Vegetarian Discussion: Explain This Whole China Thing To Me, Ball

Explain This Whole China Thing To Me, Ball

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Rupert
2008-09-01 16:35:35 EST
So, Ball, you say that working for a company which educates young
Chinese people who want to go to a British university, and who may
very well end up working in a country other than China, is somehow
"supporting a totalitarian regime". It's not the taxes you're worried
about.

In that case is it not correct that you are supporting a government
which uses torture and has illegally invaded a sovereign country?
You're telling me it's just too damn *hard* for you to stop working in
the United States, with your high income?

Explain your dazzling moral insights to me, Ball.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-03 02:09:36 EST
Rupert wrote:
> So, Rudy, you say that working for a company

...a state supported company...

> which educates young
> Chinese people who want to go to a British university, and who may
> very well end up working in a country other than China,

Empty conjecture.

> is somehow
> "supporting a totalitarian regime".

It is.

Rupert
2008-09-03 04:13:54 EST
On Sep 2, 11:09 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > So, Rudy, you say that working for a company
>
> ...a state supported company...
>
> > which educates young
> > Chinese people who want to go to a British university, and who may
> > very well end up working in a country other than China,
>
> Empty conjecture.

Not really, because when the students of last year had their end-of-
year ceremony we had a representative of British industry come to them
and talk about the challenges of working in a country with a different
culture.

> > is somehow
> > "supporting a totalitarian regime".
>
> It is.

Well, I don't think so, Ball, but I guess if it is then you are
supporting a government which uses torture and has illegally invaded
two sovereign countries. Perhaps there is some reason why you're
morally entitled to do that and I'm not morally entitled to keep
working in China in order to continue my romantic relationship, I'd be
interested in further elaboration on that.

I also confess to some curiosity about what I would do if Jonathan
Ball were my moral guru. Do you contend that I have an obligation to
send off my email of resignation right now, or am I morally entitled
to spend a bit of time looking for other jobs? What about the
contractual obligation to give one month's notice, should I honor that?

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-03 12:21:03 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Sep 2, 11:09 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> So, Rudy, you say that working for a company
>> ...a state supported company...
>>
>>> which educates young
>>> Chinese people who want to go to a British university, and who may
>>> very well end up working in a country other than China,
>> Empty conjecture.
>>

> Not really,

Yes, it is.

>>> is somehow
>>> "supporting a totalitarian regime".
>> It is.
>
> Well, I don't think so,

It is. You are engaged in the promotion of the continuation of
anti-democratic one-party rule in China.

Mr. Smartypants
2008-09-04 16:36:06 EST
On Sep 3, 10:21 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> ...a state supported company...

> >> Empty conjecture.
>
> > Not really,
>
> Yes, it is.

> >> It is.
>
> > Well, I don't think so,
>
> It is.  You are engaged in the promotion of the continuation of
> anti-democratic one-party rule in China.

And by remaining in the USA, Boobs you are condoning the LYING of
America into wars against two non-belligerent nations and condoning
the American funded ZIONIST'S genocidal policies against the
Palestinian Arabs.

You should leave America, Boobs.

Rupert
2008-09-04 22:59:15 EST
On Sep 4, 1:36 pm, "Mr. Smartypants" <shrubkil...@excite.com> wrote:
> On Sep 3, 10:21 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>

> > Rupert wrote:

> > > Not really,
>
> > Yes, it is.

> > > Well, I don't think so,
>
> > It is.  You are engaged in the promotion of the continuation of
> > anti-democratic one-party rule in China.
>
> And by remaining in the USA, Boobs you are condoning the LYING of
> America into wars against two non-belligerent nations and condoning
> the American funded ZIONIST'S genocidal policies against the
> Palestinian Arabs.
>
> You should leave America, Boobs.- Hide quoted text -

He should just get a life and stop clogging up the news servers with
his pointless dribble.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-04 23:21:56 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Sep 4, 1:36 pm, "Mr. Smartypants" <shrubkil...@excite.com> wrote:
>>
>> And by remaining in the USA, Rudy you are condoning the LYING of
>> America into wars against two non-belligerent nations and condoning
>> the American funded ZIONIST'S genocidal policies
>
> He should just get a life and

You agree with the fuckscum runny hamilton's raging rabid anti-semitism.
No surprise there.

Rupert
2008-09-04 23:41:29 EST
On Sep 4, 8:21 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > On Sep 4, 1:36 pm, "Mr. Smartypants" <shrubkil...@excite.com> wrote:
>
> >> And by remaining in the USA, Rudy you are condoning the LYING of
> >> America into wars against two non-belligerent nations and condoning
> >> the American funded ZIONIST'S genocidal policies
>
> > He should just get a life and
>
> You agree with the fuckscum runny hamilton's raging rabid anti-semitism.
>   No surprise there.

No, I did not make any comment on what he said about Zionism, stupid
clown, and I don't see why it is necessarily anti-semitism.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-05 00:01:27 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Sep 4, 8:21 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> He should just get a life and
>> You agree with the fuckscum runny hamilton's raging rabid anti-semitism.
>> No surprise there.
>
> No, I did not make any comment on what he said about Zionism

He's a rabid Jew-hater, and you're allying yourself with him.

Rupert
2008-09-05 01:32:00 EST
On Sep 4, 9:01 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> You agree with the fuckscum runny hamilton's raging rabid anti-semitism.
> >>   No surprise there.
>
> > No, I did not make any comment on what he said about Zionism
>
> He's a rabid Jew-hater, and you're allying yourself with him.

I've yet to see evidence for that, and I'm not allying myself with
whatever critical comments he wants to make about the Israeli
government; I'm just pointing out that you should get a life and stop
clogging up news servers with mindless dribble. You should, you know.
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)