called out to defuse the bomb.

February 12, 2001 UK:
An agricultural firm in North Yorkshire received a letter bomb
which was defused without incident by army experts.

February 4, 2001 UK:
In an attack near Nantwich, Cheshire Beagles master George
Murray, his wife and five other hunt members were assaulted by
masked animal rights activists. At least five hunt members were
injured by the stick- and whip-wielding attackers. Murray was
beaten, kicked in the head and face and his wife was punched in
the face. They were threatened with death as retribution for the
death 10 years ago of hunt saboteur Michael Hill.

January 31, 2001 UK:
A letter bomb exploded in Cumbria in a charity shop owned by the
British Heart Foundation. The woman who opened the package was
not injured.

January 30, 2001 UK:
Two nail bombs, sent to an agricultural supplier in Sheffield and
a cancer research campaign shop in Lancashire, were detected and
defused by authorities before being opened by the recipients.
Both bomb attacks were linked to letter bomb mailings that
started in mid-December.

January 5, 2001 UK:
Livestock auction estate agents in East Yorkshire are attacked by
letter bomb. One female staff member sustained serious eye
injuries from the explosion.

January 5, 2001 UK:
A farmer in North Yorkshire was injured by nails from an
exploding letter bomb.

December 30, 2000 UK:
A mail bomb sent to a pest control company in Cheshire exploded,
injuring the owner's 6-year old daughter who was helping her
father with the mail. The girl was cut on her legs and feet by
shrapnel from the envelope. Authorities suspect animal rights
activists in the bombing.

October 23, 2000 UK:
Two hunt members received death threats and car bombs. Both were
on a publicized list of seven huntsmen considered to be
"legitimate targets" by the Hunt Retribution Squad." All seven
had received threatening letters on September 4, 2000. Amateur
whip David Pitfield's van was destroyed by one bomb in South
Nutfield, Surrey. The bomb under a woman hunt member's vehicle in
East Sussex, discovered five hours later, did not detonate and
was removed by army bomb experts. Both bombs were considered
lethal.

http://www.naiaonline.org/body/articles/archives/arterror.htm

Dutch
2010-10-27 15:50:57 EST
<*h@.> wrote
> ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
> There has to be something a bit "special" about people who
> put their faith in the gross mi$nomer "animal rights", since for
> one thing it wouldn't mean better lives, longer lives, rights, or
> anything at all for domestic animals. Instead it would eliminate
> them

That is not insightful, clever, interesting, important or relevant in any
way.

Anyone reading your posts goes "huh?", scratches his head, says, "Another
usenet fuckwit." and moves on to an intelligent comment.

Dutch
2010-10-27 15:52:52 EST
<*h@.> wrote in message news:1segc61904qj6a2enqbpo9sgf2ob304d89@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:41:06 -0700, Butteye Jest
> <bendardund@gotdaTshirt.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <y_SdnfkAzoav_lrRnZ2dnUVZ_hednZ2d@giganews.com>,
>> Chom Noamksy <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote:
>>
>>> Sarah Whitehead, a middle-aged hospital nurse nicknamed OMumsy¹, was
>>> jailed last night for spearheading an extreme animal rights campaign of
>>> Ointimidation, violence and terror¹.
>>>
>>> http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845133-nurse-mumsy-s-animal-rights-reign-of-terror
>>> -sees-her-jailed-for-six-years
>>

>>You're a smart guy there Chom. Got any idea what would motivate someone
>>to get involved with the fight for animal rights?
>
> Which rights for which animals? Since they want the
> *elimination* of all domestic animals we can safely conclude that
> there would be no rights for them, since none would exist.

You're an idiot. Nobody cares about your little Catch-22 "insight". It's
horseshit.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)