Vegetarian Discussion: How About A Side Of Hypocrisy

How About A Side Of Hypocrisy

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Dragonblaze
2008-08-06 12:54:57 EST
How About A Side Of Hypocrisy
Fast Food | Charlottesville, VA, USA

Me: *preparing a gyro wrap for a customer* “Would you like cheese on
it?”

Customer: “Oh my God, no! I’m a VEGAN! Don’t you know what they do to
cows in those horrible farms? They force them to get pregnant all the
time, and then they take away their babies and kill them so we humans
can steal their milk! Dairy products are cruelty! ”

Me: “Okay, okay. No cheese. Moving along. What sauces would you like
on that?”

Customer: “Tzatziki sauce, please.”

(Note: the particular brand of tzatziki we purchased included both
yogurt and sour cream.)

Me: “Ah, I’m afraid that’s a dairy prod–”

Customer: “I DON’T CARE! PUT IT ON!”

http://notalwaysright.com/page/44

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-06 14:23:09 EST
Dragonblaze wrote:
> How About A Side Of Hypocrisy
> Fast Food | Charlottesville, VA, USA
>
> Me: *preparing a gyro wrap for a customer* “Would you like cheese on
> it?”
>
> Customer: “Oh my God, no! I’m a VEGAN! Don’t you know what they do to
> cows in those horrible farms? They force them to get pregnant all the
> time, and then they take away their babies and kill them so we humans
> can steal their milk! Dairy products are cruelty! ”
>
> Me: “Okay, okay. No cheese. Moving along. What sauces would you like
> on that?”
>
> Customer: “Tzatziki sauce, please.”
>
> (Note: the particular brand of tzatziki we purchased included both
> yogurt and sour cream.)
>
> Me: “Ah, I’m afraid that’s a dairy prod–”
>
> Customer: “I DON’T CARE! PUT IT ON!”
>
> http://notalwaysright.com/page/44

Not surprising in the least. "veganism" is entirely incoherent. It is
merely a *pose* of moral superiority. It's empty symbolism.

Rupert
2008-08-06 20:08:48 EST
On Aug 7, 2:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.not> wrote:
> Dragonblaze wrote:
> > How About A Side Of Hypocrisy
> > Fast Food | Charlottesville, VA, USA
>
> > Me: *preparing a gyro wrap for a customer* “Would you like cheese on
> > it?”
>
> > Customer: “Oh my God, no! I’m a VEGAN! Don’t you know what they do to
> > cows in those horrible farms? They force them to get pregnant all the
> > time, and then they take away their babies and kill them so we humans
> > can steal their milk! Dairy products are cruelty! ”
>
> > Me: “Okay, okay. No cheese. Moving along. What sauces would you like
> > on that?”
>
> > Customer: “Tzatziki sauce, please.”
>
> > (Note: the particular brand of tzatziki we purchased included both
> > yogurt and sour cream.)
>
> > Me: “Ah, I’m afraid that’s a dairy prod–”
>
> > Customer: “I DON’T CARE! PUT IT ON!”
>
> >http://notalwaysright.com/page/44
>
> Not surprising in the least.  "veganism" is entirely incoherent.  It is
> merely a *pose* of moral superiority.  It's empty symbolism.- Hide quoted text -

The person described in the OP is not a vegan, you quarter-wit.

Veganism is not empty symbolism. A reduction in the demand for animal
products has outcomes which some people regard as good, and reasonably
so.

People do not become vegan so they can regard themselves as morally
superior to you. Being morally superior to you is an easy achievement,
there would be no need to go to that much trouble. They do it to help
animals.

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-06 20:11:06 EST
Rupert wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:23 am, Rudy Canoza <pi...@thedismalscience.not> wrote:
>> Dragonblaze wrote:
>>> How About A Side Of Hypocrisy
>>> Fast Food | Charlottesville, VA, USA
>>> Me: *preparing a gyro wrap for a customer* “Would you like cheese on
>>> it?”
>>> Customer: “Oh my God, no! I’m a VEGAN! Don’t you know what they do to
>>> cows in those horrible farms? They force them to get pregnant all the
>>> time, and then they take away their babies and kill them so we humans
>>> can steal their milk! Dairy products are cruelty! ”
>>> Me: “Okay, okay. No cheese. Moving along. What sauces would you like
>>> on that?”
>>> Customer: “Tzatziki sauce, please.”
>>> (Note: the particular brand of tzatziki we purchased included both
>>> yogurt and sour cream.)
>>> Me: “Ah, I’m afraid that’s a dairy prod–”
>>> Customer: “I DON’T CARE! PUT IT ON!”
>>> http://notalwaysright.com/page/44
>> Not surprising in the least. "veganism" is entirely incoherent. It is
>> merely a *pose* of moral superiority. It's empty symbolism.- Hide quoted text -

Why do "- Hide quoted text -" and "- Show quoted text -" appear in all
your posts, jerk-off? What are you fucking up to make that happen?
Fucking stop it, jerk-off.

> The person described in the OP is not a vegan,

Ah, the good old "No true Scotsman" fallacy again! The original
*poster* is not a "vegan", but the customer - the hypocritical, stupid
"vegan" - described most definitely is a "vegan": she self-identified
as one.

> Veganism is not empty symbolism.

It is, indeed, nothing but empty symbolism, a mere gesture intended only
to flatter the ego of the person making it.

SystemX
2008-08-07 14:19:58 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
>>> Not surprising in the least. "veganism" is entirely incoherent. It is
>>> merely a *pose* of moral superiority. It's empty symbolism.- Hide
>>> quoted text -

> Why do "- Hide quoted text -" and "- Show quoted text -" appear in all
> your posts, jerk-off? What are you fucking up to make that happen?
> Fucking stop it, jerk-off.
>

>> The person described in the OP is not a vegan,
>
> Ah, the good old "No true Scotsman" fallacy again! The original
> *poster* is not a "vegan", but the customer - the hypocritical, stupid
> "vegan" - described most definitely is a "vegan": she self-identified
> as one.

Vegans do consume dairy. The customer consumed dairy. Therefore the
consumer described by the OP is not a vegan.

BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.

>> Veganism is not empty symbolism.
>
> It is, indeed, nothing but empty symbolism, a mere gesture intended only
> to flatter the ego of the person making it.

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-07 14:24:42 EST
SystemX wrote:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:

>> Why do "- Hide quoted text -" and "- Show quoted text -" appear in all
>> your posts, jerk-off? What are you fucking up to make that happen?
>> Fucking stop it, jerk-off.
>>

>>> The person described in the OP is not a vegan,
>>
>> Ah, the good old "No true Scotsman" fallacy again! The original
>> *poster* is not a "vegan", but the customer - the hypocritical, stupid
>> "vegan" - described most definitely is a "vegan": she self-identified
>> as one.
>
> Vegans do consume dairy. The customer consumed dairy. Therefore the
> consumer described by the OP is not a vegan.

You just contradicted yourself. You're slovenly.

The fact is, the customer, who described herself as "vegan", didn't know
and continues not to know what the fuck she's talking about. She isn't
adhering to any ethical principles; she's merely following a "lifestyle"
that includes a disgusting amount of self-congratulation and narcissism.
"veganism" is nothing but empty symbolism.

> BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.

The rest of us identify you as Shitbag.

>>> Veganism is not empty symbolism.
>>
>> It is, indeed, nothing but empty symbolism, a mere gesture intended
>> only to flatter the ego of the person making it.

Dutch
2008-08-07 15:05:07 EST
SystemX wrote:

> Vegans do consume dairy.

Even by their own lax standards, vegans cannot consume
dairy and still legitimately call themselves vegans.

> BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.

That was redundant.

SystemX
2008-08-07 15:50:09 EST
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> SystemX wrote:
>> Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> Why do "- Hide quoted text -" and "- Show quoted text -" appear in
>>> all your posts, jerk-off? What are you fucking up to make that
>>> happen? Fucking stop it, jerk-off.

>>> Ah, the good old "No true Scotsman" fallacy again! The original
>>> *poster* is not a "vegan", but the customer - the hypocritical,
>>> stupid "vegan" - described most definitely is a "vegan": she
>>> self-identified as one.
>>
>> Vegans do consume dairy. The customer consumed dairy. Therefore the
>> consumer described by the OP is not a vegan.
>
> You just contradicted yourself. You're slovenly.

True. I slipped up!

> The fact is, the customer, who described herself as "vegan", didn't know
> and continues not to know what the fuck she's talking about.

True.

She isn't
> adhering to any ethical principles; she's merely following a "lifestyle"
> that includes a disgusting amount of self-congratulation and narcissism.

True.

> "veganism" is nothing but empty symbolism.

That does not follow.

>> BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.
>
> The rest of us identify you as Shitbag.

LOL.

>>> It is, indeed, nothing but empty symbolism, a mere gesture intended
>>> only to flatter the ego of the person making it.

SystemX
2008-08-07 15:56:35 EST
Dutch wrote:
> SystemX wrote:
>
>> Vegans do consume dairy.
>
> Even by their own lax standards, vegans cannot consume dairy and still
> legitimately call themselves vegans.

I mad e a mistook. - A bad one - I missed the important word 'not'. I
guess you worked that out for yourself, but hey, why not score a point.

>> BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.
>
> That was redundant.

Just making a point that; self identification is not reliable
identification:

Rudy: "- described most definitely is a "vegan": she self-identified as
one. "

Rudy Canoza
2008-08-07 16:15:59 EST
SystemX wrote:
> Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> SystemX wrote:

>>> Vegans do consume dairy. The customer consumed dairy. Therefore the
>>> consumer described by the OP is not a vegan.
>>
>> You just contradicted yourself. You're slovenly.
>
> True. I slipped up!
>>
>> The fact is, the customer, who described herself as "vegan", didn't
>> know and continues not to know what the fuck she's talking about.
>
> True.
>
> She isn't
>> adhering to any ethical principles; she's merely following a
>> "lifestyle" that includes a disgusting amount of self-congratulation
>> and narcissism.
>
> True.
>
>> "veganism" is nothing but empty symbolism.
>
> That does not follow.

It's true all the same. I didn't claim it followed from the earlier
statements. In fact, the inconsistency of that self-described "vegan"
customer is what follows from "veganism" being nothing but empty
symbolism. If it /really/ were based on principles, she wouldn't have
consumed the sauce.

>>> BTW - I'm self identifying myself as God.
>>
>> The rest of us identify you as Shitbag.
>
> LOL.

Yeah, you set yourself up for it. It was hilarious.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)