Vegetarian Discussion: Just Another "zen Game" Dabbler

Just Another "zen Game" Dabbler
Posts: 12

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-06-24 15:35:45 EST
I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.

It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.

Lucifer
2010-06-24 16:18:26 EST

> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Fred, you animal, a monkey with a keyboard. Aristolelian
influence? Hahaha. Dude, Capernicus threw Aristotle on his ass and
proposed the theory that Galileo would crystalize into the common
western thought! You are so stupid dude, do yourself a favour and
consider one of the Libers from Crowley. The one where you take a
razor blade and cut yourself everytime you say something stupid. As
much as I am not a fan of cliches (animal nature) there is something
about opening your mouth and proving it! Further, all systems of
belief are alien. And the process then becomes one of common truths
and I assure you that to the perfection of the letter, alchemy and the
i-ching are exactly the same thing; two alien points of view with an
independant yet common conclusion.

Tim

Niunian
2010-06-24 21:52:34 EST
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
<*s@earthlink.neat> wrote:

>I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>
>It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.

Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions. He
doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
to be taken seriously. The problem is, he can't really ask any right
questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism. All he
is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
speaking like an idiot.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-06-24 22:51:39 EST
On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>
>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>
>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>
> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.

Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.

Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
crystal in his real intent.


> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
> to be taken seriously.

He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.


> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.

I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.


> All he
> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
> speaking like an idiot.

He has mastered that form of speaking.

Niunian
2010-06-24 23:16:01 EST
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
<*s@earthlink.neat> wrote:

>On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>
>>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>>
>>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>>
>> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>
>Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
>of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
>motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
>horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.
>
>Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
> The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
>crystal in his real intent.
>
>
>> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
>> to be taken seriously.
>
>He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
>game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
>zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.
>
>
>> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
>> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>
>I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.
>
>
>> All he
>> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
>> speaking like an idiot.
>
>He has mastered that form of speaking.

He appears determined to give zen and Buddhism a bad name with his
stupidity. He is a quite stubborn Korean asshole if you ask me.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-06-25 00:12:48 EST
On 6/24/2010 8:16 PM, niunian wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>
>> On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>>>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>>>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>>>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>>>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>>>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>>>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>>>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>>>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>>>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>>>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>>>
>>>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>>>
>>> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>>
>> Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
>> of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
>> motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
>> horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.
>>
>> Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
>> The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
>> crystal in his real intent.
>>
>>
>>> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
>>> to be taken seriously.
>>
>> He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
>> game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
>> zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.
>>
>>
>>> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
>>> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>>
>> I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.
>>
>>
>>> All he
>>> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
>>> speaking like an idiot.
>>
>> He has mastered that form of speaking.
>
> He appears determined to give zen and Buddhism a bad name with his
> stupidity. He is a quite stubborn Korean asshole if you ask me.

How do you know he's Korean? He might conceivably be of Korean ethnic
origin, but he's clearly utterly western in his thinking.

Niunian
2010-06-25 00:45:09 EST
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:12:48 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
<*s@earthlink.neat> wrote:

>On 6/24/2010 8:16 PM, niunian wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>>>>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>>>>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>>>>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>>>>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>>>>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>>>>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>>>>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>>>>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>>>>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>>>>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>>>>
>>>>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>>>>
>>>> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>>>
>>> Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
>>> of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
>>> motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
>>> horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.
>>>
>>> Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
>>> The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
>>> crystal in his real intent.
>>>
>>>
>>>> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
>>>> to be taken seriously.
>>>
>>> He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
>>> game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
>>> zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.
>>>
>>>
>>>> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
>>>> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>>>
>>> I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.
>>>
>>>
>>>> All he
>>>> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
>>>> speaking like an idiot.
>>>
>>> He has mastered that form of speaking.
>>
>> He appears determined to give zen and Buddhism a bad name with his
>> stupidity. He is a quite stubborn Korean asshole if you ask me.
>
>How do you know he's Korean? He might conceivably be of Korean ethnic
>origin, but he's clearly utterly western in his thinking.

I'm sorry I have not detected any western cultural influence in his
behavior. I have never seen any western person with such dishonesty
and small mindedness. Unlike the eastern culture, western people tend
to be big enough in admitting their mistakes when proven wrong. You
will never see oxtail admitting any of his own stupidities. He is more
than willing to die with his mistakes instead. Such behavior is hardly
western in my opinion.

Executive Creative Director Of Ridiculous Things That Recieve No Funding
2010-06-25 01:55:49 EST
On 25/06/2010 12:45 PM, niunian wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:12:48 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>
>> On 6/24/2010 8:16 PM, niunian wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>>>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>>>>>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>>>>>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>>>>>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>>>>>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>>>>>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>>>>>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>>>>>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>>>>>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>>>>>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>>>>>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>>>>>
>>>>> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>>>>
>>>> Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
>>>> of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
>>>> motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
>>>> horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.
>>>>
>>>> Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
>>>> The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
>>>> crystal in his real intent.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
>>>>> to be taken seriously.
>>>>
>>>> He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
>>>> game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
>>>> zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
>>>>> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>>>>
>>>> I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> All he
>>>>> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
>>>>> speaking like an idiot.
>>>>
>>>> He has mastered that form of speaking.
>>>
>>> He appears determined to give zen and Buddhism a bad name with his
>>> stupidity. He is a quite stubborn Korean asshole if you ask me.
>>
>> How do you know he's Korean? He might conceivably be of Korean ethnic
>> origin, but he's clearly utterly western in his thinking.
>
> I'm sorry I have not detected any western cultural influence in his
> behavior. I have never seen any western person with such dishonesty
> and small mindedness. Unlike the eastern culture, western people tend
> to be big enough in admitting their mistakes when proven wrong. You
> will never see oxtail admitting any of his own stupidities. He is more
> than willing to die with his mistakes instead. Such behavior is hardly
> western in my opinion.

did you watch that youtube vid
i posted "Fuck The World"?

the whole crowd sings "fuck the
beastie boys and the dalai lama!"

Niunian
2010-06-25 02:24:24 EST
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:55:49 +0800, executive creative director of
ridiculous things that recieve no funding <whocares@whocares.who>
wrote:

>On 25/06/2010 12:45 PM, niunian wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:12:48 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/24/2010 8:16 PM, niunian wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>>>>>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>>>>> <fred.c.dobbs@earthlink.neat> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
>>>>>>> poseur lately. It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
>>>>>>> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
>>>>>>> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
>>>>>>> and grew up. If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
>>>>>>> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
>>>>>>> eastern philosophy. That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
>>>>>>> might as well be part of your DNA. Pretending to be a zen-meister just
>>>>>>> makes you look silly. People, especially effective people, just ignore
>>>>>>> you. You have no influence. You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
>>>>>>> in fact you *are* a crackpot. You marginalize yourself.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>>>>>
>>>>> Yep. His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
>>>>> of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry. They are all dishonestly
>>>>> motivated. They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
>>>>> horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.
>>>>>
>>>>> Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
>>>>> The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
>>>>> crystal in his real intent.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
>>>>>> to be taken seriously.
>>>>>
>>>>> He isn't really worried about being taken seriously. He's just a
>>>>> game-playing dabbler. He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
>>>>> zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> The problem is, he can't really ask any right
>>>>>> questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>>>>>
>>>>> I didn't think so. I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> All he
>>>>>> is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
>>>>>> speaking like an idiot.
>>>>>
>>>>> He has mastered that form of speaking.
>>>>
>>>> He appears determined to give zen and Buddhism a bad name with his
>>>> stupidity. He is a quite stubborn Korean asshole if you ask me.
>>>
>>> How do you know he's Korean? He might conceivably be of Korean ethnic
>>> origin, but he's clearly utterly western in his thinking.
>>
>> I'm sorry I have not detected any western cultural influence in his
>> behavior. I have never seen any western person with such dishonesty
>> and small mindedness. Unlike the eastern culture, western people tend
>> to be big enough in admitting their mistakes when proven wrong. You
>> will never see oxtail admitting any of his own stupidities. He is more
>> than willing to die with his mistakes instead. Such behavior is hardly
>> western in my opinion.
>
>did you watch that youtube vid
>i posted "Fuck The World"?
>
>the whole crowd sings "fuck the
>beastie boys and the dalai lama!"

That's nice. I can't wait for the day it actually happens. :-)

Mr.Smartypants
2010-06-25 02:46:26 EST
On Jun 24, 8:51 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.neat>
wrote:
> On 6/24/2010 6:52 PM, niunian wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, "Fred C. Dobbs"
> > <fred.c.do...@earthlink.neat>  wrote:
>
> >> I sure have noticed a lot of western lapses from a certain eastern
> >> poseur lately.  It certainly supports my long-held belief that no matter
> >> how much someone wishes to embrace an alien belief system, you just can
> >> never truly escape the influence of the culture in which you were born
> >> and grew up.  If you were born in and grew up in western culture, you're
> >> western, no matter how ardently you self-consciously try to embrace
> >> eastern philosophy.  That Aristotelian influence is in you so deep, it
> >> might as well be part of your DNA.  Pretending to be a zen-meister just
> >> makes you look silly.  People, especially effective people, just ignore
> >> you.  You have no influence.  You appear to be a thorough crackpot, and
> >> in fact you *are* a crackpot.  You marginalize yourself.
>
> >> It would be sad, but usually it's just too damned funny to be sad.
>
> > Oxtail believes he can hide himself behind his stupid questions.
>
> Yep.  His questions aren't intended to elicit information, nor are any
> of them asked in the spirit of true inquiry.  They are all dishonestly
> motivated.  They are all intended to waste the correspondent's time, and
> horse's ass thinks he already knows all the answers.


Just like you, Goo.


>
> Horse's ass is completely transparent as far as what he's really up to.
>   The amazing thing is he thinks no one can see it, but he's as clear as
> crystal in his real intent.


Just like you, Goo.


>
> > He doesn't know that he still needs to ask the right questions in order
> > to be taken seriously.
>
> He isn't really worried about being taken seriously.  He's just a
> game-playing dabbler.  He wastes a bunch of time - because his time has
> zero alternative value - and he just declares himself the winner.



Just like you, Goo.



>
> > The problem is, he can't really ask any right
> > questions because he doesn't know shit about zen and Buddhism.
>
> I didn't think so.  I don't know who does, but I know he doesn't.


Just like you, Goo.


>
> > All he
> > is capable to do is to shoot in the dark hoping to confuse someone by
> > speaking like an idiot.
>
> He has mastered that form of speaking.-


Just. like. you., Goo!
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron