Vegetarian Discussion: 2 SNIFFER DOGS TO BE DEPLOYED AT BETLA TIGER RESERVE

2 SNIFFER DOGS TO BE DEPLOYED AT BETLA TIGER RESERVE

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-08-02 20:37:40 EST
2 sniffer dogs to be deployed at Betla Tiger Reserve

By Rakesh Ranjan
The Pioneer
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ranchi - The reliable friend of human being is now going to become a
reliable protector of big cats in Jharkhand as well. According to
information, the State Forest Department is slated to deploy two
trained sniffer dogs at Betla Tiger Reserve to curb poaching
incidents in the national park.

SK Sharma, Chief Forest Conservator, Wildlife and Biodiversity, told
to The Pioneer that the department was going to get two sniffer dogs
soon which are trained at Special Armed Force (SAF) 23nd Battalion's
Dog Training Academy, Bhopal. The official stated that the dogs have
gone through nine months of rigorous training at the academy.

This was an initiative of the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, in which
five dogs and their handlers were trained at the academy. The dogs
are likely to join forest departments of Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh
and Maharashtra. The trained dogs will find out skins, bones and
other parts of wildlife animals including tigers from the
inaccessible areas where poachers hide themselves, he said.

The training programme had begun from October 1 last year and
finished on last Thursday when five dogs passed out from the academy.
According to the officials of the State forest department, the dogs
are provided by an NGO named 'Traffic India'.

Moreover, the department has conducted a fresh census to assess the
number of big cats in Betla Tiger Reserve. "The census process has
been already completed but present number of the tigers will be out
in a month," Sharma said.

While as per the data available with the department the number of
tigers at the Betla reserve had come down to 17 in 2007 against 45 in
2005.

http://dailypioneer.com/273581/2-sniffer-dogs-to-be-deployed-at-Betla-Tiger-Reserve.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Robert Miles
2010-08-07 14:42:36 EST

"*t@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)" wrote in
message news:20100802VAX4BH9F1sUMdm53r6iF0xf@VXg2X...
> [...]
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
> Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
> included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
> information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

I've seen no sign of such net terrorists. However,
I have seen clear signs of some newsgroups server
administrators filtering out any posts crossposted
to more than 4 newsgroups, such as the 6 you
crossposted to before I split the list for this reply.

Robert Miles

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-08-07 20:46:26 EST
In article <ONh7o.9806$1F6.1075@newsfe01.iad>,
"Robert Miles" <milesrf@usenet-news.net> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
>> 2 sniffer dogs to be deployed at Betla Tiger Reserve

> [snip]

>> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
>> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
>> this post may be reposted several times.

> I've seen no sign of such net terrorists.

There is substantial evidence of such; it has
been posted before.

> However,
> I have seen clear signs of some newsgroups server
> administrators filtering out any posts crossposted
> to more than 4 newsgroups, such as the 6 you
> crossposted to before I split the list for this reply.
>
> Robert Miles

How many administrators that you know of employ such filtering?

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Robert Miles
2010-08-08 13:47:44 EST

"*t@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)" wrote in
message news:20100807HMN2AUn6QrtOtGULwAZsEDr@gEtWI...
> In article <ONh7o.9806$1F6.1075@newsfe01.iad>,
> "Robert Miles" <milesrf@usenet-news.net> posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>>> 2 sniffer dogs to be deployed at Betla Tiger Reserve
>
>> [snip]
>

>>> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
>>> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
>>> this post may be reposted several times.
>
>> I've seen no sign of such net terrorists.
>
> There is substantial evidence of such; it has
> been posted before.
>
>> However,
>> I have seen clear signs of some newsgroups server
>> administrators filtering out any posts crossposted
>> to more than 4 newsgroups, such as the 6 you
>> crossposted to before I split the list for this reply.
>>
>> Robert Miles
>
> How many administrators that you know of employ such filtering?
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

The usenet-news.net server does it on outgoing posts, but
not incoming posts. I'm less certain of any others.

Robert Miles

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-08-08 17:40:10 EST
In article <J4C7o.10153$1F6.8851@newsfe01.iad>,
"Robert Miles" <milesrf@usenet-news.net> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > In article <ONh7o.9806$1F6.1075@newsfe01.iad>,
> > "Robert Miles" <milesrf@usenet-news.net> posted:
> >
> >> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> >> [snip]

> >> I've seen no sign of such net terrorists.
> >
> > There is substantial evidence of such; it has
> > been posted before.
> >
> >> However,
> >> I have seen clear signs of some newsgroups server
> >> administrators filtering out any posts crossposted
> >> to more than 4 newsgroups, such as the 6 you
> >> crossposted to before I split the list for this reply.
> >>
> >> Robert Miles
> >
> > How many administrators that you know of employ such filtering?
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
>
> The usenet-news.net server does it on outgoing posts, but
> not incoming posts. I'm less certain of any others.
>
> Robert Miles

Thank you for the information. Some folks may not know that Google
provides reading and posting access to the newsgroups here:
http://groups.google.com/

For instance, the newsgroup alt.animals.rights.promotion is here:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.animals.rights.promotion

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

D*@.
2010-08-08 20:16:21 EST
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:42:36 -0500, "Robert Miles"
<*f@usenet-news.net> wrote:

>"usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)" wrote in
>message news:20100802VAX4BH9F1sUMdm53r6iF0xf@VXg2X...

>> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
>> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
>> this post may be reposted several times.
>
>I've seen no sign of such net terrorists.

The only terrorists I've ever heard of who are associated
with animal discussions are the ones who operate in favor of the
misnomer. Misnomer terrorists wouldn't remove a post like the one
he's referring to.