Vegetarian Discussion: SEEING THE FACE OF GOD

SEEING THE FACE OF GOD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2008-08-20 04:51:25 EST
Seeing the face of God

THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
Yahoo! News
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
before us. Saints say that He does come, but we fail to
recognize Him because we expect God to put on the costume
of our favourite deity whereas All-Pervading God appears in
any form He pleases, as a dog to Namdev, a man-lion to
Hiranyakashipu, a parrot to Tulsidas.

Shirdi Sai Baba personally told a devotee that he had come
as a hungry dog to his door but the devotee had shooed him
away. Last Saturday at 6.00 a.m., while worshipping Shiva
in the temple, wild barking jolted me.

I ran out with the beggars and flower sellers and we saw a
malnourished male calf trying to dodge ferocious dogs that
were biting at its legs. I shooed them away and it scurried
inside the temple compound and stood shivering in front of
the shivling.

Its right ear was completely bitten and one leg had old
wounds covered with flies. The calf stood there bleeding
and trembling.

I asked the priest if he had antiseptic but he shifted his
position and continued reading Sunder Kanda, the Ramayana
section about God and His animal friends. The flower seller
coaxed the calf outside the temple and I ran to get help.

A good soul at Sanjay Gandhi Hospital asked me to call
9810394051, a Gau Seva Sansthan in Munirka (near JNU) that
helps animals and birds in distress. It was the number of
Chowdhury Mahendra Singh Tokas's truck driver, Pratap.

Pratap assured us he would come if we remained with the
calf. Meanwhile the beggars had decided it was wrong to tie
an injured calf and released it.

The calf trotted away and I tracked it to a kanwaria camp.
That was uncanny, this little Nandi going to a Shiv-sthal.

We called Pratap to tell him our new location. He took away
the calf, but not before the police pulled up and accused
us of injuring it ourselves! Incidentally, Chowdhury
Mahendra Singh accepts no donations for these services, in
the true spirit of seva.

More at:
http://in.news.yahoo.com/32/20080819/1056/tnl-seeing-the-face-of-god.html

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Dutch
2008-08-20 05:04:55 EST
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Seeing the face of God
>
> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
> Yahoo! News
> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>
> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
> before us. Saints say that He does come, but we fail to
> recognize Him because we expect God to put on the costume
> of our favourite deity whereas All-Pervading God appears in
> any form He pleases, as a dog to Namdev, a man-lion to
> Hiranyakashipu, a parrot to Tulsidas.

This is nonsense. Anyone with the slightest genuine
spiritual knowledge knows that God is in all things.

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-20 10:54:08 EST
not-a-doctor/not-a-Hindoo Jay Douchebag Stevens blabbered:
> Seeing the face of God
>
> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
> Yahoo! News
> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>
> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
> before us.

You're an idiot.

D*@.
2008-08-20 12:25:12 EST
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:51:25 GMT, usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Seeing the face of God
>
>THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
>Yahoo! News
>Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>
>A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
>before us. Saints say that He does come, but we fail to
>recognize Him because we expect God to put on the costume
>of our favourite deity whereas All-Pervading God appears in
>any form He pleases, as a dog to Namdev, a man-lion to
>Hiranyakashipu, a parrot to Tulsidas.
>
>Shirdi Sai Baba personally told a devotee that he had come
>as a hungry dog to his door but the devotee had shooed him
>away. Last Saturday at 6.00 a.m., while worshipping Shiva
>in the temple, wild barking jolted me.
>
>I ran out with the beggars and flower sellers and we saw a
>malnourished male calf trying to dodge ferocious dogs that
>were biting at its legs. I shooed them away and it scurried
>inside the temple compound and stood shivering in front of
>the shivling.
>
>Its right ear was completely bitten and one leg had old
>wounds covered with flies. The calf stood there bleeding
>and trembling.
>
>I asked the priest if he had antiseptic but he shifted his
>position and continued reading Sunder Kanda, the Ramayana
>section about God and His animal friends. The flower seller
>coaxed the calf outside the temple and I ran to get help.
>
>A good soul at Sanjay Gandhi Hospital asked me to call
>9810394051, a Gau Seva Sansthan in Munirka (near JNU) that
>helps animals and birds in distress. It was the number of
>Chowdhury Mahendra Singh Tokas

Who's that?

>'s truck driver, Pratap.
>
>Pratap assured us he would come if we remained with the
>calf. Meanwhile the beggars had decided it was wrong to tie
>an injured calf and released it.

Are beggars the authority over such things?

>The calf trotted away and I tracked it to a kanwaria camp.
>That was uncanny, this little Nandi going to a Shiv-sthal.

Why?

>We called Pratap to tell him our new location. He took away
>the calf, but not before the police pulled up and accused
>us of injuring it ourselves!

Who did they think bit the ear off? Who did they think
bit the legs?

>Incidentally, Chowdhury
>Mahendra Singh accepts no donations for these services, in
>the true spirit of seva.

What did he do with the calf?

D*@.
2008-08-20 12:25:35 EST
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Goo wrote:

>not-a-doctor/not-a-Hindoo Jay Douchebag Stevens blabbered:
>> Seeing the face of God
>>
>> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
>> Yahoo! News
>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>>
>> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
>> before us.
>
>You're an idiot.

It is a common complaint Goober...very common. In fact
Goo you have more than likely done some bitching about it
yourself more than once, you idiot.

D*@.
2008-08-20 12:25:56 EST
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:04:55 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:

>Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>> Seeing the face of God
>>
>> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
>> Yahoo! News
>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>>
>> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
>> before us. Saints say that He does come, but we fail to
>> recognize Him because we expect God to put on the costume
>> of our favourite deity whereas All-Pervading God appears in
>> any form He pleases, as a dog to Namdev, a man-lion to
>> Hiranyakashipu, a parrot to Tulsidas.
>
>This is nonsense. Anyone with the slightest genuine
>spiritual knowledge knows that God is in all things.

Maybe he is. Maybe he's not. Maybe Goo thinks you're
a moron for believing that, unless of course you are Goo
in which case it's probably another question of how you
think you disagree with yourself.

Dutch
2008-08-20 16:46:20 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:04:55 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>>> Seeing the face of God
>>>
>>> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
>>> Yahoo! News
>>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>>>
>>> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
>>> before us. Saints say that He does come, but we fail to
>>> recognize Him because we expect God to put on the costume
>>> of our favourite deity whereas All-Pervading God appears in
>>> any form He pleases, as a dog to Namdev, a man-lion to
>>> Hiranyakashipu, a parrot to Tulsidas.
>> This is nonsense. Anyone with the slightest genuine
>> spiritual knowledge knows that God is in all things.
>
> Maybe he is. Maybe he's not. Maybe Goo thinks you're
> a moron for believing that, unless of course you are Goo
> in which case it's probably another question of how you
> think you disagree with yourself.

Even you. Deep beneath all the semi-coherent
blabbering there is an essential presence that is god.

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-21 02:10:59 EST
Goo - Fuckwit David Harrison, Stupidist, stupid pig-fucking cracker -
woke up and said, "How can I be even *more* stupid today than I was
yesterday?", and so he lied:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Rudy K. Canoza wrote:
>
>> not-a-doctor/not-a-Hindoo Jay Douchebag Stevens blabbered:
>>> Seeing the face of God
>>>
>>> THE HINDUSTAN TIMES
>>> Yahoo! News
>>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008
>>>
>>> A common complaint against God is that He doesn't appear
>>> before us.
>> You're an idiot.
>
> It is a common complaint

You're an idiot too, Goo. PROVED!

D*@.
2008-08-24 11:06:56 EST
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Goo wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:25:35 -0100, dh@. wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Goo wrote:
>>
>>>not-a-doctor/not-a-Hindoo Jay Douchebag Stevens blabbered:

>>>You're an idiot.
>>
>> It is a common complaint Goober...very common. In fact
>>Goo you have more than likely done some bitching about it
>>yourself more than once, you idiot.
>
>You're an idiot too

At least I can understand some reasons why God would
avoid meeting people face to face, or even allow proof of
his existence if he does exist Goo. You can't.

D*@.
2008-08-24 11:07:04 EST
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:46:20 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:

>*h@. wrote:

>>> This is nonsense. Anyone with the slightest genuine
>>> spiritual knowledge knows that God is in all things.
>>
>> Maybe he is. Maybe he's not. Maybe Goo thinks you're
>> a moron for believing that, unless of course you are Goo
>> in which case it's probably another question of how you
>> think you disagree with yourself.
>
>Even you. Deep beneath all the semi-coherent
>blabbering there is an essential presence that is god.

Maybe, if God exists. There's certainly no reason to believe
he's "in" every rock, "in" the wind, "in" water, or any other
inanimate object including the majority of objects in space.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)