Vegetarian Discussion: National Pigeon Day - June 13th

National Pigeon Day - June 13th

Luciedove
2008-04-07 09:52:41 EST
Our first "unofficial" National Pigeon Day will be on Friday, June
13th (www.nationalpigeonday.com).

If anyone shares our love for pigeons or wants to advocate on their
behalf and you would like to contribute to the celebration in any way
as a speaker or in any other capacity, please let us know.

Coo, coo, coo.
Anna Dove

D*@.
2008-04-08 20:36:44 EST
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT), luciedove <nylovesbirds@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Our first "unofficial" National Pigeon Day will be on Friday, June
>13th (www.nationalpigeonday.com).
>
>If anyone shares our love for pigeons or wants to advocate on their
>behalf and you would like to contribute to the celebration in any way
>as a speaker or in any other capacity, please let us know.
>
>Coo, coo, coo.
>Anna Dove

Do any of them have decent lives of positive value?

Jerry Avins
2008-04-09 10:39:06 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT), luciedove <nylovesbirds@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Our first "unofficial" National Pigeon Day will be on Friday, June
>> 13th (www.nationalpigeonday.com).
>>
>> If anyone shares our love for pigeons or wants to advocate on their
>> behalf and you would like to contribute to the celebration in any way
>> as a speaker or in any other capacity, please let us know.
>>
>> Coo, coo, coo.
>> Anna Dove
>
> Do any of them have decent lives of positive value?

I once raised a pigeon whose parents had been killed shortly after he
hatched. I began feeding him with an eyedropper. I watched him fledge
and helped and encouraged him to fly. He eventually joined a flock of
pigeons in a park nearby and that was that, I thought. As I walked in
the park the next spring, a pigeon peeled out of the flock, alit on my
shoulder, and snuggled against my neck. I think he had a decent life,
and he certainly had a positive effect on mine.

Jerry

Louis Boyd
2008-04-09 20:41:18 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT), luciedove <nylovesbirds@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Our first "unofficial" National Pigeon Day will be on Friday, June
>>13th (www.nationalpigeonday.com).
>>
>>If anyone shares our love for pigeons or wants to advocate on their
>>behalf and you would like to contribute to the celebration in any way
>>as a speaker or in any other capacity, please let us know.
>>
>>Coo, coo, coo.
>>Anna Dove
>
> Do any of them have decent lives of positive value?

As much as most residents of cities. They find food for themselves,
they mate, they care for their young. That's more than you can say for
a lot of humans.

D*@.
2008-04-09 21:06:22 EST
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:41:18 -0700, Louis Boyd <boyd@apt0.sao.arizona.edu> wrote:

>*h@. wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT), luciedove <nylovesbirds@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Our first "unofficial" National Pigeon Day will be on Friday, June
>>>13th (www.nationalpigeonday.com).
>>>
>>>If anyone shares our love for pigeons or wants to advocate on their
>>>behalf and you would like to contribute to the celebration in any way
>>>as a speaker or in any other capacity, please let us know.
>>>
>>>Coo, coo, coo.
>>>Anna Dove
>>
>> Do any of them have decent lives of positive value?
>
>As much as most residents of cities. They find food for themselves,
>they mate, they care for their young. That's more than you can say for
>a lot of humans.

All that and tax free too. And as much as people complain
about the shit, pigeons still don't polute nearly as much as
humans do.

3Putt From CoastalSouth Carolina <3putt@PawleysIslandSC>
2008-04-09 21:58:39 EST

"Louis Boyd" <boyd@apt0.sao.arizona.edu> wrote in message
>> As much as most residents of cities. They find food for themselves,
> they mate, they care for their young. That's more than you can say for a
> lot of humans.

That's true, but most humans now have indoor plumbing.

Rick
2008-04-10 23:13:42 EST
dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:41:18 -0700, Louis Boyd <boyd@apt0.sao.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:

>>> Do any of them have decent lives of positive value?
>> As much as most residents of cities. They find food for themselves,
>> they mate, they care for their young. That's more than you can say for
>> a lot of humans.
>
> All that and tax free too. And as much as people complain
> about the shit, pigeons still don't polute nearly as much as
> humans do.
And they are better for eating too. :)

Rick
Fargo, ND
N 46°53'251"
W 096°48'279"

Remember the USS Liberty
http://www.ussliberty.org/

Louis Boyd
2008-04-11 04:10:18 EST
Rick wrote:
> dh@. wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:41:18 -0700, Louis Boyd
>> <boyd@apt0.sao.arizona.edu> wrote:

>>> As much as most residents of cities. They find food for themselves,
>>> they mate, they care for their young. That's more than you can say
>>> for a lot of humans.
>>

>> All that and tax free too. And as much as people complain
>> about the shit, pigeons still don't polute nearly as much as
>> humans do.
>
> And they are better for eating too. :)

Does "they" refer to pigeons or humans?
I suppose it depends on whether you're a domestic cat or a tiger.
I've never eaten either and doubt I ever will.