Vegetarian Discussion: Are Charity And Welfare Wrong?

Are Charity And Welfare Wrong?
Posts: 28

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-20 12:31:03 EST
I know both my Christian sympathizers --if any-- and my Liberal
friends may be disappointed by this, but this is the Law of the
Jungle, ie. you must learn HOW TO FISH. Everywhere at National Parks
and Nature Preserves, you see the sign: "DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE!"

Why Conservative Christians and Liberals do so? Well, because higher
up in their hierarchy --the clever foxes-- have determined that's the
easy way to get souls and adepts for their cause...

So here I am, the Wise Tibetan Monkey from the Jungle, saying that the
solution is to have those in need pay back to the Jungle, ie. the
community that needs so many things. Those in need must pick litter or
do some kind of volunteer work before they are given the fish.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
the sheep and vermin multiply"

http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

StuBrooks
2010-03-20 13:17:18 EST
TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote:

> I know both my Christian sympathizers --if any-- and my Liberal
> friends may be disappointed by this, but this is the Law of the
> Jungle, ie. you must learn HOW TO FISH. Everywhere at National Parks
> and Nature Preserves, you see the sign: "DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE!"
>
> Why Conservative Christians and Liberals do so? Well, because higher
> up in their hierarchy --the clever foxes-- have determined that's the
> easy way to get souls and adepts for their cause...
>
> So here I am, the Wise Tibetan Monkey from the Jungle, saying that the
> solution is to have those in need pay back to the Jungle, ie. the
> community that needs so many things. Those in need must pick litter or
> do some kind of volunteer work before they are given the fish.

Just stay in your cage, and throw your shit at the paying customers that
pay to see you eat a Durian.


TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-03-20 19:01:57 EST
On Mar 20, 10:17 am, StuBrooks <DubT...@bass.gov> wrote:


> > So here I am, the Wise Tibetan Monkey from the Jungle, saying that the
> > solution is to have those in need pay back to the Jungle, ie. the
> > community that needs so many things. Those in need must pick litter or
> > do some kind of volunteer work before they are given the fish.

> Just stay in your cage, and throw your shit at the paying customers that
> pay to see you eat a Durian.

That's what I do, "They keep me in the cage, I throw shit at them!"

But I can also share my banana if I like someone...



Giga2
2010-03-21 07:50:47 EST

>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------
>
> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> "Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
> the sheep and vermin multiply"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Heard recently that in Mexico City you can get 'welfare', which is
very low, but as long as you claim it you must turn up for volunteer
work from 6am to 6pm, mainly cleaning streets and public transport.

Columbiaaccidentinvestigation
2010-03-21 09:32:20 EST
On Mar 21, 3:50 am, Giga2 <justho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­-------------------------------
>
> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
> > the sheep and vermin multiply"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Heard recently that in Mexico City you can get 'welfare', which is
> very low, but as long as you claim it you must turn up for volunteer
> work from 6am to 6pm, mainly cleaning streets and public transport.

so you are for a government works program?

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-22 11:04:23 EST
On Mar 20, 10:01 pm, "Green Turtle" <SuperTur...@greenpiece.com>
wrote:
> "TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle"<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:5f0aa276-dcc4-4668-8858-a8cb20735dd0@t41g2000yqt.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > So here I am, the Wise Tibetan Monkey from the Jungle, saying that the
> > solution is to have those in need pay back to the Jungle, ie. the
> > community that needs so many things. Those in need must pick litter or
> > do some kind of volunteer work before they are given the fish.
>
> Will the first problem is you use the word charity, and the use the word
> welfare in the same sentence?
>
> Just a fact of using those terms in the same sentence is already an
> oxymoron. That is the problem here!
>
> Welfare is not an act of charity, welfare is a forcibly decree by government
> to take money away from someone and to give it to someone else. In other
> words to do this, you have to take money away from working people and give
> it to somebody else. This means that those working people will have less for
> their family and not be able to decide if they want to spend the money for
> building a house and to put in a roof over their children. There are people
> who can not afford houses because of taxes. What this means is the
> government is forcibly taking away houses from people.
>
> It's also important to note that this comes does NOT come down to the issue
> of survival of the fittest, and the so sad too bad. In other words there is
> this kind of Keynesian or protestant type of mentality that we run economy
> in a way that simply becomes a survival of the fittest. The so called every
> man scramble for themselves message is a false message of conservatism.
> That's not the message of conservatism, and if you look at the building of
> hospitals, schools, and charity organizations, the vast majority of them
> were built and inspired by conservative Christians who believe in hard work
> and good values. In fact the whole Healthcare System was run by Christians
> out of their charity acts for hundreds and hundreds the years before
> socialized medicine came along. In fact before the church was mostly
> destroyed in England, there were places on the weekend that would even
> provide a free beer with their meals to the poor. The wealth of the nation
> and people was incredible, and you could work very little to provide for
> yourself and your family. Of course once the church as an institution was
> broken up and looted, then a lot of starvation did occur in England, and the
> result was having to bring in a lot of social state care.
>
> So I always like to warn against this false conservatism that loves to
> pollute the message of being against socialism, with that of supposedly
> having to use survival of the fittest for everyone. We most certainly need
> a society in which we help those people that are unable to help themselves.
> That's always been the theme and philosophy of great Christians society's.
> United States, even when you factor out issues of average income rates,
> you'll find that the people of the U.S. are actually the most giving people
> in the world in terms of charity. It is significantly to repeat this: even
> based on income rates, the people give more to charity and give more than
> other nations with people of similar incomes.
>
> The reality of this situation is, that if you're going to forcibly taken
> away money from a family, you have to do it in a very respectful and very
> careful approach. That's why I was appalled here last week when some of the
> left and socialist were trying to defend some of these government junkets
> when these people fly over the seas and spent thousands of dollars per day
> on a trip. This is simply disrespectful of the money and resources are
> taking away from families and people.
>
> Remember after a certain point when the government starts take too much,
> goes beyond simply providing for basic services, it becomes forced
> government theft of your property. A great society will have taxation, but
> a great society will not forcibly take too much money away from people since
> then it becomes enslavement of the people to this big government monster.

Well, I'm sorry to "brake it" to you in case you didn't know. The
former government splurged the money in war and this one is splurging
it in "paths to nowhere!"

(from a local forum)

'My point originally was to solve the problem (the fancy bike path),
but then, in light of their absolute indifference, it became a test of
democracy itself. No, there's no democracy! Whatever they throw at
them, fine! Obama's money is being dumped down the drain in a little
mixed path that goes nowhere!

I talked to a worker there and a landscaping lady there, and both
dismissed me on the ground that everybody was "happy". Well, the happy
sheep are under attack because I remain in the cage and the streets
remain "no man's land." I'm pretty sure I'm tempting censorship, but I
will be talking internationally about the circumstances and events
that put me in the cage. RIP DEMOCRACY!'

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-22 11:06:54 EST
On Mar 21, 4:50 am, Giga2 <justho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­-------------------------------
>
> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
> > the sheep and vermin multiply"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Heard recently that in Mexico City you can get 'welfare', which is
> very low, but as long as you claim it you must turn up for volunteer
> work from 6am to 6pm, mainly cleaning streets and public transport.

I'm glad to hear that, but I wouldn't be so cruel with those poor
souls. 4 hours is bad enough. ;)

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-22 11:07:28 EST
On Mar 21, 6:32 am, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
<*.@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 3:50 am, Giga2 <justho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­­-------------------------------
>
> > > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > > "Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
> > > the sheep and vermin multiply"
>
> > >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> > Heard recently that in Mexico City you can get 'welfare', which is
> > very low, but as long as you claim it you must turn up for volunteer
> > work from 6am to 6pm, mainly cleaning streets and public transport.
>
> so you are for a government works program?

"Theach 'em how to fish," says the saying.

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-22 11:15:49 EST
On Mar 21, 10:13 am, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
<*.@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 8:58 am, "Green Turtle" <SuperTur...@greenpiece.com> wrote:

> > This is not about no government, it's about a government out of control and
> > taking more and more.
>
> > Super Turtle- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> My point was Iraq and Afghanistan two wars simultaneously, which was
> kept off budget by the bush administration by funding through
> emergency supplemental. My question was so when we waged two wars
> (recent history this century), but the American people were not asked
> to sacrifice i guess you felt like you were off the hook.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Those wars were fought on borrowed money from future generations, but
short term political goals were met: GET RICH AT WHATEVER COST!


TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-22 11:23:47 EST
On Mar 21, 10:22 am, Giga2 <justho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 1:32 pm, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
>
>
>
>
>
> <columbiaaccidentinvestigat...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 21, 3:50 am, Giga2 <justho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­­-------------------------------
>
> > > > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > > > "Never feed the wildlife because it creates a dependency and it makes
> > > > the sheep and vermin multiply"
>
> > > >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> > > Heard recently that in Mexico City you can get 'welfare', which is
> > > very low, but as long as you claim it you must turn up for volunteer
> > > work from 6am to 6pm, mainly cleaning streets and public transport.
>
> > so you are for a government works program?
>
> I think that it is all too easy for people to become dependent on
> welfare or charity. We all need help sometimes but equally help can
> having a detrimental effect on our own power to help ourselves. A
> welfare programme should try to strike a balance between these two
> aspects of help, but in the UK it tends to just focus on the side that
> weakens people eventually. This seems to happen a lot with charities
> as well. AFter all the charity, or indeed the welfare department,
> needs the helpees to justify their own existences, they have a vested
> interest in dependency. With specific regard to the Mexico City idea
> one aspect I like is claimants are forced to maintain, for three days
> a week I think, a normal working day. It would get them out of the
> house, away from the TV, away from booze and give them an extra
> incentive to find something better, sooner rather than later, and
> avoid it more in the future. Also cleaning up stuff, I've heard it is
> amazingly clean there because of this programme. I notice here in the
> UK there is a lot of places that could be cleaned up by this kind of
> programme, without any detrement to local businesses. Also they could
> work in sorting recycling and planting trees etc to bring it back to
> the subject of this group.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Thank you! And those who benefit from the DEPENDENCY will not
influence politicians to change the "business as usual" politics. I
know of a housing program for the homeless, where they do get shelter
and food, but the program coordinators drive fancy cars and treat the
homeless as stupid dogs, the same people that make their livelihood
possible.

I guess we will have to learn from a Third World country this time.
Page: 1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron