Vegetarian Discussion: Is Satan Behind Global Warming?

Is Satan Behind Global Warming?

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-08 15:36:14 EST
There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
Warming.

Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.

The equation would be something like:

SATAN = SUV + GLOBAL WARMING

JESUS = RIDING BIKE - WASTE

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Something's cooking"

Coffee In Madrid
2010-03-08 17:17:34 EST
In article
<bb051e23-2b42-4cd7-bb44-c43492718b6f@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
<*m@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
> Warming.

Actually, it is GOD that is warming the planet. The sooner Mother Earth
warms, and rids it of these foolish humans scurrying around, the better.

> Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.

Jesus is just an anagram for the Self.

Or... the "heart" within each man / woman.

He doesn't seem interested in Nature these days... but is more concerned
with the cosmic stock exchange.

Coffee in Vegas

First Post
2010-03-08 17:47:59 EST
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:17:34 GMT, Coffee in Madrid
<*e@eastlink.ca> wrote:

>In article
><bb051e23-2b42-4cd7-bb44-c43492718b6f@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
> TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
> <nolionnoproblem@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
>> Warming.
>
>Actually, it is GOD that is warming the planet. The sooner Mother Earth
>warms, and rids it of these foolish humans scurrying around, the better.

Why? You think you're still going to be around after some great
cataclysm to crow about it?
If you hate and despise human life to the point of wanting to see your
own friends and family die then I might suggest you do yourself and
everyone else a favor and simply put a bullet through your own skull.
It's really hilarious that you fools sit around bitching that
"deniers" are suicidal and must be ignored and silenced yet you are
sitting around hoping and praying for the destruction of the planet as
demonstrated by your own words above.

>> Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.
>
>Jesus is just an anagram for the Self.
>
>Or... the "heart" within each man / woman.
>
>He doesn't seem interested in Nature these days... but is more concerned
>with the cosmic stock exchange.
>
>Coffee in Vegas

Coffee In Madrid
2010-03-08 18:21:29 EST
In article <tcvap55r9po1i6qsrgbrsc6d3a9b5c87sg@4ax.com>,
First Post <last_post@LyingLeftistsare.invalid> wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:17:34 GMT, Coffee in Madrid
> <gdeppe@eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><bb051e23-2b42-4cd7-bb44-c43492718b6f@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
> > TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
> > <nolionnoproblem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
> >> Warming.
> >
> >Actually, it is GOD that is warming the planet. The sooner Mother Earth
> >warms, and rids it of these foolish humans scurrying around, the better.
>
> Why? You think you're still going to be around after some great
> cataclysm to crow about it?
> If you hate and despise human life to the point of wanting to see your
> own friends and family die then I might suggest you do yourself and
> everyone else a favor and simply put a bullet through your own skull.

Why would I want to do that?

Doing SOMETHING about the toxic-atmosphere we have now IS being moral...
with family and friends dude.

Can U spell s a r c a s m?

> It's really hilarious that you fools sit around bitching that
> "deniers" are suicidal and must be ignored and silenced yet you are
> sitting around hoping and praying for the destruction of the planet as
> demonstrated by your own words above.

God doesn't care either way.

Consciousness will always prosper no matter what life forms are left on
earth.

Thing is... we still can turn it around, for us humans. We have time to
do it.

> >He doesn't seem interested in Nature these days... but is more concerned
> >with the cosmic stock exchange.

Coffee in NYC

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-08 18:29:29 EST
On Mar 8, 2:47 pm, First Post <last_p...@LyingLeftistsare.invalid>
wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:17:34 GMT, Coffee in Madrid
>
> <gde...@eastlink.ca> wrote:
> >In article
> ><bb051e23-2b42-4cd7-bb44-c43492718...@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
> > TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
> > <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
> >> Warming.
>
> >Actually, it is GOD that is warming the planet. The sooner Mother Earth
> >warms, and rids it of these foolish humans scurrying around, the better.
>
> Why?  You think you're still going to be around after some great
> cataclysm to crow about it?
> If you hate and despise human life to the point of wanting to see your
> own friends and family die then I might suggest you do yourself and
> everyone else a favor and simply put a bullet through your own skull.
> It's really hilarious that you fools sit around bitching that
> "deniers" are suicidal and must be ignored and silenced yet you are
> sitting around hoping and praying for the destruction of the planet as
> demonstrated by your own words above.

I have a different take: He's saying that we humans are too stupid to
save ourselves and Jesus couldn't care less.

TheTibetanMonkey Showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
2010-03-08 18:33:14 EST
On Mar 8, 3:21 pm, Coffee in Madrid <gde...@eastlink.ca> wrote:
> In article <tcvap55r9po1i6qsrgbrsc6d3a9b5c8...@4ax.com>,
>  First Post <last_p...@LyingLeftistsare.invalid> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:17:34 GMT, Coffee in Madrid
> > <gde...@eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
> > >In article
> > ><bb051e23-2b42-4cd7-bb44-c43492718...@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
> > > TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

> > >Actually, it is GOD that is warming the planet. The sooner Mother Earth
> > >warms, and rids it of these foolish humans scurrying around, the better.
>
> > Why?  You think you're still going to be around after some great
> > cataclysm to crow about it?
> > If you hate and despise human life to the point of wanting to see your
> > own friends and family die then I might suggest you do yourself and
> > everyone else a favor and simply put a bullet through your own skull.
>
> Why would I want to do that?
>
> Doing SOMETHING about the toxic-atmosphere we have now IS being moral...
> with family and friends dude.
>
> Can U spell s a r c a s m?

No, they too serious for that.

> > It's really hilarious that you fools sit around bitching that
> > "deniers" are suicidal and must be ignored and silenced yet you are
> > sitting around hoping and praying for the destruction of the planet as
> > demonstrated by your own words above.
>
> God doesn't care either way.
>
> Consciousness will always prosper no matter what life forms are left on
> earth.
>
> Thing is... we still can turn it around, for us humans. We have time to
> do it.

Maybe Jesus' people are the first ones in denial of Global Warming.

> > >He doesn't seem interested in Nature these days... but is more concerned
> > >with the cosmic stock exchange.
>
> Coffee in NYC- Hide quoted text -

"Cosmic stock exchange" refers to funding NASA but not more earthly
pursuits?

Satan is surely behind NASA and the wasteful wars that require "juicy
contracts." ;)

Hosea Prieto
2010-03-08 21:52:20 EST
TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote:
> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
> Warming.
>
> Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.
>
> The equation would be something like:
>
> SATAN = SUV + GLOBAL WARMING
>
> JESUS = RIDING BIKE - WASTE

There is a Satan, and his is behind anything that breeds confusion,
contempt, strife, infighting, or war.

We need to be better stewards of our earth, that is for sure. But far
and away we need to treat each other better, with respect and tolerance,
and to share the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with others.

Kulin Remailer
2010-03-08 23:35:57 EST
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:52:20 -0800, Hosea Prieto <undisclosed@sender.org> wrote:

>TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote:
>> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
>> Warming.
>>
>> Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.
>>
>> The equation would be something like:
>>
>> SATAN = SUV + GLOBAL WARMING
>>
>> JESUS = RIDING BIKE - WASTE
>
>There is a Satan, and his is behind anything that breeds confusion,
>contempt, strife, infighting, or war.
>
>We need to be better stewards of our earth, that is for sure. But far
>and away we need to treat each other better, with respect and tolerance,
>and to share the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with others.

But your 'share' means pushing a philosophy down others throats. Letting others find
and embrace a religion is much more ethical and holistic than beating a drum and
expecting all others to march to it because they are 'wrong' and you are 'right.'

Hosea Prieto
2010-03-09 00:55:24 EST
Kulin Remailer wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:52:20 -0800, Hosea Prieto <undisclosed@sender.org> wrote:
>
>> TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote:
>>> There's no doubt in my mind: If there's a Satan, he's behind Global
>>> Warming.
>>>
>>> Then Jesus is fighting back by encouraging FRUGALITY.
>>>
>>> The equation would be something like:
>>>
>>> SATAN = SUV + GLOBAL WARMING
>>>
>>> JESUS = RIDING BIKE - WASTE
>> There is a Satan, and his is behind anything that breeds confusion,
>> contempt, strife, infighting, or war.
>>
>> We need to be better stewards of our earth, that is for sure. But far
>> and away we need to treat each other better, with respect and tolerance,
>> and to share the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with others.
>
> But your 'share' means pushing a philosophy down others throats. Letting others find
> and embrace a religion is much more ethical and holistic than beating a drum and
> expecting all others to march to it because they are 'wrong' and you are 'right.'

No push, no force; 'share' merely means 'opportunity'. People are free
to accept or reject the gospel. The hope is that a person accepts or
rejects when they have at least a cursory understanding of the
consequences of either choice, as opposed to rejecting (or accepting)
out of ignorance.

There is a right and there is a wrong. People should make the choice of
what they want to adhere to. There is a lot of confusion and deliberate
mis-information in the world. I'm not trying to be unethical or force
anyone into anything, just advocate that people find the true truth --
it is out there to be found...

Anonymous
2010-03-09 02:42:55 EST
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:55:24 -0800, Hosea Prieto <undisclosed@sender.org> wrote:

>Kulin Remailer wrote:

>>> There is a Satan, and his is behind anything that breeds confusion,
>>> contempt, strife, infighting, or war.
>>>
>>> We need to be better stewards of our earth, that is for sure. But far
>>> and away we need to treat each other better, with respect and tolerance,
>>> and to share the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with others.
>>
>> But your 'share' means pushing a philosophy down others throats. Letting others find
>> and embrace a religion is much more ethical and holistic than beating a drum and
>> expecting all others to march to it because they are 'wrong' and you are 'right.'
>
>No push, no force; 'share' merely means 'opportunity'. People are free
>to accept or reject the gospel. The hope is that a person accepts or
>rejects when they have at least a cursory understanding of the
>consequences of either choice, as opposed to rejecting (or accepting)
>out of ignorance.
>
>There is a right and there is a wrong. People should make the choice of
>what they want to adhere to. There is a lot of confusion and deliberate
>mis-information in the world. I'm not trying to be unethical or force
>anyone into anything, just advocate that people find the true truth --
>it is out there to be found...

That means, if I am understanding you, that you only present the idea then go away
and let the person decide what happens next.

That is VERY different from what happens in my country, where Jehovah Witnesses or
Seventh Day Adventists basically harass potential Christians.

You're saying they don't do that anywhere else? Mine is a special experience?

Do you agree that other religions are valid? That people who don't choose your
religion are not lesser people? That people have a right to disagree with the notion
of Christianity?