Vegetarian Discussion: Major Chicken Fraud With Belgian Labels

Major Chicken Fraud With Belgian Labels

Bill Tong
2008-09-10 03:25:03 EST
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud

Major chicken fraud with Belgian labels

Tue 09/09/08 11:56 - Belgian and Ukrainian judicial authorities are
investigating a case of major fraud involving chicken meat. The meat
is not suitable for consumption. At the Polish border with Ukraine 32
lorries were stopped. A total of 1,400 tons of meat were seized,
bearing false Belgian quality control certificates.

The case came to the attention of the authorities some time ago when
the Ukrainian authorities intercepted a transport of chicken. The meat
bore Belgian quality control certificates. The customs officials
suspected fraud and alerted the authorities in Belgium as well.

Detectives from the Belgian Department of Justice and the Food Agency
went to Ukraine to investigate.

Four companies in West Europe, one from Belgium, have come under
suspicion. The Belgian company denies any involvement in the swindle.

The chicken meat was not suitable for human consumption. The
authorities think it might be meat that was frozen during the dioxin
crisis in Belgium (end of the 1990s).

The meat was allegedly to be processed in Ukraine into hamburger meat,
sausages and pita meat and then brought back on to the European
market. The contaminated meat has already been worked into animal
fodder.

In Ukraine the authorities are trying to track down the ring leader
of the swindle. The man has allegedly fled from the authorities.

Runge12
2008-09-10 15:39:46 EST
Beware of that sort of crosspost by the notorious newpoort guy

"Bill Tong" <michaelnewport@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud
>
> Major chicken fraud with Belgian labels
>
> Tue 09/09/08 11:56 - Belgian and Ukrainian judicial authorities are
> investigating a case of major fraud involving chicken meat. The meat
> is not suitable for consumption. At the Polish border with Ukraine 32
> lorries were stopped. A total of 1,400 tons of meat were seized,
> bearing false Belgian quality control certificates.
>
> The case came to the attention of the authorities some time ago when
> the Ukrainian authorities intercepted a transport of chicken. The meat
> bore Belgian quality control certificates. The customs officials
> suspected fraud and alerted the authorities in Belgium as well.
>
> Detectives from the Belgian Department of Justice and the Food Agency
> went to Ukraine to investigate.
>
> Four companies in West Europe, one from Belgium, have come under
> suspicion. The Belgian company denies any involvement in the swindle.
>
> The chicken meat was not suitable for human consumption. The
> authorities think it might be meat that was frozen during the dioxin
> crisis in Belgium (end of the 1990s).
>
> The meat was allegedly to be processed in Ukraine into hamburger meat,
> sausages and pita meat and then brought back on to the European
> market. The contaminated meat has already been worked into animal
> fodder.
>
> In Ukraine the authorities are trying to track down the ring leader
> of the swindle. The man has allegedly fled from the authorities.

Gregory Morrow
2008-09-10 16:10:43 EST

Bill Tong wrote:

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud

> Major chicken fraud with Belgian labels
>
> Tue 09/09/08 11:56 - Belgian and Ukrainian judicial authorities are
> investigating a case of major fraud involving chicken meat. The meat
> is not suitable for consumption. At the Polish border with Ukraine 32
> lorries were stopped. A total of 1,400 tons of meat were seized,
> bearing false Belgian quality control certificates.
>
> The case came to the attention of the authorities some time ago when
> the Ukrainian authorities intercepted a transport of chicken. The meat
> bore Belgian quality control certificates. The customs officials
> suspected fraud and alerted the authorities in Belgium as well.
>
> Detectives from the Belgian Department of Justice and the Food Agency
> went to Ukraine to investigate.
>
> Four companies in West Europe, one from Belgium, have come under
> suspicion. The Belgian company denies any involvement in the swindle.
>
> The chicken meat was not suitable for human consumption. The
> authorities think it might be meat that was frozen during the dioxin
> crisis in Belgium (end of the 1990s).
>
> The meat was allegedly to be processed in Ukraine into hamburger meat,
> sausages and pita meat and then brought back on to the European
> market. The contaminated meat has already been worked into animal
> fodder.
>
> In Ukraine the authorities are trying to track down the ring leader
> of the swindle. The man has allegedly fled from the authorities.

Let's fix 'Runge' a nice chicken dinner...maybe the frog will croak...!!!

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Gerrit
2008-09-10 22:35:47 EST

"Gregory Morrow" <SneckoryMorrow@sneckorymorrow.com> wrote in message

SNIP

> Let's fix 'Runge' a nice chicken dinner...maybe the frog will croak...!!!

I thought we all wanted to frog to stop croaking. :-)

Gerrit (who is well aware of the term "to croak" as in "kicking the bucket")

Runge12
2008-09-11 14:54:11 EST

"Gerrit" <gthart@sadforyou.au> a écrit dans le message de

> "Gregory Morrow" <SneckoryMorrow@sneckorymorrow.com> wrote in message
>>
> SNIP
>>

>> Let's fix 'Runge' a nice chicken dinner...maybe the frog will croak...!!!
>>

> I thought we all wanted to frog to stop croaking. :-)
>

> Gerrit (who is well aware of the term "to croak" as in "kicking the
> bucket")

Bill Tong
2008-09-11 15:13:14 EST
On 11 Sep, 04:35, "Gerrit" <gth...@sadforyou.au> wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" <SneckoryMor...@sneckorymorrow.com> wrote in message

> SNIP
>
> > Let's fix 'Runge' a nice chicken dinner...maybe the frog will croak...!!!
>
> I thought we all wanted to frog to stop croaking. :-)
>
> Gerrit (who is well aware of the term "to croak" as in "kicking the bucket")

perhaps the frog would pop his clogs....

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-12 18:05:49 EST
On Sep 10, 12:25 am, Bill Tong <michaelnewp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud
>
> Major chicken fried with Belgian waffles

In Los Angeles, Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles serves damned
good food.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roscoe%27s_House_of_Chicken_and_Waffles

Bill Tong
2008-09-13 02:17:04 EST
On 13 Sep, 00:05, Rudy Canoza <notgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 12:25 am, Bill Tong <michaelnewp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud
>
> > Major chicken fried with Belgian waffles
>
> In Los Angeles, Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles serves damned
> good food.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roscoe%27s_House_of_Chicken_and_Waffles

...bucket....

Runge12
2008-09-13 04:34:01 EST
you just jump into it and go back under the bed where you belong

On 13 Sep, 00:05, Rudy Canoza <notgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 12:25 am, Bill Tong <michaelnewp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/080909_chickenfraud
>
> > Major chicken fried with Belgian waffles
>
> In Los Angeles, Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles serves damned
> good
> food.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roscoe%27s_House_of_Chicken_and_Waffles

...bucket....

D*@.
2008-09-14 08:11:27 EST
· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised