Vegetarian Discussion: Global Warming Science They Don't Want You To Know

Global Warming Science They Don't Want You To Know

Immortalist
2009-06-18 21:19:43 EST
Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
trajectory of the planet.

Is the weather truly getting worse? When it comes to global warming,
dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear. Why has the news and
information we receive about global warming have become so
apocalyptic? The science itself has become increasingly biased, with
warnings of extreme consequences from global warming becoming the
norm. That bias is then communicated through the media, who focus on
only extreme predictions. There is another side of the story, the
science we aren't being told. The impact of global warming is far less
severe than is generally believed and far from catastrophic.

Climate of Extremes:
Global Warming Science They Don't Want You to Know
by Patrick J. Michaels
http://www.amazon.com/Climate-Extremes-Global-Warming-Science/dp/1933995238

On 19 June, 02:19, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
> and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
> trajectory of the planet.
>
> Is the weather truly getting worse? When it comes to global warming,
> dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear. Why has the news and
> information we receive about global warming have become so
> apocalyptic? The science itself has become increasingly biased, with
> warnings of extreme consequences from global warming becoming the
> norm. That bias is then communicated through the media, who focus on
> only extreme predictions. There is another side of the story, the
> science we aren't being told. The impact of global warming is far less
> severe than is generally believed and far from catastrophic.
>
> Climate of Extremes:
> Global Warming Science They Don't Want You to Know
> by Patrick J. Michaelshttp://www.amazon.com/Climate-Extremes-Global-Warming-Science/dp/1933...

why?

I would guess that thats a matter for business, and its very very
dangerous that some people imagine theres a threat when there
really wasn't one ever! anyways all the best governments know
that if there is any danger like this that they will move all the
local
populations outta that area, don't we?

BOfL
2009-06-19 04:00:56 EST
On Jun 19, 11:19 am, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
> and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
> trajectory of the planet.
>
> Is the weather truly getting worse? When it comes to global warming,
> dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear. Why has the news and
> information we receive about global warming have become so
> apocalyptic? The science itself has become increasingly biased, with
> warnings of extreme consequences from global warming becoming the
> norm. That bias is then communicated through the media, who focus on
> only extreme predictions. There is another side of the story, the
> science we aren't being told. The impact of global warming is far less
> severe than is generally believed and far from catastrophic.
>
> Climate of Extremes:
> Global Warming Science They Don't Want You to Know
> by Patrick J. Michaelshttp://www.amazon.com/Climate-Extremes-Global-Warming-Science/dp/1933...

All part of a 'one world government' conspiracy. Same bs regarding
power generation.

Look how people are willing to give up their rights when dominated by
fear.

What a great 'triple androgen'. Global warming, terrorism and threat
of financial collapse.

And many people still think that Orwell wrote fiction !!!

BOfL

T*@earthlink.net
2009-06-19 08:13:03 EST
On Jun 18, 9:19 pm, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
> and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
> trajectory of the planet.
>
> Is the weather truly getting worse? When it comes to global warming,
> dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear. Why has the news and
> information we receive about global warming have become so
> apocalyptic? The science itself has become increasingly biased, with
> warnings of extreme consequences from global warming becoming the
> norm.

And what evidence is there of that? This is classic propaganda
distortion. The norm in this kind of science is to give a *range* of
possible outcomes, but this propagandist is using deceptive language
to hide that fact. Sure, scientists say that "if BIG X happens, BIG Y
would result", but they are also saying that if little x happens,
little y would result. They are not saying BIG Y is inevitable *or
even likely*.

>That bias is then communicated through the media, who focus on
> only extreme predictions.

Duh. I'm shocked to hear that the media poorly communicate science and
like to be sensational.

> There is another side of the story, the
> science we aren't being told. The impact of global warming is far less
> severe than is generally believed and far from catastrophic.

Uh huh. So the scientists are being sensationalist but this guy
isn't...

-tg

> Climate of Extremes:
> Global Warming Science They Don't Want You to Know
> by Patrick J. Michaelshttp://www.amazon.com/Climate-Extremes-Global-Warming-Science/dp/1933...

Fred
2009-06-19 18:48:21 EST
Immortalist wrote:

> Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
> and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
> trajectory of the planet.

You've invented a new phrase, "temperature trajectory???" Why not speak in
terms that everybody else uses and don't go inventing meaningless crap.
Humans have altered the temperature of the planet, but we have not
significantly altered it's trajectory,... yet. Are you hoping that some
poor misguided fools will think there's a connection between the two?

> Is the weather truly getting worse?

Ask the people from New Orleans who lived through it... or the people who
know that when we were young we used to be able to skate on the rivers from
November through April, and now there might be only 40 or 50 days when we
can do that and it's dangerous even then. The rivers and lakes just don't
freeze over like they used to. Oh, and then there's all the scientists in
the world telling us that, yes, that's what's going on.

> When it comes to global warming,
> dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear.

No we hear lots of idiots shilling for the oil companies spewing for their
lies as well.

> Why has the news and
> information we receive about global warming have become so
> apocalyptic?

Because it's the truth and well we don't need the other stuff because
there's no future in the lies.

--
Peace,
Fred

D*@.
2009-06-22 12:06:12 EST
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:19:43 -0700 (PDT), Immortalist
<reanimater_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Although global warming is real, it does not herald a climate crisis
>and that human beings cannot significantly alter the temperature
>trajectory of the planet.
>
>Is the weather truly getting worse? When it comes to global warming,
>dire predictions seem to be all we see or hear. Why has the news and
>information we receive about global warming have become so
>apocalyptic? The science itself has become increasingly biased, with
>warnings of extreme consequences from global warming becoming the
>norm. That bias is then communicated through the media, who focus on
>only extreme predictions. There is another side of the story, the
>science we aren't being told. The impact of global warming is far less
>severe than is generally believed and far from catastrophic.
>
>Climate of Extremes:
>Global Warming Science They Don't Want You to Know
>by Patrick J. Michaels
>http://www.amazon.com/Climate-Extremes-Global-Warming-Science/dp/1933995238

I've seen several documentaries in which scientists working at the
poles have commented on global warming. They have always said it is
really going on, and show examples of what causes them to believe it.

Day Brown
2009-06-23 08:54:14 EST
dh@. wrote:
> I've seen several documentaries in which scientists working at the
> poles have commented on global warming. They have always said it is
> really going on, and show examples of what causes them to believe it.
Me too. But I also see that nothing we say here has any effect on the
political process, and that politics will not be able to do anything
significant about global warming.

At best, you can vote with your feet to whatever region you think will
be able to best adapt to the changes of global warming. After reading
Diamond's "Collapse" these points come to mind.

1) avoid coastal regions exposed to hurricanes.
2) avoid coniferous forests at risk of fire.
3) avoid areas that need irrigation; the political mismanagement that
cannot enact policy to reduce the rate of global warming is not going to
be able to maintain extensive water systems.
4) prefer a homogeneous population. Those with minorities will have
demagogues arise who scapegoat them, whereas without minorities, people
will have nobody to blame and work for their common interest.
4) prefer a diverse local resource base where the population will have
all it needs to get thru the period of political and economic chaos as
the mismanagement that now contributes to global warming fails to adapt.
a) lots of mixed hardwood forest will have some trees survive the
diseases that emerge with climate change. It'll also provide building
material and firewood.
b) lots of small family farms; they can adapt to weather and market
changes without needing a banker's approval like agribusiness does.

Electing Obama may well have been necessary, but that's not sufficient.
The majority in congress is still run by the group think of lobbyists,
and it will be too late to do anything by the time you can get rid of
their blindsidedness. Its arguably too late already.

Rod Speed
2009-06-23 19:15:38 EST
Day Brown wrote
> dh@. wrote

>> I've seen several documentaries in which scientists working at
>> the poles have commented on global warming. They have always said it
>> is really going on, and show examples of what causes them to believe it.

There is no dispute that its a real effect. What matters is
whether its a MAN MADE effect, because we obviously
cant do anything other than react to it if its natural variation.

> Me too. But I also see that nothing we say here has any effect on the political process,

Or anything else either.

> and that politics will not be able to do anything significant about global warming.

> At best, you can vote with your feet to whatever region you think will be able to best adapt to the changes of global
> warming.

There's no need for most to move at all.

> After reading Diamond's "Collapse" these points come to mind.

> 1) avoid coastal regions exposed to hurricanes.

Or work out how to make your house hurricane proof. It isnt hard to do.

> 2) avoid coniferous forests at risk of fire.

It aint just coniferous forests that matter.

And it isnt hard to make your house fireproof.

> 3) avoid areas that need irrigation; the political mismanagement that cannot enact policy to reduce the rate of global
> warming is not going to be able to maintain extensive water systems.

You dont need extensive water systems if aquifers are available.

> 4) prefer a homogeneous population.

No thanks, those dont do anything like as well as very diverse societys like the US.

> Those with minorities will have demagogues arise who scapegoat them, whereas without minorities, people will have
> nobody to blame and work for their common interest.

Have fun explaining Japan's lost decade.

> 4) prefer a diverse local resource base where the population will have
> all it needs to get thru the period of political and economic chaos as
> the mismanagement that now contributes to global warming fails to
> adapt. a) lots of mixed hardwood forest will have some trees survive
> the diseases that emerge with climate change. It'll also provide
> building material and firewood.

The world's moved on on that shit.

> b) lots of small family farms; they can adapt to weather and market
> changes without needing a banker's approval like agribusiness does.

The world's moved on on that shit in spades.

> Electing Obama may well have been necessary, but that's not
> sufficient. The majority in congress is still run by the group think
> of lobbyists, and it will be too late to do anything by the time you
> can get rid of their blindsidedness. Its arguably too late already.

Yeah, yeah, we're all doomed, eh Hanrahan ?

Fools like you ran the same line during the great depression.

David P.
2009-06-23 22:49:32 EST
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, yeah, we're all doomed, eh Hanrahan ?
>
> Fools like you ran the same line during the great depression.

Said Hanrahan

“We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan
In accents most forlorn
Outside the church ere Mass began
One frosty Sunday morn.

The congregation stood about,
Coat-collars to the ears,
And talked of stock and crops and drought
As it had done for years.

“It’s lookin’ crook,” said Daniel Croke;
“Bedad, it’s cruke, me lad
For never since the banks went broke
Has seasons been so bad.

“It’s dry, all right,” said young O’Neil,
With which astute remark
He squatted down upon his heel
And chewed a piece of bark.

And so around the chorus ran
“It’s keepin’ dry, no doubt.”
“We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,
“Before the year is out.

“The crops are done; ye’ll have your work
To save one bag of grain;
>From here way out to Back-O’-Bourke
They’re singin’ out for rain.

“They’re singin’ out for rain,” he said,
“And all the tanks are dry.”
The congregation scratched its head,
And gazed around the sky.

“There won’t be grass, in any case,
Enough to feed an ass;
There’s not a blade on Casey’s place
As I came down to Mass.”

“If rain don’t come this month,” said Dan,
And cleared his throat to speak –
“We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan, “
If rain don’t come this week.”

A heavy silence seemed to steal
On all at this remark;
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed a piece of bark.

“We want an inch of rain, we do,”
O’Neil observed at last;
But Croke “maintained” we wanted two
To put the danger past.

“If we don’t get three inches, man,
Or four to break this drought,
We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,
“Before the year is out.”

In God’s good time down came the rain;
And all the afternoon
On iron roof and window-pane
It drummed a homely tune.

And through the night it pattered still,
And lightsome, gladsome elves
On dripping spout and window-sill
Kept talking to themselves.

It pelted, pelted all day long,
A-singing at its work,
Till every heart took up the song
Way out to Back-O’-Bourke.

And every creek a banker ran,
And dams filled overtop;
“We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,
“If this rain doesn’t stop.”

And stop it did, in God’s good time:
And spring came in to fold
A mantle o’er the hills sublime
Of green and pink and gold.

And days went by on dancing feet,
With harvest-hopes immense,
And laughing eyes beheld the wheat
Nid-nodding o’er the fence.

And, oh, the smiles on every face,
As happy lad and lass
Through grass knee-deep on Casey’s place
Went riding down to Mass.

While round the church in clothes genteel
Discoursed the men of mark,
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed his piece of bark.

“There’ll be bush-fires for sure, me man,
There will, without a doubt;
We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,
“Before the year is out.”

John O’Brien