Vegetarian Discussion: New Book On Farmed Animals

New Book On Farmed Animals

Diane
2010-05-01 14:02:29 EST
May 1st, 2010
For Immediate Release

INNOVATIVE NEW BOOK GETS “UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL” WITH
AMERICA’S FARMED ANIMALS
Book Release Today, May 1st, 2010

“A rare and life-changing book. It evokes a sense of wonder, joy
and awe, and a recognition of how interwoven we are with all of
life.” - John Robbins, author of The New Good Life and Diet for a
New America,

"Profoundly evocative and entirely to the point.. will leave
readers forever changed.” - Rory Freedman, #1 NY best selling author,
Skinny Bitch

“If the eyes really are the window into the soul, this book
surely has you glimpsing the Beloved." - Kathy Freston, author of
Quantum Wellness

SANTA CRUZ, CA – Animal lovers, rescuers and caregivers provide a
firsthand glimpse into the lives of farmed animals in Ninety-Five:
Meeting America’s Farmed Animals in Stories and Photographs, being
released today, by publisher No Voice Unheard. (Ninety-five is the
average number of animals spared annually by one person’s vegan
diet.)

Brimming with beautiful, full-color photographs, Ninety-Five [ISBN:
978-0-97283-875-7; 168 pages; $19.95] tells the captivating stories of
farmed animals living in sanctuaries and homes across the country.
These animals reveal themselves to be every bit as interesting,
complicated, and charming as the dogs and cats many of us already
know. From Justice, the steer who broke out of a truck on the way to
the slaughterhouse and is now the self-appointed greeter at the
sanctuary where he lives, to bold and irrepressible Lucas, a pig
desperately infatuated with Petunia (the feeling isn’t mutual, but
that doesn’t deter him), to Amelia, the turkey anxious to share a hug
with her photographer, their stories are compelling, even amazing, and
always moving.

“Most people have never had the chance to meet the animals we call
‘farm animals,’ and so are surprised to realize how personality-filled
and emotionally complex they are,” says Diane Leigh, No Voice Unheard
Editor. “When they are allowed to live in peace and comfort and be who
they are, farmed animals form deep relationships, have clear
preferences about all aspects of their lives and have feelings and
memories. The stories in Ninety-Five convey this, simply and
obviously.”

Whether it is legislation regulating farming practices, initiatives
overwhelmingly passed by voters, undercover video footage from farms
and slaughterhouses revealing shocking cruelty, or discoveries of the
environmental impacts of raising animals for food, current headlines
are filled with stories about modern agricultural practices. More than
ever before, Americans want to know where their food comes from and
how the animals who become food a treated. Ninety-Five goes beyond
these questions, showing us who these animals are when they are
allowed to live in peace and comfort.

No Voice Unheard is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) independent
publisher whose previous titles include One at a Time: A Week in an
American Animal Shelter, and Thought to Exist in the Wild: Awakening
from the Nightmare of Zoos. Ninety-Five: Meeting America’s Farmed
Animals in Stories and Photographs is now available in retail
bookstores everywhere, or may be ordered directly from the publisher.
"Early order" packages - with special pricing on Ninety-Five and the
publishers' other titles - are available on the No Voice Unheard
website at www.NoVoiceUnheard.org

For more information, contact:

Contact: Marilee Geyer
No Voice Unheard ◦ P.O. Box 4171 ◦ Santa Cruz, California 95063
Phone: (831) 440-9574 ◦ Fax: (831) 479-3225
E-mail: marilee@novoiceunheard.org ◦ Website: www.NoVoiceUnheard.org

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-01 20:03:25 EST
On 5/1/2010 11:02 AM, Diane wrote:
> May 1st, 2010
> For Immediate Release
>

> INNOVATIVE NEW BOOK GETS “UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL” WITH
> AMERICA’S FARMED ANIMALS
> Book Release Today, May 1st, 2010
>

> “A rare and life-changing book. It evokes a sense of wonder, joy
> and awe, and a recognition of how interwoven we are with all of
> life.” - John Robbins, author of The New Good Life and Diet for a
> New America,

John Robbins has no expertise on animals.

> SANTA CRUZ, CA – Animal lovers, rescuers and caregivers

Weirdo touchy-feely people, in other words.

> Brimming with beautiful, full-color photographs, Ninety-Five [ISBN:
> 978-0-97283-875-7; 168 pages; $19.95] tells the captivating stories of
> farmed animals living in sanctuaries and homes across the country.

Those animals are not representative of typical farmed animals.

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-02 15:22:27 EST
On May 1, 6:03 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not> wrote:
> On 5/1/2010 11:02 AM, Diane wrote:
>
> > May 1st, 2010
> > For Immediate Release
>
> > INNOVATIVE NEW BOOK GETS “UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL” WITH
> > AMERICA’S FARMED ANIMALS
> > Book Release Today, May 1st, 2010
>
> >       “A rare and life-changing book. It evokes a sense of wonder, joy
> > and awe, and a recognition of how interwoven we are with all of
> > life.”   - John Robbins, author of The New Good Life and Diet for a
> > New America,
>
> John Robbins has no expertise on animals.

And you do?

> > SANTA CRUZ, CA – Animal lovers, rescuers and caregivers
>
> Weirdo touchy-feely people, in other words.

People who CARE, in other words.

> > Brimming with beautiful, full-color photographs, Ninety-Five [ISBN:
> > 978-0-97283-875-7; 168 pages; $19.95] tells the captivating stories of
> > farmed animals living in sanctuaries and homes across the country.
>
> Those animals are not representative of typical farmed animals.

Obviously they've been rescued from "farms".

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-02 15:26:47 EST
On 5/2/2010 12:22 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
> On May 1, 6:03 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not> wrote:
>> On 5/1/2010 11:02 AM, Diane wrote:
>>
>>> May 1st, 2010
>>> For Immediate Release
>>
>>> INNOVATIVE NEW BOOK GETS “UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL” WITH
>>> AMERICA’S FARMED ANIMALS
>>> Book Release Today, May 1st, 2010
>>
>>> “A rare and life-changing book. It evokes a sense of wonder, joy
>>> and awe, and a recognition of how interwoven we are with all of
>>> life.” - John Robbins, author of The New Good Life and Diet for a
>>> New America,
>>
>> John Robbins has no expertise on animals.
>>

> And you do?

More than Robbins. More than you.

>>> SANTA CRUZ, CA – Animal lovers, rescuers and caregivers
>>
>> Weirdo touchy-feely people, in other words.
>>

> People who CARE

Bullshit. Overly sentimental people who don't understand animals, in
other words.

>>> Brimming with beautiful, full-color photographs, Ninety-Five [ISBN:
>>> 978-0-97283-875-7; 168 pages; $19.95] tells the captivating stories of
>>> farmed animals living in sanctuaries and homes across the country.
>>
>> Those animals are not representative of typical farmed animals.
>>

> Obviously they've been rescued from "farms".

They're not representative of farm animals.

Mr.Smartypants
2010-05-02 15:44:39 EST
On May 2, 1:26 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not> wrote:
> On 5/2/2010 12:22 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:

> >> John Robbins has no expertise on animals.
>
> > And you do?
>
> More than Robbins.  More than you.

Coming from your vast experience at raising farm animals?

> >> Weirdo touchy-feely people, in other words.
>
> > People who CARE
>
> Bullshit.  Overly sentimental people who don't understand animals, in
> other words.

What makes you say they "don't understand" animals?

> >> Those animals are not representative of typical farmed animals.
>
> > Obviously they've been rescued from "farms".
>
> They're not representative of farm animals.

What are they representative of then, Goo?

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-02 15:55:09 EST
On 5/2/2010 12:44 PM, Mr.Shit4braincell lied:
> On May 2, 1:26 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not> wrote:

>>> And you do?
>>
>> More than Robbins. More than you.
>>

> Coming from your vast experience at raising farm animals?

No.

>>> People who CARE
>>
>> Bullshit. Overly sentimental people who don't understand animals, in
>> other words.
>

> What makes you say they "don't understand" animals?

They've never been around them. They're projecting their "feelings".

>>> Obviously they've been rescued from "farms".
>>
>> They're not representative of farm animals.
>>

> What are they representative of then

Nothing.

D*@.
2010-05-03 16:22:22 EST
On Sun, 02 May 2010 Goo wrote:

>On 5/2/2010 12:22 PM, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
>> On May 1, 6:03 pm, Goo wrote:

>>> John Robbins has no expertise on animals.
>>>

>> And you do?
>
>More than Robbins. More than you.

"Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo

"Non human animals experience neither pride nor
disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
to feel either." - Goo

"Darwin, a sentimental person, was projecting. He
saw something that wasn't there. He was, in a way,
hallucinating." - Goo

"The dog didn't do what Darwin said. His statement of
the "changes in behavior" is not reliable." - Goo

"Anticipation requires language." - Goo

"No animals anticipate." - Goo

"Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo

"They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo

"They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo

"Ranchers . . . have no idea if a steer they raise is
going to be used entirely for human consumption,
entirely for animal consumption, or for some
combination; nor do they care." - Goo

"Cattle are specifically bred into existence to be
pet food. " - Goo

>>> Weirdo touchy-feely people, in other words.
>>>

>> People who CARE
>
>Bullshit.

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

D*@.
2010-05-03 16:22:29 EST
On Sat, 1 May 2010 11:02:29 -0700 (PDT), Diane
<*e@novoiceunheard.org> wrote:

>(Ninety-five is the
>average number of animals spared annually by one person’s vegan
>diet.)

LOL! In contrast to that there are NO animals spared. It's
really more contemptible than funny, but the blatancy of such
dishonesty is amusing none the less.

I contribute to the lives of a hundred or so broiler chickens
each year, and since I believe the vast majority of them have
decent lives of positive value I can feel good about doing so.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-03 17:08:38 EST
On 5/3/2010 1:22 PM, Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison - lied:
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

>>> And you do?
>>
>> More than Robbins. More than you.
>
> [snip irrational crap Goo Fuckwit doesn't understand]

>>> People who CARE
>>
>> Bullshit.
>
> "There is no "consideration" to be given."

Correct. Until an animal exists, no aspect of its life merits any
consideration. What *you* mean by "consideration", Goo, is wanting the
animal to exist, so you can eat it. That's all.

Fred C. Dobbs
2010-05-03 17:09:47 EST
On 5/3/2010 1:22 PM, Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison - lied:
> On Sat, 1 May 2010 11:02:29 -0700 (PDT), Diane
> <diane@novoiceunheard.org> wrote:
>
>> (Ninety-five is the
>> average number of animals spared annually by one person’s vegan
>> diet.)
>
> LOL! In contrast to that

"In contrast to that" - ha ha ha ha ha! That's just Goo trying to sound
educated. He isn't.

> I contribute to the lives of a hundred or so broiler chickens
> each year

Unimportant.