Vegetarian Discussion: Animal Liberation Front

Animal Liberation Front

Climber
2010-03-10 19:06:04 EST
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/

Thoght provoking.

climber

Chazwin
2010-03-10 19:09:11 EST
On Mar 11, 12:06 am, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> Thoght provoking.
>
> climber

True - pass the spare ribs!

2010-03-11 08:59:08 EST
On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> Thoght provoking.
>
> climber

Yeah, it provokes thoughts like, "what a bunch of idiots."

What amuses me about ALF, ELF, and the anarchist groups is the masks.
Ghandi and MLK didn't wear masks and changed the world. Come out
from behind the masks and grow a pair.

2010-03-11 08:59:20 EST
On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> Thoght provoking.
>
> climber

Yeah, it provokes thoughts like, "what a bunch of idiots."

What amuses me about ALF, ELF, and the anarchist groups is the masks.
Ghandi and MLK didn't wear masks and changed the world. Come out
from behind the masks and grow a pair.

Ta
2010-03-11 11:21:20 EST
On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> Thoght provoking.
>
> climber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aT8GpvC5io

Jack
2010-03-11 16:51:56 EST
On Mar 11, 8:59 am, "cybri...@gmail.com" <cybri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> > Thoght provoking.
>
> > climber
>
> Yeah, it provokes thoughts like, "what a bunch of idiots."
>
> What amuses me about ALF, ELF, and the anarchist groups is the masks.
> Ghandi and MLK didn't wear masks and changed the world.  Come out
> from behind the masks and grow a pair.

Okay but look what happened to MLK.

Jack
2010-03-11 16:58:24 EST
On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> Thoght provoking.
>
> climber

Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
Beagle than to a chicken?

Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
human than to a Beagle?

And isn't it the job of honest thinkers to try to answer these
questions fully and not brush them off?

2010-03-12 08:49:18 EST
On Mar 11, 4:51 pm, Jack <furgfurgj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 8:59 am, "cybri...@gmail.com" <cybri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> > > Thoght provoking.
>
> > > climber
>
> > Yeah, it provokes thoughts like, "what a bunch of idiots."
>
> > What amuses me about ALF, ELF, and the anarchist groups is the masks.
> > Ghandi and MLK didn't wear masks and changed the world.  Come out
> > from behind the masks and grow a pair.
>
> Okay but look what happened to MLK.

True, but his death did more for civil rights than the lives of many.

"Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of
Patriots and Tyrants."
— Thomas Jefferson

Ta
2010-03-12 09:09:07 EST
On Mar 11, 4:58 pm, Jack <furgfurgj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> > Thoght provoking.
>
> > climber
>
> Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
> Beagle than to a chicken?

Because beagles are soft and cute and cuddly and chickens aren't?

> Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
> human than to a Beagle?

Because we humans tend to relate more to creatures of like. Another
human is more like me than a beagle. A beagle is more like me than a
chicken. A chicken is more like me than a snake.

> And isn't it the job of honest thinkers to try to answer these
> questions fully and not brush them off?

Jack
2010-03-12 10:22:36 EST
On Mar 12, 9:09 am, ta <tapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 4:58 pm, Jack <furgfurgj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, climber <coledenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
>
> > > Thoght provoking.
>
> > > climber
>
> > Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
> > Beagle than to a chicken?
>
> Because beagles are soft and cute and cuddly and chickens aren't?
>
> > Why do we consider it more morally reprehensible to be cruel to a
> > human than to a Beagle?
>
> Because we humans tend to relate more to creatures of like. Another
> human is more like me than a beagle. A beagle is more like me than a
> chicken. A chicken is more like me than a snake.

Precisely! Humans even tend to be gentler with other humans more like
them (language, culture, physical appearance).