Vegetarian Discussion: Anyone Know Where To Get A Non Leather Baseball Glove?

Anyone Know Where To Get A Non Leather Baseball Glove?

Solarbus
2008-12-22 18:48:35 EST
Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?

thanks

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-22 18:58:15 EST
solarbus wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>
> thanks

The baseballs are covered in horsehide, you know.

Solarbus
2008-12-22 19:17:45 EST
On Dec 22, 6:58 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> solarbus wrote:
> > Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>
> > thanks
>
> The baseballs are covered in horsehide, you know.

Gee, thanks for answering my question!!

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-22 19:54:23 EST
solarbus wrote:
> On Dec 22, 6:58 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> solarbus wrote:
>>> Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>>> thanks
>> The baseballs are covered in horsehide, you know.
>

> Gee, thanks for answering my question!!

Your question indicates ignorance. Your question indicates you think
that if you don't consume animal parts, no animals died for your
"lifestyle". That's false.

Dutch
2008-12-23 01:47:45 EST

"solarbus" <solarbus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>
> thanks

Toys r Us probably. It'll be crap, made in China, it won't last, it won't
fit properly, but it'll satisfy your unfortunate need to impose your "vegan"
nonsense on some poor unsuspecting child.

Pearl
2008-12-23 06:52:38 EST
"solarbus" <solarbus@comcast.net> wrote in message news:845ffbd9-2d57-499b-a5e4-ad66d02558c4@q36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

> Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>
> thanks

Hi solarbus. Synthetic baseball gloves are easy enough to find on the www..

'baseball glove and ball set
\ufffd17.95
A fantastic baseball glove and ball set, which
Comprises of a 1 x 12 inch synthetic baseball glove and 1 x 10 inch
jnr baseball glove. And includes a 9 inch soft-t baseball and mesh bag.
http://www.leisuresportsuk.co.uk/itemview.asp?lastpage=browse.asp&section=22

'Wilson EZ Catch Junior Baseball Glove and Ball
Catagory : Sport products various
Lowest Price \ufffd13.00
FEATURES
This junior leather effect baseball glove features dual effect power,
velcro wrist fastening and webbing for easier catches
It also arrives with a regulation rubber core baseball.
http://www.jellydeal.co.uk/WILSON-wilson-ez-catch-junior-baseball-glove-and-ball.htm

Or ....

'Our materials are stronger and last longer. The man-made microfiber materials,
unique to our gloves, have twice the tear strength of leather. Leather fibers will
stretch, compress, and break down more rapidly. This is why leather gloves
become floppy and end up laying flat without a formed pocket. Man-made
microfibers, by contrast, hold their shape longer without compressing.
..'
http://www.carpentertrade.com/mypitch&catch.html

'MATERIALS

The time for synthetics in professional baseball gloves has come. Each year
more synthetics are being used in parts of Major League gloves. Star players
such as Roger Clemens, Chris Carpenter, and Johan Santana, are opting for
synthetic backs. Welting, lining, and padding are increasingly made with
synthetics by most brands. The newest synthetics are out-performing leather.
Completely synthetic gloves will be an industry standard in the future.

In the past synthetics in gloves meant vinyl, a cheap material that performs
poorly. Today the most technologically advanced man-made leathers available
are microfiber leathers made by ClarinoT. Clarino's T synthetic microfibers
vary from 1/250 to 1/125 the size of a silk yarn. Ten grams of such fiber is
enough to make a trip around the earth. The result is greater suppleness,
greater strength, and reduced weight. Additional features include "memory
retention" allowing a pocket to form, and breathable linings that wick away
perspiration and moisture. Carpenter Trade Company has worked with the
makers of ClarinoT to develop the most advanced performing materials for
baseball gloves today.

Large glove companies have thus far resisted this evolution toward synthetics
primarily due to consumer misconceptions and with the fact that the latest
high-tech synthetics are more expensive than leather. Some major league
players have switched to synthetic versions of the brand-name gloves they
are paid to endorse. Tellingly, while their game-use gloves have synthetics,
the consumer versions of their gloves are all leather. Carpenter gloves are
different. Carpenter Trade Company is proud to be the original and exclusive
maker of the only high-quality, all-synthetic gloves available anywhere. Our
gloves are the only all-synthetic leather gloves ever to be used in professional
baseball.

DETAILED LIST OF MATERIALS
PALM, SHELL, WEB, TRIM: ClarinoT microfiber synthetic leather, some
are suede-like in feel, others have a urethane coating for abrasion resistance
INSIDE LINING: ClarinoT microfiber (standard), nylon tricot (optional)
WELTING: Nylon microfiber
LACE: Nylon cord
THREAD: Nylon
PADDING: Combination of natural wool and synthetic wool padding
(all-synthetic is optional), urethane foam
STAYS: stress-relieved Hi-density polyethylene (HDPE)

ANIMAL LEATHER TODAY:
Leather in gloves 50 years ago held up better and longer than leather used today.
The reason is that cattle raised for slaughter 50 years ago were usually raised
naturally-meaning they roamed in open fields, ate grass, and were slaughtered
at a mature age (about 5 years). Today's leather usually comes from factory-
farmed cattle. These animals are confined to feed lots where they don't build
muscle or thick hides. They are fed unnatural, fattening diets of grains
supplemented with growth hormones. They go to slaughter at a young age
(about 14 months). The resulting leather is inferior. While animal leathers have
gotten worse, man-made leathers are always advancing.

FOR THE CRUELTY-FREE CONSCIOUS:
We use synthetics based on their performance; nevertheless, some of our
customers are drawn to us for the simple fact that our gloves have never been
made with animal leathers. Some web sources advertise "vegan" gloves which
are actually cheap imported vinyl gloves made with leather laces and wool.
While our gloves never use leather we do use wool for padding. Those wanting
absolutely no animal materials can request all-synthetic padding from us; such
gloves are the only vegan gloves available anywhere.

HOW TO CLEAN, STORE, AND BREAK-IN
Break-In: Do NOT use any liquids or heat to break in synthetic materials. The
best method is to play lots of catch. You can also pound in the pocket using
your throwing hand while wearing it, or throw a ball into it, or use the end of
a bat like a mallet. The materials will slowly form over time while keeping their
strength. Also, follow directions for storing to help shape the glove, even if
you're just storing it overnight.

Storing: For smaller gloves, put two baseballs into the pocket and web. For
bigger gloves, use one softball and one baseball. Close the glove with a rubber
band on the top of the glove over the thumb, web, and fingers.

Cleaning: Clean off dirt using a scrub brush or toothbrush. Use water and, if
helpful, a small amount of liquid cleaning agent (like dish cleaner) to wipe the
glove clean. Do not drench the glove or allow water to soak into the padding.

http://www.carpentertrade.com/material.html

'AGE "Youth sized" gloves (10.75 inches) are proportioned for smaller hands
and generally fit well for ages 10 and under.
..'
http://www.carpentertrade.com/choosingaglove.html

'Standard flat rate for all glove sizes is $280, plus $9 for shipping ($289 total).
..'
http://www.carpentertrade.com/ordering.html

Season's Greetings!

D*@.
2008-12-23 16:38:02 EST
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:17:45 -0800 (PST), solarbus <solarbus@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Dec 22, 6:58 pm, Goo wrote:
>> solarbus wrote:
>> > Does anyone know where to get a kid's size non-leather baseball glove?
>>
>> > thanks
>>
>> The baseballs are covered in horsehide, you know.
>

>Gee, thanks for answering my question!!

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised