Vegetarian Discussion: My God New Years Eve And The Usual Suspects Are Still At It!

My God New Years Eve And The Usual Suspects Are Still At It!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Malcolm
2008-01-01 07:06:34 EST
Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
syne and some real traditional values. The usual sad, lonely,
pathetic, pedants and bullies were still a frenzy arguing over
nothing!

You sad fucks know who you are and my wish for 2008 would be that you
either died, or got a life!

To those that matter Happy New year. To those that don't UP YOURS.

Sheesh..........

Pearl
2008-01-01 14:00:38 EST
"Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message news:m4bkn3dr00s5egm8cvl3p6josbpm7j04eu@4ax.com...

> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
> syne and some real traditional values.

Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.

'Since 1945 in the UK we have lost 95% of flower meadows,
50% of ancient woodlands, 40% of heathlands, 50% of wet
lands & 224,000 km of hedgerows all due to animal farming.
..'
http://www.flex.com/~jai/articles/101.html

Mr. CONservasionist.

'British wildlife in steep decline as man-made activities take their toll

By Michael McCarthy, Environment Editor
Published: 01 January 2008

Several of Britain's best-known animal species, ranging from the
hedgehog to the harbour seal, are now suffering declines that require
serious conservation action, according to a comprehensive report
on the status of British mammals.

The report, from the Mammals Trust UK, which is funded by the
People's Trust for Endangered Species, identifies an assortment of
factors including climate change, the spread of infectious diseases,
agricultural and forestry practices, and not least, human activity, as
combining to place ever increasing pressure on already fragile wildlife
populations.

The result is that declines are accelerating in animals once considered
common, such as the hedgehog, as well as those which are already
scarce or localised, such as the Scottish wildcat.
..
The lengthening list of environmental problems is increasingly hitting
mammals, say the report's authors, David Macdonald and Dawn
Burnham from the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit at the
University of Oxford. "The roll call of environmental topicality seems
more strident in 2007 than ever before, and wild mammals are touched
by every topic on the list," they say.

"How are agri-environment schemes to deliver food, biodiversity and
rural livelihoods, how is society to balance its respect for individuals
and humaneness with its desire to use, manage and develop, how is
this nation to provide its evermore urban citizens with contact with
nature that is increasingly recognised as important for their well-being
and health?
...'
http://environment.independent.co.uk/nature/article3298381.ece

Go vegan.

Adenoid Hynkel .
2008-01-01 14:12:07 EST
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:00:38 -0000, "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie>
wrote:

>"Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message news:m4bkn3dr00s5egm8cvl3p6josbpm7j04eu@4ax.com...
>
>> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
>> syne and some real traditional values.
>
>Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
>of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
>hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.

>'Since 1945 in the UK we have lost 95% of flower meadows,
>50% of ancient woodlands, 40% of heathlands, 50% of wet
>lands & 224,000 km of hedgerows all due to animal farming.
>..'
>http://www.flex.com/~jai/articles/101.html
>
>Mr. CONservasionist.
>
>'British wildlife in steep decline as man-made activities take their toll
>
>By Michael McCarthy, Environment Editor
>Published: 01 January 2008
>
>Several of Britain's best-known animal species, ranging from the
>hedgehog to the harbour seal, are now suffering declines that require
>serious conservation action, according to a comprehensive report
>on the status of British mammals.
>
>The report, from the Mammals Trust UK, which is funded by the
>People's Trust for Endangered Species, identifies an assortment of
>factors including climate change, the spread of infectious diseases,
>agricultural and forestry practices, and not least, human activity, as
>combining to place ever increasing pressure on already fragile wildlife
>populations.
>
>The result is that declines are accelerating in animals once considered
>common, such as the hedgehog, as well as those which are already
>scarce or localised, such as the Scottish wildcat.
>..
>The lengthening list of environmental problems is increasingly hitting
>mammals, say the report's authors, David Macdonald and Dawn
>Burnham from the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit at the
>University of Oxford. "The roll call of environmental topicality seems
>more strident in 2007 than ever before, and wild mammals are touched
>by every topic on the list," they say.
>
>"How are agri-environment schemes to deliver food, biodiversity and
>rural livelihoods, how is society to balance its respect for individuals
>and humaneness with its desire to use, manage and develop, how is
>this nation to provide its evermore urban citizens with contact with
>nature that is increasingly recognised as important for their well-being
>and health?
>...'
>http://environment.independent.co.uk/nature/article3298381.ece
>
>Go vegan.

What I find so hard to believe is that some people just don't care! If
not for themselves you'd have thought their kids future would be of
some concern.

It says a lot for allowing just anybody to breed!

--

My greatest speech to the peasants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7LWuP0T7Q

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to enquires@urfreesim.co.uk

England / Angelic Upstarts

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country has been so great
The stories Britannia could tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England oh England a country so great
A land that's so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red the white and the blue

Whenever you go to a far off land
There's something goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
For your mother of red white and blue

You could never be born under a flag that's like
The one of the Union Jack
St.Georges spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back

Pearl
2008-01-01 14:55:23 EST
"Adenoid Hynkel ." <enquires@urfreesim.co.uk> wrote in message news:ch3ln3t5tv3shk6rjskq3r7fmb7ip02ufs@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:00:38 -0000, "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie>
> wrote:
>
> >"Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message news:m4bkn3dr00s5egm8cvl3p6josbpm7j04eu@4ax.com...
> >
> >> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
> >> syne and some real traditional values.
> >
> >Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
> >of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
> >hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.
>
> >'Since 1945 in the UK we have lost 95% of flower meadows,
> >50% of ancient woodlands, 40% of heathlands, 50% of wet
> >lands & 224,000 km of hedgerows all due to animal farming.
> >..'
> >http://www.flex.com/~jai/articles/101.html
> >
> >Mr. CONservasionist.
> >
> >'British wildlife in steep decline as man-made activities take their toll
> >
> >By Michael McCarthy, Environment Editor
> >Published: 01 January 2008
> >
> >Several of Britain's best-known animal species, ranging from the
> >hedgehog to the harbour seal, are now suffering declines that require
> >serious conservation action, according to a comprehensive report
> >on the status of British mammals.
> >
> >The report, from the Mammals Trust UK, which is funded by the
> >People's Trust for Endangered Species, identifies an assortment of
> >factors including climate change, the spread of infectious diseases,
> >agricultural and forestry practices, and not least, human activity, as
> >combining to place ever increasing pressure on already fragile wildlife
> >populations.
> >
> >The result is that declines are accelerating in animals once considered
> >common, such as the hedgehog, as well as those which are already
> >scarce or localised, such as the Scottish wildcat.
> >..
> >The lengthening list of environmental problems is increasingly hitting
> >mammals, say the report's authors, David Macdonald and Dawn
> >Burnham from the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit at the
> >University of Oxford. "The roll call of environmental topicality seems
> >more strident in 2007 than ever before, and wild mammals are touched
> >by every topic on the list," they say.
> >
> >"How are agri-environment schemes to deliver food, biodiversity and
> >rural livelihoods, how is society to balance its respect for individuals
> >and humaneness with its desire to use, manage and develop, how is
> >this nation to provide its evermore urban citizens with contact with
> >nature that is increasingly recognised as important for their well-being
> >and health?
> >...'
> >http://environment.independent.co.uk/nature/article3298381.ece
> >
> >Go vegan.
>

> What I find so hard to believe is that some people just don't care! If
> not for themselves you'd have thought their kids future would be of
> some concern.

"The combination of fat with sugar or fat with salt seems to
have a very particular neurochemical effect on the brain,"
Ann Kelley, a professor at the University of Wisconsin
(search) who co-authored the unpublished study, said on
the Fox News Channel. "What that does is release certain
chemicals that are similar to drugs, like heroin and morphine."
..'

'The Longest River: Denial

Denial is a hallmark of someone who is engaging in this
addiction pattern but has not accepted that his or her
behavior is out of control. This denial is a psychological
defense mechanism that enables a person to continue to
engage in a behavior in spite of relatively obvious negative
consequences on his or her life. It's a way to protect
oneself from seeing or feeling things that are unpleasant.

[..] denial permits one to distort reality, a very powerful
psychological defense; it can have devastating consequences
on our lives, and the ability to disregard such negative
consequences while continuing the behavior is a hallmark of
denial.
...'
http://www.addictionrecov.org/paradigm/P_PR_SP00/cont_greenfield.htm

> It says a lot for allowing just anybody to breed!

Now, now. :)

Wishing you a great year.

Jim Webster
2008-01-01 15:41:18 EST

"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> "Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message
>
>> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
>> syne and some real traditional values.
>
> Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
> of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
> hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.

too right, tear down the cities immediately and kick the inhabitants out to
be hunter gatherers and fruitarians

should be a fun january

Derek Moody
2008-01-01 16:09:20 EST
In article <fle2k2$n5l$1@reader01.news.esat.net>, pearl
<URL:mailto:tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote:
> "Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message news:m4bkn3dr00s5egm8cvl3p6josbpm7j04
> eu@4ax.com...
>
> > Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
> > syne and some real traditional values.
>
> Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
> of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
> hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.

Well, parts of two, practically all of three. Two of which raised
themselves on what is still natural habitat.

> 'Since 1945 in the UK we have lost 95% of flower meadows,
> 50% of ancient woodlands, 40% of heathlands, 50% of wet
> lands & 224,000 km of hedgerows all due to animal farming.

Flower meadows only exist because of animal farming.

Many ancient woodlands exist because of hunting. Many because of naval
requirements and most of the rest because -nothing- else will grow there.

Most heathlands only exist because of (ancient) animal farming.

Hedgerows only exist because of animal farming.

> Go vegan.

Oh, I have. I always eat vegan as well as meat.

Happy New year,

--

>> derek@farm-direct.co.uk
>> http://www.farm-direct.co.uk/

Adenoid Hynkel .
2008-01-01 16:22:09 EST
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:55:23 -0000, "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie>
wrote:

> [...]
>chemicals that are similar to drugs, like heroin and morphine."
> ..'
>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93031,00.html
>
>'The Longest River: Denial
>
>Denial is a hallmark of someone who is engaging in this
>addiction pattern but has not accepted that his or her
>behavior is out of control. This denial is a psychological
>defense mechanism that enables a person to continue to
>engage in a behavior in spite of relatively obvious negative
>consequences on his or her life. It's a way to protect
>oneself from seeing or feeling things that are unpleasant.
>
>[..] denial permits one to distort reality, a very powerful
>psychological defense; it can have devastating consequences
>on our lives, and the ability to disregard such negative
>consequences while continuing the behavior is a hallmark of

I would go so far as to say that meat eating is even more addictive
than smoking which is a terrible indictment really!

>> It says a lot for allowing just anybody to breed!
>
>Now, now. :)
>

>Wishing you a great year.

U2 may all your wishes come true.

--

[...]

2008-01-01 16:32:34 EST
"Jim Webster" <jim@websterpagebank.freeswerve.co.uk> wrote in message news:5tvmrlF1ei2c9U1@mid.individual.net...

> "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
> > "Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
> >> syne and some real traditional values.
> >
> > Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
> > of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
> > hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.
> >

> too right, tear down the cities immediately and kick the inhabitants out to
> be hunter gatherers and fruitarians

Non sequitur.

> should be a fun january

Not for you.

Adenoid Hynkel .
2008-01-01 16:41:09 EST
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:41:18 -0000, "Jim Webster"
<*m@websterpagebank.freeswerve.co.uk> wrote:

>"pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie> wrote in message
>> "Malcolm" <voipcre@tiscali.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Whilst most of us went off to have a good old knees up, some auld lang
>>> syne and some real traditional values.
>>
>> Which undoubtably includes gorging on a "real traditional" meal
>> of parts of dead animals - animals raised using many millions of
>> hectares of what was once natural habitat, both UK and abroad.
>>

>too right, tear down the cities immediately and kick the inhabitants out to
>be hunter gatherers and fruitarians
>
>should be a fun january

Not for you Jumbo. Manual work was never your thing!

--

[...]

2008-01-01 16:43:42 EST
"Adenoid Hynkel ." <enquires@urfreesim.co.uk> wrote in message news:4lbln355kkbarmmb0j3h74a22f2toeqse1@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:55:23 -0000, "pearl" <tea@signguestbook.ie>
> wrote:
>
> >"Adenoid Hynkel ." <enquires@urfreesim.co.uk> wrote in message news:ch3ln3t5tv3shk6rjskq3r7fmb7ip02ufs@4ax.com...

> >> What I find so hard to believe is that some people just don't care! If
> >> not for themselves you'd have thought their kids future would be of
> >> some concern.
> >
> >"The combination of fat with sugar or fat with salt seems to
> >have a very particular neurochemical effect on the brain,"
> >Ann Kelley, a professor at the University of Wisconsin
> >(search) who co-authored the unpublished study, said on
> >the Fox News Channel. "What that does is release certain
> >chemicals that are similar to drugs, like heroin and morphine."
> > ..'
> >http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93031,00.html
> >
> >'The Longest River: Denial
> >
> >Denial is a hallmark of someone who is engaging in this
> >addiction pattern but has not accepted that his or her
> >behavior is out of control. This denial is a psychological
> >defense mechanism that enables a person to continue to
> >engage in a behavior in spite of relatively obvious negative
> >consequences on his or her life. It's a way to protect
> >oneself from seeing or feeling things that are unpleasant.
> >
> >[..] denial permits one to distort reality, a very powerful
> >psychological defense; it can have devastating consequences
> >on our lives, and the ability to disregard such negative
> >consequences while continuing the behavior is a hallmark of
> >denial.
> >...'
> >http://www.addictionrecov.org/paradigm/P_PR_SP00/cont_greenfield.htm
>
> I would go so far as to say that meat eating is even more addictive
> than smoking which is a terrible indictment really!

The overall harm caused is certainly much worse.

> >> It says a lot for allowing just anybody to breed!
> >
> >Now, now. :)
> >

> >Wishing you a great year.
>
> U2 may all your wishes come true.

Thanks! When they do, we'll all be happy. :)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)