Vegetarian Discussion: Tell SF Art Institute To Stop Promoting Animal Snuff Video

Tell SF Art Institute To Stop Promoting Animal Snuff Video

Pearl
2008-03-26 07:43:46 EST

http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai?rk=jpaSdSS1ls6AE

Rudy Canoza
2008-03-26 10:43:48 EST
pearl wrote:
> http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai?rk=jpaSdSS1ls6AE

Ha ha ha ha ha! This is great!

First, the "ar" weenies just /love/ it when other
inflammatory and intentionally offensive "art" comes
along, e.g. "Piss Christ", and they are quick to start
shrieking "censorship!" when someone wants to shut down
an exhibit that offends those the "aras" like seeing
offended. But now the shoe's on the other foot, and
it's funny as fucking hell to watch the weenies hopping
around howling.

Second, these weenies are in effect walking around with
big signs on their backs saying "I don't get it - kick
my ass!" The exhibit is /clearly/ saying that animals
should not trust humans because humans are cruel to
animals. The weenies ought to be applauding this
exhibit, not condemning it - the guy is on their side.

Good old stupid lesley - still thick as a plank.

Pearl
2008-03-26 11:09:39 EST
"Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.not> wrote in message news:13uko92f2dt7p29@corp.supernews.com...
> pearl wrote:
> > http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai?rk=jpaSdSS1ls6AE
> >

> Ha ha ha ha ha! This is great!
>
> First, the "ar" weenies just /love/ it when other
> inflammatory and intentionally offensive "art" comes

False.

Rudy Canoza
2008-03-26 13:16:45 EST
pearl wrote:
> "Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.not> wrote in message news:13uko92f2dt7p29@corp.supernews.com...
>> pearl wrote:
>>> http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai?rk=jpaSdSS1ls6AE
>>>

>> Ha ha ha ha ha! This is great!
>>
>> First, the "ar" weenies just /love/ it when other
>> inflammatory and intentionally offensive "art" comes
>
> False.

No, true. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

But why did you snip the other part, lesley? You know
- the part that demonstrates you and the other "ar"
weenies don't understand that the exhibit is a pro-"ar"
statement?

What was that bullshit you wrote a bit ago about having
already wasted too much time responding to me? I knew
you were lying.

Pearl
2008-03-26 14:38:39 EST
"Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.not> wrote in message news:13ul17psre2f671@corp.supernews.com...
> pearl wrote:
> >>>

> >> Ha ha ha ha ha! This is great!
> >>
> >> First, the "ar" weenies just /love/ it when other
> >> inflammatory and intentionally offensive "art" comes
> >
> > False.
>
> No, true. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Nothing about ARAs.

> But why did you snip the other part, lesley? You know
> - the part that demonstrates you and the other "ar"
> weenies don't understand that the exhibit is a pro-"ar"
> statement?

A psycho seeking profit and fame via sensationalism.
Much like you. Maybe counting on idjits like you to
jump at the all-too-obvious, and claim it's pro-AR...

Rudy Canoza
2008-03-26 14:46:53 EST
pearl wrote:
> "Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.not> wrote in message news:13ul17psre2f671@corp.supernews.com...
>> pearl wrote:

>>> False.
>> No, true. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ
>
> Nothing about ARAs.

"aras" are cultural/moral-relativist leftists. They
applaud that kind of art, especially if it offends
those they view as complacent bourgeoisie. But when
their sensibilities are offended, then they become
typically small-minded cultural fascists looking to
impose censorship.

>> But why did you snip the other part, lesley? You know
>> - the part that demonstrates you and the other "ar"
>> weenies don't understand that the exhibit is a pro-"ar"
>> statement?
>
> A psycho seeking profit and fame via sensationalism.

A pro-"ar" leftist. His message is pro-"ar", and you
and the other "ar" weenies are too stupid to get it.

I'm still laughing over your violation of your own
pledge not to respond to me again.

lesley the foot-rubbing whore:
Flame on. liar. I've wasted too much time on you
already.

Rudy the scholar:
Ha ha ha ha ha! This is at *LEAST* the 20th time
you've said you've wasted too much time on me! But
you'll be back - you can't help yourself. You have
no self control.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.vegan/msg/69cf067b5f275b33

Pearl
2008-03-26 15:59:43 EST
"Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.net> wrote in message news:13ul6ijeu1h4be9@corp.supernews.com...
> pearl wrote:

> >> No, true. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ
> >
> > Nothing about ARAs.
>
> "aras" are cultural/moral-relativist leftists. They
> applaud that kind of art, especially if it offends

That's your view. I think it's offensive, period.

> those they view as complacent bourgeoisie. But when
> their sensibilities are offended, then they become
> typically small-minded cultural fascists looking to
> impose censorship.

'The "Art" of Animal Cruelty

Walk into the Walter and McBean Galleries in San Francisco's
posh Russian Hill neighborhood, and you may be shocked to see
what passes for contemporary "art" these days. Six televisions
display video images of six different animals -- a doe, a goat,
a horse, an ox, a pig, and a sheep -- being bludgeoned to death
with a large sledgehammer by "artist" Adel Abdessemed of Paris.
Entitled "Don't Trust Me," this sick exhibit is Abdessemed's and
the Institute's self-serving attempt to pass off the brutal abuse and
killing of animals as legitimate artistic creation.

What such "artists" and their patrons overlook is that animals are
living beings who feel and suffer just like we humans -- and we
are no more justified in taking their lives at will than we have the
right to kill another person. Such abuse of animals may elicit horror
and disgust in viewers, but that does not qualify it as art. Far from it
-- in fact, "Don't Trust Me" represents the very worst impulses of
the human imagination.

It takes no artistic talent or ability to kill animals, and Abdessemed
should have never been given a venue for his sickening "work" in
the first place. To their great discredit, the San Francisco Art
Institute agreed to sponsor this exhibit, lending it an air of credibility,
but what makes matters worse are the obscene rationalizations this
venerable institution of learning and culture offers in defense of the
sleazy snuff films. These include pedantic claims that such killings
"regularly take place...in the real world, on a regular basis," and that
the installation "(makes) typical moral and cultural constraints seem
beside the point."

Such statements betray not only a lack of compassion and basic
human decency, but also a fundamental confusion of true artistic
creation with the destruction of life. Abdessemed's work is of no
artistic value, and rather than raise people's consciousness about the
cruelties committed against animals every day, it will encourage them
to accept animal abuse as a way of gaining attention and notoriety.

To call someone who murders animals an "artist" is an insult to every
real artist who refuses to rely on violence and shallow, sensationalistic
gimmicks to express his or her vision. While the work of such
murderers will surely not endure, their antics may encourage and incite
others to torture and kill animals, so it is crucial that people of
conscience voice our outrage over this monstrous display of cruelty.

Tell San Francisco Art Institute to remove snuff video exhibit
from gallery http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai?rk=jpaSdSS1ls6AE .

Rudy Canoza
2008-03-27 01:26:20 EST
pearl wrote:
> "Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.net> wrote in message news:13ul6ijeu1h4be9@corp.supernews.com...
>> pearl wrote:

>>> Nothing about ARAs.
>> "aras" are cultural/moral-relativist leftists. They
>> applaud that kind of art, especially if it offends
>
> That's your view.

No, that's *their* view.

> I think it's offensive, period.

He's a pro-"ar" artiste. He's one of yours.

>> those they view as complacent bourgeoisie. But when
>> their sensibilities are offended, then they become
>> typically small-minded cultural fascists looking to
>> impose censorship.
>
> 'The "Art" of Animal Cruelty
>
> Walk into the Walter and McBean Galleries [snip shit hemorrhage]

You posted that wheeze already.

DCI
2008-03-27 03:50:44 EST

> pearl wrote:
>> 'The "Art" of Animal Cruelty
>>
>> Walk into the Walter and McBean Galleries [snip shit hemorrhage]
>
> You posted that wheeze already.

Folks, it's San Francisco. What else are you expecting from
the artist in the city?

Pearl
2008-03-27 07:10:17 EST
"Rudy Canoza" <pipes@thedismalscience.not> wrote in message news:13umbvp9j3mvg8b@corp.supernews.com...
> pearl wrote:

> >> "aras" are cultural/moral-relativist leftists. They
> >> applaud that kind of art, especially if it offends
> >
> > That's your view.
>
> No, that's *their* view.

"Your entire argument relies completely and utterly upon
what you believe people think rather than any factual
evidence against veganism or animal rights theory. Day
after day you use the same ad hominem approach instead
of anything even close to a rational criticism, and I've yet
to see you make a single valid point. "
http://www.iol.ie/~creature/boiled%20ball.html

> > I think it's offensive, period.
>
> He's a pro-"ar" artiste. He's one of yours.

'For all its notoriety, "Piss Christ" is only one portrait in a body of
work that dates back to the 1980s. Early Serrano photographs
feature Catholic icons or imagery depicted with blood, milk, and
water. Another series features the artist's semen, and he has also
used butchered cows' heads and other body parts. The idea of
making pictures based on bodily fluids grew out of Serrano's
longtime use of animal blood to create his artistic imagery. "I felt I
could paint with fluids," Serrano told ARTnews. "They
automatically had content built in."

...vulgar materials, .. potentially controversial .. willfully provocative
.....Guardian art critic Adrian Searle was not impressed in 2001: he
found that Serrano's photos were "far more about being lurid than
anything else... In the end, the show is all surface, and looking for
hidden depths does no good."[2]
..'
http://www.answers.com/topic/andres-serrano?cat=entertainment

Definitely one of yours.

> >> those they view as complacent bourgeoisie. But when
> >> their sensibilities are offended, then they become
> >> typically small-minded cultural fascists looking to
> >> impose censorship.
> >
> > 'The "Art" of Animal Cruelty
> >
> > Walk into the Walter and McBean Galleries [snip shit hemorrhage]
>
> You posted that wheeze already.

Look weenie, a chance to go support your view in person..

From: "In Defense of Animals"
IDA eNews: 03-26-08

San Francisco Art Institute Suspends Animal Snuff
Video Exhibit

Public forum scheduled for Monday, March 31st to open
up dialogue

Yesterday, IDA sent an alert

http://ga0.org/indefenseofanimals/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=13088814

to our members about a contemporary "art" exhibit
entitled "Don't Trust Me" consisting of six
televisions displaying video images of six different
animals -- a doe, a goat, a horse, an ox, a pig, and a
sheep -- being bludgeoned to death with a large
sledgehammer. The alert asked concerned people to
contact the president of the San Francisco Art
Institute (SFAI), the installation's sponsor, urging
him to shut it down immediately on the grounds that
animal abuse is not art, but merely a cruel and
self-serving bid for attention.

As a result of the overwhelming response from IDA
members, SFAI announced this morning that they have
suspended the exhibit at the Walter and McBean
Galleries, at least temporarily

http://www.sfai.edu/page.aspx?page=285&navID=587?ionID=4

The Institute will hold a public forum on Monday,
March 31st at SFAI's campus to hear criticism of the
work. Controversial "artist" Adel Abdessemed will not
be present, but the school's Dean of Academic Affairs,
two art professors, and the exhibit's curator will be.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen
by urging SFAI to remove the installation, and
forwarding our alert to people around the country.

IDA founder and president Dr. Elliot Katz commended
SFAI for discontinuing the exhibit, and for holding
the public forum. "The Institute's initial defense
that the animals were going to be killed anyway sends
a terrible message, not only to the public, but to the
next generation of artists," he noted. "Their official
response was at first rather inflexible and defensive.

I am pleased that now they are at least willing to
hear the public's concerns relating to the ethical and
moral ramifications of this exploitive and cruel
exhibit."

What You Can Do:

- If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, please
attend the public forum and respectfully express your
opinion on this exhibit in person. This is a great
opportunity to let people know that it is wrong to
hurt or kill animals for "art," and to expand the
argument: If they found the images of death
disturbing, they should realize that all animals
killed for meat suffer terribly, and that going vegan
is an ethical choice that saves lives.

What: Public forum to discuss art and ethics, and
whether killing animals can ever be considered "art."
When: Monday, March 31st at noon Where: San Francisco
Art Institute Main Campus (in the lecture hall), 800
Chestnut Street, San Francisco
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/800+Chestnut+St+San+Francisco+CA+94133-2206/

- If you cannot attend the public forum, please Take
Action

http://ga0.org/campaign/sfai2/wbnd6ds9amwkmk6?

to reaffirm your desire to see this exhibit
closed down once and for all, and to urge SFAI to
implement a policy explicitly prohibiting exhibits for
which animals were intentionally exploited or killed.