Vegetarian Discussion: Ball, The Worthless Pathetic Risible Clown Who Thinks He's A Master Of Logic And Philosophy, Commits The Fallacy Of Denying The Antecedent

Ball, The Worthless Pathetic Risible Clown Who Thinks He's A Master Of Logic And Philosophy, Commits The Fallacy Of Denying The Antecedent

Rupert
2008-09-01 01:01:21 EST
In a recent post in which Ball made the remark that I grossly
overestimate my intellectual ability, he rather ironically made an
error of logic of the kind one would expect from a cognitively
impaired six-year-old child. Most likely he was fully aware that he
was committing such an error and gets joy out of making a clown out of
himself in public.

I wrote "I have not admitted to being psychotic", and he replied "You
have. You've admitted to psychotic episodes. Psychotics experience
psychotic episodes."

One commits the fallacy of Denying the Antecedent when one accepts a
syllogism of the following form:

(1) For all x, if P(x), then Q(x).
(2) Not P(a).
(3) Therefore, not Q(a).

Such a syllogism is patently invalid; it is easy to construct counter-
models.

Ball has frequently maintained (falsely) that all ethical vegans begin
their ethical commitment to veganism by accepting a fallacious
syllogism of this form.

In the above exchange, Ball is accepting the following syllogism.

(1) Any individual who has never experienced a psychotic episode is
not psychotic.
(2) It is not the case that Rupert has never experienced a psychotic
episode.
(3) Therefore, it is not the case that Rupert is not psychotic.

This is a syllogism of the above form and is thus invalid. It is not
the case that everyone who has experienced a psychotic episode at some
time in their lives is currently psychotic, as I have been trying to
drill into Ball's impenetrably thick skull for some years now. You do
not call a person who has experienced two psychotic episodes six years
ago and who has a vulnerability to psychosis a "psychotic". You can
call them a "schizophrenic" if you want to, if they have received a
diagnosis of schizophrenia. I have not received such a diagnosis but
it is possible that I may have paranoid schizophrenia; Ball is welcome
to call me a "paranoid schizophrenic" if he wants to.

I am not psychotic; it really is quite a marvel that someone with
sufficient cognitive ability to actually turn on a PC would not have
grasped this point after all these years.

Will you ever get tired of being a pathetic joke, Ball? Probably not.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-01 10:40:42 EST
On Aug 31, 10:01 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I wrote "I have not admitted to being psychotic", and he replied "You
> have.  You've admitted to psychotic episodes.  Psychotics experience
> psychotic episodes."

Exactly.

Rupert
2008-09-01 16:39:04 EST
On Sep 1, 10:40 pm, Rudy Canoza <notgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 10:01 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I wrote "I have not admitted to being psychotic", and he replied "You
> > have. You've admitted to psychotic episodes. Psychotics experience
> > psychotic episodes."
>
> Exactly.

You did indeed write that, and it is quite clearly pitiful cretinous
dribble.

I have not admitted to being psychotic, Ball, because I'm not
psychotic. Psychotic people experience delusions, hallucinations,
thought disorder, or negative symptoms. Which of those symptoms do you
observe in me, stupid clown?

You certainly have plenty of delusions.

D*@.
2008-09-01 16:57:57 EST
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:39:04 -0700 (PDT), Rupert <rupertmccallum@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sep 1, 10:40 pm, Goo wrote:
>> On Aug 31, 10:01 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> > I wrote "I have not admitted to being psychotic", and he replied "You
>> > have. You've admitted to psychotic episodes. Psychotics experience
>> > psychotic episodes."
>>
>> Exactly.
>
>You did indeed write that, and it is quite clearly pitiful cretinous
>dribble.
>
>I have not admitted to being psychotic, Ball, because I'm not
>psychotic. Psychotic people experience delusions,

"I win, no matter what I do." - Goo

"I'm right about all of it." - Goo

"I can explain myself in logical and coherent terms" - Goo

"my name and reputation are sterling" - Goo

"I'm not stupid." - Goo

"I know exactly what I think" - Goo

"I educated the public" - Goo

"I haven't made any absurd claims" - Goo

>hallucinations,

"The only way that the concept "benefit from existence"
can begin to make sense semantically is if one assumes
a pre-existent state" - Goo

"When the entity moves from "pre-existence" into the
existence we know, we don't know if that move improves
its welfare" - Goo

"EVEN WITH the very best animal welfare conditions one
might provide: they STILL might not be as good as the
"pre-existence" state was" - Goo

>thought disorder,

"It is irrelevant what I think *is* important enough to
merit consideration." - Goo

"So, there is no point in mentioning my doctor." - Goo

"Why are you laughing at mental illness" - Goo

>or negative symptoms.

"coming into existence didn't make me better off than
I was" - Goo

"it is not "better" that the animal exist, no matter
its quality of live" - Goo

"It is not "better" in any moral way, and not in *any* way
at all to the animal itself, that the animal exists." - Goo

>Which of those symptoms do you
>observe in me, stupid clown?
>
>You certainly have plenty of delusions.

"Anticipation requires language." - Goo

"Animals do not have a sense of insult." - Goo

"Dogs NEVER anticipate, nor do cats, or cattle, or
any other animal you've ever encountered." - Goo

"Animals do not experience frustration." - Goo

"Animals cannot be or feel disappointed." - Goo

"Non human animals experience neither pride nor
disappointment. They don't have the mental ability
to feel either." - Goo

"The dog didn't do what Darwin said. His statement of
the "changes in behavior" is not reliable." - Goo

"No animals anticipate." - Goo

"Dogs, cats, cattle, almost all animals "lower" than
the great apes have no sense of self." - Goo

"They are not aware that they can see. " - Goo

"They are *not* aware that they can smell." - Goo
Ron asked:
>So you are telling us that the cow was purposely bred into existance
>and fed and watered for 12 years only to be sold at the lowest price in
>the beef industry......and all that done with the singular purpose of
>supplying the pet food industry?

Goo replied:
Yes.
Ron pointed out:
>You also said cows are raised for 12 years specifically to become
>PET FOOD.

Goo replied:
Some are.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-03 02:08:40 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Sep 1, 10:40 pm, Rudy Canoza <notgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 31, 10:01 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I wrote "I have not admitted to being psychotic", and he replied "You
>>> have. You've admitted to psychotic episodes. Psychotics experience
>>> psychotic episodes."
>> Exactly.
>
> You did indeed write that

And it's so.

Rupert
2008-09-03 04:26:03 EST
On Sep 2, 11:08 pm, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.noot> wrote:
> Rupert wrote:

> >> Exactly.
>
> > You did indeed write that
>
> And it's

quite palpable drivel, as is immediately obvious to anyone of good
sense, and as I have also very thoroughly explained a number of times
over the last few years, and you always snip my explanations because
of course you are incapable of engaging with them in any way, they are
unanswerable, I am simply pointing out the obvious.

Pointless clown.

Rudy Canoza
2008-09-03 12:23:24 EST
Rupert wrote: