Vegetarian Discussion: Little Meat Is Necessary

Little Meat Is Necessary
Posts: 11

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Dr Who Duh
2010-06-15 18:09:39 EST
so as a species which claims
to be sensitive haven't we
been gluttonous considering?

i'll tell you my most extreme
vegan ego utopia. meat will be
available but only prescription.
penalties will not be harsh but
it won't be sold just anywhere.
if you hunt it or belong to a
culture that hunts, that too
will generally be allowed.
(everyone can't be same)

it may also be allowed to
be bartered between friends,
if you know others who hunt.

as we cease to eat it there
will be, beyond the morals,
a growing consensus of
disgust. it's gross.

this level is quite far off.

Dr Who Duh
2010-06-15 18:20:20 EST
On 16/06/2010 6:09 AM, Dr Who Duh wrote:
> so as a species which claims
> to be sensitive haven't we
> been gluttonous considering?
>
> i'll tell you my most extreme
> vegan ego utopia. meat will be
> available but only prescription.
> penalties will not be harsh but
> it won't be sold just anywhere.
> if you hunt it or belong to a
> culture that hunts, that too
> will generally be allowed.
> (everyone can't be same)
>
> it may also be allowed to
> be bartered between friends,
> if you know others who hunt.
>
> as we cease to eat it there
> will be, beyond the morals,
> a growing consensus of
> disgust. it's gross.
>
> this level is quite far off.

but i may as well let you know..
you know.. "forewarned" and all.

take it seriously if you can,
but i won't snap if you don't.

peter pan has hope in children.

Dr Who Duh
2010-06-15 18:35:49 EST
On 16/06/2010 6:20 AM, Dr Who Duh wrote:
> On 16/06/2010 6:09 AM, Dr Who Duh wrote:
>> so as a species which claims
>> to be sensitive haven't we
>> been gluttonous considering?
>>
>> i'll tell you my most extreme
>> vegan ego utopia. meat will be
>> available but only prescription.
>> penalties will not be harsh but
>> it won't be sold just anywhere.
>> if you hunt it or belong to a
>> culture that hunts, that too
>> will generally be allowed.
>> (everyone can't be same)
>>
>> it may also be allowed to
>> be bartered between friends,
>> if you know others who hunt.
>>
>> as we cease to eat it there
>> will be, beyond the morals,
>> a growing consensus of
>> disgust. it's gross.
>>
>> this level is quite far off.
>
> but i may as well let you know..
> you know.. "forewarned" and all.
>
> take it seriously if you can,
> but i won't snap if you don't.
>
> peter pan has hope in children.

like any addiction at a point
we must admit a habit does not
mean "natural". it's just hard
to imagine subtracting it..eh?

Dr Who Duh
2010-06-15 23:03:40 EST
On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>
> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> so as a species which claims
>> to be sensitive haven't we
>> been gluttonous considering?
>
> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell phones.
>
> Gluttony takes many forms.

sure... that's besides the point.

Dr Who Duh
2010-06-15 23:04:14 EST
On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>
> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> so as a species which claims
>> to be sensitive haven't we
>> been gluttonous considering?
>
> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell phones.
>
> Gluttony takes many forms.

sure.. that's besides the point.

Dutch
2010-06-15 23:04:28 EST

"Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> so as a species which claims
> to be sensitive haven't we
> been gluttonous considering?

No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat products
or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell phones.

Gluttony takes many forms.


Dr Who Duh
2010-06-17 04:53:29 EST
On 17/06/2010 4:54 PM, Dutch wrote:
>
> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
> news:hv9eum$k7l$4@news.eternal-september.org...
>> On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>>> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>> so as a species which claims
>>>> to be sensitive haven't we
>>>> been gluttonous considering?
>>>
>>> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
>>> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell
>>> phones.
>>>
>>> Gluttony takes many forms.
>>
>> sure... that's besides the point.
>
> No, it goes directly to the heart of the point you were attempting to
> make. Can't you see why? Arguing that something is "unnecessary" is
> meaningless.
>

it's a moral issue too, duh.
that eating meat has now-a-
days become less inevitable
and we can choose not to eat
meat far easier effects it.
god. you guys.........

Dutch
2010-06-17 04:54:33 EST

"Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
news:hv9eum$k7l$4@news.eternal-september.org...
> On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>>
>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>> so as a species which claims
>>> to be sensitive haven't we
>>> been gluttonous considering?
>>
>> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
>> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell phones.
>>
>> Gluttony takes many forms.
>
> sure... that's besides the point.

No, it goes directly to the heart of the point you were attempting to make.
Can't you see why? Arguing that something is "unnecessary" is meaningless.


Dutch
2010-06-17 15:31:57 EST

"Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
news:hvcnqm$ngp$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> On 17/06/2010 4:54 PM, Dutch wrote:
>>
>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>> news:hv9eum$k7l$4@news.eternal-september.org...
>>> On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>>>>
>>>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>>>> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>>> so as a species which claims
>>>>> to be sensitive haven't we
>>>>> been gluttonous considering?
>>>>
>>>> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
>>>> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell
>>>> phones.
>>>>
>>>> Gluttony takes many forms.
>>>
>>> sure... that's besides the point.
>>
>> No, it goes directly to the heart of the point you were attempting to
>> make. Can't you see why? Arguing that something is "unnecessary" is
>> meaningless.
>>
>
> it's a moral issue too, duh.

In what way? Because eating a steak implies that an animal had to die? News
flash, eating anything implies animal suffering, that is the nature of
agriculture.

> that eating meat has now-a-
> days become less inevitable

That's just a rewording of the invalid "unecessary" comment.

> and we can choose not to eat
> meat far easier effects it.
> god. you guys.........

We can choose to consume meat responsibly AND ethically.


Dr Who Duh
2010-06-17 15:43:58 EST
On 18/06/2010 3:31 AM, Dutch wrote:
>
> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
> news:hvcnqm$ngp$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> On 17/06/2010 4:54 PM, Dutch wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>>> news:hv9eum$k7l$4@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>> On 16/06/2010 11:04 AM, Dutch wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> "Dr Who Duh" <whoduh@duhwho.duh> wrote in message
>>>>> news:hv8tnh$qr0$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>>>> so as a species which claims
>>>>>> to be sensitive haven't we
>>>>>> been gluttonous considering?
>>>>>
>>>>> No meat is "necessary" but necessity is beside the point. No wheat
>>>>> products or rice are necessary either, not to mention TV and cell
>>>>> phones.
>>>>>
>>>>> Gluttony takes many forms.
>>>>
>>>> sure... that's besides the point.
>>>
>>> No, it goes directly to the heart of the point you were attempting to
>>> make. Can't you see why? Arguing that something is "unnecessary" is
>>> meaningless.
>>>
>>
>> it's a moral issue too, duh.
>
> In what way? Because eating a steak implies that an animal had to die?
> News flash, eating anything implies animal suffering, that is the nature
> of agriculture.

well we have to try our best. i know
i wake up in the morning and every
day try to take the kill count
down by 2 or 3. addictions..

>
>> that eating meat has now-a-
>> days become less inevitable
>
> That's just a rewording of the invalid "unecessary" comment.
>
>> and we can choose not to eat
>> meat far easier effects it.
>> god. you guys.........
>
> We can choose to consume meat responsibly AND ethically.
>

true, i don't think it should
be completely stopped at all,
at this point in particular.
we can be more caring.
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron