Vegetarian Discussion: MEAT BAN BY BHARATIYA-ORIGIN BILLIONAIRE STIRS ROW IN AUSTRALIA

MEAT BAN BY BHARATIYA-ORIGIN BILLIONAIRE STIRS ROW IN AUSTRALIA

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-03-29 09:08:33 EST
Meat ban by Indian-origin billionaire stirs row

IANS
IBN Live
Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perth: Indian-born billionaire Pankaj Oswal and his wife Radhika have
told workers building their $70 million mansion in the Australian
city that they should not consume meat on the site, stirring a
controversy with a construction union hitting out at the ban.

The massive mansion, located in the exclusive suburb of Peppermint
Grove here, is expected to be finished at the end of next year. It
will have a swimming pool 10 times bigger than the average back yard,
an observatory, a gymnasium the size of a regular Perth house, a
beauty salon as well as parking for 17 cars, Perth Now reported on
Sunday.

The Taj-on-Swan mansion is likely to become the largest home in the
country, on the most expensive block of land.

The Western Australian construction union criticised the ban on
building workers eating ham sandwiches and meat pies at the building
site.

The ban was "absolutely wrong", said Joe McDonald, who is Western
Australian assistant secretary of the Construction, Forestry, Mining
and Energy Union.

"She still wants them to build her $70 million mansion, but she's
telling them what they're going to eat... it's wrong. I respect
everybody's right to practise their religion, but I totally disagree
with anyone forcing it on others.

"That has caused more wars and destruction throughout the world than
anything else I know of. If people are working on the job and they
want to have a ham sandwich or a bacon and egg sandwich, they should
have one," he was quoted as saying.

Workers said there was one small shed in which they were allowed to
eat meat.

Perth Now quoted a source close to the Oswals as saying that some
workers had continued to eat meat on the site "just to spite them".

Pankaj, who is currently in New York to help Radhika prepare for the
launch of her vegetarian fast-food chain, Otarian, defended the meat
ban.

He said: "This is our home."

Radhika has earlier charged the meat industry with "raping the earth"
and said: "Meat eating is creating bad karma and you are also
creating a vicious cycle. It's destroying us environmentally,
economically and socially. I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I've always been a vegetarian so I have always felt strongly about
it."

"First, because of religious reasons, but then later because I
realised the greater good associated with it."

More at:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/meat-ban-by-indianorigin-billionaire-stirs-row/112248-2.html?from=tn

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Harmony
2010-03-29 11:11:54 EST
"this is our home". that says it all.
i think reasonable wishes of the person who pays the bills must be
respected.
the workers were provided "meat eating" area for their lunch - not different
from stepping away from work and visiting a nearby restaurant for a lunch
break. the aus people need to gain a control of themselves. but then meat
eating may not help there.

<*t@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100329MzG61om2Z48ILd8odi3vW6E@WHYf0...
> [...]
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
> Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
> included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
> information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

Kevin Rudd, Full Of Himself
2010-03-29 14:16:30 EST
harmony wrote:

> the aus people need to gain a control of themselves. but then meat
> eating may not help there.

Yes, cow meat is absolutely delicious!

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-03-30 00:50:37 EST
As a public service, Pankaj Oswal may wish to send his workers to this web site:

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

http://www.pcrm.org

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4bb0c33c$0$12456$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <aka@hotmail.com> posted:

> [...]

> > provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with
> > Title
> > 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> > profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the
> > included
> > information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> > subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
> > information
> > go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> > If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> > your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> > copyright owner.
> >
> > Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> > by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> > this post may be reposted several times.

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-03-30 00:55:09 EST
In article <81c93uFuudU1@mid.individual.net>,
"Kevin Rudd, Full of Himself" <never.make.a.hard.decision@gutlesswonder.com.au> posted:

> harmony wrote:
>
> > the aus people need to gain a control of themselves. but then meat
> > eating may not help there.

> Yes, cow meat is absolutely delicious!

THE BEEF DIET: Prescription for Disaster

By Dr. Neal D. Barnard
President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Washington, DC
http://www.pcrm.org

Imagine if two jumbo jets collided over a major city and, in the
resulting fireball, 4,000 people died -- it would be a national
tragedy -- one of the worst accidents ever. People would demand that
airlines and the government made sure nothing like that could ever
happen again.

A tragedy of this proportion happened the day before yesterday. It
happened yesterday, too. It will happen again today and tomorrow.
Every single day in the United States, 4,000 lives are taken by heart
attacks and almost nothing is being done about it.

For years now, we have known of the role diet plays in health, yet
unhealthy diets are still promoted by the government, livestock
industries, advertisers, and even doctors. Healthy diets must be
presented and encouraged by these groups if America's health care
crisis is going to be solved.

Dietary changes are worth making. Two of the three leading killers
of Americans are heart disease and stroke. Both are linked to
"hardening of the arteries" -- arteriosclerosis -- which, in turn, is
largely caused by high-fat, cholesterol-laden diets. As we all know,
animal flesh, and beef in particular, is a major source of
cholesterol and saturated fat.

The enormous toll of these diseases is taken one patient at a time,
as doctors finally give up trying to resuscitate yet another heart
that is damaged beyond hope. The toll is also felt in the national
pocketbook. Coronary bypasses and expensive diagnostic tests are now
the budget-breaking routine in every city in America.

Many other diseases also have their roots in our daily meals. Breast
cancer, which has reached epidemic proportions, killing one woman
every twelve minutes, is clearly related to diet. The same
connections have been drawn between diet and cancers of the colon and
prostate. In fact, according to the National Cancer Institute, some
80 percent of cancer deaths are attributable to smoking, diet, and
other identifiable and controllable factors. Foods rich in fat and
oils increase our cancer risk. About 40 percent of all the calories
we eat comes from the fat in meats, poultry, fish, dairy products,
fried foods and vegetable oils. These fats stimulate the over-
production of hormones which encourage cancer and promote the
development of carcinogens in the digestive tract.

Not only are beef and other meats high in cholesterol and saturated
fats, but they are also low in some vital vitamins and minerals, and
they contain zero fiber. Recently there has been enormous scientific
attention given to the role beta-carotene and other vitamins and
minerals play in blocking cancer growth. Whole grains, fruits,
legumes, and vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals. And plant
foods have fiber -- a substance completely lacking in beef and other
meats. We have long known that fiber helps eliminate many common
gastrointestinal problems such as constipation; however, evidence
shows that it also is protective against a wide variety of diseases
ranging from colon cancer to diabetes, and from gallstones to
appendicitis. It also binds with carcinogenic substances, bile, and
excess hormones which would otherwise rest in the digestive tract,
and moves them out of the body.

As one studies the diets of people around the world, one thing
becomes clear: as people give up traditional diets that are low in
fats, high in fiber, and predominantly plant-based in favor of beef
and other meats, the incidence of diseases such as cancer, heart
disease, diabetes, and kidney disease rises. At the same time, life
expectancy and quality of life decline. In recent years, Japan has
been the target of American beef and tobacco promotional campaigns
that seem to be some sort of Pearl Harbor revenge program. Members of
the higher socioeconomic strata, who are adopting Westernized diets,
have much higher rates of breast, colon, and prostate cancer and
heart disease than their counterparts who eat less (or no) meat.

The Beyond Beef campaign is encouraging people to make this simple
change -- to step away from beef. It is a move that is good for you,
for others, for animals, and for the environment. So live a little;
try some new cuisine; experiment with traditional and ethnic foods.
It could well help you live a lot healthier longer.

- - -

Dr. Neal Barnard is President of The Physicians Committee For
Responsible Medicine, a nationwide group of physicians that promotes
preventive medicine and addresses controversies in modern medicine.
In April 1991, he and three other doctors unveiled a proposal to
replace the old Four Food Groups concept initiated in 1956.

In his book, "The Power of Your Plate," Dr. Barnard documents the
scientific evidence supporting a low-fat, vegetarian diet as the most
potent regimen to reduce risk of heart disease, cancer, weight
problems and food-borne illness. Aside from serving as a practicing
physician on the faculty of the George Washington School of Medicine,
he is also an Associate Director for Behavioral Studies at the
Institute for Disease Prevention.

Dr. Barnard is a director of Behavioral Studies at the Institute for
Disease Prevention at George Washington University.

Visit

http://www.pcrm.org

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

> [...]
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-03-30 01:46:22 EST
In article <4bb18076$0$12426$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <aka@hotmail.com> posted:

> "Arindam Banerjee" <adda1234@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> > On Mar 30, 5:16 am, "Kevin Rudd, Full of Himself"
> > <never.make.a.hard.decis...@gutlesswonder.com.au> wrote:

> > > Yes, cow meat is absolutely delicious!
>
> > You are missing the point. The man is making is own rules. I say,
> > let him do that - make his own rules for Aussies and in retaliation
> > let Aussies make their own rules just for him.
> >
> > In this case, they should make an obscenity tax. A rep. from one of
> > the poorest countries in the world, is makng an obscenely expensive
> > mansion. Instead of using that wealth to improve conditions there, in
> > the third world countries, he is paying foreigners just to boost his
> > own ego. To add insult to injury, he is proving his "holy" Indianness
> > in the most shabby way possible, by taking away the basic rights of
> > the Australian workers.
> >
> > So the rates must be increased, just for him, I say. Increase them by
> > a factor of ten, which is the difference between the living conditions
> > of Australia and India. He can pay that amount, of course.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Arindam Banerjee

> ----------
> mighty commie of you.

He's the Shame of Bihar, Shame of Bengal and of course the Shame of IIT.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Sunday, March 28, 2010

[...]

Greatest Mining Pioneer Of Australia Of All Times
2010-03-30 01:54:16 EST
On Mar 30, 7:46 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> In article <4bb18076$0$12426$bbae4...@news.suddenlink.net>,
>  "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

Well done, anyone indulging in animals eating is in fact swaying his
genetic code towards the one of that animal, and the youngest the
fastest the process !
The most important part being the time of conception through which the
mother should completely abstain from consuming blood-oozing carrion
fed !

( or strict application of Kosher rules which is in fact the
abstention of Hormone containing blood, and Hormone are the signal of
the endocrine system and the endocrine system is the interface to the
Genetic code with immediate consequences in the case of circumcision
( in fact a genetic manipulation ))

Jean-Paul Turcaud
Australia Mining Pioneer
Discoverer & Legal Owner of Telfer Mine (Australia largest Copper &
Gold Mine)
Nifty (Cu) & Kintyre (U, Th) Mines, all in the Great Sandy Desert
Exploration Geologist & Offshore Consultant
Founder of the True Geology

~ Ignorance is the Cosmic Sin, the One Never Forgiven ~

for background info.
http://warrigalpress.com.au/grule.html
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/tel/index.html
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/tel/nac.html
http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/turcaud.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/bbing/stories/s28534.htm
"True Geology" Foundation Document
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/69327
"Turcaud Bath" as a free gift to Suffering Humanity
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/107947

Greatest Mining Pioneer Of Australia Of All Times
2010-03-30 02:46:27 EST
On Mar 30, 7:54 am, Greatest Mining Pioneer of Australia of all Times
<australia.mining-pion...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> On Mar 30, 7:46 am, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.Jai Maharaj) wrote:

Well done, anyone indulging in animals eating is in fact swaying his
genetic code towards the one of that animal, and the youngest the
fastest the process !

The most important part being the time of conception through which
the
mother should completely abstain from consuming blood-oozing carrion
fed !

( or strict application of Kosher rules which is in fact the
abstention of Hormone containing blood, and Hormone are the signal of
the endocrine system and the endocrine system is the interface to
the
Genetic code with immediate consequences in the case of circumcision
( in fact a genetic manipulation ))

Jean-Paul Turcaud
Australia Mining Pioneer
Discoverer & Legal Owner of Telfer Mine (Australia largest Copper &
Gold Mine)
Nifty (Cu) & Kintyre (U, Th) Mines, all in the Great Sandy Desert
Exploration Geologist & Offshore Consultant
Founder of the True Geology

~ Ignorance is the Cosmic Sin, the One Never Forgiven ~

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2010-03-30 02:58:03 EST
In article <4bb1971a$0$8800$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>,
p*m@hotmail.co.uk posted:

> Kevin Rudd, Full of Himself wrote:
> > harmony wrote:
> >
> >> the aus people need to gain a control of themselves. but then meat
> >> eating may not help there.
> >
> > Yes, cow meat is absolutely delicious!
>
> Meat is very good for you

Shirley you're being sarcastic, for:

Meat Causes Painful Kidney Stones

The calcium lost from our bones due to the excess protein of meat
(see Fact City 12) has to go somewhere after it has served its
purpose in our bloodstream. And so does the calcium we have ingested
but have not been able to absorb due to high phosphorus/calcium
ratios. It all ends up in our urine, producing very high levels of
calcium in the kidney system, and all-too often crystallizing into
kidney stones. This is why kidney stones, the most painful of all
medical emergencies, occur far more frequently in meat-eaters than in
vegetarians.

Additionally, there is a great deal of evidence implicating excessive
protein consumption in the destruction of kidney tissue and the
progressive deterioration of kidney function. Extra protein just
doesn't trickle out of the body. It takes hard work on the part of
the kidneys to get rid of the excess. Many studies have shown that
the higher the protein in the diet, the greater the incidence and the
more severe the cases of kidney hypertrophy and inflammation.

That is why people who have suffered kidney damage or loss are
usually able to preserve their remaining kidney function only if they
are put on a protein restricted diet. Those kidney patiens whose
protein intake is not restricted, and particularly those who continue
to eat meat, show rapid deterioration of their kidneys to the point
where many become dependent ob kidney dialysis machines.

- Robertson, W., "Should Recurrent Calcium Oxalate Stone Formers
Become Vegetarians?" British Journal of Urology, 51:427, 1979

- Coe, F., "Eating Too Much Meat Called Major Cause of Renal
Stones," Internal Medicine News, 12:1, 1979

- Anon., "Urinary Calcium and Dietary Protein" Nutritional Review,
38:19, 1980

- Anon., "Diet and Urinary Calculi" Nutritional Review, 38:74, 1980

- Shah, P., "Dietary Calcium and Idiopathic Hypercalcuria" Lancet,
1:786, 1981

- Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America" Stillpoint Publishing,
1987, pg. 200

- Brenner, B., "Dietary Protein Intake and Progressive Nature of
Kidney Disease . . ." New England Journal of Medicine, 307:652, 1982

- Walser, M., "Nutritional Support in Renal Failure: Future
Directions," Lancet, 1:340, 1983

- Shilling, E., Nutritional Abstracts and Review, 33:114, 1963

- Walser, M., "Does Dietary Therapy Have a Role in the Predialysis
Patient?" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 33:1629, 1980

- McDougall, J., "The McDougall Plan" New Century Publishers, 1983,
pg. 96

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Greatest Mining Pioneer Of Australia Of All Times
2010-03-30 03:05:46 EST
On Mar 30, 8:46 am, Greatest Mining Pioneer of Australia of all Times
<australia.mining-pion...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> On Mar 30, 7:54 am, Greatest Mining Pioneer of Australia of all Times
>
> <australia.mining-pion...@neuf.fr> wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 7:46 am, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.JaiMaharaj) wrote:
>
> Well done, anyone indulging in animals eating is in fact swaying his
> genetic code towards the one of that animal, and the youngest the
> fastest the process !
>
> The most important part being the time of conception through which
> the
> mother should completely abstain from consuming blood-oozing carrion
> fed !
>
> ( or strict application of Kosher rules which is in fact  the
> abstention of Hormone containing blood, and Hormone are the signal of
> the endocrine system and the  endocrine system is the interface to
> the
> Genetic code with immediate consequences in the case of circumcision
> ( in fact a genetic manipulation ))
>
> Jean-Paul Turcaud
> Australia Mining Pioneer
> Discoverer & Legal Owner of Telfer Mine (Australia largest Copper &
> Gold Mine)
> Nifty (Cu) & Kintyre (U, Th) Mines, all in the Great Sandy Desert
> Exploration Geologist & Offshore Consultant
> Founder of the True Geology
>
> ~ Ignorance is the Cosmic Sin, the One Never Forgiven ~

Indeed !
further the implication that excessive meat intake damages the kidneys
is false.
The kidneys are mainly damaged by chemical polluted water aka tap
water
...as to the managing of calcium in the organism, it is directly
related to the 3 physical values of pH, rH2, Rho, something
completely unknown by the official Quacks ' alleged science !