Vegetarian Discussion: Rejoice: The Hummer Is History!

Rejoice: The Hummer Is History!

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-02-24 22:51:48 EST
The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
American SUV...

"Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer

WISDOM FROM THE JUNGLE:

"And the dinosaurs suddenly died because they were big and stupid"

Peter Franks
2010-02-24 23:34:35 EST
TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
> The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
> would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
> American SUV...
>
> "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer

> WISDOM FROM THE JUNGLE:
>
> "And the dinosaurs suddenly died because they were big and stupid"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Words of an intolerant.

0 N Z 0 B
2010-02-24 23:46:07 EST

"TheTibetanMonkey" <comandante.banana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
> would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
> American SUV...
>
> "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer

Aww, I was hoping to buy one too!

Warmest Regards

Bon_0

"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
from natural variation."
Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville

First Post
2010-02-24 23:54:29 EST
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:46:07 +1100, "0 N Z 0 B"
<*v@www.com> wrote:

>"TheTibetanMonkey" <comandante.banana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
>> would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
>> American SUV...
>>
>> "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer
>>

>Aww, I was hoping to buy one too!

Not to worry.
Try one of these. they're bigger.
http://www.f650pickups.com/page0009d.html

>Warmest Regards
>
>Bon_0
>
>"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
>US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
>worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
>from natural variation."
>Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-02-25 12:05:11 EST
On Feb 24, 11:54 pm, First Post <last_p...@LyingLeftistsare.invalid>
wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:46:07 +1100, "0      N      Z      0     B"
>
> <v...@www.com> wrote:
>
> >"TheTibetanMonkey" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
> >> would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
> >> American SUV...
>
> >> "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>
> >>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer
>
> >Aww, I was hoping to buy one too!
>
> Not to worry.
> Try one of these. they're bigger.http://www.f650pickups.com/page0009d.html
>

> >Warmest Regards
>
> >Bon_0
>
> >"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
> >US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
> >worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
> >from natural variation."
> >Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville- Hide quoted text -

They beat me in my bicycle, but I beat them with the Plan B that I'm
forced to use: THE MIGHTY BUS!

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-02-25 12:15:09 EST
On Feb 24, 11:46 pm, "0 N Z 0 B" <v...@www.com>
wrote:
> "TheTibetanMonkey" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
> > would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
> > American SUV...
>
> > "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer
>
> Aww, I was hoping to buy one too!
>
> Warmest Regards
>
> Bon_0
>
> "It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
> US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
> worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
> from natural variation."
> Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville

I think it would have displayed Mao's star on it.

Do you know the bumper stickers that say, "We support our troops" are
made in China? Cheap patriotism, isn't it?

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-02-25 12:17:53 EST
On Feb 24, 11:34 pm, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
> TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
> > The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
> > would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
> > American SUV...
>
> > "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer

> > WISDOM FROM THE JUNGLE:
>
> > "And the dinosaurs suddenly died because they were big and stupid"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Words of an intolerant.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, and you are the same people that keep the small car imports from
Europe and elsewhere through rules and regulations.

MONOPOLY so you can sell you junk, huh?

Peter Franks
2010-02-25 14:51:05 EST
TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
> On Feb 24, 11:34 pm, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
>> TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
>>> The symbol of the Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is history. Though it
>>> would have been funny to have seen a Mickey Mouse, Chinese-made, all
>>> American SUV...
>>> "Hummer faces shutdown after Chinese sale collapses"
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_hummer
>>> WISDOM FROM THE JUNGLE:
>>> "And the dinosaurs suddenly died because they were big and stupid"
>>> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>> Words of an intolerant.- Hide quoted text -

> Yeah, and you are the same people that keep the small car imports from
> Europe and elsewhere through rules and regulations.
>
> MONOPOLY so you can sell you junk, huh?

Do you get your news from MAD magazine?

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-02-25 17:20:24 EST
On Feb 25, 11:51 am, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
> TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
> >> Words of an intolerant.- Hide quoted text -

> > Yeah, and you are the same people that keep the small car imports from
> > Europe and elsewhere through rules and regulations.
>
> > MONOPOLY so you can sell you junk, huh?
>
> Do you get your news from MAD magazine?- Hide quoted text -

How long has it been since you've seen a new Fiat, Renault or even
Opel? Have you investigated the "regulations" you must meet in order
to import one? Do you realize the SUVs don't meet the regulation and
are DEADLY to others?

I rest my case.

Peter Franks
2010-02-25 17:34:19 EST
TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
> On Feb 25, 11:51 am, Peter Franks <n...@none.com> wrote:
>> TheTibetanMonkey wrote:
>>> Yeah, and you are the same people that keep the small car imports from
>>> Europe and elsewhere through rules and regulations.
>>> MONOPOLY so you can sell you junk, huh?
>> Do you get your news from MAD magazine?- Hide quoted text -

> How long has it been since you've seen a new Fiat, Renault or even
> Opel? Have you investigated the "regulations" you must meet in order
> to import one? Do you realize the SUVs don't meet the regulation and
> are DEADLY to others?

I saw an Opel on Monday. Fiat and Renault aren't at all competitive in
the US market, and accordingly, sales died. The free market killed
them, not regulation.

What regulations don't SUVs meet, and how are they DEADLY?

> I rest my case.

One can only hope.