Vegetarian Discussion: STUDIES SHOW FLESH-EATERS HAVE FOUL BODY ODOR

STUDIES SHOW FLESH-EATERS HAVE FOUL BODY ODOR

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

And/or Www.mantra.com/jai Dr. Jai Maharaj
2008-07-10 02:59:45 EST
Go vegetarian, smell better

By Maneka Gandhi
THE PIONEER
http://www.dailypioneer.com
Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Studies show flesh-eaters have foul body odour

I will not sit at a table with dead bodies or people eating
them. By now this is so well known that internal airlines
never even ask what meal preference I have and no stranger
sitting next to me orders meat.

I cannot bear the smell or the look of meat. I cannot bear
the smell of the person who eats it. I am not the only one
who believes that vegetarians and non-vegetarians have a
different smell. The smell of meat oozes through the pores
and becomes a rich rancid sweat which fouls the air around
it as soon as the temperature rises. I suppose people who
do not eat garlic and onions feel the same way about the
odour of people who do.

Do vegetarians really smell better? Anthropologists at
Charles University, Czech Republic, decided in 2006 to
study the effects of diet on body odour "attractiveness".
More specifically, they wanted to find out if women prefer
the body odour of men fed a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian
diet. The result? The researchers found that women judged
the body odour of men fed a vegetarian diet to be
"significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and less
intense".

This is what their published study says, " Axillary body
odour is individually specific and potentially a rich
source of information about its producer. Odour
individuality partly results from genetic individuality,
but the influence of ecological factors such as eating
habits are another main source of odor variability. We
tested the effect of red meat consumption on body odor
attractiveness. Seventeen male odour donors were on 'meat'
or 'non-meat' diet for two weeks wearing axillary pads to
collect body odor during the final 24 hours of the diet.
Fresh odour samples were assessed for their pleasantness,
attractiveness, masculinity, and intensity by 30 women. We
repeated the same procedure a month later with the same
odour donors, each on the opposite diet than before.
Results of repeated measures analysis of variance showed
that the odour of donors when on the nonmeat diet was
judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and
less intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a
negative impact on perceived body odour."

After all -- if you eat something that you cannot eat raw
because it stinks, what do you expect the outcome to be ?
While apples or peas or grain can be directly taken off the
plant and eaten, can you wring a chicken's neck and then
bite into it? If you could then why does meat take so long
to cook and so many spices and herbs to hide the taste?
Even the thickest skinned vegetables can be eaten after
simply steaming them with no seasoning -- can you do the
same with meat?

You are what you eat, in more ways than one. Your food
affects your body greatly, from the energy you get, to your
mood, to the smell your body produces. To test this
concept, eat a piece of raw garlic, wait a few hours and
gauge the resulting odours emanating from inside and
outside your body.

Moving on to a simple vegetarian vs non-vegetarian example,
heat your oven to 98.6 degrees and place a tomato and a
piece of meat in it. Check back in a few hours to compare
the rate of decay and the resulting smells. If it smells
horrible in the open do you think it will smell less
horrible inside your body. After all meat decays very fast
wherever it is.

Why do people not eat non-vegetarian animals -- not because
it is difficult to catch them. For centuries catching,
herding and killing has been simple. It is because their
meat stinks. The meat of the herbivore is, in comparison,
far more edible, smellwise. Even the smell of a pig's meat
an animal that the pork industry feeds nothing but decaying
vegetable matter, tastes better. If the tiger's meat
stinks, can you imagine the stench that your flesh emits ?

Informal polls and interviews generally result in the
concession that when it comes to body odours, vegetarians
usually win. Across the Net there are thousands of views by
people on the link between the smell of the body and food.
"My friend has quite strong body odour, but after she
became full vegan, the smell has got lighter. At least when
I sit next to her, I feel more comfortable." "The first
time I reacted to smell was in a public bus. It was a very
hot afternoon, I was in an air-con bus. A man boarded the
bus and his body was full of perspiration. He stood next to
my seat and raised his hand to hold the hanger of the bus.
I nearly fainted from the smell of his body which smelt of
mutton. As the smell was really strong, I endured it for
only about three stops, then got off of the bus and waited
for the next one." "If one is sensitive to smell, it is
really difficult for him/her to live with a non-vegetarian
person. One has to endure the smell from the meat during
washing and cooking along with the smell on the person."

Last year, on the Howard Stern TV talk show, he had a guest
who claimed he could always smell the difference between
vegetarian women and carnivores. They brought out six or
seven women and this guest proceeded to pick out the three
vegetarians among them solely by "smelling them".

The smell that a person has often affects their future. Do
you think that someone with an offensive odour would not be
shunned at work or even be given the job at any interview.
I avoid, as most people do, people who smell strongly --
and I have yet to come across a vegetarian who does that,
even if they are curry eaters!

If you're one of those that is still thinking about whether
to go vegetarian, do so now because you will smell better.
Do it because knowing that will boost your confidence and
self-esteem.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12.asp?main_variable=oped&file_name=opd3%2Etxt&counter_img=3

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Rudy Canoza
2008-07-10 03:05:42 EST
Jay Stevens, not a doctor and not a goddamned Hindoo either, lied:

> [bullshit]

No, they don't.

M. Ranjit Mathews
2008-07-10 03:11:44 EST
Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.

On Jul 10, 1:59 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> By Maneka Gandhi
> THE PIONEERhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
> Wednesday, July 9, 2008
> Studies show flesh-eaters have foul body odour

Dragonblaze
2008-07-10 04:33:59 EST
On 10 Jul, 08:11, "M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.

Ever been to India? I have. It bloody PONGS there in spite quite a few
people being vegetarians. I would suspect hygiene has a bit more to do
with it than diet.

Dragonblaze

Gitarthi
2008-07-10 12:22:48 EST
On Jul 10, 12:11 am, "M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.
>
> On Jul 10, 1:59 am, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>
> Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> > By Maneka Gandhi
> > THE PIONEERhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
> > Wednesday, July 9, 2008
> > Studies show flesh-eaters have foul body odour

The writers have ignored the fact that cooked meat has other
ingredients which affect the body odour. For example the scientists
have found that adding coriander (Cillantro) has effect on the body
odour of a non-vegetarian. Garlic cannot be called a non-vegetarian
item but it produces bad body odurs.

In the olden days many people did not take meat only because they were
against taking a life just for the pleasure of enjoying tasty food.
They considered it a sort of violence to kill an animal for their food
when other vegetarian food was available to sustain life. .

D*@.
2008-07-10 14:20:13 EST
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:22:48 -0700 (PDT), gitarthi <skbhattacharjya@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 10, 12:11 am, "M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>> Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.
>>
>> On Jul 10, 1:59 am, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>>
>> Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>> > By Maneka Gandhi
>> > THE PIONEERhttp://www.dailypioneer.com
>> > Wednesday, July 9, 2008
>> > Studies show flesh-eaters have foul body odour
>
>The writers have ignored the fact that cooked meat has other
>ingredients which affect the body odour. For example the scientists
>have found that adding coriander (Cillantro) has effect on the body
>odour of a non-vegetarian. Garlic cannot be called a non-vegetarian
>item but it produces bad body odurs.
>
>In the olden days many people did not take meat only because they were
>against taking a life just for the pleasure of enjoying tasty food.
>They considered it a sort of violence to kill an animal for their food
>when other vegetarian food was available to sustain life. .

That might make sense if a person hunts or fishes for his meat,
but it certainly makes no sense in regards to farm animals.

Gitarthi
2008-07-11 11:53:02 EST
On Jul 10, 11:20 am, dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:22:48 -0700 (PDT), gitarthi <skbhattachar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jul 10, 12:11 am, "M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com>
> >wrote:
> >> Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.

> >The writers have ignored the fact that cooked meat has other
> >ingredients which affect the body odour. For example the scientists
> >have found that adding coriander (Cillantro) has effect on the body
> >odour of a non-vegetarian. Garlic cannot be called a non-vegetarian
> >item but it produces bad body odurs.
>
> >In the olden days many people did not take meat only because they were
> >against taking a life just for the pleasure of enjoying tasty food.
> >They considered it a sort of violence to kill an animal for their food
> >when other vegetarian food was available to sustain life. .
>
> That might make sense if a person hunts or fishes for his meat,
> but it certainly makes no sense in regards to farm animals.

It is said that in the past there was the practice of using perfume
to mask the body odours in some communities worldwide. Why then single
out the vedic rishis by changing the name of the topic, that too
without substantiating. Any ulterior motive?

Laurie
2008-07-11 15:38:48 EST

Dragonblaze wrote:
> I would suspect hygiene has a bit more to do with (hygiene)
than diet.
Hmm, science-by-suspicion, again? How about some relevant
biochemistry? You could not pass an 8th grade science quiz.
ALL odors emanating from humans are caused by eating excessive
proteins, especially those from animals. These odors are amines and
are synthesized by putrefactive bacteria in the large colon. They can
be synthesized ONLY if there are undigested peptides available for the
bacteria’s food. IF no undigested proteins were available to feed
these bacteria, they will die out, and the odor WILL gradually, and
permanently, disappears as the body detoxes.
People uniformly report and experience the diminution, and
eventual permanent removal, of ‘body odor’ as they stop eating animal
products and the body cleans itself out. Similarly, menstrual odors
and common negative sequelae disappear.
ANYone can experience these obvious health gains, even
Dragonbreath, but she is NOT interested in even her OWN HEALTH enough
to try this simple experiment and prove what biochemistry really does,
by experience.
Strangely, she prefers to remain willfully ignorant, since her
ego is so caught up in her tribal cultural diet that she would rather
die than experiment with the obvious natural diet of our species.
What a goof.

Laurie

--
Scientifically-credible info on plant-based human diets:
http://ecologos.org/ttdd.html

Dragonblaze
2008-07-11 17:29:48 EST
On 11 Jul, 20:38, Laurie <n...@spam.com> wrote:
> Dragonblaze wrote:
>
>  > I would suspect hygiene has a bit more to do with (hygiene)
> than diet.
>         Hmm, science-by-suspicion, again?

You should know, that being your speciality - since you do not have
even a nodding aquaintaince with real science. What you DO have is a
manifest tendency of willing ignorance and avoidance of uncomfortable
facts.

[rest of the bollocks snipped]

Dragonblaze

UNmaiviLambi
2008-07-11 19:10:32 EST
On Jul 10, 3:11 am, "M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_math...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Vedic rishis had foul body odor because they ate flesh.

Rishis wont eat flesh! They have to follow sampurna ahimsa
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)