Vegetarian Discussion: Would You Like To Be More Convincing In Your Discussions About Vegetarianism

Would You Like To Be More Convincing In Your Discussions About Vegetarianism

Javawizard
2008-07-19 23:04:27 EST
I've posted a number of hints and tips for improved communication in
the Creative Listening and Metaphor sections of www.all-about-nlp.com
that you may find quite useful in helping promote your views on
vegetarianism.

Laurie
2008-07-20 20:31:47 EST
javawizard wrote:
> I've posted a number of hints and tips for improved communication in
> the Creative Listening and Metaphor sections of www.all-about-nlp.com
> that you may find quite useful in helping promote your views on
> vegetarianism.

You are making a tenuous assumption, or two, here.

First of all, most veg*ns are not knowledgeable enough to promote
meaningful, scientifically-credible, “views”, nor are the
self-appointed diet gurus and nutribabblers.

Most veg*ns are not interested enough, nor educated enough, in the
technical issues: physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, evolution, or
even baby arithmetic to comprehend the issues of human diet at any
level of competence. Most veg*ns are in it for the comforting social
support generated by associating with people with similar belief
systems, no matter how ridiculous.

There is a dazzling array of diet belief systems: Big Four, SAD,
Macrochaotics, “vegetarian”, lacto-vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian,
vegan, raw vegan, “Live Food”, junk food junkies, McDonalders,
Supersizers, Chinese, Thai, a local diet for every country, anorexic,
bulimic, vomitarian, raw fruit and veg, fruitarian, raw meat
(Instinctos), Zero Carb, Zone, Blood Type, ketotic, Atkins, Bev Hills,
grapefruit, Mediterranean, French, and the “Just Say No Diet” (fasting).

So, “promoting views” is meaningless if there is no
scientifically-credible data to strongly support and “view” espoused
in public. People uneducated in even 5th grade arithmetic, or
fundamental high school science, hold themselves out as ‘experts’ on
diet and health. The Internet has spawned thousands of nutribabblers.

Worse, apparently-“educated” people holding PhD’s are no more
credible than the ignoranti at large.

http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#v
http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#a
http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#m
Even people with multiple degrees in “nutritional science” (NOT really
a science) are not immune from nonsensical cultural conditioning.
http://ecologos.org/times.htm

You, as an NLP fan, should be keenly aware of the
subconsciously-invoked hypnotic effects of repetitive idiocy:
pseudo-science programming in “educational systems”, Big Four Food
Groups posters in classrooms, junk food and soda vending machines in
schools, critical thinking NOT taught, debate not taught, diminishing
math/science competency, media hypnosis, not teaching General Systems
Theory, the intentional Dumbing of Amerika, no critical thinking
skills, politicians controlling school systems not educators, …

Perhaps we should promote Truth, not hollow, unsupportable “views”?

Laurie

--
Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:
http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html

White, Fat And Fugly
2008-07-21 13:47:29 EST
On Jul 20, 8:31 pm, Laurie <n...@spam.com> wrote:
> javawizard wrote:
> > I've posted a number of hints and tips for improved communication in
> > the Creative Listening and Metaphor sections ofwww.all-about-nlp.com
> > that you may find quite useful in helping promote your views on
> > vegetarianism.
>
>         You are making a tenuous assumption, or two, here.
>
>         First of all, most veg*ns are not knowledgeable enough to promote
> meaningful, scientifically-credible, “views”, nor are the
> self-appointed diet gurus and nutribabblers.
>
>         Most veg*ns are not interested enough, nor educated enough, in the
> technical issues: physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, evolution, or
> even baby arithmetic to comprehend the issues of human diet at any
> level of competence.  Most veg*ns are in it for the comforting social
> support generated by associating with people with similar belief
> systems, no matter how ridiculous.
>
>         There is a dazzling array of diet belief systems: Big Four, SAD,
> Macrochaotics, “vegetarian”, lacto-vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian,
> vegan, raw vegan, “Live Food”, junk food junkies, McDonalders,
> Supersizers, Chinese, Thai, a local diet for every country, anorexic,
> bulimic, vomitarian, raw fruit and veg, fruitarian, raw meat
> (Instinctos), Zero Carb, Zone, Blood Type, ketotic, Atkins, Bev Hills,
> grapefruit, Mediterranean, French, and the “Just Say No Diet” (fasting).
>
>         So, “promoting views” is meaningless if there is no
> scientifically-credible data to strongly support and “view” espoused
> in public.  People uneducated in even 5th grade arithmetic, or
> fundamental high school science, hold themselves out as ‘experts’ on
> diet and health.  The Internet has spawned thousands of nutribabblers.
>
>         Worse, apparently-“educated” people holding PhD’s are no more
> credible than the ignoranti at large.
>
> http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#vhttp://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#ahttp://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#m
> Even people with multiple degrees in “nutritional science” (NOT really
> a science) are not immune from nonsensical cultural conditioning.http://ecologos.org/times.htm
>
>         You, as an NLP fan, should be keenly aware of the
> subconsciously-invoked hypnotic effects of repetitive idiocy:
> pseudo-science programming in “educational systems”, Big Four Food
> Groups posters in classrooms, junk food and soda vending machines in
> schools, critical thinking NOT taught, debate not taught, diminishing
> math/science competency, media hypnosis, not teaching General Systems
> Theory, the intentional Dumbing of Amerika, no critical thinking
> skills, politicians controlling school systems not educators, …
>
>         Perhaps we should promote Truth, not hollow, unsupportable “views”?
>
>         Laurie
>
> --
> Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html

all you do is take up good oxygen.

learn to shut up once in a blue moon.

Sam Stoned
2008-07-22 15:16:16 EST
On Jul 20, 8:31 pm, Laurie <n...@spam.com> wrote:
> javawizard wrote:
> > I've posted a number of hints and tips for improved communication in
> > the Creative Listening and Metaphor sections ofwww.all-about-nlp.com
> > that you may find quite useful in helping promote your views on
> > vegetarianism.
>
>         You are making a tenuous assumption, or two, here.
>
>         First of all, most veg*ns are not knowledgeable enough to promote
> meaningful, scientifically-credible, “views”, nor are the
> self-appointed diet gurus and nutribabblers.
>
>         Most veg*ns are not interested enough, nor educated enough, in the
> technical issues: physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, evolution, or
> even baby arithmetic to comprehend the issues of human diet at any
> level of competence.  Most veg*ns are in it for the comforting social
> support generated by associating with people with similar belief
> systems, no matter how ridiculous.
>
>         There is a dazzling array of diet belief systems: Big Four, SAD,
> Macrochaotics, “vegetarian”, lacto-vegetarian, pesco-vegetarian,
> vegan, raw vegan, “Live Food”, junk food junkies, McDonalders,
> Supersizers, Chinese, Thai, a local diet for every country, anorexic,
> bulimic, vomitarian, raw fruit and veg, fruitarian, raw meat
> (Instinctos), Zero Carb, Zone, Blood Type, ketotic, Atkins, Bev Hills,
> grapefruit, Mediterranean, French, and the “Just Say No Diet” (fasting).
>
>         So, “promoting views” is meaningless if there is no
> scientifically-credible data to strongly support and “view” espoused
> in public.  People uneducated in even 5th grade arithmetic, or
> fundamental high school science, hold themselves out as ‘experts’ on
> diet and health.  The Internet has spawned thousands of nutribabblers.
>
>         Worse, apparently-“educated” people holding PhD’s are no more
> credible than the ignoranti at large.
>
> http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#vhttp://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#ahttp://ecologos.org/ttdd.html#m
> Even people with multiple degrees in “nutritional science” (NOT really
> a science) are not immune from nonsensical cultural conditioning.http://ecologos.org/times.htm
>
>         You, as an NLP fan, should be keenly aware of the
> subconsciously-invoked hypnotic effects of repetitive idiocy:
> pseudo-science programming in “educational systems”, Big Four Food
> Groups posters in classrooms, junk food and soda vending machines in
> schools, critical thinking NOT taught, debate not taught, diminishing
> math/science competency, media hypnosis, not teaching General Systems
> Theory, the intentional Dumbing of Amerika, no critical thinking
> skills, politicians controlling school systems not educators, …
>
>         Perhaps we should promote Truth, not hollow, unsupportable “views”?
>
>         Laurie
>
> --
> Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html

since you're not convincing.... why should we listen to your advice
about that?

?

besides, i don't need a clueless ubertard to 'convince' me of
anything.

what? are you oprah, just discovering things that were defined
thousands of years ago?

time to move along, sista.

doesn't get it.

D*@.
2008-07-23 09:28:55 EST
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:04:27 -0700 (PDT), javawizard <javawizard@aol.com> wrote:

>I've posted a number of hints and tips for improved communication in
>the Creative Listening and Metaphor sections of www.all-about-nlp.com
>that you may find quite useful in helping promote your views on
>vegetarianism.

Do you have any tips on how to persuade Goobers to make
some attempt at trying to explain their own absurd claims? Do
you have any tips on how to figure out if they would rather that
other people believe they are actually stupid enough to believe
their own idiotic claims, or that they are intelligent enough to
understand how stupid it is but they are lying about it for some
reason even so?

Pinnochio Mojo
2008-07-26 19:58:27 EST
On Jul 20, 5:31 pm, Laurie <n...@spam.com> wrote:
>         You are making a tenuous assumption, or two, here.
>
>         First of all, most veg*ns are not knowledgeable enough to promote
> meaningful, scientifically-credible, “views”, nor are the
> self-appointed diet gurus and nutribabblers.
>
>         Most veg*ns are not interested enough, nor educated enough, in the
> technical issues: physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, evolution, or
> even baby arithmetic to comprehend the issues of human diet at any
> level of competence.  Most veg*ns are in it for the comforting social
> support generated by associating with people with similar belief
> systems, no matter how ridiculous.

That's not always true, your overgeneralizations here are ridiculous.

>         Perhaps we should promote Truth, not hollow, unsupportable “views”?

Yes Laurie, let's promote the truth and not some shallow
interpretation.

Laurie
2008-08-22 10:55:49 EST
sam stoned wrote:

> since you're not convincing.... why should we listen to your advice
> about that?
IF you can write an intelligent, well researched refutation to
anything I have written, PLEASE DO.
Otherwise STOP posting Off-Topic nonsense to alt.food.vegan.SCIENCE

> what? are you oprah, just discovering things that were defined
> thousands of years ago?
> time to move along, sista.
Juvenile misogyny noted.

> besides, i don't need a clueless ubertard to 'convince' me of
> anything.
Oh, I see: this is a CHALLENGE??
You're ON, little man.>

> doesn't get it.
YOU WILL!

> sam stoned ...
You are an embarrassment to real stoners worldwide.
It is "people" like YOU that give drugs a BAD reputation.
Stop flying the Stoner flag, HYPOCRITE.

Laurie Forti

--

alt.food.vegan.SCIENCE is about SCIENCE.
ALL other issues are OFF TOPIC here.

NO SPAMMING.
NO NONSENSE ABOUT "ANIMAL RIGHTS"
NO RELIGIOUS BELIEFS