Vegetarian Discussion: WARNING! VERY BAD 21-DAY VEGAN KICKSTART SCAM

WARNING! VERY BAD 21-DAY VEGAN KICKSTART SCAM
Posts: 63

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Mark Thorson
2009-09-07 21:12:09 EST
"O.pearl" is posting commercial advertisements
in non-commercial discussion newsgroups for
garbage quackery.

NO REPUTABLE COMPANY WOULD SPAM. No honest
organization would risk soiling their reputation
by spamming discussion newsgroups in which
commercial advertisements were forbidden.

This is just additional proof the company cannot
be trusted. It is just a scam to harvest e-mail
addresses.

Spammers cannot be trusted with e-mail addresses.
Cookies downloaded from spammers are particularly
dangerous, because they execute on the victim's
computer. They can track web browsing and even
keystroke entries and report that information to
the spammer without the knowledge of the victim.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO A SPAMMER!

DO NOT ALLOW A SPAM SITE TO DOWNLOAD COOKIES
TO YOUR COMPUTER!

O.pearl
2009-09-07 21:13:32 EST

"Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5AF69.4585436D@sonic.net...

> "O.pearl" is posting commercial advertisements

Liar.

'February 1, 1998
Open Response to Mark Thorson:

After having read countless postings and arguments written by Mark Thorson,
it is disappointing to find that he is not truly looking for answers (as he
has received the answers many times), but is rather attempting to create
fear in people who may be interested in eating blue-green algae.

Mr. Thorson's main argument is that anatoxin-a is a cocaine analog. First of
all, anatoxin-a is a neurotoxin and Super Blue Green Algae has never been
found to contain any neurotoxins. Mr. Thorson knows this but has also
refused to accept this as well as the scientific fact that anatoxin-a is not
a cocaine analog. This demonstrates a lack of scientific expertise, which is
understandable since Thorson is not a medical scientist but an electrician,
as well as his inability to accept what is scientifically accurate. I'll
first provide you with the scientific explanation as to why this is false and
then place this into perspective by comparing his argument to a basic door
key.

As mentioned numerous times, anatoxin-a is an agonist of acetylcholine,
(mimics the action of acetylcholine) the neurotransmitter at the
neuromuscular junction. Cocaine, on the other hand, does not affect
cholinergic (acetylcholine) transmission but is rather known to effect the
catecholaminergic transmission (adrenaline) and to selectively block the
nervous transmission mediating pain. Although cocaine and anatoxin-a share
some structural similarities, they have two totally different actions in the body
(much like glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), two of the main
central neurotransmitters which share structural similarities (both are amino
acids) but have two totally different actions on the nervous system - in the
brain, glutamate is the main stimulatory neurotransmitter whereas GABA is
the main inhibitory neurotransmitter).

To put this into perspective, let's us the analogy of a key. Think of
anatoxin-a as a key that opens the door to your house and cocaine is the key
that opens the door to your car. The keys will look basically similar to
each other in structure yet they will open two very different locks with very
different results.

Thorson's view probably originates from the fact that cocaine can be used as
a substrate to produce synthetic anatoxin-a in a lab. This is similar to
saying that a key may be transformed to open another door by manipulating its
structure (in the same way that cocaine can be made with anatoxin-a) but
without this physical transformation they do totally different things.
However, to continue stating that the energy felt by people eating Super
Blue-Green Algae is due to the presence of a "cocaine analogue" demonstrates
a clear lack of knowledge in neurology and biochemistry. By perpetuating
this claim he demonstrates an unwillingness to accept what is fact and
suggests an intent slanderous to Super Blue Green Algae.

Regarding the Stevens and Krieger assay profusely mentioned by Thomson,
this assay was a PhD thesis on a technique that was never used by other
scientists. It is a very precise assay but also very time consuming and
extremely difficult to perform. The two scientists who developed this assay
no longer have the equipment to perform it and in fact, no laboratory is
currently set up to perform this test. On the other hand, a new assay was
recently developed to measure anatoxin-a with the same sensitivity and
accuracy as the Stevens and Krieger assay, using the well known and
easy to perform ELISA technique.

In addition, Mr. Thomson is well aware that Super Blue Green Algae does not
contain any neurotoxin as he was actually involved with a court case in which
the plaintiff against Cell Tech claimed there were neurotoxins in the algae.
Mr. Thomson is also well aware that the case was dropped because no
neurotoxins whatsoever were ever found after two years of testing by the most
reputable scientists in algal toxicology throughout the world.

Regarding microcystin, it again seems appropriate to remind Mr. Thorson of
the very basic principles of toxicology. Any number of substances can be
toxic; it is simply a matter of concentration. For example:

Example 1. Aflatoxin Aflatoxin is one of the most potent liver toxins and
carcinogens ever documented. It is produced by some strains of Aspergillus
flavus and most strains of Aspergillus parasiticus, two fungi growing on
various crops. More specifically, aflatoxin is known to be associated with
peanuts, cottonseed and corn Now, consider the ramifications of all food
products made from peanuts and corn. Although aflatoxin is known to cause
cancer in animals, the FDA allows low levels of this toxin because it is
considered an "unavoidable contaminant" of these foods. So it is accepted in
certain levels even though according to scientists of the University of
Maryland, "aflatoxins at levels even lower than those listed as guidelines
may cause some undesirable side effects." Deaths and cancer have also been
reported due to exposure to aflatoxin. Despite these known facts on
aflatoxins, microcystin continues to come under fire. This is despite the
fact that not one single health problem has ever been documented to be
related to the presence of minute amounts of microcystin in blue-green algae
products.

Example 2. Shellfish Poisoning Saxitoxins are neurotoxins found in
shellfish. They are produced by species of marine algae which accumulate in
shellfish during blooms, better known as red tides. Saxitoxins block sodium
channels responsible for the propagation of action potentials along neurons.
Depending on the dose, saxitoxins may cause nausea, vomiting, paralysis and
death by respiratory distress. Currently, the action level for shellfish
toxins is 80 µg of toxins per 100 g of shellfish. Over the years and
throughout the world, hundreds of deaths and thousands of cases of
intoxication have been reported Yet, in spite of this, minimum amounts of
neurotoxins are allowed and are even considered non-toxic.

Again, it is not the presence of a substance which is determined as unsafe
but the level of that substance within a product. As for microsystin safe
levels have been established by experts in risk assessment. These risk
assessment evaluations took factors such as lifetime exposure,
susceptibility within the population, possible cancer promoting effects and
many other health concerns into consideration. In summary, the levels
established as safe are indeed safe beyond any doubt. The algae put on the
market by Cell Tech meets these standards and are absolutely safe. Mr.
Thorson's intent to create alarm and public panic regarding the microcystin
issue demonstrates a lack of knowledge or slanderous intent. In light of the
information shared above, the focus on microcystin in blue-green algae
certainly appears to be a vicious obsession. If Mark Thorson is truly
interested in public safety, would it not be much wiser and more meaningful
to address real concerns of public safety such as pesticide residue in food,
hormones, antibiotics and other chemicals in animal products, the ubiquitous
estrogen-mimicking substances, or the epidemic use of antacids which is
literally killing thousands of Americans each year?

Why Mr. Thorson spends so much lime and energy bashing Cell Tech and Super
Blue-Green Algae remains a mystery to me and many other scientists who have
the background to properly interpret the scientific literature. He does not
appear to be interested in discovering the truth since it has been conveyed
to him many times, and out of the court case mentioned above, he knows that
there is no neurotoxin whatsoever present in Super Blue-Green Algae. In
addition, Mr. Thorson makes a concerted and unsolicited effort to track down
and forward his postings to anyone he suspects to be interested or involved
with Super Blue Green Algae. I suppose that this is an unfortunate side to
freedom of speech which, when coupled with the power of the internet, allows
someone to spread erroneous statements in a manner not possible if
information on the net was reviewed by the scientific community

If you have received an unsolicited posting from Mr. Thorson, we would
appreciate letting us know by calling Distributor Services (541)-883-8848 or
by faxing (541)-884-1869 .

Sincerely,

Christian Drapeau, MSc.

Cell Tech, Research and Development

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr 2 2000, 9:00 am

Subject: Retraction of Anatoxin-a Primer

During the last several years, I have from time to time posted to this and
other newsgroups a file of information called "An Anatoxin-a Primer." I now
retract the statements made in the Anatoxin-a Primer.

The Anatoxin-a Primer implied that Super Blue Green Algae from Klamath
Lake, produced by Cell Tech, contains anatoxin-a (a neurotoxin I
characterized as addictive), and that Cell Tech deliberately avoids testing for
this toxin because anatoxin-a is responsible for the effects reported by SBGA
users. I have since been advised that Cell Tech conducts regular tests that
would disclose anatoxin-a, and that this toxin has never been found in Super
Blue Green Algae. I had no basis for the suggestions I made in the
Anatoxin-a Primer, and I hereby retract it in full.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.nutrition/msg/3f44b3e07f6a3bb6

------

LOL!!!!!



O.pearl
2009-09-07 21:22:25 EST

"Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B21E.238332E4@sonic.net...
> "O.pearl" the SPAMMER wrote:
>>
>> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5AF69.4585436D@sonic.net...
>>
>> > "O.pearl" is posting commercial advertisements
>>
>> Liar.
>
> It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement

It's FREE, luny mark robert thorson, despicable spamming liar.



Mark Thorson
2009-09-07 21:23:42 EST
"O.pearl" the SPAMMER wrote:
>
> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5AF69.4585436D@sonic.net...
>
> > "O.pearl" is posting commercial advertisements
>
> Liar.

It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement
to a non-commercial discussion newsgroup. The only
purpose of your original post was to induce innocent
people to give their e-mail addresses to your disreputable
organization. Spammers like you cannot be trusted.
It would be foolish for anybody to give their e-mail
addresses to or download cookies from dishonest people
like you. You cannot be trusted.

O.pearl
2009-09-07 21:31:18 EST

"Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B47E.1DF7CBEE@sonic.net...
> "O.pearl" wrote:
>>
>> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B21E.238332E4@sonic.net...
>> >
>> > It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement
>>
>> It's FREE, luny mark robert thorson, despicable spamming liar.
>
> They are harvesting e-mail addresses.

They're offering a free service to people who want to improve their health.

Damn you're a despicable fool.



Mark Thorson
2009-09-07 21:33:50 EST
"O.pearl" wrote:
>
> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B21E.238332E4@sonic.net...
> >
> > It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement
>
> It's FREE, luny mark robert thorson, despicable spamming liar.

They are harvesting e-mail addresses. In that sense,
it is not free.

If they download cookies, that's much, much worse.
Cookies execute programs on the victim's computer.
They can harvest even more information than an
e-mail address. They can track where you browse
on the Internet, and much more. That's all very
valuable information.

O.pearl
2009-09-07 21:42:43 EST
"Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B750.B6CA3EF@sonic.net...
> "O.pearl" wrote:
>>
>> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B47E.1DF7CBEE@sonic.net...
>> > "O.pearl" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B21E.238332E4@sonic.net...
>> >> >
>> >> > It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement
>> >>
>> >> It's FREE, luny mark robert thorson, despicable spamming liar.
>> >
>> > They are harvesting e-mail addresses.
>>
>> They're offering a free service to people who want to improve their health.
>
> So why don't they put it up on their web site,

It's a three week programme. What the hell's wrong with you, spammer.

Mark Thorson
2009-09-07 21:45:52 EST
"O.pearl" the SPAMMER wrote:
>
> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B47E.1DF7CBEE@sonic.net...
> > "O.pearl" wrote:
> >>
> >> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B21E.238332E4@sonic.net...
> >> >
> >> > It is SPAM when you post a commercial advertisement
> >>
> >> It's FREE, luny mark robert thorson, despicable spamming liar.
> >
> > They are harvesting e-mail addresses.
>
> They're offering a free service to people who want to improve their health.

So why don't they put it up on their web site,
viewable without "registration"?

It's because they need those e-mail addresses
for their scam.
>
> Damn you're a despicable fool.

Just because you say so? I've exposed this scam,
and that makes you very angry. You reply with
insults, rather than addressing the issues I raise.

That's good. Go ahead and remain angry.
As angry as possible for as long as possible.
It might not do you any good, but I find it
mildly pleasant. And it serves a useful purpose.

Mark Thorson
2009-09-07 21:55:56 EST
"O.pearl" wrote:
>
> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B750.B6CA3EF@sonic.net...
> > "O.pearl" wrote:
> >>
> >> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B47E.1DF7CBEE@sonic.net...
> >> >
> >> > They are harvesting e-mail addresses.
> >>
> >> They're offering a free service to people who want to improve their health.
> >
> > So why don't they put it up on their web site,
>
> It's a three week programme. What the hell's wrong with you, spammer.

Do you mean it's too big to be put up on a web site?
It has to be sent by e-mail, for which an e-mail
address will be needed?

There are many on-line blogs which seem to be
able to post daily updates for periods exceeding
3 weeks. How do you suppose they do that?
Many do it without sending any e-mail or asking
for e-mail addresses. They must have some
super-advanced technology unknown to you or
your organization.

Either that, or they aren't running a scam that
requires collecting e-mail addresses.

O.pearl
2009-09-07 21:58:44 EST

"Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B9AC.FB29CA61@sonic.net...
> "O.pearl" wrote:
>>
>> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B750.B6CA3EF@sonic.net...
>> > "O.pearl" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> "Mark Thorson" <nospam@sonic.net> wrote in message news:4AA5B47E.1DF7CBEE@sonic.net...
>> >> >
>> >> > They are harvesting e-mail addresses.
>> >>
>> >> They're offering a free service to people who want to improve their health.
>> >
>> > So why don't they put it up on their web site,
>>
>> It's a three week programme. What the hell's wrong with you, spammer.
>
> Do you mean it's too big to be put up on a web site?
> It has to be sent by e-mail, for which an e-mail
> address will be needed?

If you wish to get regular updates to follow the 21-day programme.

Saying that PCRM are disreputable and running a scam is libellous.

Would have thought that you'd have learned your lesson by now.




Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron