Vegetarian Discussion: Climate Change: You Want Me To Bring My Crystal Ball And Tell You The Future?

Climate Change: You Want Me To Bring My Crystal Ball And Tell You The Future?
Posts: 24

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-29 19:09:45 EST
On Jan 29, 9:18 am, "Mavisbeacon" <Mavisbea...@nospam.forme> wrote:

> There are THOUSANDS of academics and qualified scientists ( and that
> petition is ONLY IN THE US) who challance ANTHROPOGENIC global warming. What
> I believe is besiude the point. They present their case. Where do you find
> the flaw in their argument?-

Your argument is so stupid that you don't even seem to be a smart ape,
but a lesser monkey.

EVOLUTION is in the past; CLIMATE CHANGE is in the future, and yet the
signs are everywhere and it's predictably real based on science and
common sense.

You want me to bring my crystal ball and tell you the future?

OK, yes we human are the cause of climate change because there are 7
billion of us (counting the illegal immigrants) and because some of us
are acting like hungry lions in the face of climate catastrophe.

This consultation is free, but next one you will pay for it...


-----------------------------------------------------------

The Wise Monkey comes to tell the future:

"Yes, it is true"

http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Tunderbar
2010-01-29 19:43:29 EST
On Jan 29, 6:09 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 29, 9:18 am, "Mavisbeacon" <Mavisbea...@nospam.forme> wrote:
>
> > There are THOUSANDS of academics and qualified scientists ( and that
> > petition is ONLY IN THE US) who challance ANTHROPOGENIC global warming. What
> > I believe is besiude the point. They present their case. Where do you find
> > the flaw in their argument?-
>
> Your argument is so stupid that you don't even seem to be a smart ape,
> but a lesser monkey.
>
> EVOLUTION is in the past; CLIMATE CHANGE is in the future, and yet the
> signs are everywhere and it's predictably real based on science and
> common sense.
>
> You want me to bring my crystal ball and tell you the future?
>
> OK, yes we human are the cause of climate change because there are 7
> billion of us (counting the illegal immigrants) and because some of us
> are acting like hungry lions in the face of climate catastrophe.
>
> This consultation is free, but next one you will pay for it...
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> The Wise Monkey comes to tell the future:
>
> "Yes, it is true"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

What a fucking idiot...

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-29 21:00:03 EST
On Jan 29, 7:41 pm, "Mavisbeacon" <Mavisbea...@nospam.forme> wrote:

> But what is the difference between what you claim then and "if you dont
> follow the Bible you will go to Hell"?

It seems like we will all go to hell if we don't listen to science.
But you are quite unique among the thinking species who doesn't
believe in science. Kind of natural for the sheep, but not for a
monkey.

You are either as confused or as sneaky snake as the Christians who
dispute science. You said that thousands of scientists don't believe
in it, and yet the overwhelming majority of them do...

Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real

Human-induced global warming is real, according to a recent U.S.
survey based on the opinions of 3,146 scientists. However there
remains divisions between climatologists and scientists from other
areas of earth sciences as to the extent of human responsibility.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/19/eco.globalwarmingsurvey/index.html

Now, the question is NOT "if," but the "degree" of human participation
in it, obviously much more than it needs to be with the kind
participation of America.

And now I turn again to my crystal ball and it tells me: "It doesn't
look good."


TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-29 21:06:19 EST
On Jan 29, 7:43 pm, tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What a fucking idiot...-

Are you monkey or sheep?

Watch these 2 awesome videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hwPl7e7OWU

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-29 21:27:24 EST
On Jan 29, 9:06 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 29, 7:43 pm, tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What a fucking idiot...-
>
> Are you monkey or sheep?
>
> Watch these 2 awesome videos...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hwPl7e7OWU

Sorry, you must watch the second video before you make up your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWHCITW6CM

TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-31 11:33:58 EST
On Jan 31, 10:45 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:42:42 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
>
> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >How many kayaks you got? Don't you wish for a newer motorcycle? How
> >about the sailboat that you had? A lot of labor went into it, and yet
> >it's entirely sustainable!
>
> Two yaks - both cheap and recycled milk jugs. My mc is '81 vintage
> and I don't want a newer one. Sailboats aren't much work.
>
> With my first bike I could pay for a tank of gas, with a quarter and
> get change.
>
> Now if everyone on the planet has a sailboat kayak and motorcycle is
> it "sustainable?"
>
> "Sustainable" is a very tricky concept when talking about the
> environment and population. You still don't get the idea that people
> don't want sustainability?
>
> Like the concept of growth - The US needs to add some 1.5 million jobs
> annually to maintain the status quo and satisfy the growth in
> population. China and India, don't bear thinking about.
>
> The population of the planet doubles every ~47 years, between 40 to 50
> years depending on where you live (that's only a 1-3% increase).
> Demand for drinkable water doubles in ~20 -30 years world wide.
>
> Arable land decreases as populations increase. - Some long dead Roman
> commander made the observation - "Where Rome goes, desert follows."
>
> Wisdom is not a factor of age. Look at GW Bush's appointees. Old
> wise Cheney Rumsfeld Rove and sycophants like Kissinger? They seem
> all that wise to you? The wise old ayatollahs? The wise popes?
>
> The few people that do achieve wisdom, were well along in their teens.
>
> --

I agree mostly with the last part, but those are corrupt individuals
as well as those who resist change because they are afraid of it. I'm
all against a gerontocracy, and we live under one with all those
clueless senior citizens who vote, but still many people are looking
for a path of enlightenment which comes at a later age. It's like sex,
some people never get it, some people get better. Never heard of
Tantra in my youth. ;)

Now for the question of sustainability, doesn't Holland with a very
high population of density and a combination of EDUCATED people, and
BICYCLES offer a hope for the world? Isn't America because it's big,
the land of SUVs and anything SUPERSIZED?

Well, I admire people like you who are so frugal and use older kayaks
or bikes, but I like my fleet to tell this to the world:

"Hey, you may be king at your wasteful game, but I'm king of
frugality."

I hate those stupid monkeys who go around with a junkie Huffy riding
sidewalks. They make us look stupid and low life. We must educate them
to have at least a good bike and be proud of what they do, not be a
survivor of the jungle. And, of course, we must absolutely ban riding
on sidewalks. I think we must be proud of who we are, "Hey, we are VIP
monkeys!"

I have two canoes, one comfortable and compact, the other one large
for having guests, one serious British kayak, and one sit-on-top
double for the beach. The rest I'm selling.

You know, let's talk about this issue:

I THINK WE CAN SAVE A GOOD 33% OF ENERGY WITHOUT EVEN DOING DRAMATIC
LIFESTYLE CHANGES.

Just doing simple things like going to the supermarket on a bike.
That's off the top of my head, but I'm seeing all the waste out there
that could be stopped.


T. Keating
2010-01-31 12:27:54 EST
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:33:58 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
<*a@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>I hate those stupid monkeys who go around with a junkie Huffy riding
>sidewalks. They make us look stupid and low life. We must educate them
>to have at least a good bike and be proud of what they do, not be a
>survivor of the jungle. And, of course, we must absolutely ban riding
>on sidewalks. I think we must be proud of who we are, "Hey, we are VIP
>monkeys!"

I see you haven't had an encounter with a drunk driver or an
untrained, unlicensed, uninsured illegal alien in a SUV. Darwin will
reserve a special award just for you.

I ride on sidewalks, LEGALLY, but only when they are empty and there
is too much and/or high speed/risky(drunks) vehicle traffic on the
adjacent road.

Mountain (all terrain) bikes with suspension systems make riding on
uneven sidewalks a breeze.

I M @ Good Guy
2010-01-31 13:13:22 EST
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:33:58 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
<*a@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jan 31, 10:45 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:42:42 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
>>
>> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >How many kayaks you got? Don't you wish for a newer motorcycle? How
>> >about the sailboat that you had? A lot of labor went into it, and yet
>> >it's entirely sustainable!
>>
>> Two yaks - both cheap and recycled milk jugs. My mc is '81 vintage
>> and I don't want a newer one. Sailboats aren't much work.
>>
>> With my first bike I could pay for a tank of gas, with a quarter and
>> get change.
>>
>> Now if everyone on the planet has a sailboat kayak and motorcycle is
>> it "sustainable?"
>>
>> "Sustainable" is a very tricky concept when talking about the
>> environment and population. You still don't get the idea that people
>> don't want sustainability?
>>
>> Like the concept of growth - The US needs to add some 1.5 million jobs
>> annually to maintain the status quo and satisfy the growth in
>> population. China and India, don't bear thinking about.
>>
>> The population of the planet doubles every ~47 years, between 40 to 50
>> years depending on where you live (that's only a 1-3% increase).
>> Demand for drinkable water doubles in ~20 -30 years world wide.
>>
>> Arable land decreases as populations increase. - Some long dead Roman
>> commander made the observation - "Where Rome goes, desert follows."
>>
>> Wisdom is not a factor of age. Look at GW Bush's appointees. Old
>> wise Cheney Rumsfeld Rove and sycophants like Kissinger? They seem
>> all that wise to you? The wise old ayatollahs? The wise popes?
>>
>> The few people that do achieve wisdom, were well along in their teens.
>>
>> --
>
>I agree mostly with the last part, but those are corrupt individuals
>as well as those who resist change because they are afraid of it. I'm
>all against a gerontocracy, and we live under one with all those
>clueless senior citizens who vote, but still many people are looking
>for a path of enlightenment which comes at a later age. It's like sex,
>some people never get it, some people get better. Never heard of
>Tantra in my youth. ;)
>
>Now for the question of sustainability, doesn't Holland with a very
>high population of density and a combination of EDUCATED people, and
>BICYCLES offer a hope for the world? Isn't America because it's big,
>the land of SUVs and anything SUPERSIZED?
>
>Well, I admire people like you who are so frugal and use older kayaks
>or bikes, but I like my fleet to tell this to the world:
>
>"Hey, you may be king at your wasteful game, but I'm king of
>frugality."
>
>I hate those stupid monkeys who go around with a junkie Huffy riding
>sidewalks. They make us look stupid and low life. We must educate them
>to have at least a good bike and be proud of what they do, not be a
>survivor of the jungle. And, of course, we must absolutely ban riding
>on sidewalks. I think we must be proud of who we are, "Hey, we are VIP
>monkeys!"
>
>I have two canoes, one comfortable and compact, the other one large
>for having guests, one serious British kayak, and one sit-on-top
>double for the beach. The rest I'm selling.
>
>You know, let's talk about this issue:
>
>I THINK WE CAN SAVE A GOOD 33% OF ENERGY WITHOUT EVEN DOING DRAMATIC
>LIFESTYLE CHANGES.
>
>Just doing simple things like going to the supermarket on a bike.
>That's off the top of my head, but I'm seeing all the waste out there
>that could be stopped.

You are asking a lot, Monkey, the supermarket
is 7 miles up the most dangerous road in America,
no sidewalks, traffic goes 70 MPH on a 4 lane road
with no center media, and no side media in some
places, and a bridge and an overpass with no
room for a bicycle lane or sidewalk.

My bones are over 81 years old (82 in China),
and I am very sensitive to pain.

How about if I just buy 3 times as much each
trip, and only go to the supermarket in my gas
guzzler one-third as often?






TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-31 13:21:01 EST
On Jan 31, 12:52 pm, m...@privacy.net wrote:

> TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I THINK WE CAN SAVE A GOOD 33% OF ENERGY WITHOUT EVEN DOING DRAMATIC
> >LIFESTYLE CHANGES.

> As an engineer..... I agree!

> But have little hope

Don't you worry about it. Change is coming soon, one way or another.
The sheep will be awaken out of their complacency. ;)


TheTibetanMonkey
2010-01-31 13:33:10 EST
On Jan 31, 12:27 pm, T. Keating <tkuse...@ktcnslt.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:33:58 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
>
> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I hate those stupid monkeys who go around with a junkie Huffy riding
> >sidewalks. They make us look stupid and low life. We must educate them
> >to have at least a good bike and be proud of what they do, not be a
> >survivor of the jungle. And, of course, we must absolutely ban riding
> >on sidewalks. I think we must be proud of who we are, "Hey, we are VIP
> >monkeys!"
>
> I see you haven't had an encounter with a drunk driver or an
> untrained, unlicensed, uninsured illegal alien in a SUV.   Darwin will
> reserve a special award just for you.
>
> I ride on sidewalks, LEGALLY, but only when they are empty and there
> is too much and/or high speed/risky(drunks) vehicle traffic on the
> adjacent road.
>
> Mountain (all terrain) bikes with suspension systems make riding on
> uneven sidewalks a breeze.

I'm very much aware of the dangers in the jungle (I even call it a
"jungle"), but that single step would make the roads more friendly to
us. Of course, I wouldn't trust the PREDATORS, so I will make sure
that:

a) The bike takes the lane like a vehicle

b) The car leaves the lane 50' before and after the bike

c) Enforce such regulations the way the school zones are enforced

d) Cars speeding on the right lane pay double amount for the ticket

e) The car is at fault in an accident with a bike unless proven
otherwise, like Holland

f) NO CELL PHONES!


WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
Page: 1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron