Vegetarian Discussion: What Should Be The Practical Consequence Of The "consideration" Goo Wants Us To Give To Animals' Lives?

What Should Be The Practical Consequence Of The "consideration" Goo Wants Us To Give To Animals' Lives?

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-13 20:07:06 EST
Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison, The Goober - always criticizes people,
mostly "animal rights activists", for not giving the lives of livestock
animals what Goo feels is the proper "consideration". This shrill,
harping criticism usually is found along with Goo's incoherent bullshit
about "decent lives of positive value". There are always major problems
with Goo's blabbering, and this one is no exception.

First, Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison, The Goober - has never meaningfully
explained what this "consideration" is, nor why it is owed, nor to whom
it is owed. It is virtually a certainty that he is unable to do so.
He's making a moral criticism of people on the basis of something
utterly incoherent.

Secondly, Goo - that's Fuckwit David Harrison, THE Goober - has never
said what the practical consequence of this "consideration" should be.
Suppose an "animal rights activist", who believes livestock animals
should not exist, does a comprehensive survey of beef cattle, and
reaches the conclusion: "Yep - most of them appear to me to have, for
the greater part of their lives, 'decent lives of positive value'",
whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. Suppose further that this
"ara" /still/ thinks the human use of animals, particularly killing them
in order to eat them, is inherently wrong. What then? The "ara" has
given the animals all the "consideration" Goo demands - what is he
supposed to /do/ once he's given the consideration? Goo - Fuckwit David
Harrison, THE Goober - never says.

Of course, it's completely obvious where Goo is trying to lead people
with this horseshit "consideration" talk. He expects them to drop their
opposition to livestock husbandry (Goo does not know the meaning of the
word husbandry, but never mind that) and conclude that it is "good", or
at least "not bad", for livestock animals to be bred into existence in
order for humans to kill them and eat them. But he's given them no
basis for changing their thinking. If the "ara" believes that it is
inherently wrong for humans to breed animals into existence in order to
kill them for our consumption, then the consideration of their "decent
lives of positive value" is pointless; and if she doesn't believe that,
but does believe that their treatment at the end of their lives in most
cases is so bad that it *outweighs* all the goodness in their lives up
to the end, then there /still/ won't be any practical consequence
deriving from their "consideration".

It's completely obvious that Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison, THE Goober -
has never really moved away from his original postition from over 10
years ago:

The animals that will be raised for us to eat
are more than just "nothing", because they
*will* be born unless something stops their
lives from happening. Since that is the case,
if something stops their lives from happening,
whatever it is that stops it is truly "denying"
them of the life they otherwise would have had.
Goo/Fuckwit - 12/09/1999

What gives you the right to want to deprive
them [unborn animals] of having what life they
could have?
Goo/Fuckwit - 10/12/2001

What I'm saying is unfair for the animals that
*could* get to live, is for people not to
consider the fact that they are only keeping
these animals from being killed, by keeping
them from getting to live at all.
Goo/Fuckwit - 10/19/1999

That is, Goo is *STILL* assigning some kind of interest, today, to
animals that don't yet exist. He *STILL* believes that anyone who
thinks no more livestock animals should exist is being "unfair" to
non-existent animals; wants to "deprive" non-existent animals of
something; wants to "deny" them something to which Goo feels they are
entitled. In short, Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison - *still* believes
that "aras" want to impose some "loss" on non-existent animals:

Yes, it is the unborn animals that will be
born if nothing prevents that from happening,
that would experience the loss if their lives
are prevented.
Goo/Fuckwit - 08/01/2000

Because Goo - Fuckwit - is embarrassed by the ridicule and derision that
his absurd, publicly expressed beliefs bring down on him, he lies and
says that these things he freely wrote are "mistakes" of terminology.
None of these things Goo has written are mistakes of terminology - they
are mistakes of Goo's thinking. His thinking and beliefs about this are
based on absurdity and nonsense, and so they are irrational to the point
of insanity.

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-13 21:35:16 EST
On May 13, 6:07 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:

The only GOOBER here is YOU.

Using animals for food is unhealthy and just plain WRONG.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-13 22:11:41 EST
On 5/13/2010 6:35 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On May 13, 6:07 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
> wrote:
>

> The only GOOBER here is

Fuckwit David Harrison - THE Goober.

> Using animals for food is unhealthy

No, it isn't.

> and just plain WRONG.

No, it isn't.

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-14 07:58:56 EST
On May 13, 8:11 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> On 5/13/2010 6:35 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>
> > On May 13, 6:07 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
> > wrote:
>
> > The only GOOBER here is
>
> Fuckwit David Harrison - THE Goober.
>
> > Using animals for food is unhealthy
>
> No, it isn't.

Liar.

> > and just plain WRONG.
>
> No, it isn't.

Idiot.

> --
> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
> know what's good for you, you won't let Fred C. Dobbs give you a blowjob.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-14 10:18:41 EST
On 5/14/2010 4:58 AM, Mr.Cumstain lied:
> On May 13, 8:11 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
> wrote:
>> On 5/13/2010 6:35 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>>
>>> On May 13, 6:07 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> The only GOOBER here is
>>
>> Fuckwit David Harrison - THE Goober.
>>
>>> Using animals for food is unhealthy
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>

> Liar.

Nope. There is nothing inherently unhealthful - not "unhealthy", you
fucking twat - about eating meat.

>>> and just plain WRONG.
>>
>> No, it isn't.
>>

> Idiot.

Nope. It absolutely is *not* wrong.

Oxtail
2010-05-14 10:52:49 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 5/14/2010 4:58 AM, Mr.Cumstain lied:

>>> Fuckwit David Harrison - THE Goober.

>>> No, it isn't.
>>
>> Liar.
>
> Nope. There is nothing inherently unhealthful - not "unhealthy", you
> fucking twat - about eating meat.

>>> No, it isn't.
>>>
>> Idiot.
>
> Nope. It absolutely is *not* wrong.

There seems to be something inherently unhealthy
about being full of anger and hatred.

--
oxtail

Oxtail
2010-05-14 11:09:56 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 5/14/2010 7:52 AM, oxtail wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
>>
>>> On 5/14/2010 4:58 AM, Mr.Cumstain lied:

>>> Nope. There is nothing inherently unhealthful - not "unhealthy", you
>>> fucking twat - about eating meat.

>>> Nope. It absolutely is *not* wrong.
>>

>> There seems to be something inherently unhealthy about being full of
>> anger and hatred.
>
> Yes, there is. That's why "vegans" are so impossible.

Probably because it's rather difficult
to love to eat only fruits and vegetables.

--
oxtail

Oxtail
2010-05-14 12:54:49 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 5/14/2010 8:09 AM, oxtail wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> Yes, there is. That's why "vegans" are so impossible.
>>

>> Probably because it's rather difficult to love to eat only fruits and
>> vegetables.
>>

> I think it's more because they're just inherently assholes.

We all are, sometimes.
Any interest in Zen?

--
oxtail

Oxtail
2010-05-14 13:19:52 EST
Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 5/14/2010 9:54 AM, oxtail wrote:
>> Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> I think it's more because they're just inherently assholes.
>>

>> We all are, sometimes.
>> Any interest in Zen?
>
> Yes, but I never pursued it. Zen again, zer are a lot of interests I've
> never pursued - ze time, it is short.

Feel free to do it here and now.

--
oxtail