Vegetarian Discussion: VEGETARIANS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER BONES THAN MEAT-EATERS

VEGETARIANS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER BONES THAN MEAT-EATERS

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-05-12 06:17:17 EST
Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss

Fact City 12

On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study of
bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was typical of
many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have significantly
stronger bones."

In March 1983, the Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported the results
of the largest study of this kind ever undertaken. Researchers at
Michigan State University and other major universities found that, by
the age of 65 in the United States:

*** Male vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of 3%
xxx Male meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss of 7%

*** Female vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of 18%
xxx Female meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss of 35%

By the time she reaches the age of sixty-five the average meat-eating
woman in the United States has lost over a third of her skeletal
structure. In contrast, older vegetarian women tend to remain active,
maintain erect postures, and are less likely to fracture or break
bones even with increased physical activity. If their bones do break
or fracture, they heal faster and more completely.

- Ellis, F., et al., "Incidence of Osteoporosis in Vegetarians and
Omnivores" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 25:555, 1972

- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 1983

- Wachman, Amnon, et al., "Diet and Osteoporosis" Lancet, May 4,
1968, pg. 958

Cited in Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America",
Stillpoint Publishing, 1987.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

H*@indero.com
2010-05-12 07:56:15 EST
'OSTEOPOROSIS FACT SHEET'

http://www.dolcera.com/wiki/images/Osteoporosis_factsheet.pdf

India

1 out of 8 males and 1 out of 3 females in India suffers from
osteoporosis,
making India one of the largest affected countries in the world.28

Expert groups peg the number of osteoporosis patients at approximately
26
million (2003 figures) with the numbers projected to increase to 36
million
by 2013.29

Two points worth noting about osteoporosis in India - the high incidence
among men and the lower age of peak incidence compared to Western
countries.

The incidence of hip fracture is 1 woman to 1 man in India25 In most
Western countries, while the peak incidence of osteoporosis o ccurs at
about 70-80 years of age, in India it may afflict those 10-20 years
younger, at age 50-60.25 \ufffd

Sidney Lambe
2010-05-12 08:03:44 EST
On alt.food.vegan, usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) <usenet@mantra.com> wrote:

> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> Fact City 12
>
> On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
> of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
> typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
> significantly stronger bones."

[delete]

Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A fish is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.

So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)

Sid

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-05-12 08:44:04 EST
In article <slrnhul662.g0c.sidneylambe@3f8s2dcr5.net>,
Sidney Lambe <sidneylambe@somewhere.invalid> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
> >
> > Fact City 12
> >
> > On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
> > of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
> > typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
> > significantly stronger bones."
> > . . .

> Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
> You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A fish
> is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
> on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.

Fish is not a vegetable; vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

> So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
> vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
> vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
> to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)
>
> Sid

The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that a vegetarian is
*generally* understood to eat some dairy products but not meat. A vegan
eats only fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains. Other terms that are
used are vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian and lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-12 11:22:54 EST
On 5/12/2010 3:17 AM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> _Pseudo_-Fact City 12
>
> [...]
>
> - Ellis, F., et al., "Incidence of Osteoporosis in Vegetarians and
> Omnivores" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 25:555, 1972
>
> - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 1983
>
> - Wachman, Amnon, et al., "Diet and Osteoporosis" Lancet, May 4,
> 1968, pg. 958
>
> MIS-Cited in Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America",
> Stillpoint Publishing, 1987.

Look at the dates on this bullshit!

This is just about certain *NOT* to be the current state of scientific
finding on this. The crazed vegetarian crusader, not-a-doctor Jay
Stevens aka the jyotishithead, will spew any bullshit imaginable to try
to make his "lifestyle" seem better.

Sidney Lambe
2010-05-12 12:43:52 EST
On alt.food.vegan, usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) <usenet@mantra.com> wrote:
> In article <slrnhul662.g0c.sidneylambe@3f8s2dcr5.net>,
> Sidney Lambe <sidneylambe@somewhere.invalid> posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> > Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>> >
>> > Fact City 12
>> >
>> > On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
>> > of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
>> > typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
>> > significantly stronger bones."
>> > . . .
>
>> Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
>> You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A fish
>> is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
>> on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.
>
> Fish is not a vegetable;

Duh. I didn't say it was.

> vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

Yes. Millions of people who callthemselves vegetarians eat
all manner of seafood. Just like some eat eggs and some use
dairy products.

They are all meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

>> So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
>> vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
>> vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
>> to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)
>>
>> Sid
>

> The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that
> a vegetarian is *generally* understood to eat some dairy
> products but not meat.

Wrong. The only thing all so-called "vegetarians" share in
common is that they supposedly don't eat mammalian flesh.
Most of them do, when people aren't looking.

> A vegan eats only fruits, vegetables,
> legumes and grains.

Nonsense. A vegan eats any plant foods.
There are vegan recipes by the tens of thousands on the
web. Check it out for yourself.

> Other terms that are used are vegetarian,
> lacto-vegetarian and lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

And all those people are meat-eaters. They eat
animal proteins.

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotish Om Shant i

You are so far off base you can't even see the
stadium.

I call myself an herby, meaning herbivore. I eat only plants
of any kind.

What a 'vegan' is, exactly, is a much debated subject.

By the way, parroting scientific studies that appeal to you,
while ignoring those that contradict your preferences, does
not make you a Ph.D or Sc.d.

Where did you earn your graduate degrees? I'd like to
see your name on their alumni lists.

Sid

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-12 16:52:25 EST
On May 12, 9:22 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.neat>
wrote:
> On 5/12/2010 3:17 AM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>

> > Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> > _Pseudo_-Fact City 12
>
> > [...]
>
> >   - Ellis, F., et al., "Incidence of Osteoporosis in Vegetarians and
> > Omnivores" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 25:555, 1972
>
> >   - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 1983
>
> >   - Wachman, Amnon, et al., "Diet and Osteoporosis" Lancet, May 4,
> > 1968, pg. 958
>
> > MIS-Cited in Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America",
> > Stillpoint Publishing, 1987.
>
> Look at the dates on this bullshit!
>
> This is just about certain *NOT* to be the current state of scientific
> finding on this.  The crazed vegetarian crusader, not-a-doctor Jay
> Stevens aka the jyotishithead, will spew any bullshit imaginable to try
> to make his "lifestyle" seem better.-

LOL!!!

You stupid f***!

What you really mean is we should be looking at the latest meat
industry "science" that was concocted to dispell the research of 1984.

It's quite apparent that being a meat industry shill is NOT your
forte, Goobs.

You're no good at it.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-12 17:08:57 EST
On 5/12/2010 1:52 PM, Mr.Cumstain lied:
> On May 12, 9:22 am, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.neat>
> wrote:
>> On 5/12/2010 3:17 AM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>>

>>> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>>
>>> _Pseudo_-Fact City 12
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>>> - Ellis, F., et al., "Incidence of Osteoporosis in Vegetarians and
>>> Omnivores" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 25:555, 1972
>>
>>> - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 1983
>>
>>> - Wachman, Amnon, et al., "Diet and Osteoporosis" Lancet, May 4,
>>> 1968, pg. 958
>>
>>> MIS-Cited in Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America",
>>> Stillpoint Publishing, 1987.
>>
>> Look at the dates on this bullshit!
>>
>> This is just about certain *NOT* to be the current state of scientific
>> finding on this. The crazed vegetarian crusader, not-a-doctor Jay
>> Stevens aka the jyotishithead, will spew any bullshit imaginable to try
>> to make his "lifestyle" seem better.-
>

> You stupid f***!

No you're evaporating, Runny. First you melted down, now you're
evaporating.

Too funny...

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-05-12 22:23:55 EST
In article <slrnhulml4.g0c.sidneylambe@3f8s2dcr5.net>,
Sidney Lambe <sidneylambe@somewhere.invalid> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > In article <slrnhul662.g0c.sidneylambe@3f8s2dcr5.net>,
> > Sidney Lambe <sidneylambe@somewhere.invalid> posted:

> >> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> >> Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
> >> You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A
> fish
> >> is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
> >> on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.

> > Fish is not a vegetable;
>
> Duh. I didn't say it was.

You implied that vegetarians eat fish.

> > vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

> Yes. Millions of people who callthemselves vegetarians eat
> all manner of seafood. Just like some eat eggs and some use
> dairy products.

They may call themselves vegetarian but they really aren't.

> They are all meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

> >> So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
> >> vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
> >> vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
> >> to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)
> >>
> >> Sid

> > The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that
> > a vegetarian is *generally* understood to eat some dairy
> > products but not meat.

> Wrong. The only thing all so-called "vegetarians" share in
> common is that they supposedly don't eat mammalian flesh.
> Most of them do, when people aren't looking.

But you are?

> > A vegan eats only fruits, vegetables,
> > legumes and grains.

> Nonsense. A vegan eats any plant foods.
> . . .

Thorns too?

If you want to get picky you can include all plant material as
something that a vegan might eat, but the typical vegan will eat
fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes and herbs.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-05-12 22:26:09 EST
[Here, a vegetarian is one who does not eat animal-source material. - JM]