Vegetarian Discussion: The Industrialization Of The Food Supply Through Poisoning And Imitation Additives; Laissez Faire Economic Policies Over Citizen Safety

The Industrialization Of The Food Supply Through Poisoning And Imitation Additives; Laissez Faire Economic Policies Over Citizen Safety

Immortalista
2009-06-20 17:51:37 EST
When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial, we
lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state and
began to eat food processed, prepared, and created to make the most
profit possible -- even at a risk to the eater's health.

Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous pressure on
companies to make money by substituting nutritious, genuine
ingredients with adulterants.

People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted
it.

Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People in
advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies should
not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.

The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.

Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic policies,
repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect the public from
unscrupulous food vendors.

...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era, the
flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to sweeten
wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops made of
flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in the soup
photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...

Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
by Bee Wilson
http://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp/0691138206
http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/

Rod Speed
2009-06-20 18:40:05 EST
Immortalista wrote

> When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial,
> we lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state

Like hell we did.

> and began to eat food processed, prepared,
> and created to make the most profit possible

No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to eat 'processed' food.

If someone is doing that, call the cops.

> -- even at a risk to the eater's health.

Mindlessly superficial. Modern 'processed' food is in fact a hell
of a lot safer in some ways than pre industrialised food was,
most obviously with ergot etc and even the most basic stuff
like we now dont see what used to be seen in prisons etc with
bad food producing some pretty bizarre outcomes likepellagra etc.

> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous
> pressure on companies to make money by substituting
> nutritious, genuine ingredients with adulterants.

Wota pig ignorant wanker.

> People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted it.

It isnt 'good' because of the taste, fool.

> Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People
> in advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies
> should not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.

Mindlessly silly.

> The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
> for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.

Mindlessly silly.

> Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic
> policies, repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect
> the public from unscrupulous food vendors.

> ...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era,

Wota fucking wanker.

> the flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to sweeten
> wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops made of
> flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in the soup
> photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...

> Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
> from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
> by Bee Wilson
> http://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp/0691138206
> http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/

Just another utterly mindless steaming turd.

Immortalist
2009-06-20 19:27:43 EST
On Jun 20, 3:40 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Immortalista wrote
>
> > When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial,
> > we lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state
>
> Like hell we did.
>
> > and began to eat food processed, prepared,
> > and created to make the most profit possible
>
> No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to eat 'processed' food.
>
> If someone is doing that, call the cops.

So in case deception is used to hide some poison for the sake of
profit, it is always ethical to kill your customers if you can get
away with it?

> > -- even at a risk to the eater's health.
>
> Mindlessly superficial. Modern 'processed' food is in fact a hell
> of a lot safer in some ways than pre industrialised food was,
> most obviously with ergot etc and even the most basic stuff
> like we now dont see what used to be seen in prisons etc with
> bad food producing some pretty bizarre outcomes likepellagra etc.
>
> > Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous
> > pressure on companies to make money by substituting
> > nutritious, genuine ingredients with adulterants.
>
> Wota pig ignorant wanker.
>
> > People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted it.
>
> It isnt 'good' because of the taste, fool.
>
> > Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People
> > in advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies
> > should not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.
>
> Mindlessly silly.
>
> > The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
> > for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.
>
> Mindlessly silly.
>
> > Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic
> > policies, repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect
> > the public from unscrupulous food vendors.
> > ...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era,
>
> Wota fucking wanker.
>
> > the flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to sweeten
> > wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops made of
> > flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in the soup
> > photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...
> > Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
> > from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
> > by Bee Wilson
> >http://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp...
> >http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/
>
> Just another utterly mindless steaming turd.

Rod Speed
2009-06-20 20:03:06 EST
Immortalist wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> Immortalista wrote

>>> When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial,
>>> we lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state

>> Like hell we did.

>>> and began to eat food processed, prepared,
>>> and created to make the most profit possible

>> No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to eat 'processed' food.

>> If someone is doing that, call the cops.

> So in case deception is used to hide some poison for the sake of profit,

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

> it is always ethical to kill your customers if you can get away with it?

You'll end up completely blind if you dont watch out.

>>> -- even at a risk to the eater's health.

>> Mindlessly superficial. Modern 'processed' food is in fact a hell
>> of a lot safer in some ways than pre industrialised food was,
>> most obviously with ergot etc and even the most basic stuff
>> like we now dont see what used to be seen in prisons etc with
>> bad food producing some pretty bizarre outcomes likepellagra etc.

>>> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous
>>> pressure on companies to make money by substituting
>>> nutritious, genuine ingredients with adulterants.

>> Wota pig ignorant wanker.

>>> People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted it.

>> It isnt 'good' because of the taste, fool.

>>> Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People
>>> in advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies
>>> should not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.

>> Mindlessly silly.

>>> The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
>>> for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.

>> Mindlessly silly.

>>> Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic
>>> policies, repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect
>>> the public from unscrupulous food vendors.
>>> ...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era,

>> Wota fucking wanker.

>>> the flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to
>>> sweeten wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops
>>> made of flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in
>>> the soup photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...
>>> Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
>>> from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
>>> by Bee Wilson
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp...
>>> http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/

>> Just another utterly mindless steaming turd.

2009-06-21 06:46:35 EST
On Jun 20, 5:51 pm, Immortalista <extro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial, we
> lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state and
> began to eat food processed, prepared, and created to make the most
> profit possible -- even at a risk to the eater's health.

Modern Agribuisness is such a massive ripoff, that's why the people
who
actually know how post 1800 engineering works, let the crank press
and scientists take car of it.
And instead work on Weather Satellites, GPS, Data Fusion. Digital
Terrain Mapping,
UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, Optical Computers,
USB, XML,
C++, Flat Screen Software Debuggers, Full Digital HDTV, Broadband
Communication Systems,
Holographics, Holograms, External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Fiber
Optics,
Electronic Books, On-Line Banking, On-Line Shopping, On-Line
Publishing,
non-exploding Lithium Compounds, Self-Assembling Robots, Self-
Replicating Machines,
Atomic Clock Wristwatches, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave
Cooling, Solar Energy,
Biodiesel, neo Wind Energy, Pv Cell Energy, Blue Ray, Compact
Flourescent Ligthing,
Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors, All-in-One Printers,
Distributed Processing Software,
Self-Assembling Robots, and Self-Replicating Machines.

> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous pressure on
> companies to make money by substituting nutritious, genuine
> ingredients with adulterants.
>
> People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted
> it.
>
> Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People in
> advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies should
> not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.
>
> The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
> for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.
>
> Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic policies,
> repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect the public from
> unscrupulous food vendors.
>
> ...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era, the
> flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to sweeten
> wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops made of
> flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in the soup
> photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...
>
> Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
> from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
> by Bee Wilsonhttp://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp...http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/

Fred
2009-06-21 07:20:50 EST
Immortalista wrote:

> When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial, we
> lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state and
> began to eat food processed, prepared, and created to make the most
> profit possible -- even at a risk to the eater's health.
>
> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous pressure on
> companies to make money by substituting nutritious, genuine
> ingredients with adulterants.
>
> People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted
> it.

That's true. When we grow organic vegetables in our gardens, especially
from heritage seeds it tastes so much better. The economy creates a society
that rewards deception. When it comes down to what we eat, everybody pays
the price.
Thanks for this posting.

--
Peace,
Fred

Michael Gordge
2009-06-21 08:06:46 EST
On Jun 21, 8:27 am, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So in case deception is used to hide some poison for the sake of
> profit, it is always ethical to kill your customers if you can get
> away with it?

Why would anyone want to kill their customers? If ewe haven't watched
it already watch "Thankyou For Smoking"

MG

Michael Gordge
2009-06-21 08:08:56 EST
On Jun 21, 8:20 pm, Fred <f...@fredwilliams.FFFfca> wrote:

>  When it comes down to what we eat, everybody pays
> the price.

And they demand cheaper and cheaper food because ewe dumb commie fucks
steal more and more of their income to pay for laws that forbid people
from living their own lives.

MG

ZerkonXXXX
2009-06-21 09:01:27 EST
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:51:37 -0700, Immortalista wrote:

> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous pressure on
> companies to make money by substituting nutritious, genuine ingredients
> with adulterants.

First 'we' MUST recognize that people are not consumers. This concept
just reinforces the problem, in a way. The human consumes that which is
beneficial to being human. A consumer just consumes. I do not think this
is a trivial point here. At least not on alt.philosophy.

The human has become lost in the insipid metaphor of 'consumer'.

This article speaks to such an important and basic issue that 'we' MUST
start looking at it in as basic a way.

Phil Scott
2009-06-21 18:04:43 EST
On Jun 20, 2:51 pm, Immortalista <extro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When the world moved from a primarily agrarian model to industrial, we
> lost touch with our ability to recognize food in its natural state and
> began to eat food processed, prepared, and created to make the most
> profit possible -- even at a risk to the eater's health.
>
> Consumers and governments must recognize the continuous pressure on
> companies to make money by substituting nutritious, genuine
> ingredients with adulterants.
>
> People cannot even recognize good food because they have never tasted
> it.
>
> Food fraud has always been and will always be with us. People in
> advanced countries with well-established regulatory agencies should
> not be so confident they are, indeed, what they think they eat.
>
> The longer the chain from producer to eater, the more opportunities
> for chicanery, and the more difficult it becomes to detect the fraud.
>
> Some countries enamored with laissez-faire economic policies,
> repeatedly refused to pass laws to protect the public from
> unscrupulous food vendors.
>
> ...contaminated, adulterated, and fake foods in the modern era, the
> flavor of lead salts, so delicious that they were used to sweeten
> wine; the fad for mock food in wartime Britain (mock chops made of
> flour, potato, and onion); Campbell's concealed marbles in the soup
> photographed for advertisements, to make it look thicker...
>
> Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud,
> from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee
> by Bee Wilsonhttp://www.amazon.com/Swindled-History-Poisoned-Counterfeit-Coffee/dp...http://www.treehuggersofamerica.org/

Hah! You have IGNORED the fact that if you eat lot fed beef that you
will grow tits, and your digestive system will be totally imune
from any kind of bacterial infection for LIFE....you have also ignored
the brain preservative effects of processed foods... those cement in
everything
you know... solid.