Vegetarian Discussion: What If Climate Change Is A Big Hoax And We Make A Better World For Nothing?

What If Climate Change Is A Big Hoax And We Make A Better World For Nothing?
Posts: 32

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-04-04 02:09:08 EST
(I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)

Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why
so much resistance to change?

I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)

'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health. In his
article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that while
climate change gets ample attention, species loss and nitrogen
pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees. In addition, other
environmental processes such as ocean acidification and stratospheric
ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'

http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tipping_poin.php


------------------------------------------------

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Being frugal and smart is GOOD FOR YOU and others"

http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Giga2
2010-04-04 07:11:22 EST
On 4 Apr, 07:09, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
<*.@yahoo.com> wrote:
> (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>
> Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why
> so much resistance to change?
>
> I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)
>
> 'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
> April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
> Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
> environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health. In his
> article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that while
> climate change gets ample attention, species loss and nitrogen
> pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees. In addition, other
> environmental processes such as ocean acidification and stratospheric
> ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tippi...
>
> ------------------------------------------------
>
> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> "Being frugal and smart is GOOD FOR YOU and others"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Its true but there is an assumption behind this idea which is very
questionable. Will making carbon too expensive for most people to use
actually lead to a better world. Or would better technology, a bigger
global middle class and better economy do it? This is a question
beyond GW or AGW as well. Maybe even more fundamentally do we want a
world where people are led by propaganda and lies, even to what may be
good for them, or by truth and science. IMO there are very severe
problems with using lies and propaganda, independent of the goal. It
is a question of ethics, do the ends justify the means? Or do the
means themselves always influence the ends. I would say the means must
be compatible with ends for those ends to be achieved and not
perverted.

Marvin The Martian
2010-04-04 09:02:51 EST
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:09:08 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
Banana Kung-Fu wrote:

> (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>
> Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> just to play it safe.

Not true. The "solution" moves trillions of dollars out of the United
States and into foreign countries, mostly Communist China. It puts limits
on how much fuel we can use, which means people will not be able to
travel as far, will be colder, live in a darker world, and have much less
to eat.

During the Arab oil embargo, people died of hypothermia. Sadly, that
isn't considered much of a "sacrifice" from the "compassionate liberals"
who want to "save the earth".

The simple fact is, CO2 has almost nothing to do with climate change, and
it's all one big goddamned lie.

> Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why so
> much resistance to change?

You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global warming.
So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of idiot
thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this stuff, it's
good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the big damned lies?
If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie about how good it
is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift of speech is wasted
on liars.

And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel no
father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person who
thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine with
that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others to live
the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.

But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
that's a fat bastard.



2010-04-04 10:54:20 EST
On Apr 4, 9:02 am, Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:09:08 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
>
> Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>
> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> > just to play it safe.
>
> Not true. The "solution" moves trillions of dollars out of the United
> States and into foreign countries, mostly Communist China. It puts limits
> on how much fuel we can use, which means people will not be able to
> travel as far, will be colder, live in a darker world, and have much less
> to eat.
>
> During the Arab oil embargo, people died of hypothermia. Sadly, that
> isn't considered much of a "sacrifice" from the "compassionate liberals"
> who want to "save the earth".
>
> The simple fact is, CO2 has almost nothing to do with climate change, and
> it's all one big goddamned lie.
>
> > Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why so
> > much resistance to change?
>
> You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global warming.
> So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of idiot
> thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this stuff, it's
> good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the big damned lies?
> If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie about how good it
> is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift of speech is wasted
> on liars.
>
> And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
> draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel no
> father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person who
> thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
> contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine with
> that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others to live
> the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.
>
> But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
> hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
> that's a fat bastard.

Ø The fact is that the global climate is constantly
changing as it has for five million years or more.
Global warming is the fat hoax designed to
concentrate wealth and power in a few hands (UN)

ø The issue is really irrelevant.
Nobody can control the wind
Nobody can control the rain or snow
Nobody (collectively) can control climate.
Global temps are within natural variations.
Oceans heating are a prelude to glaciation.


 Get used to it!!

— —
| In real science the burden of proof is always
| on the proposer, never on the skeptics. So far
| neither IPCC nor anyone else has provided one
| iota of valid data for global warming nor have
| they provided data that climate change is being
| effected by commerce and industry, and not by
| natural causes


TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-04-04 11:08:48 EST
On Apr 4, 6:02 am, Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:09:08 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
>
> Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>
> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> > just to play it safe.
>
> Not true. The "solution" moves trillions of dollars out of the United
> States and into foreign countries, mostly Communist China. It puts limits
> on how much fuel we can use, which means people will not be able to
> travel as far, will be colder, live in a darker world, and have much less
> to eat.
>
> During the Arab oil embargo, people died of hypothermia. Sadly, that
> isn't considered much of a "sacrifice" from the "compassionate liberals"
> who want to "save the earth".
>
> The simple fact is, CO2 has almost nothing to do with climate change, and
> it's all one big goddamned lie.
>
> > Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why so
> > much resistance to change?
>
> You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global warming.
> So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of idiot
> thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this stuff, it's
> good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the big damned lies?
> If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie about how good it
> is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift of speech is wasted
> on liars.
>
> And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
> draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel no
> father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person who
> thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
> contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine with
> that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others to live
> the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.
>
> But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
> hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
> that's a fat bastard.

Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get
killed), but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and
meet people and see the sun and the moon.

In other words, WE ENJOY THE CHANGES however small they can be.

I just wished people were that skeptical of government when they
launch foreign wars and the conquest of space. It costs a lot of
money, and the motivations are doubtful, you know.

But we our common sense tells me that too many people putting out too
much shit, will eventually overrun the balance. It has it many ways
already, as the article says, such in the extinction of species...

The Current Mass Extinction:
Human beings are currently causing the greatest
mass extinction of species since the extinction of
the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends
continue one half of all species of life on earth will
be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of
habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species,
and climate change. (For details see links below.)

http://www.well.com/~davidu/extinction.html

Probably you may even have heard of the fisheries crashing and
everything. Your mentality of CONQUEST AND EXPLOITATION is beyond
COMMON SENSE. I think the cage changes our sense of reality. Yes, your
house can be a cage, so is your vehicle.

TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-04-04 11:28:51 EST
On Apr 4, 12:42 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just another SneakySnake.
>
> TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>
> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
> > just to play it safe. Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps.
>
> Makes a hell of a lot mores sense to use nukes to replace coal fired power stations.

No, it makes more sense FOR YOU to make personal responsibility.
Anything the government does is wasteful, don't you say?

>
> > Why so much resistance to change?
>
> Because the terminally stupid things proposed will fuck the economy, stupid.

So the beast we have created is sacred and we can't back down from it
and enjoy the simple happy life again. And what economy? You must mean
China's economy in any case since it was passed to them.
>
> > I guess that's too threatening to the fat lazy couch potatoes... ;)
>
> It wouldnt fix the problem.
>
> > 'Featured as part of the cover story of Scientific American magazine's
> > April issue, which hit newsstands on March 24, U of M professor Jon
> > Foley makes the case for why we need to pay more attention to all
> > environmental processes that contribute to the Earth's health.
>
> Then he's a fool. The environment is doing fine.

Oh, the environment is doing fine. I see WHERE your opposition is
coming from now... You deny the problem, so it's OK to keep being
wasteful.

If we have trashed this country in under 200 years, you shouldn't
underestimate the capacity of 7 billion people to trash the planet.

>
> > In his article, "Boundaries for a Healthy Planet," he argues that
> > while climate change gets ample attention, species loss and
> > nitrogen pollution exceed safe limits by greater degrees.
>
> Complete and utter drivel.
>
> > In addition, other environmental processes such as ocean acidification and
> > stratospheric ozone depletion are also moving toward dangerous thresholds.'
>
> More drivel.
>
> >http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2010/04/is_earth_past_the_tippi...

I see that you consider the extinction of the tiger and the polar bear
drivel. But many people see the fat lazy Americans lifestyle totally
beyond proportion and reason.

Don't you consider it would be nice for me to get on a bike and go to
the natural supermarket, some 15 miles ride? No, I must be content to
be in the *fucking cage* and take and occasional little walk, or drive
another *fucking cage* somewhere...



Marvin The Martian
2010-04-04 11:32:55 EST
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 08:08:48 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
Banana Kung-Fu wrote:

> On Apr 4, 6:02 am, Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:09:08 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
>>
>> Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>>
>> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that
>> > much just to play it safe.
>>
>> Not true. The "solution" moves trillions of dollars out of the United
>> States and into foreign countries, mostly Communist China. It puts
>> limits on how much fuel we can use, which means people will not be able
>> to travel as far, will be colder, live in a darker world, and have much
>> less to eat.
>>
>> During the Arab oil embargo, people died of hypothermia. Sadly, that
>> isn't considered much of a "sacrifice" from the "compassionate
>> liberals" who want to "save the earth".
>>
>> The simple fact is, CO2 has almost nothing to do with climate change,
>> and it's all one big goddamned lie.
>>
>> > Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why so much resistance to
>> > change?
>>
>> You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global
>> warming. So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of
>> idiot thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this
>> stuff, it's good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the
>> big damned lies? If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie
>> about how good it is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift
>> of speech is wasted on liars.
>>
>> And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
>> draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel
>> no father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person
>> who thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
>> contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine
>> with that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others
>> to live the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.
>>
>> But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
>> hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
>> that's a fat bastard.
>
> Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
> home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
> bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get killed),
> but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and meet
> people and see the sun and the moon.
>
> In other words, WE ENJOY THE CHANGES however small they can be.

Well that's nice, but where does it say that I have to live the lifestyle
YOU chose at the pointy end of a government gun?!

Basically, your argument is "okay, we lied to you to trick you into doing
what we want, how about you do what I want with the government boot on
your neck anyway?"

It is not your right to ask.

> I just wished people were that skeptical of government when they launch
> foreign wars and the conquest of space. It costs a lot of money, and the
> motivations are doubtful, you know.
>
> But we our common sense tells me that too many people putting out too
> much shit, will eventually overrun the balance. It has it many ways
> already, as the article says, such in the extinction of species...

Your irrational belief is not shared with everyone. Too much "shit"? Who
are you to dictate to others, with the force of government, what limits I
can put out "shit"? And your definition of CO2 being "shit", the very
breath of life, is just plain old STUPID, given the premise is "okay, so
what if we lied about man made CO2 causing climate change..."


First.Post
2010-04-04 11:38:33 EST
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:08:48 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey, Originator of
the Banana Kung-Fu" <comandante.banana@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Apr 4, 6:02 am, Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:09:08 -0700, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the
>>
>> Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>> > (I took the title from a cartoon at the link below)
>>
>> > Yep, that's the irony of it. We don't even have to sacrifice that much
>> > just to play it safe.
>>
>> Not true. The "solution" moves trillions of dollars out of the United
>> States and into foreign countries, mostly Communist China. It puts limits
>> on how much fuel we can use, which means people will not be able to
>> travel as far, will be colder, live in a darker world, and have much less
>> to eat.
>>
>> During the Arab oil embargo, people died of hypothermia. Sadly, that
>> isn't considered much of a "sacrifice" from the "compassionate liberals"
>> who want to "save the earth".
>>
>> The simple fact is, CO2 has almost nothing to do with climate change, and
>> it's all one big goddamned lie.
>>
>> > Just ride a bike or be vegetarian perhaps. Why so
>> > much resistance to change?
>>
>> You're an idiot, because you fell for this stupid scam of global warming.
>> So is the author of the blog you read. It is also evidence of idiot
>> thinking to say "so what if I lied to get you to do all this stuff, it's
>> good for the planet". If your argument was good, why the big damned lies?
>> If you lied then, why should you be trusted not to lie about how good it
>> is now?! May as well cut your tongue out, as the gift of speech is wasted
>> on liars.
>>
>> And you're an asshole. Only an asshole would expect to impose an
>> draconian world government on people and dictate that they can travel no
>> father than they can walk and they must be a vegetarian. A person who
>> thinks that EVERYONE must live as they do is, by definition, a
>> contemptible asshole. You can bike or eat just veggies and I'm fine with
>> that, but your attitude to use the government gun to force others to live
>> the way YOU dictate is pure asshole.
>>
>> But at least you're not Al Gore, who tells us to live cold, dark and
>> hungry lives while he lives it up in his energy consuming mansion. Now
>> that's a fat bastard.
>
>Exactly, I'm not Al Gore, and I'm asking you too much to leave the SUV
>home and ride a bike or walk to the market. We basically gave up the
>bike as a healthy option (how can it be healthy if you can get
>killed), but we walk with a hand cart, some 1/2 mile to the market and
>meet people and see the sun and the moon.

That is your choice. Tell a 60+ year old that uses a cane to do the
same. Tell the father and husaband with a family of 3 or 4 to hand
carry 7 or 8 sacks of groceries.
And be sure and tell your plumber, electrician etc. not to ever show
up at your house driving anything but a Prius or some other tiny
little hybrid. Hope you have plenty of tools and ladders and such for
them to use whe n you need your air conditioner or plumbing et al
repaired since they won't be able to carry any of that stuff anymore.
And tell everyone that actually works for a living, something that you
apparently have little or no experience with, that they just need to
get up off their lazy asses an hour or two earlier and get to steppin'
if they want to walk to work ontime.

>
>In other words, WE ENJOY THE CHANGES however small they can be.
>
>I just wished people were that skeptical of government when they
>launch foreign wars and the conquest of space. It costs a lot of
>money, and the motivations are doubtful, you know.

Neither of those have been accompanied with the government telling us
that they were going to raise the costs of everything else out of the
gate like they have with cap and trade.
And the cost of the Iraq war along with the current space program are
a drop in the bucket compared to the bullshit you want to ram up
everyone's asses.
>
>But we our common sense tells me that too many people putting out too
>much shit, will eventually overrun the balance. It has it many ways
>already, as the article says, such in the extinction of species...
>
>The Current Mass Extinction:
>Human beings are currently causing the greatest
>mass extinction of species since the extinction of
>the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends
>continue one half of all species of life on earth will
>be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of
>habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species,
>and climate change. (For details see links below.)
>
>http://www.well.com/~davidu/extinction.html

Well then what's the point? If life will be extinct in less than 100
yearsas your insane article suggests then there isn't a damned thing
that can be done to stop it now.
BTW, over 100 species go extinct on any given day. Have been since
there has been life on earth. Most you are never aware of.
Just another false correalation given by alarmist assholes.

>
>Probably you may even have heard of the fisheries crashing and
>everything. Your mentality of CONQUEST AND EXPLOITATION is beyond
>COMMON SENSE. I think the cage changes our sense of reality. Yes, your
>house can be a cage, so is your vehicle.

Your belief that everyday normal folks that think your propaganda is
horseshit are about nothing more than conquest and exploitation and
desire to destroy the earth clearly shows just how fucked up your
outlook on life and attitude toward your own race is.


2010-04-04 11:57:28 EST
On Apr 4, 11:08 am, "TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu"
<*.@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> The Current Mass Extinction:
> Human beings are currently causing the greatest
> mass extinction of species since the extinction of
> the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. If present trends
> continue one half of all species of life on earth will
> be extinct in less than 100 years, as a result of
> habitat destruction, pollution, invasive species,
> and climate change.

Ø Not bloody likely!! Do you have ANY proof of
what you say?

Ø It should be noted that in less than 100 years
(your time frame) the Polar ice will begin inching
toward the Equator. Following that, we will see
some environment readjustment. You should
know that the Polar Bears were once black but
once their environment changed they gradually
became white.

Ø Since I am aware that you are a member of that
criminal org called Greenpeace, also one of the
financiers of the HadleyCRUsaders, I find zero
credence in your post. Better button up your
overcoat before the ice gets to you!

ø The issue is really irrelevant.
Nobody can control the wind
Nobody can control the rain or snow
Nobody (collectively) can control climate.
Global temps are within natural variations.
Oceans heating are a prelude to glaciation.


 Get used to it!!

— —
| In real science the burden of proof is always
| on the proposer, never on the skeptics. So far
| neither IPCC nor anyone else has provided one
| iota of valid data for global warming nor have
| they provided data that climate change is being
| effected by commerce and industry, and not by
| natural causes

TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-04-04 12:06:21 EST
Wow, the serpents outnumber the monkeys on these groups. Well, I rely
on cooperation, so someone must step forward and say something true.

Anyway, here's another light little debate...

On Apr 4, 12:37 am, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing is gunna fall apart, you watch.

I've been watching the depletion of the jungles and the oceans.

>
> > Easter Island on a global scale, I guess.
>
> Guess again. Diamond didnt even manage to get Easter Island right.
> The problem was imported rats that ate the seeds of their trees.http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stori...
>
> > Or perhaps some nuclear event to prevent us from slow agonizing death.
>
> Just another silly little neurotic fantasy, child.

Oh, it's only a nightmare. Never be prepared for something, whether
it's climate change or hurricanes or earthquakes or terrorism.

Chill out, and tune out.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron