Dog Discussion: Hello

Hello

Joe
2003-08-13 15:46:25 EST
Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this group. I have a question. I
have a poodle, miniature, 8 yrs old. He has awful smelling breath.
Earlier this year he had lyme disease. When I took him to the vet I
mentioned his bad breath, but it was an afterthought. I'm not sure,
but the vet never gave me an answer about the breath. Anyway, after he
took his antibiotics for the lyme, his breath seemed to get better.
That was in February. Now, his breath stinks again. Any suggestions?
We moved to Florida in March, and he had some stomach problems in the
mornings, but he's been okay of late ( I chalked up the early morning
stomach problems to possibly be related to the awful water we get
here). Any thoughts appreciated.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-08-16 00:55:02 EST
HOWEDY diddler,

"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
> Joe <bowwow@dog.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this group.

HOWEDY Joe. Permit The Puppy Wizard to introduce
you arHOWEND.

> Perhaps you might take him back to the vet to look for the cause
of his
> halitosis. Everytime I have had a dog with bad breath, there has
been a
> medical reason that we fixed. Sometimes it can be a bit
expensive to sort
> out, and can be time consuming, but in the end, it's always been
worth
> finding out and fixing.
>
> Hope That Helps
> diddy

Here's diddler hurtin and killin critters. Let's hope this helps:

diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Oh My God
Date: 2002-01-16 13:39:59 PST

Two nights ago, Reka started acting frantic about 11pm.
I let her out. It's coyote breeding season, and she is
fascinated by them. I assumed she wanted to go out and
listen to them howling. I brought her in, and she spent
the night franticly and desperately demanding to go out.

After about 4am, I finally put her in the barn, locked
securely in a horse stall for the night.

She came in by morning, and had a normal active, playful
day. Last night, at 11pm, She franticly DEMANDED to go
out. I let her out, and brought her in. At midnight, she
DEMANDED to be let out. I let her out, but I went out
to the barn and got a crate, and decided she could
spend the rest of the night in the crate. We were NOT
going to do a repeat of the previous night AGAIN.

At 3am, she whined so loudly, I then decided not to
allow her to set a precedence of this type of behavior.
So I took her crate out to the heated gun shop and
decided to let her act out her bad behavior in peace,
and send a message that her obnoxious behavior
was not going to be tolerated.

This morning at 6am, I went out, and she had vomited
(normal looking dog food) and defecated in her crate
(not normal for Reka, but then, She normally didn't
sleep in a crate, NEVER gets corrected (she never does
anything to GET corrected for) and was probably nerves
from the outside experience, plus reprimand and solitary
confinement.)

I let her in the house while I cleaned the cage. Hoping
I had made my point. She acted healthy and normal, and
playful and chipper. But then I noticed a spot of blood on
the bathroom linoleum and in the bathtub. I was the last to
take a bath, so I knew REKA was the last in the tub.

That blood didnt come from me, so it HAD to come from
Reka. Thinking about her nearing the end of her heat cycle,
I still didnt think a lot about it. I thought her obnoxious
behavior the past couple nights WAS her heat cycle..
and corresponding coyote breeding season.

Then while feeding her breakfast, I saw the whole story.
She had blood (fresh) streaming from her RECTUM. UhOh.

I had her at the vets office this morning before he
opened. He just said her intestines were all bunched
up with huge air pockets.

Was there any chance that she ate strings of carpets? I
said, last Thursday we took a plastic tarp out of the yard
that we had over the grill to protect it from the weather
because she was chewing it. That would explain
EVERYTHING.

The strings are binding and bunching up her intestines,
cutting her internally and tying her intestines in knots as
it works its way through.

Reka is in a very critical situation. She is going to
require extensive and expensive surgery that I cant
afford. I will manage.

Even with the surgery, her condition will be critical
for awhile. Scary thoughts. I would never have
treated her the way I did last night, if I had even a
clue that she was sick. I feel so badly.
--
diddy

==============

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: What would you do in this situation?
Date: 2002-05-31 14:49:22 PST

Actually, I borrowed the vets office kitten once for a
couple days for school education on pet care and safe
handling as well as responsible pet ownership.

I kept the kitten over night in a crate within a crate
and yet my dog (yes, Angelic Danny, as well as Taya
and Toby tore that kittne to threads from between the
crate bars. (apparently he stuck his paws through the
crate to bat at the dogs. I was out doing yard work
and rushed in to find the little kittens pieces and
parts being torn through by ALL the dogs.

I called my girl friend to come get my dogs. I screamed
displeasure, and stalked out with the kitten. Danny, et
al spent 3 days in a kennel until I finally felt like I
could interact with them without doing bodily harm. All
three dogs were never touched, but knew they had done
something so unspeakable that I wouldn't associate with
them and they got banished.

To this day, Taya (mom and Dad's dog) and Danny will not
look at a cat. When confronted with one, Danny wees
himself and cowers hiding behind me for help. I'm not
saying this would work this way with all dogs, But mom
and dad now have a house cat, and she has never been
harmed by any of the dogs. Danny is there all the time,
unsupervised, and has no interest in harming the cat.

DIDDY ON CATS (shoot, don't trap)

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: Fur Auction Ohio State Trappers Association
Xenia Ohio Feb 15 2002
Date: 2002-02-16 12:06:21 PST

If I can get him away from the Olympics, I'll have him
answer that. He doesn't know how to change the identity on
the computer, so if "I" answer this post... it's really
Jeff. And no.... we went to watch. He sold nothing. btw..
are these "CATS" feral domestic cats? (sorry not familiar
with Oklahoma) (I just shoot the DSH cats. Jeff caught a
couple cats last summer while nuisance trapping an orchard,
but it wasn't intentional)
--
diddy

=====================

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: cats : Crating/Caging: What constitutes abuse?
Date: 2002-08-23 09:18:08 PST

Lyn wrote:

> > You know I'm a cat abuser because I let my cat out.
> > Alison

> Well, it totally depends upon where you live, as to whether
> or not doing so is in the best interest of your animal.
> Abuser isn't a term I would use, and I am a "cat group" regular.

Here it would be abuse. If you like your cat you keep it home.

I run a state authorized and monitored nuisance animal
trapline.

This morning there was a cat in a snare. Ordinarily, an
animal caught in a snare can be released unharmed. One of the
animals I am targeting is coyotes (and the complaint was that
coyotes were killing area cats) Duh..

If your cats are becoming lunch for wild animals, to me ..
It makes sense to keep your cats in where they
can't become lunch.. whatever.

Regarding this cat in the snare. It went nuts. It leaped,
and tangled itself, and most certainly strangulated it's
intestines. It had the snare pulled tight down to the
diameter of a dime (just large enough to encircle the
spine) around the waist area.

This cats snarled, and attacked. Trying to extricate this cat
was exceedingly difficult, not to mention dangerous. Because
I feared damage to the intestines and death of the gut, I
imagined this cat was not likely to survive.

It would have been much simpler to dispatch the unfortunate
cat and take out the dead body. Instead, this cat wore a
collar. it deserved a chance, and the owner deserved closure.
(no id on the collar) .

It escaped, just as I released it and it couldn't be taken to
the vet for examination. I will probably never know if this
particular cat survives the experience or not.

People in the area were aware that trapping was being done and
apparently still let their cats run free, b oth endangered by
the traps and by the coyotes being targeted that are causing a
problem with their cat population.

Had that cat not been wearing a collar, I would not have tried
to release this hostile cat. Releasing it may not have been a
kindness, but then... cats weren't supposed to be attracted to
this type of trap, in this position, and then they weren't
supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this situation.
If you like your pet, you keep them home.

======================================

> > Who's he? I can't see any posts by anyone of that name.
> > Tell us about your dogs, please, Jennifer, Stan and Tara.
> > Alikat
>
> With strategic killfiling, I also don't see others rebuttals
> either

Yeah. Like you missed my information on breaking dogs of
CHEWING and besides, you was too busy jerking and choking
and scolding your dog.

> It got quiet once I learned effective killfiling.

Didn't it though??? Seein as most every thread is about Jerry
Howe and why you should KILLFILE the INFORMATION you bums
need and don't have cause if you admit to using my methods,
your pals will be EMBARRASSED after they've been tellin
everybody my methods don't work and I'm a liar and con man.

That's O.K., diddler. I PLANNED it like that... I'm a dog
trainer.

> I haven't seen a JH post since last august..

INDEED, but HE sees yours, diddler.

> and thought he ceased to exist,

Like your dog came close to not existing anyMOORE after
chewin up some stuff and got HURT on it.

Cost you THOUSANDS at the vet??? At least $1500.00, eh
diddler?

> until you mentioned that it's apparently a problem for you

Seems Jerry's a bit of a problem for ALL of our dog lovers...
who like to jerk and choke and shock and spray aversives in
their dog's faces, diddler.

Have a little whine to wash down the strings of carpet your
dog swallowed cause you used it to cover something else he was
chewing...

> A Salute to Casey, and sent with sympathies.

Save it diddler, you need it for yourself.

You could have avoided the entire incident had you
TRAINED your dog using my methods not to chew
stuff. But you'd rather force, intimidate and barricade
instead of handle and train your dog like a respectable
dog handler and decent human being. Adios... Thug.

Jerry.

> diddy

================

Joe
2003-08-17 06:07:56 EST
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:55:02 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@earthlink.net> wrote:

>HOWEDY diddler,
>
>"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
>> Joe <bowwow@dog.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this group.
>
>HOWEDY Joe. Permit The Puppy Wizard to introduce
>you arHOWEND.
>
>> Perhaps you might take him back to the vet to look for the cause
>of his
>> halitosis. Everytime I have had a dog with bad breath, there has
>been a
>> medical reason that we fixed. Sometimes it can be a bit
>expensive to sort
>> out, and can be time consuming, but in the end, it's always been
>worth
>> finding out and fixing.
>>
>> Hope That Helps
>> diddy
>
>Here's diddler hurtin and killin critters. Let's hope this helps:
>
>diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
>Subject: Oh My God
>Date: 2002-01-16 13:39:59 PST
>
>Two nights ago, Reka started acting frantic about 11pm.
>I let her out. It's coyote breeding season, and she is
>fascinated by them. I assumed she wanted to go out and
>listen to them howling. I brought her in, and she spent
>the night franticly and desperately demanding to go out.

It doesn't.

Krishur
2003-08-17 06:45:38 EST
My girl developed really bad breath when her anal sacs were infected. It too
got better when she was on anti-botics, then got bad again but it turned out
the infection came back. It's been cured for a while now but for some reason
her breath is still a little stinky but we can't find anything wrong with
her (physicals and blood tests reveal nothing and she acts just fine). If
you would post when you have your answer I'd really appreciate it.

Kristen

"Joe" <bowwow@dog.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this group. I have a question. I
> have a poodle, miniature, 8 yrs old. He has awful smelling breath.
> Earlier this year he had lyme disease. When I took him to the vet I
> mentioned his bad breath, but it was an afterthought. I'm not sure,
> but the vet never gave me an answer about the breath. Anyway, after he
> took his antibiotics for the lyme, his breath seemed to get better.
> That was in February. Now, his breath stinks again. Any suggestions?
> We moved to Florida in March, and he had some stomach problems in the
> mornings, but he's been okay of late ( I chalked up the early morning
> stomach problems to possibly be related to the awful water we get
> here). Any thoughts appreciated.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-08-19 13:03:29 EST
HOWEDY Joe,

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:55:02 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
> <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >HOWEDY diddler,

> It doesn't.

O.K. NO PROBLEMO! We got LOTS of real helpful info:

MENTAL ILLNESS IN RPD*
Mental illness is a public issue in these newsgroups.
People are always running around calling other people
mentally ill and diagnosing their illnesses. I think it's
only fair that we have an accurate list of who is and
who isn't mentally ill, so that we can avoid any
misunderstandings and promote group harmony.

> I'll be you've never had to put down litters of
> beautiful labrador puppies? If you had did, maybe
> you'd be singing a different tune?

"Actually, have held them for the tech to euth, and
put their bodies in the trash bag and in the freezer
for the trash company to come and dispose of.

No different tune," ~Emily

"I'll bet you don't know a thing about me. I volunteered
as assistant to the euthanasia tech at our local shelter
for a while, and I know a bit about overpopulation and
unwanted animals.

This however has nothing at all to do with responsible
breeders, because responsible breeders don't contribute
to that problem," Mustang Sally.

> lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
> For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
> pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
> When he barks, use the line for a correction.
>
>>- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.
>>
>>Lynn K.
>
> ================
>
>>lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
>> depression) will "put down a
>> biter
>> as fast as anyone" yet claims
>> be a saintly dog rescuer
>
>>Lynn K. wrote:
>>
>>"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
>>one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
>>schedules and duties causes a great deal of
>>scheduling overhead.
>>
>>And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
>>volunteers get the meaningful experience that
>>they work for.
>>
>>Someone has to be responsible for that
>>Volunteer Program, and it is best done
>>by a non-volunteer."
>>
>>Lynn K.
>>---------------------------------
>>
>>"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
>>every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
>>effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
>>older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted
>>condition.
>>
>>Should I have refused to groom them?
>>
>>Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
>>had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."
>>
>>Lynn K.
>>--------------------------------------

Updated list as of 6/19/2003:

list of confirmed or suspected mentally ill (crazy) Regulars
Most of whom are women or homosexuals
=======================================

MaryBeth
MVP (most valuable psycho)

Has contributed greatly to the annual
profit
(super psycho results at several large pharmaceutical corps
bitch lunatic has taken virtually every mentally ill (crazy)
queen of the drug treatment in the book, and then some:
mentally fucked prozac, zoloft, amitryptiline, Buspar, Xanax,
in the head effexor, paxil, HRT, wellbutrin,
tranquilizers,
clomid,

has suffered from or been:
suicidal, agoraphobic, tidal waves of PMS,
mood swings, turned into a hermit, bloated,
just real angry, hubby afraid of her, high
blood pressure, divorced, "raving bitch"
"zoloft zombie" for four years, "living
through layers and layers of gauze," chain
smoker, buzzing, weight gain, fatigue,
terrible dry mouth, dull headaches, fuzzy
brain, lack of concentration..etc.
severe depression, severe insomnia, Panic
ALL the time, crying, not sleeping, you
name
it...etc...

MaryBeth (on being seriously f'd in the head
aka mentally ill) aka cuckoo! kuckoo! ding! ding! ding!
aka a superpsychotic bitch from hell

"I know for a fact I went thru years of
being overly sensitive, being a b*tch,
being self centered, being self pitying,
you name it, I was a wreck and I ran over
everyone in my path."

"<G> I do know the power of meds,
especially
on a long term basis, and it's not pretty.
You become another person, if it's not the
correct med for you.

--All the best,
MaryBeth

"Yup Diane, I am taking Zoloft, and my
Rheumatologist told me that taking
Ultram with it can cause seizures."

"I have all the symptoms.I am suicidal at
times (cyclical) have severe insomnia,
'crawly' skin etc. I have an appt to see
my doc next Friday to test for menopause."

--MaryBeth

"I noticed that antidepressants cut libido
into the dead zone and I had no real
emotions,
like not laughing at funny stuff, couldn't
cry
either.....except about my suicidal
thoughts
(but at the time I thought there was no
other
way out)."

--MaryBeth

"Hi, new to group, just starting Clomid
today.
I talked with RE and pharmacist re: zoloft
(50
mg daily) and ineraction with Clomid. They
reported none. Not sure about the prozac
tho.
Gonna poat a new message to intorduce
myself :)"

--MaryBeth <still feeling like herself>
<G>

"I wasted about 10 years of my life, and
lost
many many treasured ppl and things. Please
don't do the same. (((((((SCOUT))))))))))

--MaryBeth

"Slowly but surely my depression got worse
and
worse. They put me on meds for it, and all
along kept telling me to wait on the TKR, as
'it really wasn't that bad.....yet". HA!"
The depression got so bad, and lots of other
things happened and my ex and I would up
divorced four years after our move. It was
horrible. The hardest thing I have eve gone
thru"

--MaryBeth

Theresa Willis (paxil, depression, robot displacement)

shelly couvrette OCD, depression, drugs to be named later
(familial mental illness, possibly
related
to family bed)

lynn kosmakos
lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
depression) will "put down a biter
as fast as anyone" yet claims to
be a saintly dog rescuer

Leah Effexor for chronic depression, in denial
about being mentally ill

Tara Green was on antidepressants for a few years
prior to her marriage. During her
marriage,
she learned a lot:
"With the therapist I saw during my
marriage
I learned that some situational
depressions
are masked as chemical simply because
of our
too human ability to prolong the impact
of
the causal situations indefinitely"
Sounds like moore denial, see leah

Tara is also a drunk who has also had
problems with other substances

TARA on being a drunk/substance abuser:

"Tara (who had some problems with quite
few substances as well, but who thinks
they
are separate issues.....so which camp
does
that put me in???)"

"Believe it or not, some people don't
have
a problem with drugs even though they
are
alcoholics. I'm not one of those
people, but

they do exist."

aka, tara has problems with both

Kevin Michael various mental illness drugs, started with
Vail zoloft, didn't like that, then went to
antidepressant, stopped after sufficent
side
effects, now on SSRI and in therapy

Furpaw (SSRI, cognitive therapy)

Chris Jung (Prozac and Welbutrin, cognitive therapy)

Charlie Wilkes drugged out, crazy, fucked up all his
life, Christ the shit he's been through
including psych wards and electroshock
treatments but now pulling down major
cash
as a business consultant. Triumphing over
adversity, with a damn good life and a
well trained dog (very much unlike Leah)

Karen DuChateaux suffered from clinical depression for years
aka Karibear until some drug or something brought her out
of it. Some of her best friends "are
certifiable" and have various degrees of
psychoses. Familial mental disability.
Refuses to say whether or not she is
currently using drug or cognitive therapy
for mental illness.

Mike "DumbOxDumb" threated Jerry Howe with his fully armed
Dufort (pending) US Army Platoon

Threatened to bring his platoon to Jerry's HOWSE. also OCD
(obsessed with Jerry's posts)

Jim Sabatke Jim is currently on Effexor which he takes
because of his depression/mental problems.
Like many of our mental cases, Jim
has had
trouble finding the right med(s) to keep him
from going kuckoo!! kuckoooo!!! or getting
the "brain shivers"

From: Jim Sabatke (jsabatke@execpc.com)
Subject: Re: anyone using Effexor?
alt.support.depression.medication
Date: 2002-11-29 20:25:16 PST

EFFEXOR
"I'm on 375 mg/day and it has worked
wonders for me. The only down side is
that my blood pressure has elevated
somewhat; oh and if I miss a dose by a
couple of hours the "brain shivers" can
be really bad.

Good luck!

Jim"

"I switched from Paxil to Effexor about
5 months ago. I tapered off of the Paxil
and tapered onto the Effexor at the same
time."

Jim

"After several years on Effexor IR, my
pdoc tried switching me to XR. I
experienced fairly severe Effexor
withdrawel until I went back to the IR."

Jim

ADD YOUR NAME HERE
(please proudly add your name and the drugs/disorders
specific to you, if you are also mentally ill). If we all come
forward, we can help each other with our problems.

Remember, mental illness is nothing to be ashamed
of. It's not your fault if you have a defective brain which
may cause you to act like an extreme hypocrite and/or
idiot and/or robot without your being aware of it).

Also, please notify us if you are *not* mentally ill, and
have been added to this by mistake, so we can make
our corrections and remove you from the crazy person list.

--
mental health weekly

Joe
2003-08-21 18:57:29 EST
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:45:38 -0400, "Krishur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>My girl developed really bad breath when her anal sacs were infected. It too
>got better when she was on anti-botics, then got bad again but it turned out
>the infection came back. It's been cured for a while now but for some reason
>her breath is still a little stinky but we can't find anything wrong with
>her (physicals and blood tests reveal nothing and she acts just fine). If
>you would post when you have your answer I'd really appreciate it.
>
>Kristen

Since I posted this, my dog's breath has improved greatly. Maybe it
has something to do with his diet (he eats dry food for breakfast and
wet Pedigree for dinner). That's probably not it because I haven't
fchanged his diet... Anyway, old fishface is starting to smell a
little better! If it acts up again, to the vet he goes.

>"Joe" <bowwow@dog.com> wrote in message
>> Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this group. I have a question. I
>> have a poodle, miniature, 8 yrs old. He has awful smelling breath.
>> Earlier this year he had lyme disease. When I took him to the vet I
>> mentioned his bad breath, but it was an afterthought. I'm not sure,
>> but the vet never gave me an answer about the breath. Anyway, after he
>> took his antibiotics for the lyme, his breath seemed to get better.
>> That was in February. Now, his breath stinks again. Any suggestions?
>> We moved to Florida in March, and he had some stomach problems in the
>> mornings, but he's been okay of late ( I chalked up the early morning
>> stomach problems to possibly be related to the awful water we get
>> here). Any thoughts appreciated.

Joe
2003-08-21 18:59:19 EST
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:03:29 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@earthlink.net> wrote:

>HOWEDY Joe,
>
>"Joe" <bowwow@dog.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:55:02 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
>> <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> >HOWEDY diddler,
>
>> It doesn't.
>
>O.K. NO PROBLEMO! We got LOTS of real helpf

What's the matter with this guy? Got nothing better to do than hang
around a dog newsgroup and post crap?

KrisHur
2003-08-22 09:52:36 EST
Yes, you hit the nail right on the head. Just ignore him or do what most of
us do and killfile him.
--
Kristen and
Kali CD, CGC, TDI, TT

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever
made."
-M.Facklam

> What's the matter with this guy? Got nothing better to do than hang
> around a dog newsgroup and post crap?

Nobody
2016-09-24 22:08:54 EST
Did you check for gingivitis?

I've used Greenies dental treats to some degree of success... would
be nice if it were possible to brush her teeth... let's just say that
she makes a huge production out of the attempt.