Vegetarian Discussion: Nursing Home Staff On Strike?

Nursing Home Staff On Strike?

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-07-09 14:47:37 EST
'oxtail'/'freefall' hasn't posted anything. I'm wondering if the
nursing home staff aren't available to prop him up at the computer? Or,
maybe he just can't get off the bedpan this morning.

Possum
2010-07-09 15:36:28 EST

"Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote in
message
> 'oxtail'/'freefall' hasn't posted anything. I'm wondering
> if the nursing home staff aren't available to prop him up
> at the computer? Or, maybe he just can't get off the
> bedpan this morning.
>
> --
> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have
> it...if you know what's good for you, you won't monkey
> around with Fred C. Dobbs

are you a vendetta addict?

possum

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-07-09 16:36:30 EST
On 7/9/2010 12:36 PM, possum wrote:
> "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote in
> message
>> 'oxtail'/'freefall' hasn't posted anything. I'm wondering
>> if the nursing home staff aren't available to prop him up
>> at the computer? Or, maybe he just can't get off the
>> bedpan this morning.
>
> are you a vendetta addict?

No...but I do enjoy kicking 'freefall' around.

Firehose
2010-07-09 16:53:37 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 12:36 PM, possum wrote:
>> "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote in message
>>> 'oxtail'/'freefall' hasn't posted anything. I'm wondering if the
>>> nursing home staff aren't available to prop him up at the computer?
>>> Or, maybe he just can't get off the bedpan this morning.
>>
>> are you a vendetta addict?
>
> No...but I do enjoy kicking 'freefall' around.

Still here?
It's so nice of you hanging in there.
We can continue our lesson about skillful means.

Is it ever acceptable as skillful means
to call people all kinds of names?

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.

Firehose
2010-07-09 17:19:14 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 1:53 PM, firehose wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> No...but I do enjoy kicking 'freefall' around.
>>
>> Still here?
>
> Did they wipe your ass after they got you off the bedpan?

Suddenly realize that
you don't have to hate yourself so much.

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.

Firehose
2010-07-09 17:42:39 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 1:53 PM, firehose wrote:
>
>> ...skillful means
>
> Something you lack entirely...

How about you?
Would you like to learn skillful means?
You can start from here.

The concept of skillfulness is prominent in Mahayana Buddhism
with regards to the actions of a bodhisattva. The idea is that
a bodhisattva or practitioner may use any expedient methods
in order to help ease the suffering of people, introduce them
to the dharma, or help them on their road to nirvana.
In chapter 25 of the Lotus Sutra, the Buddha describes
how the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara changes his form
to meet the needs of the student. If a monk is needed,
the Bodhisattva becomes a monk for example.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upaya

But you cannot become a name caller
to help a person to stop calling people names.

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.

Firehose
2010-07-09 18:24:56 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 2:19 PM, firehose wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> Did they wipe your ass after they got you off the bedpan?
>>
>> Suddenly realize that
>> you don't have to hate yourself so much.
>
> <yawn> still more "zen game" fuckwittery...
>
> Can't the medical people in the SNF give you something to break or at
> least moderate your addiction?

  Small minds discuss specific people
  Average minds discuss particular events
 Great minds discuss general ideas

People laugh at others
when they are afraid
of something deep inside them.
~oxtail

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.

Firehose
2010-07-09 18:29:28 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 2:42 PM, firehose wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> Something you lack entirely...
>>
>> How about you?
>> Would you like to learn skillful means? You can start from here.
>>
>> The concept of skillfulness is
>
> ...absent in you.

Thank you for hanging in there.

Another quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama,
from "The Compassionate Life"

Compassion without attachment is possible.
Therefore, we need to clarify the distinctions
between compassion and attachment. True compassion is
not just an emotional response but a firm commitment
founded on reason. Because of this firm foundation,
a truly compassionate attitude toward others does not
change even if they behave negatively. Genuine compassion
is based not on our own projections and expectations,
but rather on the needs of the other: irrespective of
whether another person is a close friend or an enemy,
as long as that person wishes for peace and happiness
and wishes to overcome suffering, then on that basis
we develop genuine concern for their problem.
This is genuine compassion.
For a Buddhist practitioner, the goal is to develop
this genuine compassion, this genuine wish for the well-being
of another, in fact for every living being
throughout the universe.

http://viewonbuddhism.org/compassion.html

Suddenly realize that
most people here wish for your well-being.

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.

Mr.Smartypants
2010-07-09 19:11:17 EST
On Jul 9, 4:58 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.neat>
wrote:
> On 7/9/2010 3:29 PM, firehose wrote:
>
> [a big steaming load of "zen game" bullshit]
>
> You do not practice, or even seek to practice, compassion.  You are an
> asshole who wants to fuck with people's minds.  Fortunately, you have no
> skill at doing so.
>
> --

Fortunately Goo, you have no mind for him to fuck with.

Firehose
2010-07-09 19:35:42 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 7/9/2010 3:24 PM, firehose wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> <yawn> still more "zen game" fuckwittery...
>>>
>>> Can't the medical people in the SNF give you something to break or at
>>> least moderate your addiction?
>>

>> Small minds
>
> You have a small mind - tell us what you talk about.

Is it ever "right speech"
to badmouth people behind their back?

--
Firehose should not be replied to but experienced.