Vegetarian Discussion: React To Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today

React To Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today

Old Codger
2007-09-26 02:47:45 EST
React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today

PETA has been inundated with requests for our free emergency
vegetarian starter kits
http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/default.asp
since foot-and-mouth disease was found in animals in the UK again.

The problem needs to be addressed at its root. Mad cow disease, SARS,
avian flu and now foot-and-mouth disease are all predictable
consequences of the sickening and cruel meat industry.

Animals in factory farms are raised in severely crowded, unnatural
conditions, where disease spreads like wildfire. Almost all pigs
raised for meat in Britain are factory-farmed. They are kept indoors
in crowded, filthy conditions that cause extreme stress and
discomfort. Every time they give birth, most breeding pigs spend at
least a month in a metal farrowing crate which is so small that they
can hardly move. Most pigs don't even have any bedding. They spend
their lives on dirty, wet concrete. Diseases are common, as is the use
of drugs and antibiotics.

Cows on dairy farms have their babies stolen from them, are made to
stand in stalls for much of their lives and are kept constantly
pregnant. This often leads to excruciating udder infections, lameness
and infertility. Cows in the dairy industry are typically killed when
they are less than 5 years old.

One factory-farm chicken or turkey shed can house tens of thousands of
birds, who are constantly kept cooped up in their own filth, allowing
diseases to spread quickly amongst them. Laying hens are typically
kept in stacked cages, causing excrement from the birds on top to fall
on the birds below.

It's no wonder the British public is going vegetarian upon realising
that as long as animals are intensively raised for meat, there will be
diseases – whether it's BSE, bird flu, SARS, foot-and-mouth disease or
others. With diseases running rampant in crowded, filthy factory farms
– and the known link between meat-eating and heart disease – the best
thing to do is to avoid meat like the plague.

For delicious vegetarian recipes, visit VegCooking.com.
http://www.vegcooking.com/
If you haven't already done so, order your free vegetarian starter
kit now!
http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/default.asp

@@^>
2007-09-26 03:00:45 EST
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:47:45 +0100, Old Codger
<*r@EuroSeptic.Con> wrote:

>React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today
>
>PETA has been inundated with requests for our free emergency
>vegetarian starter kits
>http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/default.asp
> since foot-and-mouth disease was found in animals in the UK again.
>
>The problem needs to be addressed at its root. Mad cow disease, SARS,
>avian flu and now foot-and-mouth disease are all predictable
>consequences of the sickening and cruel meat industry.
>
>Animals in factory farms are raised in severely crowded, unnatural
>conditions, where disease spreads like wildfire. Almost all pigs
>raised for meat in Britain are factory-farmed. They are kept indoors
>in crowded, filthy conditions that cause extreme stress and
>discomfort. Every time they give birth, most breeding pigs spend at
>least a month in a metal farrowing crate which is so small that they
>can hardly move. Most pigs don't even have any bedding. They spend
>their lives on dirty, wet concrete. Diseases are common, as is the use
>of drugs and antibiotics.
>
>Cows on dairy farms have their babies stolen from them, are made to
>stand in stalls for much of their lives and are kept constantly
>pregnant. This often leads to excruciating udder infections, lameness
>and infertility. Cows in the dairy industry are typically killed when
>they are less than 5 years old.
>
>One factory-farm chicken or turkey shed can house tens of thousands of
>birds, who are constantly kept cooped up in their own filth, allowing
>diseases to spread quickly amongst them. Laying hens are typically
>kept in stacked cages, causing excrement from the birds on top to fall
>on the birds below.
>
>It's no wonder the British public is going vegetarian upon realising
>that as long as animals are intensively raised for meat, there will be
>diseases – whether it's BSE, bird flu, SARS, foot-and-mouth disease or
>others. With diseases running rampant in crowded, filthy factory farms
>– and the known link between meat-eating and heart disease – the best
>thing to do is to avoid meat like the plague.

It's taken a long time but finally the public is waking up to the
filthy meat on their plate.

--

Hansom <0>++<0>

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

****************

Dutch
2007-09-26 06:12:59 EST
Old Codger wrote:
> React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today

It is more likely that one will be hit by lightening than become
sick from hoof and mouth. How shall we run from that?

Dutch
2007-09-26 06:18:54 EST
@@^> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:47:45 +0100, Old Codger
> <OldTodger@EuroSeptic.Con> wrote:
>
>> React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today
>>
>> PETA has been inundated with requests for our free emergency
>> vegetarian starter kits

Starter kits?? A bag of rice?

>> http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/default.asp
>> since foot-and-mouth disease was found in animals in the UK again.
>>
>> The problem needs to be addressed at its root. Mad cow disease, SARS,
>> avian flu and now foot-and-mouth disease are all predictable
>> consequences of the sickening and cruel meat industry.
>>
>> Animals in factory farms are raised in severely crowded, unnatural
>> conditions, where disease spreads like wildfire. Almost all pigs
>> raised for meat in Britain are factory-farmed. They are kept indoors
>> in crowded, filthy conditions that cause extreme stress and
>> discomfort. Every time they give birth, most breeding pigs spend at
>> least a month in a metal farrowing crate which is so small that they
>> can hardly move. Most pigs don't even have any bedding. They spend
>> their lives on dirty, wet concrete. Diseases are common, as is the use
>> of drugs and antibiotics.
>>
>> Cows on dairy farms have their babies stolen from them, are made to
>> stand in stalls for much of their lives and are kept constantly
>> pregnant. This often leads to excruciating udder infections, lameness
>> and infertility. Cows in the dairy industry are typically killed when
>> they are less than 5 years old.
>>
>> One factory-farm chicken or turkey shed can house tens of thousands of
>> birds, who are constantly kept cooped up in their own filth, allowing
>> diseases to spread quickly amongst them. Laying hens are typically
>> kept in stacked cages, causing excrement from the birds on top to fall
>> on the birds below.
>>
>> It's no wonder the British public is going vegetarian upon realising
>> that as long as animals are intensively raised for meat, there will be
>> diseases – whether it's BSE, bird flu, SARS, foot-and-mouth disease or
>> others. With diseases running rampant in crowded, filthy factory farms
>> – and the known link between meat-eating and heart disease – the best
>> thing to do is to avoid meat like the plague.
>
> It's taken a long time but finally the public is waking up to the
> filthy meat on their plate.

The public may not be that bright but they're not dumb enough to
fall for bullshit like you're spreading.

>> For delicious vegetarian recipes, visit

Meat dishes are even more delicious, too bad you've brainwashed
yourself so that you'll never get to enjoy them for the rest of
this one life you have been given on this earth. I guess misery
loves company huh?

Gloria
2007-09-26 06:24:12 EST
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:12:59 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:

>Old Codger wrote:
>> React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today
>
>It is more likely that one will be hit by lightening than become
>sick from hoof and mouth.

You cant, but you can avoid eating filthy, infected, drugged up meat.

Gloria
2007-09-26 06:28:15 EST
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:18:54 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:

>@@^> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:47:45 +0100, Old Codger
>> <OldTodger@EuroSeptic.Con> wrote:
>>
>>> React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today
>>>
>>> PETA has been inundated with requests for our free emergency
>>> vegetarian starter kits
>
>Starter kits?? A bag of rice?
>
>>> http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/UKvegkit/default.asp
>>> since foot-and-mouth disease was found in animals in the UK again.
>>>
>>> The problem needs to be addressed at its root. Mad cow disease, SARS,
>>> avian flu and now foot-and-mouth disease are all predictable
>>> consequences of the sickening and cruel meat industry.
>>>
>>> Animals in factory farms are raised in severely crowded, unnatural
>>> conditions, where disease spreads like wildfire. Almost all pigs
>>> raised for meat in Britain are factory-farmed. They are kept indoors
>>> in crowded, filthy conditions that cause extreme stress and
>>> discomfort. Every time they give birth, most breeding pigs spend at
>>> least a month in a metal farrowing crate which is so small that they
>>> can hardly move. Most pigs don't even have any bedding. They spend
>>> their lives on dirty, wet concrete. Diseases are common, as is the use
>>> of drugs and antibiotics.
>>>
>>> Cows on dairy farms have their babies stolen from them, are made to
>>> stand in stalls for much of their lives and are kept constantly
>>> pregnant. This often leads to excruciating udder infections, lameness
>>> and infertility. Cows in the dairy industry are typically killed when
>>> they are less than 5 years old.
>>>
>>> One factory-farm chicken or turkey shed can house tens of thousands of
>>> birds, who are constantly kept cooped up in their own filth, allowing
>>> diseases to spread quickly amongst them. Laying hens are typically
>>> kept in stacked cages, causing excrement from the birds on top to fall
>>> on the birds below.
>>>
>>> It's no wonder the British public is going vegetarian upon realising
>>> that as long as animals are intensively raised for meat, there will be
>>> diseases – whether it's BSE, bird flu, SARS, foot-and-mouth disease or
>>> others. With diseases running rampant in crowded, filthy factory farms
>>> – and the known link between meat-eating and heart disease – the best
>>> thing to do is to avoid meat like the plague.
>>
>> It's taken a long time but finally the public is waking up to the
>> filthy meat on their plate.
>
>The public may not be that bright but they're not dumb enough to
>fall for bullshit like you're spreading.

You obviously know nothing about current farming.

http://tinyurl.com/25d6dq

What's to enjoy? http://tinyurl.com/25d6dq

> for the rest of
>this one life you have been given on this earth.

Your idea of an enjoyable life is eating contaminated meat!
http://tinyurl.com/25d6dq

And you advise others to get a life!!! LOL

> I guess misery
>loves company huh?

The question is do you feel lucky?

http://tinyurl.com/25d6dq

Dutch
2007-09-26 15:35:36 EST
Gloria wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:12:59 GMT, Dutch <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Old Codger wrote:
>>> React to Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Go Vegetarian Today
>> It is more likely that one will be hit by lightening than become
>> sick from hoof and mouth.
>
> You cant, but you can avoid eating filthy, infected, drugged up meat.

I agree, there is clean, healthy organic meat available in most
areas these days.