Vegetarian Discussion: NO SANCTION FOR COW SLAUGHTER

NO SANCTION FOR COW SLAUGHTER

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2009-06-10 07:29:09 EST
No sanction for cow slaughter

By Maneka Gandhi
Op-Ed
The Pioneer
Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scholars of Islam and Islamic rulers have repeatedly urged Muslims to
desist from cow saughter. The practice must stop

Muzaffer Hussain is a Padma Shri, an eminent Muslim lawyer, a writer
of books like Muslim Manas, Insight in Minoritysm and 12 others. He
has won 13 National Awards. His latest book is Islam and Shakahar
(vegetarianism) which he has sent me.

All through Rampur, Bareilly, Badaun and Aonla, my constituency and
district, cows and bullocks are being killed with a frenzy. They are
taken openly in trucks or walked to slaughterhouses in Bareilly and
Sahaswan. Thousands are killed every day in the most brutal
conditions. I have caught many trucks during my election and everyone
in my constituency has been told that this will no longer be
tolerated. The police of Faridpur get a weekly bribe from the
butchers. The centre of the killing is a village called Bhagvantapur
in Faridpur but no policeman dares enter it because the last one who
did so was beaten and hospitalised.

According to Hussain, there is not a single sura in the holy Quran
that allows the killing of cows or bulls. On the other hand there are
instructions on what humanbeings should eat. There are four verses
which specify fruits for man and promise him fruits in paradise.

The famous Iranian Islamic philosopher and scholar Alghazali ( 1058-
1111 A.D) who established the Islamic Academy of Baghdad says in his
book Ahya ul Deen (Revival of Religious Science): "The meat from
cow's beef is an illness (marz), its milk is pure (safa) which means
good for health and its ghee is a medicine. The cow is like a mother
to all mankind. Everything it gives us is like a blessing to all
human beings. Just as a mother breastfeeds her baby, the cow gives
her milk to the entire humanity. It has been scientifically proved
that cow milk is good for the brain and increases memory power. A
person who is strong in mind will always remember Allah. Therefore,
cow milk is a basic need for the development of mankind. It is a
grave sin to kill such a useful animal that is like a mother
herself... For non-vegeterians there are other options in the meat.
But for humanity's sake, they should sacrifice the very idea of cow
slaughter. It is not only the moral duty of mankind to protect the
cow, but it is the religion of humanity itself to do so."

The Imam of the London-based mosque Shahjahan, Al Hafiz B S Masri,
says, the Quran is totally against cruelty to the cow. In many places
in the holy Quran it is clearly stated that kindness be shown towards
animals and all living organisms in the world.

In his book Protection of Animals in the Islamic World, Al Hafiz
Masri writes it is a matter of shame for the manner in which Muslims
world over slaughter animals in the name of religion.

The holy Quran says, "You are answerable for the smallest harm you
cause to a tiny bird.One who is kind to the smallest living being,
Allah shall ultimately return him the benefit in equal measure in
this world and even beyond it."

Those Muslim invaders , who came to India and stayed on to make it
their home and rule over it, understood that the people of India had
a special veneration for the cow. Hence as a mark of respect towards
their feelings, the rulers prohibited the slaughter of cows.

Babar in Tuzuk-e-Baburi while making a will in favour of his son
Humayun, said that the people of India are very religious minded. You
should respect their sentiments. They are extremely compassionate
towards the cow. Hence do not allow the cow to be sacrificed or
killed anywhere in the limits of the Mughal Empire. The day any
Mughal emperor ignores this will, the common people or the citizenry
shall reject him." Aurangzeb refuted the will and it did not take
long for his downfall.

During this time, Bahadur Shah Zafar's efforts at Hindu-Muslim unity
were immortalized in history.The proclamation of the Mughal Emperor
in honour of the cow became an important document in history.The
royal decree of 28 July 1857 banning cow slaughter reads as follows :

Not only within the Mughal Empire but in every Muslim kingdom and
principality, orders were decreed regarding the cow. Islamic scholars
of different schools of thought have until now issued 117 fatwas
appealing to Muslims not to slaughter cows.

Muslims have set up goshalas (cow-shelters) in many places. Sufi
saints have nurtured cows. In Nagpur one such Muslim saint and his
wife used to run a goshala. Tajjuddin Baba was famous for his
devotion to cows. Urdu poets have written poems in the praise of
cows. If Raskhan is famous in Hindi for this, then the late poet
Mohammad Ismail of Meerut is equally well-known in Urdu. His poetry
is recited by students in Urdu schools and they sing in praise of the
cow.

Please stop this illegal killing in Bareilly, Aonla and Badaun
voluntarily. (gandhim@nic.in)

http://dailypioneer.com/181905/No-sanction-for-cow-slaughter.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Dragonblaze
2009-06-12 19:17:56 EST
On Jun 10, 12:29 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> No sanction for cow slaughter

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
-- Mark Twain

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2009-06-12 20:13:13 EST
It ill becomes us to invoke in our daily prayers the blessings of
God, the Compassionate, if we in turn will not practice elementary
compassion towards our fellow creatures.

Mahatma Gandhi

- - -

Life is life -- whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no
difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a
human conception for man's own advantage.

Shri Aurobindo

- - -

Even in the worm that crawls in the earth there glows a divine spark.
When you slaughter a creature, you slaughter God.

As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can
be no peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and
justice cannot dwell together.

Isaac Bashevis Singer,
Writer, Nobel laureate (1904-1991)

- - -

The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.

Charles Darwin

- - -

A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.

Leo Tolstoy

- - -

The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all
the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile
accidents combined. If beef is your idea of 'real food for real
people,' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital.

Neal D. Barnard, MD, President, Physicians Committee for
Responsible Medicine. Washington, DC

- - -

About 2,000 pounds of grains must be supplied to livestock in order
to produce enough meat and other livestock products to support a
person for a year, whereas 400 pounds of grain eaten directly will
support a person for a year. Thus, a given quantity of grain eaten
directly will feed 5 times as many people as it will if it is eaten
indirectly by humans in the form of livestock products....

M. E. Ensminger, PhD

- - -

Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We
live by the death of others. We are burial places.

Leonardo Da Vinci

- - -

As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed,
he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love.

Pythagoras

- - -

When a man wants to murder a tiger, he calls it sport; when a tiger
wants to murder him, he calls it ferocity.

George Bernard Shaw, writer, Nobel laureate (1856-1950)

- - -

It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely
physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially
influence the lot of mankind.

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the "Universe", a
part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts
and feelings, as something separate from the rest -- a kind of
optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of
prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to
affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free
ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to
embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such
achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation
for inner security.

Albert Einstein

- - -

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace.

Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician,
and musician (Nobel 1952)

- - -

Whenever people say "We mustn't be sentimental," you can take it they
are about to do something cruel. And if they add "We must be
realistic," they mean they are going to make money out of it.

Brigid Brophy

- - -

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

2009-06-12 21:10:07 EST
On Jun 10, 7:29 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> No sanction for cow slaughter
>
> By Maneka Gandhi
> Op-Ed
> The Pioneer
> Wednesday, June 10, 2009
>
> The famous Iranian Islamic philosopher and scholar Alghazali ( 1058-
> 1111 A.D) who established the Islamic Academy of Baghdad says in his
> book Ahya ul Deen (Revival of Religious Science): "The meat from
> cow's beef is an illness (marz), its milk is pure (safa) which means
> good for health and its ghee is a medicine. The cow is like a mother
> to all mankind. Everything it gives us is like a blessing to all
> human beings. Just as a mother breastfeeds her baby, the cow gives
> her milk to the entire humanity. It has been scientifically proved
> that cow milk is good for the brain and increases memory power.

Does it do any more for the brain than goat milk does?

> A person who is strong in mind will always remember Allah. Therefore,
> cow milk is a basic need for the development of mankind. It is a
> grave sin to kill such a useful animal that is like a mother
> herself... For non-vegeterians there are other options in the meat.

Are goats and buffaloes not useful animals? Didn't Gandhi get his milk
from a goat?

> The Imam of the London-based mosque Shahjahan, Al Hafiz B S Masri,
> says, the Quran is totally against cruelty to the cow.

How about cruelty to goats?

> Please stop this illegal killing in Bareilly, Aonla and Badaun
> voluntarily. (gand...@nic.in)

If it's illegal, it doesn't have to be stopped voluntarily; it can be
stopped involuntarily.

> http://dailypioneer.com/181905/No-sanction-for-cow-slaughter.html

Kick RSS Ass
2009-06-13 11:26:37 EST
Jay Stevens Maharaj, aka the jumpin' jackass jyotishithead, wrote:

> It ill becomes us to invoke in our daily prayers the blessings of
> God, the Compassionate, if we in turn will not practice elementary
> compassion towards our fellow creatures.
>
> Mahatma Gandhi

When will the VHP/RSS begin to practice elementary compassion toward all
human beings?

> Life is life -- whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no
> difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a
> human conception for man's own advantage.
>
> Shri Aurobindo

So the VHP runs a campaign to "save the cow", and another to "kill the
Christians".

> Even in the worm that crawls in the earth there glows a divine spark.
> When you slaughter a creature, you slaughter God.
>
> As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can
> be no peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and
> justice cannot dwell together.
>
> Isaac Bashevis Singer,
> Writer, Nobel laureate (1904-1991)

And the VHP/RSS would do well to learn that the slaughter of innocent
people will never bring about peace and harmony.

--
THE NAZI-STYLE HATE-MINORITIES MESSAGE OF THE `RSS BIBLE'

"The foreign races in Hindusthan must either adopt the Hindu culture
and language, must learn to respect and hold in reverence Hindu
religion, must entertain no idea but those of the glorification of the
Hindu race and culture, i.e., of the Hindu nation and must loose their
separate existence to merge in the Hindu race, or may stay in the
country, wholly subordinated to the Hindu Nation, claiming nothing,
deserving no privileges, far less any preferential treatment -- not
even citizen's rights. There is, at least, should be, no other course
for them to adopt. We are an old nation; let us deal, as old nations
ought to and do deal, with the foreign races, who have chosen to live
in our country".

-- Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar's, We or Our Nationhood Defined

Dragonblaze
2009-06-14 07:29:19 EST
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> No sanction for cow slaughter
>
> By Maneka Gandhi
> Op-Ed
> The Pioneer
> Wednesday, June 10, 2009
>
> Scholars of Islam and Islamic rulers have repeatedly urged Muslims to
> desist from cow saughter. The practice must stop

>From the Qur'an:

[6:145] Say, "I do not find in the revelations given to me any food
that is prohibited for any eater except: (1) carrion, (2) running
BLOOD, (3) the meat of pigs, for it is contaminated, and (4) the meat
of animals blasphemously dedicated to other than GOD." If one is
forced (to eat these), without being deliberate or malicious, then
your Lord is FORGIVER, Most Merciful.

I don't see cows being pronounced as forbidden food in this verse...

And some more verses on eating meat from the Qur'an:

[22:30] Those who reverence the rites decreed by GOD have deserved a
good reward at their Lord. All livestock is made lawful for your food,
except for those specifically prohibited for you. You shall avoid the
abomination of idol worship, and avoid bearing false witness.

[5:93] Those who believe and lead a righteous life bear no guilt by
eating any food, so long as they observe the commandments, believe and
lead a righteous life, then maintain their piety and faith, and
continue to observe piety and righteousness. GOD loves the righteous.

[5:3] Prohibited for you are animals that die of themselves, blood,
the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than GOD. (Animals
that die of themselves include those) strangled, struck with an
object, fallen from a height, gored, attacked by a wild animal -
unless you save your animal before it dies - and animals sacrificed on
altars. Also prohibited is dividing the meat through a game of chance;
this is an abomination. Today, the disbelievers have given up
concerning (the eradication of) your religion; do not fear them and
fear Me instead. Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My
blessing upon you, and I have
decreed Submission as the religion for you. If one is forced by famine
(to eat PROHIBITED FOOD), without being deliberately sinful, then GOD
is Forgiver, Merciful.

[6:145] Say, "I do not find in the revelations given to me any food
that is prohibited for any eater except: (1) carrion, (2) running
BLOOD, (3) the meat of pigs, for it is contaminated, and (4) the meat
of animals blasphemously dedicated to other than GOD." If one is
forced (to eat
these), without being deliberate or malicious, then your Lord is
FORGIVER, Most Merciful.

[2:173] He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die of
themselves (without human interference), BLOOD, the meat of pigs, and
animals dedicated to other than GOD. If one is forced (to eat these),
without being malicious or deliberate, he incurs no sin. GOD is
FORGIVER, Most Merciful.

[5:4] They ask you (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say :
( all ) good things are made lawful for you. And those beasts and
birds of prey which you have trained as hounds are trained, you teach
them that which Allah taught you; so eat of that which they catch for
you and mention Allah's name upon it, and observe your duty to Allah.
Surely! Allah is swift to take account.

[6:143.] And of the cattle (He produceth) some for burdens, some for
food. Eat of that which Allah Has grant to you, and follow not the
footsteps of the satan, for surely! he is an open enemy to you.

D*@.
2009-06-15 11:26:08 EST
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:29:09 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or
www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>No sanction for cow slaughter
>
>By Maneka Gandhi
>Op-Ed
>The Pioneer
>Wednesday, June 10, 2009
>
>Scholars of Islam and Islamic rulers have repeatedly urged Muslims to
>desist from cow saughter. The practice must stop

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

D*@.
2009-06-15 11:26:30 EST
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 00:13:13 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or
www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Even in the worm that crawls in the earth there glows a divine spark.
>When you slaughter a creature, you slaughter God.
. . .
>Isaac Bashevis Singer,
>Writer, Nobel laureate (1904-1991)

Genesis 4
3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil
as an offering to the LORD.
4 But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his
flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,
5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain
was very angry, and his face was downcast.

Genesis 9
1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful
and increase in number and fill the earth.
2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the
earth
and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves
along
the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given
into
your hands.
3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I
gave
you the green plants, I now give you everything.
4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.
5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will
demand an accounting from every animal. And from each man, too,
I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man.

Exodus 12
1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt,
2 "This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of
your year.
3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this
month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each
household.
[...]
6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when
all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them
at twilight.
7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides
and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the
lambs.
8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire,
along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.
9 Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over
the fire-head, legs and inner parts.
[...]
14 "This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come
you
shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD -a lasting
ordinance.

Leviticus 1
1 The LORD called to Moses and spoke to him from the Tent of
Meeting.
He said,
2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: `When any of you brings
an
offering to the LORD, bring as your offering an animal from
either
the herd or the flock.
3 "`If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he is to
offer
a male without defect. He must present it at the entrance to the
Tent
of Meeting so that it[1] will be acceptable to the LORD.
4 He is to lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it
will
be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him.
5 He is to slaughter the young bull before the LORD, and then
Aaron's
sons the priests shall bring the blood and sprinkle it against
the
altar on all sides at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting.
6 He is to skin the burnt offering and cut it into pieces.
7 The sons of Aaron the priest are to put fire on the altar and
arrange
wood on the fire.
8 Then Aaron's sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, including
the
head and the fat, on the burning wood that is on the altar.
9 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the
priest
is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an
offering
made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

Leviticus 12
6 " 'When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are
over,
she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of
Meeting a
year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove
for
a sin offering.
7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her,
and
then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood. "
'These are
the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a
girl.
8 If she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two
young
pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin
offering. In this
way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be
clean.' "

Deuteronomy 12
15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your
towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were
gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your
God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean
may eat it.

Deuteronomy 14
4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the
goat,
5 the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex,
the antelope and the mountain sheep.
6 You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and
that chews the cud.
7 However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof
completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the
coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split
hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you.
8 The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does
not
chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their
carcasses.
9 Of all the creatures living in the water, you may eat any that
has
fins and scales.
10 But anything that does not have fins and scales you may not eat;
for you it is unclean.
11 You may eat any clean bird.
12 But these you may not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the black
vulture,
13 the red kite, the black kite, any kind of falcon,
14 any kind of raven,
15 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk,
16 the little owl, the great owl, the white owl,
17 the desert owl, the osprey, the cormorant,
18 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.
19 All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them.
20 But any winged creature that is clean you may eat.
21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an
alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may
sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your
God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

1 Kings 8
5 and King Solomon and the entire assembly of Israel that had
gathered about him were before the ark, sacrificing so many
sheep
and cattle that they could not be recorded or counted.
[...]
63 Solomon offered a sacrifice of fellowship offerings to the LORD:
twenty-two thousand cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand
sheep and goats. So the king and all the Israelites dedicated
the
temple of the LORD.

Mark 7
18 "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing
that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'?
19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and
then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods
"clean.")

Mark 14
12 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, when it
was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples
asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations
for you to eat the Passover?"
13 So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city,
and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him.
14 Say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Teacher asks:
Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my
disciples?'

(refer to Exodus 12 for details about the Passover food)

Luke 2
22 When the time of their purification according to the Law of
Moses had been completed, Joseph and Mary took him to
Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every firstborn male is
to be consecrated to the Lord" ),
24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law
of the Lord: "a pair of doves or two young pigeons."

Luke 24
39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see;
a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.
41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and
amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?"
42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

John 21
4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples
did not realize that it was Jesus.
5 He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No,"
they
answered.
6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you
will
find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in
because of the large number of fish.
[...]
9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with
fish
on it, and some bread.
10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you have just caught."
11 Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full
of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.
12 Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast."

Acts 10
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and
approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal
was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let
down to earth by its four corners.
12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles
of the earth and birds of the air.
13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything
impure or unclean."
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure
that God has made clean."
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken
back
to heaven.

Romans 14
1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on
disputable matters.
2 One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man,
whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who
does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not
condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own
master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is
able
to make him stand.
5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another
man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully
convinced in his own mind.
6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He
who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and
he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to
himself
alone.
8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the
Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he
might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down
on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment
seat.

1 Corinthians 10
25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of
conscience,
26 for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

Holy Bible, NIV
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible