Vegetarian Discussion: Can Human Apes Even Deal With The Future Despite Ancient Instincts And Drives Pestering Them?

Can Human Apes Even Deal With The Future Despite Ancient Instincts And Drives Pestering Them?

Immortalist
2010-01-04 22:44:01 EST
Never has the world seemed so completely united-in the form of
communication, commerce, and culture-and so savagely torn apart-in the
form of war, financial meltdown, global warming, and even the
migration of diseases.

No matter how much we put our minds to the task of meeting the
challenges of a rapidly globalizing world, the human race seems to
continually come up short, unable to muster the collective mental
resources to truly think globally and act locally.

This disconnect between our vision for the world and our ability to
realize that vision lies in the current state of human consciousness.
The very way our brains are structured disposes us to a way of
feeling, thinking, and acting in the world that is no longer entirely
relevant to the new environments we have created for ourselves.

The human-made environment is rapidly morphing into a global space,
yet our existing modes of consciousness are structured for earlier
eras of history, which are just as quickly fading away. Can we
[refashion?] human consciousness so that human beings can mutually
live and flourish in the new globalizing society.

As the forces of globalization accelerate, deepen, and become ever
more complex, the older faith-based and rational forms of
consciousness are likely to become stressed, and even dangerous, as
they attempt to navigate a world increasingly beyond their reach and
control. These changes may be as profound and far-reaching as when
Enlightenment philosophers upended faith-based consciousness with the
canon of reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Empathic-Civilization-Global-Consciousness-Crisis/dp/1585427659

Recent research deflates the human assumption that animals lack the
characteristics often referred to as humane. Recent animal behavior
studies that challenge the primacy of human logic and put animals on a
closer behavioral footing with humans. Empathy is an instinctual
behavior exhibited by both lab rats and elephants. But it isn't merely
that apes are transactional creatures with a basic understanding of
reciprocity-but to reveal that the idea that humans are naturally
calculating, competitive and violent is grounded in a falsehood
willfully and selfishly perpetuated. Behaving more like our wild
mammalian cousins may just save humanity. Humans are not greedy or
belligerent because animals are; such traits are far from organic or
inevitable but patently manmade.

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empathy-Natures-Lessons-Society/dp/0307407764/

Immortalist
2010-01-04 22:46:16 EST
The Big Irony: Why Modern Men Are Fooled

So men like women who look like blonde bombshells, or Barbie, and
women want to look like them, because each of their key features
(youth, long hair, small waist, large breasts, blonde hair, and blue
eyes) is an indicator of youth and thus of health, reproductive value,
and fertility. There is precise evolutionary logic behind the image of
ideal female beauty. By now, astute readers may have caught on to the
irony of it all. None of what we have said above is true any longer.
Through face-lifts, wigs, liposuction, surgical breast augmentation,
hair dye, and color contact lenses, any woman-regardless of age—can
have many of the key features that define the ideal female beauty.
Very little of Pamela Anderson's appearance is natural. A 40-year-old
woman today can rely on modern technology to continue to look like a
20-year-old woman. Farrah Fawcett at 60 looks better than most
"normal" women half her age.

And men fall for them. As the Savanna Principle suggests, their brains
cannot really comprehend silicone breasts or blonde hair dye, because
these things did not exist in the ancestral environment ten thousand
years ago. Men can cognitively understand that many blonde women with
firm large breasts are not actually 15 years old, but they still find
them attractive because their evolved psychological mechanisms are
fooled by the modern inventions that did not exist in the ancestral
environment.

Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters
>From Dating, Shopping, and Praying to Going to War and Becoming a
Billionaire-Two Evolutionary Psychologists Explain Why We Do What We
Do.
by Alan S. Miller (Author), Satoshi Kanazawa
http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-People-Have-More-Daughters/dp/0399533656

The Savanna Principle is a theory about the evolutionary roots of the
human brain. ...it asserts that the environment that molded the human
brain through natural selection is drastically different than the
world humans currently live in. This disparity between what man was
designed to do and what he currently can do leads to a host of
societal difficulties, according to the theory. For example, ancestors
who craved sugary and fatty foods lived longer and were healthier than
those who didn't, in a time that such things were relatively scarce.
Today, the abundance of such temptations leads to obesity and heart
disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savanna_principle

Rod Speed
2010-01-04 23:29:42 EST
Immortalist wrote:

> Never has the world seemed so completely united-in
> the form of communication, commerce, and culture-

Try telling that to the talibums. Dont be TOO surprised
when they just laugh in your stupid little pig ignorant face.

> and so savagely torn apart-in the form of war,

Odd, could have SWORN we havent actually
had a world war in more than half a century now,

> financial meltdown,

Only for pig ignorant clowns who didnt even noticed that the most
recent one only produced a recession and not a full depression.

> global warming,

You wouldnt know what real savagely torn apart was if it bit you on your lard arse.

> and even the migration of diseases.

You wouldnt know what real savagely torn apart was if it bit you on your lard arse.

> No matter how much we put our minds to the task of meeting the
> challenges of a rapidly globalizing world, the human race seems
> to continually come up short, unable to muster the collective
> mental resources to truly think globally and act locally.

Odd, could have SWORN we do that pretty well compared with how it was
done in the past, most obviously with colonys and imperialism etc etc etc.

> This disconnect between our vision for the world and our ability to
> realize that vision lies in the current state of human consciousness.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> The very way our brains are structured disposes us to a way of
> feeling, thinking, and acting in the world that is no longer entirely
> relevant to the new environments we have created for ourselves.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> The human-made environment is rapidly morphing into a global space,

Meaningless waffle.

> yet our existing modes of consciousness are structured for
> earlier eras of history, which are just as quickly fading away.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> Can we [refashion?] human consciousness so that human beings
> can mutually live and flourish in the new globalizing society.

We're doing that fine.

> As the forces of globalization accelerate, deepen, and become ever
> more complex, the older faith-based and rational forms of
> consciousness are likely to become stressed, and even dangerous, as
> they attempt to navigate a world increasingly beyond their reach and control.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> These changes may be as profound and far-reaching as when Enlightenment
> philosophers upended faith-based consciousness with the canon of reason.

> http://www.amazon.com/Empathic-Civilization-Global-Consciousness-Crisis/dp/1585427659

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

> Recent research deflates the human assumption that animals lack
> the characteristics often referred to as humane. Recent animal
> behavior studies that challenge the primacy of human logic and
> put animals on a closer behavioral footing with humans.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> Empathy is an instinctual behavior exhibited by both lab rats and
> elephants. But it isn't merely that apes are transactional creatures
> with a basic understanding of reciprocity-but to reveal that the idea
> that humans are naturally calculating, competitive and violent is
> grounded in a falsehood willfully and selfishly perpetuated.

More waffle.

> Behaving more like our wild mammalian cousins may just save humanity.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> Humans are not greedy or belligerent because animals are; such
> traits are far from organic or inevitable but patently manmade.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empathy-Natures-Lessons-Society/dp/0307407764/

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Rod Speed
2010-01-05 15:14:35 EST
Immortalist wrote:

> The Big Irony: Why Modern Men Are Fooled

> So men like women who look like blonde bombshells, or Barbie,
> and women want to look like them, because each of their key
> features (youth, long hair, small waist, large breasts, blonde
> hair, and blue eyes) is an indicator of youth and thus of health,
> reproductive value, and fertility.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

Not only do those with brown eyes breed fine, those with fair skin and blonde
hair are at more risk of skin cancer than the swarthy brown haired apes.

> There is precise evolutionary logic behind the image of ideal female beauty.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> By now, astute readers may have caught on to the irony of it all.
> None of what we have said above is true any longer. Through
> face-lifts, wigs, liposuction, surgical breast augmentation, hair
> dye, and color contact lenses, any woman-regardless of age\ufffdcan
> have many of the key features that define the ideal female beauty.
> Very little of Pamela Anderson's appearance is natural. A 40-year-old
> woman today can rely on modern technology to continue to look like
> a 20-year-old woman. Farrah Fawcett at 60 looks better than most
> "normal" women half her age.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> And men fall for them.

Only the fools. The rest of us that actually have a clue ignore those plastic clowns.

> As the Savanna Principle suggests, their brains cannot really comprehend
> silicone breasts or blonde hair dye, because these things did not exist in
> the ancestral environment ten thousand years ago.

Wota terminal fuckwit. Its very far from clear that blonde hair did either, stupid.

> Men can cognitively understand that many blonde women with firm
> large breasts are not actually 15 years old, but they still find them
> attractive because their evolved psychological mechanisms are fooled
> by the modern inventions that did not exist in the ancestralenvironment.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> From Dating, Shopping, and Praying to Going to War and Becoming a
> Billionaire-Two Evolutionary Psychologists Explain Why We Do What We Do.

Nope, just furiously play with their dicks.

> by Alan S. Miller (Author), Satoshi Kanazawa
> http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-People-Have-More-Daughters/dp/0399533656

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

> The Savanna Principle

No such animal.

> is a theory about the evolutionary roots of the human brain.

Its a complete wank in fact. More strictly a very incomplete wank.

> ...it asserts that the environment that molded the
> human brain through natural selection is drastically
> different than the world humans currently live in.

Must be one of those rocket scientist furious wankers.

> This disparity between what man was designed to do and what
> he currently can do leads to a host of societal difficulties, according
> to the theory. For example, ancestors who craved sugary and fatty
> foods lived longer and were healthier than those who didn't,
> in a time that such things were relatively scarce.

Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.

> Today, the abundance of such temptations leads to obesity and heart disease.

Not if you actually have a clue and dont keep shovelling them into your mouth it doesnt.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savanna_principle

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Zzbunker
2010-01-05 22:05:37 EST
On Jan 4, 10:44 pm, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Never has the world seemed so completely united-in the form of
> communication, commerce, and culture-and so savagely torn apart-in the
> form of war, financial meltdown, global warming, and even the
> migration of diseases.

That's why the people who know more about satellites than GM
work on the 21st Century, GPS, Weather Satellites, mp3, mpeg,
Multiplexed Fiber Optics,
Distributed Processing Software, Digital Terrain Mapping, Data
Fusion,
USB, XML, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Post ASCII Transitors, Digital
Books, Laser Disk Libraries,
Holographic Computing, Desktop Publishing, Rapid Prototying, HTDV,
On-Line Publishing,
Blue Ray, Atomic Clock Wristwatches, On-Line Publishing, Self-
Assembling Robots,
Self-Replicating Machines, Cyber Batteries, Home Broadband, UAVs,
Microwave Cooling,
Hybrid-Electric Energy, Pv Cell Energy, Biodiesel, neo Wind Energy,
Compact Flourescent Lighting, and Post Squeegee nomics.

> No matter how much we put our minds to the task of meeting the
> challenges of a rapidly globalizing world, the human race seems to
> continually come up short, unable to muster the collective mental
> resources to truly think globally and act locally.
>
> This disconnect between our vision for the world and our ability to
> realize that vision lies in the current state of human consciousness.
> The very way our brains are structured disposes us to a way of
> feeling, thinking, and acting in the world that is no longer entirely
> relevant to the new environments we have created for ourselves.
>
> The human-made environment is rapidly morphing into a global space,
> yet our existing modes of consciousness are structured for earlier
> eras of history, which are just as quickly fading away. Can we
> [refashion?] human consciousness so that human beings can mutually
> live and flourish in the new globalizing society.
>
> As the forces of globalization accelerate, deepen, and become ever
> more complex, the older faith-based and rational forms of
> consciousness are likely to become stressed, and even dangerous, as
> they attempt to navigate a world increasingly beyond their reach and
> control. These changes may be as profound and far-reaching as when
> Enlightenment philosophers upended faith-based consciousness with the
> canon of reason.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Empathic-Civilization-Global-Consciousness-Cris...
>
> Recent research deflates the human assumption that animals lack the
> characteristics often referred to as humane. Recent animal behavior
> studies that challenge the primacy of human logic and put animals on a
> closer behavioral footing with humans. Empathy is an instinctual
> behavior exhibited by both lab rats and elephants. But it isn't merely
> that apes are transactional creatures with a basic understanding of
> reciprocity-but to reveal that the idea that humans are naturally
> calculating, competitive and violent is grounded in a falsehood
> willfully and selfishly perpetuated. Behaving more like our wild
> mammalian cousins may just save humanity. Humans are not greedy or
> belligerent because animals are; such traits are far from organic or
> inevitable but patently manmade.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empathy-Natures-Lessons-Society/dp/0307407764/

2010-01-06 00:26:10 EST
On Jan 5, 11:44 am, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Never has the world seemed so completely united-in the form of
> communication, commerce, and culture-and so savagely torn apart-in the
> form of war, financial meltdown, global warming, and even the
> migration of diseases.

When has there never been wars somewhere?

The other three are examples of fear mongering. Level 6 pandemic? It
just goes to show that with such communication, it matters little the
veracity of what it bein communicated.

> No matter how much we put our minds to the task of meeting the
> challenges of a rapidly globalizing world, the human race seems to
> continually come up short, unable to muster the collective mental
> resources to truly think globally and act locally.

So the 'polies' would have us believe. The power brokers are acting
globally (multi nationals) by exploiting myths worthy of a cryogenic
mentality, and creating other myths such as H1N1 etc etc etc ...

> This disconnect between our vision for the world and our ability to
> realize that vision lies in the current state of human consciousness.
> The very way our brains are structured disposes us to a way of
> feeling, thinking, and acting in the world that is no longer entirely
> relevant to the new environments we have created for ourselves.
>
> The human-made environment is rapidly morphing into a global space,
> yet our existing modes of consciousness are structured for earlier
> eras of history, which are just as quickly fading away. Can we
> [refashion?] human consciousness so that human beings can mutually
> live and flourish in the new globalizing society.

Depends on what you see as the agenda of the NW Order.

BOfL

Zerkon
2010-01-06 10:19:50 EST
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 19:44:01 -0800, Immortalist wrote:

> Never has the world seemed so completely united-in the form of
> communication, commerce, and culture-and so savagely torn apart-in the
> form of war, financial meltdown, global warming, and even the migration
> of diseases

Never has the US projected its own perspective as being that of the
entire world.

>our existing modes of consciousness are structured for earlier
> eras of history..

Before trying to take on the still intangible "our existing modes of
consciousness" and whatever this might mean better to dwell in commonly
known tangibles like economic and political structure.

> the human race seems to continually come up short, unable to muster the
> collective mental resources to truly think globally and act locally.

Speak for yourself and stay out of the way.

D*@.
2010-01-06 10:29:49 EST
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:44:01 -0800 (PST), Immortalist
<reanimater_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
. . .
>The human-made environment is rapidly morphing into a global space,
>yet our existing modes of consciousness are structured for earlier
>eras of history, which are just as quickly fading away. Can we
>[refashion?] human consciousness so that human beings can mutually
>live and flourish in the new globalizing society.
>
>As the forces of globalization accelerate, deepen, and become ever
>more complex, the older faith-based and rational forms of
>consciousness are likely to become stressed, and even dangerous, as
>they attempt to navigate a world increasingly beyond their reach and
>control. These changes may be as profound and far-reaching as when
>Enlightenment philosophers upended faith-based consciousness with the
>canon of reason.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Empathic-Civilization-Global-Consciousness-Crisis/dp/1585427659

It's already happening. There are domestic animals where once
there was wildlife. Humans are paying attention to keeping
balances of wildlife populations where once they did not. Then
there are those who work against human wildlife management, and
the raising of domesticated animals. Tree huggers and misnomer
huggers concentrate on something that can never be, instead of
what is and what will be. It gets down to cognitive dissonance.
They don't want to accept that their extreme objectives are
unlikely to come about, and wouldn't be like they're thinking of
even if they did.