Vegetarian Discussion: Meat-eaters Have Higher Blood Pressure, Are More Hypertensive (and Likely More Violent)

Meat-eaters Have Higher Blood Pressure, Are More Hypertensive (and Likely More Violent)
Posts: 12

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-05-11 18:53:25 EST
Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely more violent)

Fact City 4

Many studies have compared the blood pressure levels of people who
have different diet-styles. Even when the data have been adjusted to
eliminate salt as a variable, the following pattern is consistent:

Blood Pressure Levels (highest ranked first)

1. Meat eaters
2. Lacto-ovo vegetarians
3. Pure vegetarians

- Burr, M., "Plasma Cholesterol and Blood Pressure in Vegetarians,"
Journal of Human Nutrition, 35:437, 1981

- Sacks, F., "Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American Journal of
Epidemiology, 100:390, 1974

- Armstrong, B., ". . . Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American
Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 32:2472, 1979

- Ophir, O., "Low Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American Journal
of Clinical Nutrition, 37:755, 1983

- Kaplan, N., "Non-Drug Treatment of Hypertension," Annals of
Internal Medicine, 102:359, 1985

- Editorial, "Lowering Blood Pressure Without Drugs," Lancet, 2:459,
1980

- Rouse, I., "Blood Pressure Lowering Effect of a Vegetarian Diet .
.," Lancet, 1:5, 1983

Cited in "Diet for A New America" by Pulitzer-Prize nominne John
Robbins; Stillpoint; 1987.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational
purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of this post may not
have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the
poster. The contents are protected by copyright law and the exemption for
fair use of copyrighted works.
o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely not be read,
considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name, current
e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others are
not necessarily those of the poster who may or may not have read the article.

FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the use of
which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright
owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance the
understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues. It is believed
that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more information
go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-11 18:55:40 EST
Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not Indian, not a Hindoo - lied:

> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely more violent)

None of that is supported by evidence.


--
Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-11 20:01:32 EST
On May 11, 4:55 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not Indian, not a Hindoo - lied:
>
> > Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely more violent)
>
> None of that is supported by evidence.
>


How do you know, Goobs? Did you search out all the pertinent
studies?........or are you just trying to explain away your own
violent nature?


Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-11 23:43:10 EST
On 5/11/2010 5:01 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On May 11, 4:55 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
> wrote:
>> Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not Indian, not a Hindoo - lied:
>>
>>> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely more violent)
>>
>> None of that is supported by evidence.
>>
>
>
> How do you know

Because the fake fakir Stevens didn't present any, and wouldn't know
where to start looking.

Harmony
2010-05-14 18:03:56 EST
you know, i have never met a vegetarian i had arguments with.
because vegetarians are so agreeable they don't get ulcers.

<*t@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100511BoR2p2NS7C7BoeW6C43eeR1@R68rd...
> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely
> more violent)
>
> Fact City 4
>
> Many studies have compared the blood pressure levels of people who
> have different diet-styles. Even when the data have been adjusted to
> eliminate salt as a variable, the following pattern is consistent:
>
> Blood Pressure Levels (highest ranked first)
>
> 1. Meat eaters
> 2. Lacto-ovo vegetarians
> 3. Pure vegetarians
>
> - Burr, M., "Plasma Cholesterol and Blood Pressure in Vegetarians,"
> Journal of Human Nutrition, 35:437, 1981
>
> - Sacks, F., "Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American Journal of
> Epidemiology, 100:390, 1974
>
> - Armstrong, B., ". . . Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American
> Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 32:2472, 1979
>
> - Ophir, O., "Low Blood Pressure in Vegetarians," American Journal
> of Clinical Nutrition, 37:755, 1983
>
> - Kaplan, N., "Non-Drug Treatment of Hypertension," Annals of
> Internal Medicine, 102:359, 1985
>
> - Editorial, "Lowering Blood Pressure Without Drugs," Lancet, 2:459,
> 1980
>
> - Rouse, I., "Blood Pressure Lowering Effect of a Vegetarian Diet .
> .," Lancet, 1:5, 1983
>
> Cited in "Diet for A New America" by Pulitzer-Prize nominne John
> Robbins; Stillpoint; 1987.
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti
>
> o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the
> educational
> purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of this post may
> not
> have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the
> poster. The contents are protected by copyright law and the exemption for
> fair use of copyrighted works.
> o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely not be read,
> considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
> current
> e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
> o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
> are
> not necessarily those of the poster who may or may not have read the
> article.
>
> FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the use of
> which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright
> owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance the
> understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
> democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues. It is believed
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
> Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
> included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
> information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.



Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-14 18:06:49 EST
On 5/14/2010 3:03 PM, harmony wrote:

> you know, i have never met a vegetarian i had arguments with.

How could you? Your mouths were both full of the Kool-Aid.

Me, ...again!
2010-05-14 19:34:25 EST


On Fri, 14 May 2010, Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

> On 5/14/2010 3:03 PM, harmony wrote:
>
>> you know, i have never met a vegetarian i had arguments with.
>
> How could you? Your mouths were both full of the Kool-Aid.
>

"harmony" and brethern have turned into vegetables, that's why they don't
get into arguments.

Vegetative state: zombie-drones (follow Maharaj as 'master-of-drones').



M. Ranjit Mathews
2010-05-14 21:45:45 EST
On May 11, 6:53 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely more violent)

> Many studies have compared the blood pressure levels of people who
> have different diet-styles. Even when the data have been adjusted to
> eliminate salt as a variable, the following pattern is consistent:

How about blood sugar levels? According to this ...
http://www.who.int/diabetes/actionnow/en/mapdiabprev.pdf
India is 6-8 percent diabetic.
China and much of Africa is under 3% diabetic.

Sidney Lambe
2010-05-14 22:18:24 EST
On alt.food.vegan, M. Ranjit Mathews <ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 6:53=A0pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
> Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and likely=
> more violent)
>
>> Many studies have compared the blood pressure levels of people who
>> have different diet-styles. Even when the data have been adjusted to
>> eliminate salt as a variable, the following pattern is consistent:
>
> How about blood sugar levels? According to this ...
> http://www.who.int/diabetes/actionnow/en/mapdiabprev.pdf
> India is 6-8 percent diabetic.

They waste their land and labor feeding cows and goats an
buffalos for milk products. That's why that.

> China and much of Africa is under 3% diabetic.

And China has a higher percentage of herbies (pure vegetarians)
in many remote inland areas (most of China) than anywhere else
in the world. In the south they eat brown rice as their staple
protein source and in the north, barley.

The rest of the people in these areas eat less than 3% animal protein.

There are NO dairy products.

Google The China Project. It's been years, but It was fascinating
reading.

Sid


Dutch
2010-05-14 23:32:31 EST

"Sidney Lambe" <sidneylambe@somewhere.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrnhus12f.i6k.sidneylambe@3f8s2dcr5.net...
> On alt.food.vegan, M. Ranjit Mathews <ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On May 11, 6:53=A0pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
>> Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>>> Meat-eaters have higher blood pressure, are more hypertensive (and
>>> likely=
>> more violent)
>>
>>> Many studies have compared the blood pressure levels of people who
>>> have different diet-styles. Even when the data have been adjusted to
>>> eliminate salt as a variable, the following pattern is consistent:
>>
>> How about blood sugar levels? According to this ...
>> http://www.who.int/diabetes/actionnow/en/mapdiabprev.pdf
>> India is 6-8 percent diabetic.
>
> They waste their land and labor feeding cows and goats an
> buffalos for milk products. That's why that.
>
>> China and much of Africa is under 3% diabetic.
>
> And China has a higher percentage of herbies (pure vegetarians)
> in many remote inland areas (most of China) than anywhere else
> in the world. In the south they eat brown rice as their staple
> protein source and in the north, barley.
>
> The rest of the people in these areas eat less than 3% animal protein.
>
> There are NO dairy products.
>
> Google The China Project. It's been years, but It was fascinating
> reading.

The China Project has been widely misrepresented by opponents of meat since
it was released. What you read was undoubtedly one of these pressers, not
the study itself.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron