Vegetarian Discussion: Can Christianity Be Cured By Acupuncture?

Can Christianity Be Cured By Acupuncture?

TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-03-16 20:24:59 EST
"Chinese acupuncture can cure 461 diseases, said an expert with
Chinese Acupuncture Clinic Research Center in north China's Tianjin
city."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2006-10/15/content_708299.htm

If it's a disease, acupuncture can help it. Then when you consider
that obesity, sedentary life, bad diet and church habits go together,
they probably have a cure that alleviates the worst symptoms of
Christianism. In other words, the COUCH POTATO can be treated and the
faith may fade as you recover your health...

'According to a 1998 Purdue University study, "religious people" are
more likely to be overweight than nonreligious people. Baptists weigh
in at the heavy end of weight, Jews and other non-Christians at the
lighter end, with Catholics somewhere in the middle.'

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1141/is_18_40/ai_114368580/

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"It's good to eat the calories, but don't forget to burn them!"

00,Z NB
2010-03-17 01:13:45 EST

March 17 2010

THE Global Atheists Convention in Melbourne last weekend worked a miracle on
me.

I've never felt more like believing in God.

Especially the Christian one.

My near conversion occurred because the convention's speakers managed to
confirm my worst fear.

No, it's not that God may actually exist, and be cross that I doubted.

It's that if the Christian God really is dead, then there's not much to stop
people here from being barbarians.

I'd have hoped that the Atheists Convention's speakers would have reassured
me not just by fine words but finer example that a godless society will
nevertheless be a good one.

But what did they show me instead?

First there was the world's most famous atheist, former Oxford don and
Selfish Gene author Richard Dawkins (above), who smeared Joseph Ratzinger as
the "Pope Nazi" and mocked Family First Senator Steve Fielding as dumber
than an "earthworm". The insult to the Pope is truly vile. As a 14-year-old,
Ratzinger was conscripted by the Nazi regime into the Hitler Youth, then
compulsory for all German boys.

Yet Dawkins was far from the only speaker to unleash the hatred he claimed
Christianity inspired.

ABC Science Show presenter Robyn Williams boasted he could mount "a
devastating argument against religion in two words: 'Senator Fielding"', an
insult which the hooting crowd clapped.

Added Williams: "Richard Dawkins said his IQ is lower than an earthworm, but
I think earthworms are useful."

Rationalist Society president Ian Robinson joined in, asking if there were
any believers in the audience, adding: "OK, I'll speak really slowly."

The fourth speaker, Age columnist Catherine Deveny, saved her worst for the
ABC's Q&A show on Monday, tweeting from the set that fellow panellist Peter
Dutton, the Opposition health spokesman, had "a face of a rapist".

Yes, I know godlessness need not mean good-lessness. I'm agnostic myself,
yet think myself morally serious.

But I'm certain both the Pope and Fielding would feel their Christian faith
prevented them from vilifying Dawkins as his fellow atheists freely vilified
them.

So why do leading atheists, so sure of their superior morality, feel
licensed to be meaner than leading Christians?

Is this what morally superior people do when God has gone?

In that case, bring God back.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_no_faith_in_their_hatred/

Warmest Regards

0zb0n

"In one of the more expensive ironies of history, the expenditure of more

than $US50 billion on research into global warming since 1990 has failed to

demonstrate any human-caused climate trend, let alone a dangerous one."

Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville

00,Z NB
2010-03-17 01:14:06 EST

[...]

2010-03-17 12:21:08 EST
On Mar 17, 3:44 am, e_space <espace1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i dont consider that obesity and going to church are related. how did
> you come to this conclusion, or is this just another example of your
> propensity for spitting out non-factual fantasies? maybe you can get
> accupuncture to help this obvious sickness? ;^-)

Can't you read the actual quotation from it...?

"According to a 1998 Purdue University study, "religious people" are
more likely to be overweight than nonreligious people. Baptists weigh
in at the heavy end of weight, Jews and other non-Christians at the
lighter end, with Catholics somewhere in the middle."

But just use your common sense and see how many fat Christians you
find around, and never trust them...

http://images2.cafepress.com/product/31281442v3_225x225_Front.jpg

TibetanMonkey, Originator Of The Banana Kung-Fu
2010-03-17 12:32:00 EST
On Mar 16, 10:17 pm, "00,Z NB" <0...@nnn.com> wrote:
> March 17 2010
>
> THE Global Atheists Convention in Melbourne last weekend worked a miracle on
> me.
>
> I've never felt more like believing in God.
>
> Especially the Christian one.
>
> My near conversion occurred because the convention's speakers managed to
> confirm my worst fear.
>
> No, it's not that God may actually exist, and be cross that I doubted.
>
> It's that if the Christian God really is dead, then there's not much to stop
> people here from being barbarians.

Just see how the most Christian nation --America-- allows its roads be
ruled by the law of the jungle, denying space to the weak --the
cyclists and pedestrians*-- and how it denies universal healthcare,
and then you'll understand where the Barbarians are found.

*A couple of days ago I witnessed this mother and child running for
their lives while a car blasted the horn at them, at the light! I was
also blasted at the same light before.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

http://webspawner.com/users/donqujote

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-17 13:24:15 EST
On Mar 17, 9:53 am, flying gorilla <ryan.kle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You make a good point. However, its hard to deny the link between
> Christianity and the political right. Sure, I know some Christians who
> vote Democrat, but those trying to push the conservative agenda are
> vocally religious fundamentalists. The bible is sited as justification
> for most of their points, including but not limited to opposing modern
> science, opposing equal rights for homosexuals, controlling a woman's
> body, going to war with Muslim nations, and denying the cause of
> climate change. The relationship between the political right and
> religious right has become so tight that it is nearly impossible to
> see if and when these groups differ. Do religious fundamentalists
> oppose health care reform? You have to know that they are at least
> proudly supporting representatives that do oppose it. Are they being
> duped? Who knows. Can you not imagine a biblical justification for
> opposing health care reform? I can, for sure. It wouldn't be that
> different from a justification for slavery, which I am sure you are
> familiar with.

Yep, it sounds like a strong correlation, perhaps linked by STUPIDITY
as much as EVIL.

But the wolves among them are sure motivated by money.