Dog Discussion: My Dog Ate Raw Steak!

My Dog Ate Raw Steak!

Came home tonight to find that my dog at an entire raw steak that was over
1.5 yrs old (I found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to throw it
away). She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about her getting sick, or
parasites/worms. Is this something to be worried about? Is there anything I
can do to prevent worms?
Thanks

Ngumba Zuleke
2004-05-29 04:31:56 EST

D <d@d.com> wrote in message news:ESWtc.2010$aM1.397@fed1read02...
> Came home tonight to find that my dog at an entire raw steak that was
over
> 1.5 yrs old (I found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to throw it
> away). She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about her getting sick,
or
> parasites/worms. Is this something to be worried about? Is there
anything I
> can do to prevent worms?

errrr, worming tablets ?

> Thanks

ummm....... how long had the steak been out
of the freezer ?

long enough for flies to lay eggs in there you reckon ?

even so.... i don't think (but don't quote me on this)
that it would be too much of a problem...

dogs bury old meat to eat later all the time.

give a few of your local vets a call and
see what they reckon.

Buglady
2004-05-29 07:38:51 EST

"D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:ESWtc.2010$aM1.397@fed1read02...
> Came home tonight to find that my dog at an entire raw steak that was over
> 1.5 yrs old (I found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to throw it
> away). She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about her getting sick, or
> parasites/worms. Is this something to be worried about? Is there anything
> can do to prevent worms?

.......After 1.5 years in the freezer there are no parasites. Lucky dog to
score a real piece of meat! The only thing I'd worry about is if there was
a bone as after that much time in the freezer the bone would have dried out
considerably - was it boneless?

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Yup- was boneless flank steak- had been out for most the day, but kept in
freezer paper. What are these worming tablets, and how do they work? Where
can I get them- I assume PetCo or something, right? You guys think I need
them? I'll try calling a vet today and see what they think as well.
THANK YOU!

"buglady" <buglady99@bigfootdog.com> wrote in message

> "D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:ESWtc.2010$aM1.397@fed1read02...
> > Came home tonight to find that my dog at an entire raw steak that was
over
> > 1.5 yrs old (I found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to throw it
> > away). She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about her getting sick, or
> > parasites/worms. Is this something to be worried about? Is there
anything
> > can do to prevent worms?
>
> .......After 1.5 years in the freezer there are no parasites. Lucky dog
> score a real piece of meat! The only thing I'd worry about is if there
was
> a bone as after that much time in the freezer the bone would have dried
out
> considerably - was it boneless?
>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replying

Sharon Too
2004-05-29 11:42:14 EST
> Yup- was boneless flank steak- had been out for most the day, but kept in
> freezer paper. What are these worming tablets, and how do they work? Where
> can I get them- I assume PetCo or something, right? You guys think I need
> them? I'll try calling a vet today and see what they think as well.
> THANK YOU!

Worms don't survive the frozen state. I'd be more concerned if he went out
and licked a stack of firewood where a racoon latrine was. Now that's a
cause of concern for parasites.

-Sharon (I agree... lucky dog scored big)

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-29 15:19:02 EST
HOWEDY D,

"D" <d@d.com> wrote in message

> Came home tonight to find that my dog at an
> entire raw steak that was over 1.5 yrs old (I
> found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to
> throw it away).

Yeah. HOWE COME you can't train your dog
not to steal stuff HOWETA the garbage? It's
EZ, you know, and can be done NEARLY
INSTANTLY, and for FREE, if you know HOWE.

> She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about
> her getting sick, or parasites/worms.

All depends on HOWE long it's been defrosted
and standin at room temperature. 24 HOWERS
would probably abHOWET max it HOWET for
human consumption. But your mileage may vary.

> Is this something to be worried about?

All depends on HOWE rancit it was.

> Is there anything I can do to prevent worms?

Worms travel the fecal / oral rout, or have
an intermediate host, like a mosquito or flea.

> Thanks

What your dog can hurt hisself on is irrelevant.
He can hurt himself on anything anywhere. The
problem is HOWE to train him not to stea and
swallow stuff he shouldn't have.

HOWER dog lovers don't know HOWE to accomplish
that, cause it goes against their nature not to punish
warn and scold dogs for bad behaviors, which is HOWE
COME they do BAD things as soon as you turn your back,
when you can't CONTROL them, therebye VARIABLY
REINFORCING undesirable, self rewarding BAD BEHAVIORS.

That's HOWE COME punishment and bribery fail.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Jerry's Dog Training Manual
Date: 2001-07-12 06:49:13 PST

>Paul B wrote:
>> While the concept of shake cans is not new,
>> I haven't read any other advice that says to
>> praise immediately regardless of what the dog
>> does next (the common advice is to praise once
>> the dog is doing a desired behaviour or at least
>> stopped the unwanted behaviour), this is unique
>> to Jerry (and Marilyn) and from my own experiences
>> is an important part of the process.

And how do we know this aspect of his advice is right?

Jerry is not God and his manual is not the Bible.

His advice could be subject to an empirical analysis.

--Marshall

=================

"Marshall Dermer" <dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>

From: Paul B (NOSPAMpanders@zfree.co.nz)
Date: 2001-07-12 00:13:28 PST

Hello Marshall,

The way I view it from my observation of how
my dogs react is that the distraction interrupts
the dogs thought, not for good or bad, just
interrupts, the dog is therefore distracted for
a second and then will either continue the
behaviour or do something else.

The praise reassures the dog that the sound
distraction is not a threat or punishment,
however if everytime the dog resumes a
particular behaviour it's distracted immediately
(and praised immediately for reassurance) then
it quickly decides this behaviour is not fulfilling
and it ceases.

A dog will offer another behaviour in it's place
and if that is acceptable to us then we let it be
otherwise the distraction continues until a suitable
alternate behaviour is offered.

One example, Sam used to jump up on me
when I arrived home, I would shake can to
distract him right at the moment he was
about to jump up, after about 4 repetitions
he tried sitting and offering me his paw, of
course this was fine so I let it be.

==============

> There really is NOTHING new about the advice above!

Nuthin EXXXCEPT HOWE IT'S DONE.

> Sound distraction may be understood in
> terms of the more general behavior analytic
> approach as follows.
>
> The distracting stimulus

Like a SCRUFF SHAKE, professor?

>evokes a behavior that is incompatible with barking.

You mean like SCREAMING "NO!" into ITS face
for 5 seconds?

> The dog engages in some other behavior

NO, professor SCRUFF SHAKE.

THAT AIN'T HOWE IT WORKS.

> and then is reinforced (if praise functions as a
> reinforcer).

NO, professor. You don't UNDERSTAND the METHOD.

> --Marshal

ANAL-yize THIS, professor SCRUFF SHAKE:

Here's professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM research
at UofWI marshall "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM
"NO!" into ITS face for five seconds and lock IT in a
box for ten minutes contemplation" dermer:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

******IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?*******

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works."

That's HOWE COME your dog has OCD behaviors
and is deathly ill from The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

And The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ you
can't post here abHOWETS noMOORE
cause you're a liar and a dog abuser and
a coward and a MENTAL CASE.
Here's HOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard teaches
HIS FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual Students to train their critters NEARLY
INSTANTLY:

"The Methods, Principles, And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change, Or They'd Not Be Scientific And Would
Not Obtain Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective Results
For All Handler's And All Dogs, As Taught In Your FREE
Copy Of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual."

Disciple Paulie Writes:

I've never forced my dogs to do anything, I tell them
they are good dogs and they seem to follow me, once
I told them they were bad dogs and they ran away from
me, now I only ever tell them they are good dogs and
they always are, always.

Trust your dog, ask it to do your request and say "good dog"
sincerely at the end of the request and I bet you'll
find your dog thinking then responding everytime.

A bit of respect works wonders, the same rule applies
to every aspect of the relationship with your dog.

Obedience and affection are not related, if they were
everyone would have obedient dogs.

Paul.

========================

Disciple Paulie Sez: "No One Understands How Wits
End Training Really Works, They Assume It's All Nicey
Nicey And don't Realise It's A Very Disciplined Method
That Deals With Any Situation And The Foundation Is
Built On Trust And Understanding."

Two HOWETA three Pauls PREFER NOT HURTIN
DOGS as The Puppy Wizard teaches in HIS FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.

Here's two Pauls:

Date: 5/22/03 11:24:35 PM Eastern
Daylight Time
From: p@cfl.rr.com
To: Witsenddog@aol.com

Well, let me tell you, your Wits' End
Dog Training Method works.

My dog, Dasie, Loves to chase chameleons
around the barbecue on the patio. I
used this system on four different occasions.

When she went out today, she looked
everywhere else but the barbecue.
Amazing, just amazing.

I will write to Amanda about the video.

I am really excited to learn more, and
understand. Maybe just a little reassurance
that I am going about it the right way.

Thanks again
Paul

=============================

> From: Paul B (NOSPAMpaulbousie@clear.net.nz)
> Subject: Re: Dog vs cat food (stealing cat food)
> Date: 2001-03-03 22:18:03 PST
>
> It's possible to teach a dog not to eat out of a cat bowl
> without too much difficulty.
>
> My dogs don't touch the food in the cat bowls although
> Roz licks up any bits that have been dropped around the
> bowls :-)
>
> I used a can with stones in it to create a distraction
> anytime the dogs tried to eat the cats food, followed
> with immediate praise. It worked a treat.
>
> The cats bowls are down all the time, usually there is
> food left over but the dogs don't eat it, even if we go
> out and leave the dogs with access inside through a
> dog door.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Obedience and affection are not related, if they
> were everyone would have obedient dogs.
>
> See the dogs, cats, us and pics of NZ etc at my homepage.....
>
> http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/paulbousie/index.html
>
> Updated regularly (last time 23 Jan 01) so keep coming back!!!
>
> ====================

Here's a couple of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Students tellin you HOWE they done it EZ GENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY and FOR FREE:

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net>
schreef inbericht

> You'll get ALL the INFORMATION you need in your
> FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
> Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual. You'll be
> taught some general exercises to calm and relax
> your dog and give him the direct attention he
> NEEDS in only a few minutes every other day, and
> you'll learn HOWE to use distraction and praise to
> EXXXTINGUISH the HABITUAL aspect of this DIS-
> EASE.

My dog (a 1 year old Yellow Lab) was biting his tail
at the root (Vet said his anal gland was blocked, and
was causing an itch).

After squeezing it, he still wouldn't stop biting his
tail. The vet advised a neck-funnel (don't know wat
you US-guy's call those) so he couldn't reach his butt.

I hate those things, i think they will drive a dog nuts.

I tried the wits end method. (difficult to read such a long
textfile if English is not your native language) Luckily this
is without all the "HOWE's" etc.so at least it's readable for
somebody like me.

The minute he started to bite i trew my key's
next to him on the floor, and praised him (he
stopped biting and looked up when he heard
the sound) I did this 7 times,

after that the tailbiting completely stopped.
Just give the wits end method a try.

One of the possible downloadlocations
is http://www.doggydoright.com/id3.html

Hennie van Dalen
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11

----------------------------

"Paul B" <abcde@clear.net.nz> schreef in bericht

> Both my dogs at some stage have licked a spot
> somewhere on their bodies and I have always
> managed to train them to stop. In all cases there
> was nothing wrong that licking would have helped
> (Roz has had cut pads, stitches in her belly and
> skin itrritations, all tempting her to lick), none of their
> licking has been due to any allergies
>
>. When I see the dog licking more than normal I
> look at the spot to see whats there and decide if
> a vet appointment is needed or to wait and see,
> keeping a close eye.
>
>To stop the licking I distract the dog and give it
> some friendly banter, when it starts licking again
> I repeat, usually after about 4 times the dog stops,
> for the moment at least, if it starts again then repeat,
> before long the dog has no more desire to lick that
> spot at all.

The same thing worked with my lab licking/chewing
problem too. He had an itch due to blocked anal glands
and started chewing and licking his tail at the root.

After the glands were squeezed, and the itch was
gone he still wouldn't stop. (because the place he
chewed raw was itching)

After some training (roughly the same methode as
yours) he stopped.

--
Hennie van Dalen
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11

--------------------------------------

"Hennie van Dalen" <h.vandalen11***removethis***@chello.nl>
wrote in message news:TlsCb.2895$7U1.7896@amstwist00...

RTFM is age-old computer lingo.... It stands for "Read The F***ing
Manual" ;-) I used the manual and it works
very good!

But it is a long text to read (76 pages printed on
A4-size paper) My lab is 1year old now, and teaching
him something new takes about 30minutes
(depending on what to teach offcourse)

My other dog (a 7year old staffordshire terrier-mix) is a bit
slower in learning, but he is used to me calling him a "bad
dog"whenever he did something i didn't want him to do, or
it might be the age.

Sometimes it looks like Sam (the lab) WANTS to learn
something new: he wants me to bring along the can
filled with washers whenever we go for a walk. It is a
very "humane" way of teaching: the dog is allways a
"good dog", and never a "bad dog"

There is nu punishment or prong-collars involved.

For a fact i tought him to heel in 15min's without
beeing on a leach at-all !!! When he spotted a dog,
he used to run towards it, but now i tought him to "ask
permission" first, and to my surprise it worked!

My dogs never went to puppy-training (lucky for them),
maybe this helped too.

Manual can be found at http://www.doggydoright.com/id3.html

From: "Paul Bousie"
<*e@clear.net.nz>
To: "'Don Fitz'"
<*9@hotmail.com>; <Amanda@DCFWatch.com> Cc:
<*2@bellsouth.net> Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 5:45 AM
Subject: RE: Jerry Howe

If you have read the newsgroup posts then
you must already have a good idea about
what I think.

His methods are the best I have come across.

They aren't a quick fix but an entire training
concept so if you aren't in for the long haul
then don't bother.

If you go his way then you have to
forget all the other gibberish that
other people spew, you have to
believe in what you are doing, then
and only then will you get the results.

You can't combine his methods with other
training methods, not until you understand
what you are trying to achieve, and even
then I have only ever combined about 2 other
trainers ideas and even then just a snip of
what they suggest which works in parallel
with the Wits End concept.

His methods make you as the trainer completely
responsible for your actions, his methods make
you think and work out your own solutions for any
given situation, the default (the recall) is always
there to get things under control again.

His ideas and concepts teach you to work with
the dog, to develop a team and a willingness to
work together which is surely the best way to be.

His methods don't use force or intimidation but
they do totally emphasize the absolute importance
of pack (family pack) structure, without that you can
achieve almost nothing.

If you are wondering how a dog can be trained
without any negativity the answer lies in the recall,
anytime your dog doesn't follow through with a
request you call him / her to you, since the recall
is the first thing taught and it is taught in such a
way it becomes a reflex the dog always returns to
you, it is a subordinate position for the dog and we
release it by asking for a "heel" which is an "equal"
position.

His methods are very good, his understanding
of dogs is excellent, I recommend his methods.

Paul Bousie

==============
"melisande" <melisande55@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I haven't quite finished reading the free chapter on
> your website,

It's moore than a chapter, it's a comprehensive,
total, complete, gestalt method to train all animals
to any level you desire.

> but it already worked miracles with our three dogs.

Excellent.

> The barking at the door has diminished so much
> that, well, frankly, we're stunned.

My methods work faster than any others, anywhere at
any price, including the thirty five level of medical grade
static like stimulation devices and pronged spiked pinch
choke collars our "experts" here love so much.

> We were sort of on the same page with you to begin
> with (no crates, no choke chains).

Good. Crates aren't inherently bad, only the way they're
misused.

> A lot of what you say reminds of my dad's techniques
> (he's an 84 year old dog lover,one of those about whom
> people say, "dogs really like him." He's
> never had a badly behaved dog.

Good. I've got a lot in common with folks who are gentle
and treat animals kindly.

> We'd never heard of the noise emphasis,

You mean the sound distraction and praise techniques.

> but the overall plan makes great sense.

Yes, one of my students Paul B wrote an excellent post
recently I'll include it at the bottom. It'll explain HOWE the
distraction and praise process works from his POV as an
experience handler using my methods.

> I did have a question. The hardest part for us to
> implement is the verbal praise only.

Why? That should be spontaneous and in association
with every glance towards you and every thought.

> It's so hard not to pet and stroke the dog (especially
> our seven month old).

Oh. Patting is O.K., only not in conjunction with a
thought or command, as it will interrupt the thought
process and may lock the dog's thoughts on an
inappropriate idea.

> Can you give me the rationale behind that?

It's called positive thigmotaxis, the opposition reflex.
Like if we're walking our dog and want to prevent him
from interacting with another dog, and we pull back
on the collar, that often triggers the dog to go out of
control.

As long as there's contact on the collar, the dog will
continue his original thoughts about interacting with
the passerby. Then because the dog is out of control,
the handler needs to further force restraint, making
communication with the dog's MIND, impossible.

> It will help me modify my own behavior.

Any time your dog is close enough to be patted is
fine to pat him, as long as we're not working with a
command or thought we want him to process.

> Anyway, your approach is amazing.

Yes, it's caused quite a stir here. If my methods are as
effective and fast and safe as I claim and my students
confirm, that pretty much means that all of my critics
are DEAD WRONG, and all's that's left for me to
do is shovel some dirt over them over and let 'em push
up daisies.

> Melisand

===================

On 18 Feb 2003 01:02:05 -0800, javagsd@yahoo.com
(Lynn K.) wrote:

Hell, if Jerry Howe had simply pointed to his training
manual occasionally instead of trying to bludgeon
people with his "method", I might have given it a 3rd
read to try to find something I could use in there.

Maybe not.

Lynn K.

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com
wrote in message news:
4*d@posting.google.com...

I read through his manual and tried the techniques
on my puppy, who looked like growing up to be a
mean-assed dog like her daddy.

Guess what? It worked.

More forceful methods might have allowed me
to control her, but I don't think I'd have the exquisitely
gentle and well-behaved dog I do now.

Charlie

--------------------

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com
wrote inmessage
news: pjaootcg8dgrptuu96383933eqk2jjp7b2@4ax.com...

I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite
a bit of the literature suggested I needed to
assert my dominance and "make the dog
earn everything it gets."

I tried this once or twice, just by taking a
stern tone of voice, and the results were
terrible. The pup got scared and just wanted
to stay away from me.

That's why I support Jerry Howe and his
FREE Wits' End Dog Training manual --
that and the fact that Jerry is an all-around
great guy.

The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual
is this: make yourself the center of your puppy's
world -- his personal Lord Jesus.

Never give him a reason to fear you or
think you're angry. Love the heck out of
him, and you'll end up with a great dog.

This has truly worked with my puppy.

She'll do anything I want her to, if she
understands, because she trusts me
100 percent, and nothing is more
important in her world than her
relationship with me. http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy

Charlie

I came here almost two years ago with
an aggressive female pup from hard-core
"protection" stock. The message I got from
nearly everyone was that I need to show my
dog who is boss, draw lines in the sand,
absolutely refuse to tolerate this and that.

Jerry has a different approach, and he
delivered some extremely helpful insights.

Now, my dog is not quite two years old, and
I could probably put her in some kind of obedience
competition against a Fred Hassan dog even though
I've had no experience or training whatsoever except
Jerry's manual and some personal tips from him that
were well worth following.

My Holly is an exceedingly well-behaved pet who
gets along well with everyone. And I believe Jerry
Howe is the best dog resource on the Internet,
bar none.

Charlie

BOTH THESE GUYS GOT DEAD DOGS
CAUSE THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE THEIR
Puppy Wizzzard TILL IT WAS TOO LATE.

=====================

============

<"Terri"@cyberhighway

> Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
> He has millions of people aleady reading his
> posts and watching him extract his soggy foot
> out of his mouth! Out of these MILLIONS, I've
> only seen 2 naive childs come forward and
> actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive
childs since I freely admit to having read and, I
hope, understood enough of the manual and it's
counterparts by John Fisher and the posts of
Marilyn Rammell to believe and use it.

This naive child would like to say thank you to both
Jerry and Marilyn for putting up with a constant
barrage of really infantile crap at the hands of
supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with
the nagging idea that if people like them had been
posting earlier, maybe we would not have had to
hold the head of a really magnificent animal in our
arms while he was given the needle and having to
hug him and wait until he gasped his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a
dog into good behavior. Naive is believing that
people that hide behind fake names are more
honest than people that use their real names.

Naive is thinking that dilettante dog breeders
and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have
studied and lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see
kindergarten level insults for what they are. Really
stupid is believing that people like Jerry Howe and
Marilyn Rammell are going to just go away because
you people act like fools.

Why do you act like fools? I really have no idea,
and I don't really care.

> And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward
> and actually admit to buying and having success
> with his little black box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day
and take it down to the Animal Shelter for their use
and testing. You would never believe the results, so
you'll never know.

> Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man
> coming by Jerry's posts deserves to get what
> is sure to be coming to him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and
Longsuffering Wife and Rollei will just have to get
what we deserve, eh? As Joey (Dogman) says,
"poor Rollei.".......right.

>Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to
listen to the box first?)

===============

Thank you, Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
http://www.doggydoright.com

The Puppy Wizard. <{}TPW; - ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?

,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. <{}YPW; ~ } >
oo-oo

Buglady
2004-05-29 16:57:05 EST

"D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:0W1uc.2031$aM1.17@fed1read02...
> Yup- was boneless flank steak- had been out for most the day, but kept in
> freezer paper. What are these worming tablets, and how do they work? Where
> can I get them- I assume PetCo or something, right? You guys think I need
> them? I'll try calling a vet today and see what they think as well.
> THANK YOU!

.....You DON'T need worming tablets! Since it was boneless, just stop
worrying.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Tim Kettring
2004-05-29 17:19:20 EST
I dont think you need worming tablets , and I dont trust over the counter
dog meds , since my dog almost died from over the counter flea drops .

"D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:0W1uc.2031$aM1.17@fed1read02...
> Yup- was boneless flank steak- had been out for most the day, but kept in
> freezer paper. What are these worming tablets, and how do they work? Where
> can I get them- I assume PetCo or something, right? You guys think I need
> them? I'll try calling a vet today and see what they think as well.
> THANK YOU!
>

> "buglady" <buglady99@bigfootdog.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "D" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:ESWtc.2010$aM1.397@fed1read02...
> > > Came home tonight to find that my dog at an entire raw steak that was
> over
> > > 1.5 yrs old (I found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot to throw it
> > > away). She's acting fine, but now I'm worried about her getting sick,
or
> > > parasites/worms. Is this something to be worried about? Is there
> anything
> > > can do to prevent worms?
> >
> > .......After 1.5 years in the freezer there are no parasites. Lucky dog
> > score a real piece of meat! The only thing I'd worry about is if there
> was
> > a bone as after that much time in the freezer the bone would have dried
> out
> > considerably - was it boneless?
> >
> > buglady
> > take out the dog before replying

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-29 17:28:51 EST
HOWEDY janet,

"J1Boss" <j1boss@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Came home tonight to find that my dog at an
> > entire raw steak that was over 1.5 yrs old (I
> > found it cleaning out my freezer and forgot
> > to throw it away). She's acting fine, but now
> > I'm worried about her getting sick,
> >Thanks
>
> If it was only just thawed, there was undoubtedly
> freezer burn, but no danger,

You mean its not as dangerHOWES
as eatin your filthy undies.

> and worms aren't an issue.

Right. Stealin stuff and swallowin it is
the ISSUE, janet.

> Keep your trash away from her in the future!

You think hiding the weenie is gonna teach
his dog not to steal stuff and swallow it like
HOWE your dog Franklin done and got intestinal
surgery and nearly killed hisself escapin your
crate?

> Janet Boss

As a EXXXPERT dog trainer janet, please
tell us HOWE to train dogs not to steal stuff
and swallow it or run HOWET in the street
and get run DHOWEN by a passin car like
your dogs have done, janet?

Does your shock collar train dogs not to eat poison?

> http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/

You're an EXXXPERT dog trainer, janet.
Tell us HOWE to poison proof a dog?

You can't, janet... cause you're a FRAUD
a LIAR and a DOG ABUSER.

Here's you burnin a dog with a "neck
muscle pulsing NINE" on your Innoteck
shock collar":

"sionnach" <rhyfelwr@msn.com> wrote in message
> "J1Boss" <j1boss@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> > > I can't imagine needing anything higher
> > > than a 5 with it, even with an insensitive
> > > dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

> > I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but
> > I had apointer ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

Jerking choking and shockin and lockin dogs
in boxes and ignoring their cries makes their
dogs go "EWWWW" but they don't NOTICE
EXXXCEPT to spray BINACA in their eyes
and jerk and choke them on pronged spiked
pinch choke collars and shock and spray MOORE
aversives in their faces.

Do you think the citronella collar is CRUEL cause
the SMELL LINGERS after the dog's been sprayed
in the face and the dog won't know HOWE COME
IT was MACED?

> > My dogs are not human children wearing
> > fur- they are DOGS.

They're DUMB ANIMALS they HURT and MURDER.

> James Agnew writes:
>
> > It's not an unlikely claim at all, unless
> > of course I or my relatives are lying which
> > is, of course, something you'd never
> > dream of suggesting :-)

Not here abHOWETS!

> I think it was suggested that while NO may
> not be used as a word to the dogs,
> it probably IS used in your household.

You think so, janet?

> "There's no more butter" or such.

Oh. O.K., janet. You been takin
your ANTI PSYCHOTIC meds?

> > Not at all! These dogs were commanded
> > by voice alone - never a whistle, which is
> > why the whistle was used in training.
>
> Don't believe for a second that turning
> away from the dog makes the dog believe
> that the noise isn't coming from the human.

You mean like when you go "un uh" and
jerk and choke the dog on your pronged
spiked pinch choke collar or shock IT
with a neck pulsing NINE on your shock
collar?

> How silly!

INDEED! We're talkin abHOWET HURTIN
DOGS and LYING abHOWET it, janet.

> Dogs are pretty smart,

Is THAT HOWE COME you HURT
INTIMDATE and MURDER THEM, janet?

> particularly BCs!

A dog is a dog, you swine.

> You don't really think they didn't know where a
> "distraction" whistle came from, now do you?

The IDEA is that it's not INTIMIDATING,
like when you go "un unh" and CHOKE
and SHOCK the dog.

> >...so why not try acting in a warmer,
> > friendlier less confrontational way?

Oh, that's on accHOWENT of James
don't HURT dogs to train them. That
always upsets HOWER MENTALLY
ILL LYING DOG ABUSING PUNK
THUG COWARDS and ACTIVE LONG
TERM MENTAL CASES.

> I think you get a response in line with
> what you post.

Yeah?

> Basically, you posted here with criticism
> of others

You mean, lying dog abusing punk thug
cowards and active incurable long term
mental cases, like yourself, janet?

> and praising the "right" way.

You mean, NOT HURTING and INTIMDIATING
and MURDERING dogs, like you do, janet?

> Only a lot of is doesn't hold up.

Cause you're gonna kick and scream?

> Discussion rather than morality lectures is a lot better.

Well janet, we wouldn't want MORALITY
to interfere with ETHICS and PRINCIPLES.

WOULD WE.

> Janet Boss
> http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
> http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-29 17:32:53 EST
HOWEDY buglady,

Might be a good time to discuss poison proofin, eh?

BWEEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >