Vegetarian Discussion: PETA Fascists Begin Bullying Meat-eaters

PETA Fascists Begin Bullying Meat-eaters

Watcher Of MarxoFascists And EnviroFascists
2008-06-29 18:01:33 EST
It must have been inevitable for the PETA people to become Fascists
just like the MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists. We can expect more
non-stop bullying until they get their way, like a bunch of cry-
babies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/animal-rights-group-turns-its-fire-on-celebrity-meateaters-856591.html

Animal rights group turns its fire on celebrity meat-eaters

After helping to make fur coats taboo, campaigners at Peta are using
hardline tactics on A-list carnivores

By Rachel Shields
Sunday, 29 June 2008

Animal rights protesters have launched a series of angry campaigns
against A-list carnivores. They are shifting their focus from
celebrities who wear fur to others who encourage the "exploitation" of
animals by eating them. In its latest campaign, Peta – People for the
Ethical Treatment of Animals, which became infamous for dousing fur-
wearers in red paint – has launched an attack on the singer Jessica
Simpson.

Ms Simpson was singled out for ridicule after she was spotted wearing
a T-shirt bearing the slogan "Real Girls Eat Meat", believed to be a
light-hearted dig at her boyfriend Tony Romo's vegetarian ex-
girlfriend, Carrie Underwood.

Alistair Currie, a spokesman for Peta, said: "Jessica Simpson might
have a right to wear what she wants, but she doesn't have a right to
eat what she wants – eating meat is about suffering and death. Some
people feel like they are standing up against a tide of political
correctness when they make a statement like this – what she is really
doing is standing up for the status quo."

The animal rights group doctored a photo of Ms Simpson to read "Only
Stupid Girls Eat Meat", and listed "five reasons only stupid girls eat
meat".

In May the group condemned the British actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers for
admitting that he had tried dog meat while in China.

The Peta attacks are seen as a sign of the radicalisation of some
vegetarian groups. They claim eating meat causes environmental
destruction, damages human health and contributes to global hunger, as
well as inflicting suffering on billions of animals.

Vegetarians International Voice for Animals (Viva!) claims that there
are currently between five and six million vegetarians in the UK but
estimates that as many as a third of population have significantly
reduced their meat intake.

"Vegetarians are still in a minority – most people eat meat. You're
sticking your neck out as a vegetarian, and so most are passionate
about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
Society.

A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.

Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
"Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
meat.

Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
42 per cent.

Rupert
2008-06-29 18:53:01 EST
This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it, but
I'll just observe that the Centre for Consumer Freedom has a perfect
right to do an advertising campaign pointing out that PETA has made a
financial contribution to a group which is currently classified as a
terrorist organisation in an effort to discredit the philosophical
positions that the group takes, they have a perfect right to engage in
pot-calling-the-kettle-black tactics claiming that the name of the
organisation Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine is a
misnomer, they are really a group pushing an animal rights agenda,
when we all know perfectly well that the Centre for Consumer Freedom
is a lobby group for the meat and tobacco industries, and PETA has a
perfect right to do an ad campaign saying that it is stupid to eat
meat for whatever reasons they can come up with to defend that
contention, and none of this is bullying, it is just exercise of the
right to free speech.

If you want to explore the meaning of the word "bullying" then have a
look at some footage of factory farms and slaughterhouses.

Rupert
2008-06-29 19:12:58 EST
I'll just explore the topic of bullying and the right to free speech a
bit further. A good friend of mine, about my age, just finishing off
an accounting degree and with a fairly small salary working for Animal
Liberation NSW, was recently in court facing a seven-figure lawsuit
because she went to Pitt Street Mall a couple of times and handed out
a few leaflets discussing a practice that quite a lot of Australian
sheep farmers do known as "mulesing". With this procedure a large
chunk of flesh is removed from a sheep's backside with a pair of
gardening shears, for the purpose of preventing blowfly strike. At the
time of the protests my friend was doing it was usual to do this
procedure without any anaesthetic. There is now a legal requirement to
use anaesthetic and the wool industry has made a commitment to phase
out the practice, I think our campaign can take some of the credit for
that. We made the statement that mulesing is cruel, there was some
discussion of that in court, apparently they found the statement in
some way objectionable. Anyway, Australian Wool Innovation claimed
that we had violated the Trade Practices Act by calling for a boycott
of Australian wool (which we hadn't, although PETA had done that, but
they had to bring us into court along with PETA because it's an
Australian law and they had to get an Australian organisation
involved). They sued two Animal Liberation NSW activists and claimed
that they should be liable for $5 million to cover the costs of an
advertising campaign that they had to do in response to our campaign.
They kept Animal Liberation NSW tied up with the initial hearings for
many months. This of course meant that we had to devote time and money
into arguing our case that the matter shouldn't go to court, thereby
preventing us from functioning effectively as an organisation. I
myself was involved in these protests and it is only a matter of good
fortune that I did not have to go to court myself. As you can imagine,
for individuals like myself or my friend the idea of potentially being
liable for seven-figure amounts, even if the possibility is fairly
remote, is fairly stressful. I think at the time we were handing out
the leaflets we had this crazy idea that we lived in a liberal
democracy and were allowed to publicly express our opinions about
practices that concerned us.

That may help to clarify the concept of "bullying" for you.

The McLibel trial is another example, though that one backfired.

Understand? That's what bullying is. A public expression of an opinion
that it's immoral or in some other way undesirable to eat meat is an
exercise of the right to free speech, phenomena like the above two
examples are what you call bullying.

Eat The Rich
2008-06-29 20:20:44 EST
On Jun 29, 3:01 pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
<*.@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> about it," said Annette Pinner, the chief executive of the Vegetarian
> Society.
>
> A recent pronouncement from the head of the UN climate change agency
> that the best thing people can do to halt global warming is to turn
> vegetarian has taken the debate a step further.
>
> Paul McCartney, a veteran vegetarian campaigner, recently launched
> "Meat Free Mondays" to encourage meat-eaters to eat vegetarian food
> once a week, citing the UN's statement as a good reason to forgo
> meat.
>
> Yet there is evidence that the British public might be rebelling
> against pressure to cut their meat consumption. Despite the cost of
> meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by

Use another term besides fascist. It doesn't fit the people that
you're describing.

Fascism:
1. often Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control

Mr.Smartypants
2008-06-29 23:14:52 EST
On Jun 30, 10:20 am, Eat the rich <goofin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.
>
> Use another term besides fascist.  It doesn't fit the people that
> you're describing.
>
> Fascism:
> 1.  often Fascism
> a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> belligerent nationalism and racism.
> b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> system of government.
> 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
government."
That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.

Watcher Of MarxoFascists And EnviroFascists
2008-06-30 04:03:48 EST
On Jun 29, 8:20 pm, Eat the rich <goofin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > meat hitting a 22-year high, British supermarkets actually report a
> > rise in sales. Waitrose has recorded big year-on-year increases in the
> > sale of most meats, while sales of Asda's "2p sausage" have gone up by
> > 42 per cent.
>
> Use another term besides fascist.  It doesn't fit the people that
> you're describing.
>
> Fascism:
> 1.  often Fascism
> a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> belligerent nationalism and racism.
> b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> system of government.
> 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

Your brain is out-dated. PETA fits def #2 "Oppressive, dictatorial
control", ie getting in people's face and bullying and intimidating
people with "Meat Is Murder", "Meat is Cruelty", "Meat is Bad for the
Environment" (though mankind has been eating meat for thousands of
years, and those animals would be dead whether eaten or not).

PETA also stopped a bug-eating contest for Halloween, while animals
continue to eat bugs (animals eat meat too).

So it's perfectly ok for a wolf or a hyena or a lion to kill an animal
and eat it, but PETA needs to SCREAM about hunters "being cruel" and
meat eaters "being cruel". It's time to start hunting the PETA
members, and the stupid Environmentalists. They serve ZERO purpose.

And since it's perfectly OK for you dopey left-wing loons to go around
harassing people, then it's perfectly OK for the NRA to start
harassing PETA and the EnviroNut-Jobs.

Keep whining about the word "fascist" like its meaning hasn't
changed. The words "faggot", "gay", and "Democrat" had different
meanings once upon a time, but all mean something new today. And you
ought to know, since you liberals love to play word games, and take
shit out of context, and claim things are out of context when they
aren't.

Watcher Of MarxoFascists And EnviroFascists
2008-06-30 04:07:35 EST
On Jun 29, 11:14 pm, "Mr.Smartypants" <anybod...@canada.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > 42 per cent.
>
> > Use another term besides fascist.  It doesn't fit the people that
> > you're describing.
>
> > Fascism:
> > 1.  often Fascism
> > a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> > a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> > opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> > belligerent nationalism and racism.
> > b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> > system of government.
> > 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

> A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
> and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
> government."
> That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.- Hide quoted text -

Hey that's great Mr DummySkirt. Words change meaning, and it's been
60 years. Mussolini was a left-winger, Fascism was of the left then,
as it is now, but different with the bully Fascist protesters and
oppressing bully No Drill-ocrat Marxists. Go outside and smoke a fag
and pretend the EnviroFascists don't care what harm it does to the
air.

Rupert
2008-06-30 04:14:16 EST
On Jun 30, 1:03 am, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
<*.@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> continue to eat bugs (animals eat meat too).
>
> So it's perfectly ok for a wolf or a hyena or a lion to kill an animal
> and eat it, but PETA needs to SCREAM about hunters "being cruel" and
> meat eaters "being cruel".  It's time to start hunting the PETA
> members, and the stupid Environmentalists.  They serve ZERO purpose.
>
> And since it's perfectly OK for you dopey left-wing loons to go around
> harassing people, then it's perfectly OK for the NRA to start
> harassing PETA and the EnviroNut-Jobs.
>
> Keep whining about the word "fascist" like its meaning hasn't
> changed.  The words "faggot", "gay", and "Democrat" had different
> meanings once upon a time, but all mean something new today.  And you
> ought to know, since you liberals love to play word games, and take
> shit out of context, and claim things are out of context when they

Hey, Ball! We've found someone to make you look sophisticated and
intelligent!

Aren't you happy?

Rudy Canoza
2008-06-30 12:08:25 EST
Rupert wrote:
> This is just a troll so it is stupid to bother replying to it,

It is not "just a troll", but it is utterly predictable that even though
you believe it is stupid to reply to it, you reply to it anyway. You
fatuous fuck.

Mr.Smartypants
2008-06-30 15:51:14 EST
On Jun 30, 6:07 pm, Watcher of MarxoFascists and EnviroFascists
<*.@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 11:14 pm, "Mr.Smartypants" <anybod...@canada.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 30, 10:20 am, Eat the rich <goofin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Use another term besides fascist.  It doesn't fit the people that
> > > you're describing.
>
> > > Fascism:
> > > 1.  often Fascism
> > > a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under
> > > a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the
> > > opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of
> > > belligerent nationalism and racism.
> > > b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a
> > > system of government.
> > > 2. Oppressive, dictatorial control- Hide quoted text -

> > A fascist government can be all of the above and more but fascism in
> > and of itself consists of one thing only; "corporatism merged with
> > government."
> > That is the definition Benito Mussolini used to describe fascism.- Hide quoted text -

> Hey that's great Mr DummySkirt.  Words change meaning, and it's been
> 60 years.  Mussolini was a left-winger, Fascism was of the left then,
> as it is now, but different with the bully Fascist protesters and
> oppressing bully No Drill-ocrat Marxists.  Go outside and smoke a fag
> and pretend the EnviroFascists don't care what harm it does to the
> air.- Hide quoted text -

Fascism is nothing more than corporatism merged with government.