Dog Discussion: Dog Skin Problems

Dog Skin Problems

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

Caroline
2004-05-20 05:18:27 EST
"Marcus" wrote
> >>The cost should not be a factor, the welfare of your dog should be your
> priority.<<<
>
> Sadly it is when your wife dies and you have to leave your job and bring
up
> 2 children on the social fund.
>
> Thanks for the help anyway though.

I appreciate the problems, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

But would you try and home diagnose a skin problem on your kids, or ask
complete strangers to diagnose them and suggest treatments over the
internet? I sincerely hope not. I hope you'd take them to the doctor ASAP.
Why should your treatment of your dog be any different?

If you're on the social and can prove it, you can take your dog to your
local PDSA surgery*, where it will be treated free of charge. At one time I
had need to avail of their services to treat a very nasty eye injury in a
terrier of mine. It was long-term treatment, she was treated very well, and
had to undergo some very expensive treatment (lasers & acid etc) which cost
me nothing. I always remember them for this, and now I am in a better
financial situation I often donate to them, to help others who were in my
situation. Why not make use of the money I have donated and get your dog
seen?

HTH

* - PDSA - People's Dispensary for Sick Animals
I believe the RSPCA run similar surgeries on the same basis, i.e Social
Welfare receivers etc = free treatment.

Caroline
2004-05-21 04:30:55 EST
"Ngumba Zuleke" wrote
> Marcus wrote

> your
> > priority.<<<
> >
> > Sadly it is when your wife dies and you have to leave your job and
> bring up
> > 2 children on the social fund.
>
> sorry to hear about your loss...
>
> if you're struggling to look after your dog
> i'm sure there are plenty of shelters that
> can help...
>
> sure, vets cost money, but you can't keep the
> dog in a state of discomfort just because
> you're broke.
>
> there's laws against that sort of thing

I echo your sentiments Ngumba

In the UK he can get free veterinary treatment for his dog from the PDSA and
the RSPCA, so hopefully he'll see these posts and get his dog some help.

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)