Vegetarian Discussion: Are You *sure* You Don't Remember Transmitting This Message, Derek?

Are You *sure* You Don't Remember Transmitting This Message, Derek?
Posts: 9

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Rupert
2008-12-11 19:07:21 EST
I swear to God, Derek, I am not going to stop laughing all day. What a
great way to end the week. Hands up who believes I'm lying. Anyone?
Ball will probably come forward. That will make it even more funny.

This message was transmitted to my Yahoo account from
u*l@gmail.com on 14 March, 2007 at 11.18 a.m.

-- Begin message

> On 14/03/07, Rupert McCallum <rupertmccallum@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> All right, thanks for that.

And thank you for not taking any offence at my somewhat brusque
response. My delivery often comes across as discourteously blunt, even
though my intention is to be agreeable and civil, and this failing of
mine often gets me into quite a lot of trouble. Often, as a thread
progresses my opposing participant becomes aggressive, and it's only
when I read back over the thread that I realise the fault is mine.
I've tried working on my delivery to soften it, but, alas, those
efforts often get cast aside when I try driving my points home to
those who seem unwilling to receive them.

> I'll have a think about what you say and
> post my thoughts on the matter in alt.activism, in the thread "Two
> myths of homelessness."

I'll add the group to my news reader. Please, may I take this
opportunity to remark on your marvellous contribution to the
animal-related groups since your arrival there? Your knowledge on the
subjects being discussed there is undeniably vast and wide, and I must
say that the calm, methodical way in which you deal with the
antagonists against the proposition of animal rights is enviable as
well as indomitable.
Derek.

-- End message

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-11 19:44:01 EST
Rupert wrote:
> make it even more funny.

Funnier; not "more funny".

Rupert
2008-12-11 20:20:01 EST
On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > make it even more funny.
>
> Funnier; not "more funny".

I don't believe that one is more correct than the other; have you got
some kind of quotation from a style guide to back that up?

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-11 20:23:54 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> make it even more funny.
>> Funnier; not "more funny".
>
> I don't believe that one is more correct than the other

Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.

Rupert
2008-12-11 20:27:32 EST
On Dec 12, 9:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >> Rupert wrote:
> >>> make it even more funny.
> >> Funnier; not "more funny".
>
> > I don't believe that one is more correct than the other
>
> Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.

As with the rest of humanity. Gee, Rudy, what a profound observation.

Are you going to make an attempt at substantiating your claim, or are
just going to keep drooling all over your shirt?

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-11 20:33:08 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Dec 12, 9:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>>>> Rupert wrote:
>>>>> make it even more funny.
>>>> Funnier; not "more funny".
>>> I don't believe that one is more correct than the other
>> Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.
>
> As with the rest of humanity.

Much higher rate with you - in fact, an hourly occurrence.

Rupert
2008-12-11 21:21:05 EST
On Dec 12, 9:33 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 9:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >> Rupert wrote:
> >>> On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >>>> Rupert wrote:
> >>>>> make it even more funny.
> >>>> Funnier; not "more funny".
> >>> I don't believe that one is more correct than the other
> >> Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.
>
> > As with the rest of humanity.
>
> Much higher rate with you - in fact, an hourly occurrence.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Rudy Canoza
2008-12-11 23:26:37 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Dec 12, 9:33 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> On Dec 12, 9:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>>>> Rupert wrote:
>>>>> On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>>>>>> Rupert wrote:
>>>>>>> make it even more funny.
>>>>>> Funnier; not "more funny".
>>>>> I don't believe that one is more correct than the other
>>>> Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.
>>> As with the rest of humanity.
>> Much higher rate with you - in fact, an hourly occurrence.
>
> How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Careful observation.

Rupert
2008-12-11 23:27:20 EST
On Dec 12, 12:26 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > On Dec 12, 9:33 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >> Rupert wrote:
> >>> On Dec 12, 9:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >>>> Rupert wrote:
> >>>>> On Dec 12, 8:44 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> >>>>>> Rupert wrote:
> >>>>>>> make it even more funny.
> >>>>>> Funnier; not "more funny".
> >>>>> I don't believe that one is more correct than the other
> >>>> Your beliefs, and reality, often diverge.
> >>> As with the rest of humanity.
> >> Much higher rate with you - in fact, an hourly occurrence.
>
> > How did you arrive at that conclusion?
>
> Careful observation.

Where are your data?
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron